Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Lostconfused posted:

They grow fancy beards and scars, just a different aesthetic.

Pretty sure Abnett wrote a whole bath-house scene complete with oiling up of muscular physiques for the Iron Snakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Paragon8 posted:

I think there's a lot of rogue trader art with space marines looking more like punks with dyed hair. I know I paint some of my dudes with neon mohawks
I've resolved to paint any of the hair on my chapter boys a bright magenta, although this was partially determined by ordering a magenta thing of paint.

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

That bottom left kommando looks like when James Bond got disguised as a Japanese person in You Only Live Twice.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Gonna get those classic nobz and deff dread.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
The Tau dice are fuckin awful, 10/10

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Is Made to Order resin?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

They can be metal too, but the majority is resin.

You'll have to pay attention to the item description when they go up on Saturday, because the article doesn't mention it.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Those Nobz sculpts are so cool, as are the Warbosses. Hell, so are the Meganobz and Thraka.

Even after having painted a squad of them I still want to do more. So drat good. It would be so much easier to have done them in resin than metal.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

The Deleter posted:

The Tau dice are fuckin awful, 10/10

They look pretty cool compared to the custode gold poo poo with red pips, now that looks bad. They also seem to be clear, which is a bit unusual for games-workshop dice sets?

Then again I don't like red pips in general, they look pretty bad on the old world orc and goblin decide too.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
I love how the old blood axe Kommandos 100% are not on those bases.

That drop shadow is so awful. 10/10.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
So what's the deal with fortifications? Are there any specific rules for them? I can't seem to find anything; what are they actually good/used for?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

All I know guard have an Aegis Defense Line fortification that you can include in your list, and tournaments don't allow fortifications.

A google search gives this community post

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/12/05/the-aegis-defence-line-stands-firm-in-our-battle-of-the-barricades/

So uh Tau, space marines, and eldar have something similar that you can look up in their rules index I guess.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Lostconfused posted:

They look pretty cool compared to the custode gold poo poo with red pips, now that looks bad. They also seem to be clear, which is a bit unusual for games-workshop dice sets?

Then again I don't like red pips in general, they look pretty bad on the old world orc and goblin decide too.

GW reserves transparency for only their most awful dice

(Idoneth Deepkin)

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Hey does anyone know if Contemptors are still in the Custodes list? Or if any of the Forgeworld Expert Kit units made it in?

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

smug jeebus posted:

Hey does anyone know if Contemptors are still in the Custodes list? Or if any of the Forgeworld Expert Kit units made it in?
All ForgeWorld rules are provided via the Imperial Armour datasheets (which can be downloaded from Warhammer Community) and are not in any of the codexes that have been released. They haven't updated any of them since January so I would assume anything that was there before is still legal now.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Cooked Auto posted:

Oh and then there's some Made to Orker Order Orks too.

James you idiot, you MTO'd the wrong dread

In related news my 3 newest Killa Kans should be finished up tonight, ready for pressing dat button tomorrow. Before those I was able to loot a spare buggy into two brand new mek guns for maximum dakka

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

xtothez posted:

Not gonna lie, I'd be delighted if they MTO'd the Cardboard Dred.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Made in high class glossy cardboard and will set you back about as much as the new Dred. :v:

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Are those still considered legal for tournament play, provided it's on the right size base?

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

Super Waffle posted:

So what's the deal with fortifications? Are there any specific rules for them? I can't seem to find anything; what are they actually good/used for?

They don’t actually have any special rules. You place them like you would any other unit in your army. Usually they have something on their datasheet that makes them worthwhile—the chaos Noctilith Crown was fun to run alongside a big blob of cultists or tanks until they disemboweled the index.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Super Waffle posted:

Are those still considered legal for tournament play, provided it's on the right size base?

surely the correct base is the one that it came with :getin:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Cooked Auto posted:

They can be metal too, but the majority is resin.

You'll have to pay attention to the item description when they go up on Saturday, because the article doesn't mention it.

The Coming Next Week video said all the MTO stuff is metal.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

:ms:

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

so sell me this in some kind of displate like metal, gw you cowards

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/04/21/sunday-preview-the-tau-empire-needs-you/

Next week's pre-orders is all about Tau Kroot. With both of the army box models and the rest of them becoming available.

And then there's also a codex.
And a combat patrol.

But those aren't as important as the kroot releases.

Oh and then there's some Made to Orker Order Orks too.

I absolutely must have these Orks, all of them, are “made to order” models different somehow? How do you buy em

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Frog Act posted:

I absolutely must have these Orks, all of them, are “made to order” models different somehow? How do you buy em

Made to order is different in that they only (roughly) produce as many models as they get initial orders, they most likely won't be available again after production.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Bohemian Nights posted:

Made to order is different in that they only (roughly) produce as many models as they get initial orders, they most likely won't be available again after production.

Oh poo poo so I have to go preorder them directly from GW or whatever and can’t grab them on Amazon? Thanks I’ll keep my eyes peeled for the relevant page and do so

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Frog Act posted:

Oh poo poo so I have to go preorder them directly from GW or whatever and can’t grab them on Amazon? Thanks I’ll keep my eyes peeled for the relevant page and do so

It also usually takes something like six months from ordering them to arrival, since they don't start the production process until they know how many they need to make.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Stephenls posted:

It also usually takes something like six months from ordering them to arrival, since they don't start the production process until they know how many they need to make.

word, I guess that isn't surprising. I'm assuming they also cost like 2x what a normal box of guys would cost. is there, like, a cadence where the preorders are opened? I went to the website/post on my desktop to see if I could find anything but it just seems to be announcing that they're going to exist at some point

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Frog Act posted:

word, I guess that isn't surprising. I'm assuming they also cost like 2x what a normal box of guys would cost. is there, like, a cadence where the preorders are opened? I went to the website/post on my desktop to see if I could find anything but it just seems to be announcing that they're going to exist at some point

It'll be next Saturday morning. Preorders always go live on Saturday morning six days after they're announced on the Sunday "Next week" article.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Stephenls posted:

It'll be next Saturday morning. Preorders always go live on Saturday morning six days after they're announced on the Sunday "Next week" article.

Awesome, thanks buddy! Gonna post up and be ready to snag those for probably a loving ludicrous price, they remind me so much of the Orks I had when I was a kid that came in the '98 starter box

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

xtothez posted:

Still the best model I've ever seen:

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

Triskelli posted:

This is utterly glorious.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Frog Act posted:

Stephenls posted:

FYI, I've ordered 3 separate MTO and got all my stuff within a week or two max each time. I believe they already have a conservative amount of stock made, if you order early you'll get shipped right away from that. If it is very popular and you order late it will take the full production time.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I'm still waiting for the Huron Blackheart I ordered from MTO in January

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

They've still got my Aegis Defense Line.

:(

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Triskelli posted:

holy moly that's incredible

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Virtual Russian posted:

FYI, I've ordered 3 separate MTO and got all my stuff within a week or two max each time. I believe they already have a conservative amount of stock made, if you order early you'll get shipped right away from that. If it is very popular and you order late it will take the full production time.

Oh cool ill try to order first thing Saturday and hope I get lucky

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Frog Act posted:

Oh cool ill try to order first thing Saturday and hope I get lucky

No promises, but I always set an alarm and order asap and I've always got them right away. I'm not sure if I'm just lucky, or if that is the system to get stuff fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I’ve come to accept that ordering things from Britain is fraught with peril and delay after half a dozen order fuckups from 2000 AD so as long as it eventually shows up I’ll be happy. I hope they do that again for other old models, I swear there used to be a 40k snotling horde that came as a swarm on one or two bases but I can’t find any evidence of that and might just be remembering an old fantasy model