Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Vargo posted:

Wallace the Brave

The flower turning with the sun is a :discourse: bit of attention to detail.

Corto Maltese

Blueberry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

EasyEW posted:

Cranky Shafterbean

Enough smug in that room to create a singularity from which not even light can escape.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

amigolupus posted:

Why does every interaction weasel woman have with these assholes involve them trying to shock her with some new "oh, here's how progressive we are" gotcha? Sure, she expressed a desire to eat George the gopher, but it's like she's being indoctrinated in a cult with how much they test whether she's doing "proper" behavior.
You gotta speedrun the softening of her character because she has to exist in a blissful and pure state and has to have always been a good person at heart. It's stuff he's done before (the evolution of Ralph's character, for example) but done faster so it's done markedly worse.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Hippocrass posted:

Why is she sleeping on her back?

She wants to die.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Powered Descent posted:

Flash Gordon

drat, good on you, Doc. Get your liaise on.

yeah I'll bet she's been tracking quakes. :pervert:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

seismologists know what makes the bedrock

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Someone who can accurately answer 'did the earth move for you?'

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

something something 69 gneiss

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

She's more than aware of where the next strike will be

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Anyone have metrics on how many times Ed visits the doctor every month?

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Vox Valentine posted:

You gotta speedrun the softening of her character because she has to exist in a blissful and pure state and has to have always been a good person at heart. It's stuff he's done before (the evolution of Ralph's character, for example) but done faster so it's done markedly worse.

You also have to speedrun it because he's running out of characters to make date or get married that aren't actual children.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

And so closes another story of The Wandering Culinarian. Apologies for the overly long break in the middle there was some uh...stuff...going on that I'd rather not talk about, not all of which is over with yet. I'm not sure how much longer I'll keep up with this, but certainly for at least one more story.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

At least he's not manspreading.

The Family Upstairs/The Dingbat Family(October 24, 1910)

At least the Krazy Kat bit is good.

Baron Bean(April 24, 1916)

Polly and Her Pals(March 24, 1913)

Gasoline Alley(December 15, 1919)

Us Boys(April 22, 1912)

The Gumps(May 21, 1917)

Bringing up Father(January 2, 1913)

A few notes. The son will quickly be shuffled off the background, as McManus decided four main characters were too many, this is the only time he will be mentioned by name. Hearst demanded that Jiggs' goatee be removed, It'll be gone pretty quickly. Jiggs' wife will be renamed to Maggie by next strip.

Abie the Agent(February 5 - 6, 1914)

The earliest strip I could find is from a Thursday, so I'll be doubling up until we sync up with the week

"Cap" Stubbs(March 4, 1918)

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Some Guy TT posted:

I'm not sure how much longer I'll keep up with this, but certainly for at least one more story.

Appreciated. It's not Demons of Baseball, but it's alright.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Some Guy TT posted:

\

And so closes another story of The Wandering Culinarian. Apologies for the overly long break in the middle there was some uh...stuff...going on that I'd rather not talk about, not all of which is over with yet. I'm not sure how much longer I'll keep up with this, but certainly for at least one more story.

I really enjoy The Wandering Culinarian, but absolutely don't beat yourself up if you need to take some time to handle the things in your life. The comic strips thread will be here when things are easier.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
We Are Reproducing

quote:

Haraiso Days

quote:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (March 31-April 4, 2006)

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Hwurmp posted:

Slylock you loving dweeb
Slylock has to be the smartest person in the room at all times and needs everybody to know he's the smartest person in the room.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
So about John Allison's Conan the Barbarian story I was posting...

John Allison posted:

Comics will be back when I have new comics for you. I currently have nothing upcoming scripted. At best it will be a few weeks. At worst it could be a few months.
:(

While this is a major disappointment, I might be able to continue posting the comic. As one of Allison's Patreons, I received the full part 2 of this comic as a pdf download, thus I could conceivably post the remaining pages using that as a source. Still I am a little conflicted if I should do so, partly because that might get Allison into further legal hot water but mainly because the pdf was behind the Patreon paywall and I feel I would be taking money from Allison as opposed to just posting the pages when he released them to the general public. Furthermore even if I posted the remainder of part 2 it would still leave the story unfinished as it looks like we will never see part 3. I'll have to think if I want to do that and would welcome some feedback from the thread.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

The_Other posted:

Still I am a little conflicted if I should do so, partly because that might get Allison into further legal hot water but mainly because the pdf was behind the Patreon paywall and I feel I would be taking money from Allison as opposed to just posting the pages when he released them to the general public.

Oh, that you won't. He nuked both parts from the Patreon.

I was already considering doing exactly the same thing and post the rest of part 2 in the Allison thread, but I can't tell if the first part you mentioned would be a problem or not.

loving hell, do I wish sometimes I was a lawyer so I could go screw in turn those extreme rear end in a top hat leeches that exist entirely to abuse the legal system and suck away pennies from small creators.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

that's rough, but not entirely surprising. the conan thing was the first time i found myself enjoying Allison's work though :(

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I feel like if Allison pulled them off of his Patreon, they're definitely free game (grey area otherwise). gently caress CPI, post the art.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

The worst that could happen is copyright strikes on the hosted images. Do it.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

The_Other posted:

Aww, that sucks. I was enjoying it (though you can tell Allison's not the most familiar with the original material :lol:). Considering REH died in 1936, I find it hard to be sympathetic to CPI!

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

someone awful. posted:

that's rough, but not entirely surprising. the conan thing was the first time i found myself enjoying Allison's work though :(

yeah it is my favorite thing of his since bad machinery and im sad to see it go.

speaking of poorly thought out public domain works is randy still chugging along with his horrible mickey comic?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

if the pdfs of the conan thing happened to turn up in my inbox, i would not complain

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Less John Allison in this thread is a good thing. And I say that as someone who owns a great deal of John Allison's work.

Modesty Blaise: The Iron God

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 10/19/52

Archie 3/16-18/50

The Virtue of Vera Valiant 7/11-13/77

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

riderchop posted:

For Better or For Worse

Wow, April's language skills improved massively thanks to the trauma of Farley's death!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

She needed a blood sacrifice in order to upgrade.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I liked the Conan story and I'm disappointed, but knowing it's not going to be finished I don't care if I see the second part.

F Minus

Mark Trail

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

This past week I learned about plantigrade stance and now I don't think I'll ever look at the way Garfield walks quite the same ever again.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

guest artist causes anti semetism accusations against comic strip, news at 11.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

She needed a blood sacrifice in order to upgrade.

is that what happened to the girl genius in Rex Morgan?

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

The_Other posted:

:(

Ugh. An LLC from Los Angeles, the takedown notice capital of the world. Even with the life-plus-70 rule on John's side, they could've flexed a trademark claim, and those can only be killed by willful abandonment of the rights holder. This is why I assume Mousetrapped had all those not-so-paranoid-in-hindsight disclaimers.

Anyway, welcome back to the 100% legally in the clear A Sketchy Life for April 19, 1928! We start tonight with Ned Hilton.

Don Herold:

LJ Holton:

Johnny Gruelle:

Herb Roth:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Selachian posted:

Get Fuzzy 4/21/04

"Because that would imply we gave a poo poo about the soldiers we horribly maimed, and why would we do that?"

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Some Guy TT posted:

Even just gathering old strips together to post is a pain in the rear end without even getting into translating them. If you have stuff going on that's making this a hardship for you, we get it. We appreciate your efforts for the thread, but you gotta take care of you, first.

Luann

Gil Thorp

Home Free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail