Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

mcmagic posted:

The chances of him still being on the team this season are growing. I don't think they will just cut him.

It rules that we are an Arod and Tyrod injury (not exactly low percentage events) away from ANOTHER full season of Zach Wilson. This is like Austin Powers steamroller scene levels of failing to avoid a problem

Look buddy he’s played better than an average sixth rounder or whatever, ergo, draft steal :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Docjowles posted:

Look buddy he’s played better than an average sixth rounder or whatever, ergo, draft steal :colbert:

Exactly, anytime you can get a guy who had a mere 900 less receiving yards then super high 5th round draft pick Puca Nacua you LEAP at the opportunity.

Pop's a nice player, but it's kinda weird how much some Pats fans hype the guy. Dude showed flashes on the worst offense in the league, but he was still like the 11th most productive rookie WR.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Docjowles posted:

It rules that we are an Arod and Tyrod injury (not exactly low percentage events) away from ANOTHER full season of Zach Wilson. This is like Austin Powers steamroller scene levels of failing to avoid a problem

The idea that anyone would rule this out, this being the jets, is crazy.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Kalli posted:

Yeah, it's the most Jets thing imaginable to end up having Zach Wilson start half the season again.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Bailey Zappe can't even throw the ball far enough to use Marv

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Nodoze posted:

Bailey Zappe can't even throw the ball far enough to use Marv

Joe Milton time :getin:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Nosre posted:

Unleash The Dragon 2.0 let's go

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Nosre posted:

I grabbed him and Marv in the Goon draft for the Pats!

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/DMRussini/status/1782463508652703753

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

You have no idea how vindicated I'm going to feel if the Patriots trade the pick.

I will cheering every time Jacoby Brissett is able to stand back and scan the field thanks to Olu Fashanu and rifle a pass to Brian Thomas Jr for 14 yards on 3rd and 20 this year. BUILDING FOR THE FUTURE BUILDING FOR THE FUTURE

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I think the Patriots should trade the pick so I'm hoping they stay at 3 and take a bust QB.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
If they trade out because they are afraid to pick a QB who busts that guy is 100% gonna be a stud for the Vikings

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1782476288776663309

Congrats uhhh Jets fans

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Congratulations, you're free.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

It's really incredible that Douglas has survived that draft pick and there are still a lot of jet fans who are so broke brained that they think he's a good GM!

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Chuckling at the New York Jets fanfics that were being posted in this thread not 12 hours ago.

Anyways, I never want to hear Zach Wilson's name ever again.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol

mcmagic posted:

The chances of him still being on the team this season are growing. I don't think they will just cut him.

syzpid posted:

I know I have only been posting about Wilson, but since voluntary workouts have just started and he announced that he isn’t attending, I read somewhere that pretty much the Jets would owe him 5 mil if they cut him and 1.4 mil if he was claimed off waivers. Such a ridiculously small amount to give a poo poo about if your an NFL franchise, especially one that just raised the cost of tickets for a team that was sub 500 and hasn’t made the playoffs in over 10 years. The Johnsons are embarrassing, even the cheapest teams in the league would have cut Wilson before now.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Professor Funk posted:

Anyways, I never want to hear Zach Wilson's name ever again.
You'll hear it again when he is hoisting the Lombardy as super bowl MVP for the Broncos.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'll carve the Sean Payton statue myself if he turns Zach Wilson into an acceptable franchise QB.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Kalli posted:

I'll carve the Sean Payton statue myself if he turns Zach Wilson into an acceptable franchise QB.

This is honest to god one of the funniest spin tweets I’ve ever seen:

https://twitter.com/dmrussini/status/1782477487768777060?s=46&t=Q9JsEynxHxZ9F2lOwU2Uuw

"The Broncos explored the veteran QB market and landed on Zach Wilson." Uh huh.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
do the Broncos and Jets play this season? revenge game part 2?

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

And with that there is only one QB on the original team from the 2021 draft.

https://www.si.com/nfl/49ers/news/chris-simms-quarterback-rankings-for-the-2021-nfl-draft

Every year the sports media hypes up QBs and talks about how great they are going to be.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

indigi posted:

do the Broncos and Jets play this season? revenge game part 2?

Yeah, Broncos @ Jets sometime this season.

Odds of Zach W seeing the field though is probably about zero. I'm not sure if he's worse then Dinucci, but he's absolutely a worse QB then Stidham.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Not sure what’s in this for Denver but ok. They didn’t have a starting QB on the roster before the trade and they still don’t after.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Docjowles posted:

Not sure what’s in this for Denver but ok. They didn’t have a starting QB on the roster before the trade and they still don’t after.

It's realistically a camp battle between Zach Wilson and Dinucci for QB3. I guess a rosterable QB3 is worth a late round pick swap?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Professor Funk posted:

It's realistically a camp battle between Zach Wilson and Dinucci for QB3. I guess a rosterable QB3 is worth a late round pick swap?

I think it's more the Jets offering to pick up some salary, there are FAs available better than Wilson and Benzino (and Stidham for that matter). hell actually drafting someone in the 6th-7th has about as much QB3 upside

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
congrats Jets fans! your long nightmare is over at last!

god im so happy i won't be subjected to yet another set of prime time NYJ games with that idiot at QB

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Relentlessboredomm posted:

congrats Jets fans! your long nightmare is over at last!

god im so happy i won't be subjected to yet another set of prime time NYJ games with that idiot at QB

the nightmare of being a jet fan will predate and postdate zach wilson

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Man gently caress that.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Oh good, maybe we’ll actually sweep the Jets this year. Somehow being in Met Life with Zach Wilson makes Josh extra dumb.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Jets got the Broncos to pick up $2.75m of Wilson's salary, so he's like $8m of dead cap rather than $11m. Insanely small victory, but you could probably sign a meaningful veteran free agent/depth piece with that money. It's not meaningless. *shrug*

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I'm sure Dan Hanzus is sad about this.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

mcmagic posted:

I think the Patriots should trade the pick so I'm hoping they stay at 3 and take a bust QB.

Please don't draft Maye for the love of all that is holy

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1782487713662288084?t=SrCDVgxH1pekAiRUKYTHtg&s=19

Nov 6, 2002

Those results don't really matter. They need to draft a QB at some point.

The best argument against drafting a QB this year is that it will still be at least two more years of roster building before they are competitive again - and that's assuming they've hired a competent coach. In the meantime they are wasting cheap rookie QB years. Then of course there's the more subjective argument that they'll stymie the development of whatever QB they draft with a putrid surrounding cast.

Better to fill out the roster, find out if Mayo is a turd or not and then swing for the fences on a QB.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The best argument against drafting a QB this year is that it will still be at least two more years of roster building before they are competitive again - and that's assuming they've hired a competent coach. In the meantime they are wasting cheap rookie QB years. Then of course there's the more subjective argument that they'll stymie the development of whatever QB they draft with a putrid surrounding cast.

Better to fill out the roster, find out if Mayo is a turd or not and then swing for the fences on a QB.

Also, if they feel there is a fatal flaw that they can't coach away from a QB.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

But then that solid roster you've built finishes the season with pick 13 or 14 and you need to give up two to three seasons' worth of premium picks to move up for a top QB prospect (assuming the lovely teams that ended up with those picks are even willing to part with them in the first place).

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Sean Payton is a moron. I can’t believe anyone traded for him.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

syzpid posted:

Sean Payton is a moron. I can’t believe anyone traded for him.

You can't root for a team that employs Nathaniel Hackett and Robert Saleh and call any other coach a moron. I'd trade the Broncos' staff for the Jets' in a nanosecond.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Local broncos fans are doing the "Darnold dance."

"He had the talent to be the #2 pick, he'll do great here!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

fsif posted:

But then that solid roster you've built finishes the season with pick 13 or 14 and you need to give up two to three seasons' worth of premium picks to move up for a top QB prospect (assuming the lovely teams that ended up with those picks are even willing to part with them in the first place).

Trying to plan where you draft a year in the future is a fools errand. Certainly nothing you should be making critical team building decisions based on.