Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

Rivethead posted:

I honestly think it will be hung jury after hung jury after hung jury ad infinitum and that will wear on him tremendously. I'm ok with it.

what happens in this case? it's already pretty evident that Trump's defense sucks and that he's clearly guilty, but if there's one rogue Trumper on the jury then what? is the case dismissed or do they try it again with a new jury?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Sedgr posted:

Trumps presidency was filled with crimes and golf. No golf in the court at all, luckily he can still commit crimes. It's a real strain for him.
If trump goes a day without crime, Satan can collect

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Any and all “arguments” blurted out by Trump or in service of Trump lives in its own bubble and is unaffected by the surrounding world. In that particular bubble, Trump is being tortured by having to sit indoors all day. In another bubble, he’ll be proclaimed as a masterful court tactician with his sly pretend-snoozing and totally rad pwnage of the uppity DA and her cabal of jackals.

If coherency was necessary for the GOP and their media cultist then Trump would’ve been DOA.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
Judge is already addressing Trump's violation of the gag order tomorrow morning, so just doubling down. The judge certainly going to be amused by this.

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

the funny thing is I do believe trump is a weak little bitch who is tortured by having to sit in the courtroom, its good for him

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

JAMOOOL posted:

what happens in this case? it's already pretty evident that Trump's defense sucks and that he's clearly guilty, but if there's one rogue Trumper on the jury then what? is the case dismissed or do they try it again with a new jury?

If a holdout causes a hung jury, the judge can declare a mistrial. The DA would then decide whether to go for a new trial or just leave it unresolved forever.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

For fucks same just put his punk rear end in jail already

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Infinitum posted:

How long does a President sit in the Oval Office? :thunk:

Well,

quote:

President Trump will work from early in the morning until late in the evening. He will make many calls and have many meetings.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Three Olives posted:

Judge is already addressing Trump's violation of the gag order tomorrow morning, so just doubling down. The judge certainly going to be amused by this.

Uh that might be the worst thing he could say

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

wheatpuppy posted:

If a holdout causes a hung jury, the judge can declare a mistrial. The DA would then decide whether to go for a new trial or just leave it unresolved forever.

I think people are seriously over estimating the odds that one or more Trumpers are just going to throw the trial. Being on a jury in a serious case is not what you think it is if you haven't been on one, it's a very dry finding of basic facts, the decision is practically made for you.

I'm not saying that there isn't the possability that one juror is in the tank for Trump and planning on throwing the case, what I am saying is if they try and do that it is going to be a deeply unpleasant experience for them and not as easy as they might think it is, eventually you just want to go home.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

"Executive Time" requires a toilet, they need to install a toilet so he can sit, comfortably, for hours.

edit;

Three Olives posted:

I think people are seriously over estimating the odds that one or more Trumpers are just going to throw the trial. Being on a jury in a serious case is not what you think it is if you haven't been on one, it's a very dry finding of basic facts, the decision is practically made for you.

I think it's more that actual, full on members of the Cult aren't going to be swayed by anything but their desire to fully exonerate their God.

Barometer fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Apr 23, 2024

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I like how Watters is trying to portray him as some burly berserking mountain man who spends his life in a state of constant frenetic action, zipping here there and everywhere, a whirling dervish of energy, and cannot physically be cooped up in a room all day or he will surely die

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Three Olives posted:

This is very, weird.

Trump is being punished by being forced to act like he has a 9-5 office job? It makes him sound weak and mentally unbalanced.

I was waiting for the sycophant to shamelessly read the script like the paid actor from a 1940s propaganda film. Great to see we're right on schedule for today's installment.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.
Are we taking bets on when his current attorneys withdraw as counsel?

It has to have already gotten to the point where they've told him, "if you don't shut the gently caress up, we walk."

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Uh that might be the worst thing he could say

I was under the impression that he already had a final warning and next one was jail.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Toxic Mental posted:

For fucks same just put his punk rear end in jail already

Even if he’s convicted I would be shocked if he got a single day in jail. House arrest would be my bet. The idea of Trump wearing an ankle monitor is funny though

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Barometer posted:

"Executive Time" requires a toilet, they need to install a toilet so he can sit, comfortably, for hours.

It has to be the kind with a padded seat. If you spend too much time sitting on a regular toilet seat, your legs fall asleep.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

JAMOOOL posted:

The latter. They have to start a brand new trial with a brand new jury.

I don't think it's likely to be a hung jury as some itt do.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Two separate Manhattan juries convicted him of civil fraud, I don't think a secret chud is likely

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

kazil posted:

The latter. They have to start a brand new trial with a brand new jury.

I don't think it's likely to be a hung jury as some itt do.

Yeah in the unlikely event someone tries to hang the jury, I imagine the judge would send them back with instructions to knock that poo poo off.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

nobodygetshurt posted:

can i get a little vulnerable with you, LOL thread?

i still don't understand what 'based' means.

in this context the judge is being based for telling trupm to gently caress off while giving a juror time to do whatever the gently caress, they are 2 entirely different people with no relation so this is stupid but funny and also hes right

this is how we claim it back

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Barometer posted:

edit;

I think it's more that actual, full on members of the Cult aren't going to be swayed by anything but their desire to fully exonerate their God.

I don't think there is much chance that a full on cultist got on the jury. I think there might be one or more people sympathetic to Trump the caricature but Trump the person is gross and deeply unpleasant and his bad behavior is on full display.

This isn't a rally or a club, there is a lot of deference shown to jurors just in every day procedure and Trump is physically incapable of showing respect to anyone or anything.

If any of the jurors is stupid enough to give an interview after this is over, I think based on his behavior even if they liked or had no option about Trump from the beginning, they are going to say everyone loving hated his smug rear end by the end of the trial.

There was kind of a one off comment by a lot of people that Trump refused to stand for the jury and the comments from people that have experience in this kind of thing saying "Jesus loving christ, any criminal defense attorney would have begged him not to do this, begged him, it's just unprecedented in a case like this to give that kind of gently caress you to the jury right at the start of the trial.

His lawyers absolutely don't want him in the court being Trump in front of the people that are going to decide his fate.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Apr 23, 2024

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Strong Sauce posted:

it means the person said something factually truthful that required them to stick their neck out to say. there's a bit of irony where sometimes what you say doesn't actually have to be controversial, it's just the person responding thinks what you're saying is true.

:hmmyes:

but ironically maybe

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

:cawg:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Frank Frank posted:

Even if he’s convicted I would be shocked if he got a single day in jail. House arrest would be my bet. The idea of Trump wearing an ankle monitor is funny though

I mean considering this is about election interference that would be pretty light punishment

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
If we're making predictions, I don't think he'll be remanded for breaching the gag order tomorrow, much as I would like to see it. I do think he'll eat a fine and get yelled at.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Three Olives posted:

This is very, weird.

Trump is being punished by being forced to act like he has a 9-5 office job? It makes him sound weak and mentally unbalanced.

Imagine what its like when ur forced to stand for eight hours straight. They really saying he can't handle less than a retail shift where he doesn't have to do jack poo poo lol

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

What a silly argument. It's so weird that working class people love this guy. He's like, the epitome of everything they usually hate. It's amazing how far you can get by saying we need to root out the Mexicans and Democrats.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
For the record, I think Donald Trump absolutely would die if he had to work a single retail or food-service shift.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

the difference between chickpeas and garbanzo beans is that former president donald j trump loves to drench himself in hooker piss to maintain a youthful glow.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

withak posted:

For the record, I think Donald Trump absolutely would die if he had to work a single retail or food-service shift.

Undercover TRUMP

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Barometer posted:

You beat me to the executive time bit, but in office his hours were being up all night rage tweeting, sleeping in- watching TV and deciding if he felt like doing anything that day. He certainly has energy to go to a rally or whatever because it's narcissistic supply and that fuels him.

Having to get up early and sit in a stingy room with no tangible benefit is almost certainly an unprecedented marathon-level taxation on his psychological vitality. Plus he is becoming legit geriatric.

I am kinda surprised a pundit opted to make the gambit that he's too old to be made to sit in a chair and stay awake for half a day and miss the very obvious opening from critics that he also wants Trump to be president again.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

withak posted:

*Trump dives his golf cart up to your Applebees table, knocking over half the glasses* "Okay, who had the southwest eggrolls?"

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

im hearing rumours that trump is penning a short memoir based on his struggle and describing his ideology from behind bars

Mein Kampf mit Gummiunterwäsche

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

Call Your Grandma posted:

the difference between chickpeas and garbanzo beans is that former president donald j trump loves to drench himself in hooker piss to maintain a youthful glow.

I agree but cilantro coriander

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Wingnut Ninja posted:

*Trump dives his golf cart up to your Applebees table, knocking over half the glasses* "Okay, who had the southwest eggrolls?"

lmao why is this the funniest thing

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Donald trump could handle a double shift at any burger joint!

https://youtu.be/D6llaZefJDc?si=Gma35cSf9c7qNNRJ

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

JonathonSpectre posted:

Depends on which camp. Auschwitz was actually a labor camp, the death camp attached was Auschwitz-Birkenau.

Do you have a skill? Do you look kinda young and strong? Auschwitz.
Any of the above not true? Birkenau. Right away.
she wrote a book on the subject so we don't have to speculate.

her family were ethnic germans living in yugoslavia. her father was conscripted(?) to serve in the nazi army during occupation but sent word to flee because the russians were advancing. her remaining family failed to escape the russian counter-invasion and suffered the fate of many german ethnics of nazi-occupied europe, which was relocation to a communist labour camp to die. they weren't strictly death camps in the way nazi ones were, but the expectation was at least that people would stay there until they died; and many of them did.

this is probably why the right is clunkily referring to it as a "ww2-era death camp" or "yugoslav death camp" - it avoids bringing up the fact that soviet russia was running death camps even as the allies liberated the nazi ones. in some cases like terezin, the liberated nazi concentration camp literally never stopped being a concentration camp - as the jews left the germans and anti-communists arrived.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Froghammer posted:

If we're making predictions, I don't think he'll be remanded for breaching the gag order tomorrow, much as I would like to see it. I do think he'll eat a fine and get yelled at.

I am leaning toward "judge fines him this time with a warning that next time is jail" but he is going after the jury now and judges tend to take that poo poo very seriously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Scags McDouglas posted:

Having to get up early and sit in a stingy room with no tangible benefit is almost certainly an unprecedented marathon-level taxation on his psychological vitality. Plus he is becoming legit geriatric.

I'm pretty sure that's why he keeps nodding off. He doesn't know what else to do, he doesn't want to be there so he just closes his eyes and the next thing you know, he's asleep.

When I sat on a jury, the Judge was actually doing the same thing except he wasn't sleeping. He'd close his eyes and recline a bit, with his hands interlaced and on his sternum/belly and listen to what was being said. It was kind of weird but you could tell this was just how he listened to things because he would rule on objections and ask questions, etc. immediately, all the time, coming up out of this position. Then get comfortable again, :lol: