Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

LazyMaybe posted:

r/AskHistorians is ok.

it's funny how redditors writ large simply do not understand the concept of an actually moderated space where you need sources for what you post, so every remotely popular question gets filled up with a lot of [deleted] as idiots kramer in to give their uninformed take before getting shot down

I'm subscribed to a bunch of language and travel subreddits that are just plagued by the most basic, low effort questions:

* I travelled somewhere and it low-key sucked. Help me get through this.
* I want to travel, where should I travel to?
* Is $300 enough to go backpacking through Europe for 12 months?
* Stayed in hostel and it was noisy
* What's the difference between 'el' and 'la' in Spanish? (like the content of your very first Spanish lesson)
* I want to learn a language, which should I learn?
* Learning (language) is hard, should I give up?
* (Language learning method) is bad / awesome and you should feel bad / awesome

But after one set of complaints, a mod of one of the travel subreddits replied, saying that they were trying to reduce the number of dumb posts. They were already deleting a huge number but there was a flood of trash and they were drowning. AskHistorians is one of the few spaces there that has mastered the idiocy of their audience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

r/woodworking is decent, partly because they have a rule of any post that contains an item that is a flag or national symbol can be allowed, but discussion is immediately locked so you can't try to stir poo poo by posting your lovely american flag pallet wood piece in front of a case of Black Rifle Coffee with the title "There are only 2 genders" or whatever the gently caress.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
r/aww is full of cute animals
r/natureislit is full of awesome nature photos
r/peoplefuckingdying is full of schadenfreude - do NOT confuse with r/peopledying
r/facepalm is full of people being idiots
r/damnthatsinteresting is full of cool photos

You can find a lot of great subs just by scrolling r/all. But be careful, since the start of the Ukraine war, there has been a huge uptick in gore and death videos. And it's only gotten worse since Israel went full lebensraum.

Saw one today of an Israeli guy getting out of his car to pull down a Palestinian flag someone had put on the side of the road in some knee high grass only it was linked to a hidden bomb under the ground. So, when he pulled the flag out of the ground :(. Not even in a war sub, just one of those ones that's a string of random letters and numbers so you have no idea of what you're about to see when the 5 second video autoplays.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

r/animetitties is good for world News
r/marijuanaenthusiasts is good for cool pictures of plants and actual trees

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I like the R/(Subject)CircleJerk subs.

Like r/BobDylanCircleJerk or UrbanPlanningCircleJerk.

Oh and r/MandelaEffect just tightened up its rules about "personal Mandela effect posts"

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Leon Sumbitches posted:

r/animetitties is good for world News

Just found out about this earlier. Apparently r/worldnews wasn't moderated, or they weren't doing their job, and it got overrun with people spamming and posting nudes. So the members created r/anime_titties both as a 'gently caress you' to the mods and somewhere to serious post about world news.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Beastie posted:

Oh and r/MandelaEffect just tightened up its rules about "personal Mandela effect posts"

Good, I find the mass delusions way more interesting than individual delusions, those are a dime a dozen.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.
Quantity has a quality all its own

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
r/cummingonfigurines is full of people cumming of figurines

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Just found out about this earlier. Apparently r/worldnews wasn't moderated, or they weren't doing their job, and it got overrun with people spamming and posting nudes. So the members created r/anime_titties both as a 'gently caress you' to the mods and somewhere to serious post about world news.

/worldnews got shockingly racist after october 7th and probably not in the way that you think!

I'm sure it was before though

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

LazyMaybe posted:

r/AskHistorians is ok.

r/AskHistorians posted:

How would one have “prepared” for anal sex in the 1800s?

Only comment removeds so far

Herman Merman fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Apr 22, 2024

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Because we don't need to think about that one

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Lots of senna

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

goblin week posted:

finally a good subreddit suggestion
is the rook from a chess set a good starter figurine or should i maybe go with the monopoly shoe

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

goblin week posted:

drat, I remember hearing about that sub a million years ago. I think it was back during the pedogeddon, when goons were finding just the worst poo poo imaginable. Even with subs like deadn*****rjailbait coming to light, it still creeped me out enough to stand out in my memory.

Can't believe it's still around.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Megillah Gorilla posted:

deadn*****rjailbait

jfc that's like pretty edgy by 4chan and ED standards. Reddit is the biggest stealth shithole on the planet.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol at frozen peaches internet.

"we ban sjws, but r/slurslurslurINFOHAZARD isnt banned"

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life
One time I trolled a lunatic regular in the conspiracy sub for like a month. Even though I was obviously the bad guy and my victim was in good standing the mods helped me tease the guy.

FSB knows they have a mission undermining western democracy but it's good to have fun too.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

this wasn't a joke, there's a strange beauty to a subreddit of people documenting old things from kmart and posting updates from the few stores still in existence. ever wonder how the kmart in guam's doing? they will tell you

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Internet Old One posted:

One time I trolled a lunatic regular in the conspiracy sub for like a month. Even though I was obviously the bad guy and my victim was in good standing the mods helped me tease the guy.

FSB knows they have a mission undermining western democracy but it's good to have fun too.

FSB ftw

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

zetamind2000 posted:

this wasn't a joke, there's a strange beauty to a subreddit of people documenting old things from kmart and posting updates from the few stores still in existence. ever wonder how the kmart in guam's doing? they will tell you

Well now I do

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Guam K lore? Oh do tell.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

edit: now it's fixed? this loving site

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Black Noise posted:

Guam K lore? Oh do tell.

Madness at Kmart Guam

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Lol jfc

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

that was two months ago so maybe things are better now

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Why would the folks at r/NeverBrokeABone be interested in r/Soda?

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
Consumption of Soft Drinks Is Associated with an Increased Risk of Fracture

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

LanceHunter posted:

Why would the folks at r/NeverBrokeABone be interested in r/Soda?
because it's not milk

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Hydrohomies should be studied on how to completely rebrand and gaslight the world into thinking you weren’t mocking black people.

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

Black Noise posted:

Hydrohomies should be studied on how to completely rebrand and gaslight the world into thinking you weren’t mocking black people.

I mean, all you have to do is mention it getting renamed and redditors will be happy to tell you how it totally wasn't racist, it was actually just a funny name for a subreddit and maybe you're the real racist for having a problem with it?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lmao

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

these guys sound real cool

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol at the modern era and its modern problems, like the helicopter parents/other adults from hell with their digital panopitcon app

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I knew there was a reason I followed offmychest

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
We’ve domesticated the tentacle monsters now so we can produce more ethical hentai that doesn’t involve wild creatures. This dude needs to get with the times.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
"more ethical hentai" is a good username

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
have you considered that the octopus would be happier under the ocean still? leave those poor guys alone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

the hentai is too drat gay!