Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
koreanimation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i would agree that its like halo for people who think halo has deep lore

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Al! posted:

i hear that the north korean slave animators are shot every season so that they are prevented from bringing the light of rick and morty to the people

i'm pickle kim!

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Al! posted:

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Al! posted:

i hear that the north korean slave animators are shot every season so that they are prevented from bringing the light of rick and morty to the people

it’s crazy cause you’d think if anyone would appreciate turning into a pickle it’s Koreans.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I started watching Apple+ TV's Sugar, a show that it doesn't even matter what it's about so I’m not going to say it, but it stars Colin Farrell being the most Colin Farreliest you've ever seen him be in anything and it's just as good (or bad) as you imagine it would be based on that description. it rules and if you like whiskey the first episode will make you really want a glass.

I lied before when I said I wouldn't say what it's about, it's about a private detective who finds missing people, loves old movies, and hates guns (which qualifies it as anti-American). the cinematography is neat if a bit too conspicuous at times, the score is very good, the story is whatever honestly it doesn't matter at all. it's nothing special. the main character is so unbelievably cool and charming that no other actor on Earth would be able to pull it off, but Colin "The Penguin" Farrell does, and to be quite frank I wish he'd pull me off too.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Al! posted:

It does, the real good lore all comes from the Marathon games before it got all corporate. The text logs contain the trauma that rampant AI go through justifying how sick and vicious MC and Cortana treat each other.

It fits so well.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i like invincible. i like omni-man

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
you've got a degree in baloney

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsnmFeI-AFA

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

KirbyKhan posted:

It does, the real good lore all comes from the Marathon games before it got all corporate. The text logs contain the trauma that rampant AI go through justifying how sick and vicious MC and Cortana treat each other.

It fits so well.

you mean it fits all too well :toot:

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

I guess her husband wrote Halo 5, or something?

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

indigi posted:

I started watching Apple+ TV's Sugar, a show that it doesn't even matter what it's about so I’m not going to say it, but it stars Colin Farrell being the most Colin Farreliest you've ever seen him be in anything and it's just as good (or bad) as you imagine it would be based on that description. it rules and if you like whiskey the first episode will make you really want a glass.

I lied before when I said I wouldn't say what it's about, it's about a private detective who finds missing people, loves old movies, and hates guns (which qualifies it as anti-American). the cinematography is neat if a bit too conspicuous at times, the score is very good, the story is whatever honestly it doesn't matter at all. it's nothing special. the main character is so unbelievably cool and charming that no other actor on Earth would be able to pull it off, but Colin "The Penguin" Farrell does, and to be quite frank I wish he'd pull me off too.

it’s not bad but there is something off about him and his group that hasn’t been explained yet imo. some folks in TVIV think it could go one way but I’ll just see where it goes.

show is full of homages though.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

KirbyKhan posted:

It fits so well.

ais go crazy when they get older like a car or a dog i dont get whats deep about that

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

an ai realizes that he doesnt have a way to escape the end of the universe and has a midlife crisis. there now youre caught up on the epic marathon lore

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

sonatinas posted:

it’s not bad but there is something off about him and his group that hasn’t been explained yet imo. some folks in TVIV think it could go one way but I’ll just see where it goes.

I'm only 1.5 episodes in but I agree there kind of has to be just for thematic reasons. that's not what hooked me though and if it is just straight up Good Guy PIs Helping Find People I’m fine with that

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Al! posted:

an ai realizes that he doesnt have a way to escape the end of the universe and has a midlife crisis. there now youre caught up on the epic marathon lore

Similar themes, similar depth

ram dass in hell posted:

it fits all too well :toot:

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Mid 30 year old billionaire monitors the location tracker of her ex boyfriend. She watches the pin glide into a lovely bar and starts SPIRALLING.

Tale as old as time.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

the main marathon lore you need to internalize is: humans are irrevocably violent and it doesnt matter whats going on, where it is in the universe or what is at stake, if you tell a human "so anyways go here and kill" they will go there and kill until the stars burn out and creation plays in reverse

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

do AIs dream of electric weebs

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

duel of the fates (taylor's version)

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I'd give it a spin

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Master Chief X Cortana AMV "Blank Space"

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

indigi posted:

koreanimation

in the livejournal era you'd hear about American animators, distraught over the proliferation of Flash cartoons, moving to S Korea to work in sweatshops. I wonder if any of these guys has been brave enough to try to do the same in N Korea

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

north koreans made the simpsons movie and benders big score so i agree they should be destroyed

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

crazy to think that different tswift albums are different people's halo 2 depending on when they got into her

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

josh04 posted:

crazy to think that different tswift albums are different people's halo 2 depending on when they got into her

phrasing!

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

i know next to nothing about t-swift but i do understand halo

whats the ODST of taylor swift music

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Why has Taylor Swift not come to Korea since 2011? This question has been weighing on the hearts of Korean Swifties and the music scene alike since the American pop star last performed in Korea some 13 years ago.

Taylor Swift last performed in Korea in February 2011 as part of her “Speak Now” tour, at the KSPO Dome in Songpa District, southern Seoul. The venue could seat up to 15,000 people — except it didn’t.

The singer-songwriter’s last Korean concert was one of the few performances of the “Speak Now” tour that didn’t sell out, which was perhaps a contributing factor to why her latest “Eras” pin didn’t drop on the peninsula.

Neither Swift’s management agency Universal Music nor the tour promoter Anschutz Entertainment Group (AEG) have commented on why the singer only stops in Japan and Singapore for the Asian “Eras” leg. But Korean industry insiders generally agree on one thing: She couldn’t perform here now, even if she wanted to.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Michael Jackson biopic is going to be the community event of the summer

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

maybe she meant halo lore like nine inch nails

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

halo games became more about the “deep lore” in that they started just throwing in a bunch of characters and concepts from the dozens of Halo spin-off novels without any proper introduction so you had to wiki hunt just to understand the basic character relationships. not sure how that translates into a Taylor Swift album

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Augus posted:

halo games became more about the “deep lore” in that they started just throwing in a bunch of characters and concepts from the dozens of Halo spin-off novels without any proper introduction so you had to wiki hunt just to understand the basic character relationships. not sure how that translates into a Taylor Swift album

it's just like that but with magazine articles instead of novels and instead of characters, various scarves

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

you see, taylor swift albums are like the malazan books,

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

you see Reputation is like [trying hard to think of something boys like] uhh bugs and dirt

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

mawarannahr posted:

Why has Taylor Swift not come to Korea since 2011? This question has been weighing on the hearts of Korean Swifties and the music scene alike since the American pop star last performed in Korea some 13 years ago.

Taylor Swift last performed in Korea in February 2011 as part of her “Speak Now” tour, at the KSPO Dome in Songpa District, southern Seoul. The venue could seat up to 15,000 people — except it didn’t.

The singer-songwriter’s last Korean concert was one of the few performances of the “Speak Now” tour that didn’t sell out, which was perhaps a contributing factor to why her latest “Eras” pin didn’t drop on the peninsula.

Neither Swift’s management agency Universal Music nor the tour promoter Anschutz Entertainment Group (AEG) have commented on why the singer only stops in Japan and Singapore for the Asian “Eras” leg. But Korean industry insiders generally agree on one thing: She couldn’t perform here now, even if she wanted to.

Why not?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

juche bitch

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Al! posted:

you see Reputation is like [trying hard to think of something boys like] uhh bugs and dirt

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Al! posted:

juche bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

sonatinas posted:

there is a whole scene in invincible this season that talks about saving money in animation

That sounds like it was an adaptation of a scene from the comic that was a dig at Brian Michael Bendis’ habit of padding his comics out with repeated panels that used the same artwork.