Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Sunk Dunk posted:

semi-related I made a list of every movie that has gotten a pinball machine on letterboxd if you wanna see how many dumb movies got machines made for them: https://letterboxd.com/sunk_dunk/list/movies-that-have-their-own-licensed-pinball/

I smell a YouTube channel that the Rock can't destroy in your future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

heaven help me but i have to do it

space cop

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Star Wars

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Gutcruncher posted:

I just want one movie where the hero learns to be more racist. Just one movie where I can finally root for the hero!

Reminds me of the BotW of Enemy Territory where they argue the protag learns to be racist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvyPYQ4BtZQ

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I remember the Indiana Jones pinball being really good.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Addams family was super good too iirc

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

i heard about this long ago and i dont know who this guy is that created this but he sounds very canadian. no idea if he is a nazi and/or a pervert or whatever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfJf7MVGTak

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

talking about Westerns the 1966 Django is very good.

and is free on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMYmp33QlA0

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I watched like 15 shitass hercules films and Id like them all stricken from the record

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
I probed That Dick just as he was trying to post here

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

That dick is a stinky poopoo doo doo, and if they had any guts theyd call me out right now

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Sunk Dunk posted:

semi-related I made a list of every movie that has gotten a pinball machine on letterboxd if you wanna see how many dumb movies got machines made for them: https://letterboxd.com/sunk_dunk/list/movies-that-have-their-own-licensed-pinball/

lol nice

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I enjoyed Hateful 8 and Hell or High Water but I think my favorite western-ish movie in recent-ish years was Bone Tomahawk

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I love Fargo a lot but whoever was in charge of casting season 4 was hopped up on goofballs or something. Chris Rock would be the least intimidating crime boss in history if it weren’t for Jason Schwartzman. There was some monologue where Chris Rock is yelling at his wife and trying to be Tony Soprano and it comes off like a parody

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Maverick the movie is great fun and Maverick the TV show is also fun. James Garner had unmatched charisma.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Frank Frank posted:

I love Fargo a lot but whoever was in charge of casting season 4 was hopped up on goofballs or something. Chris Rock would be the least intimidating crime boss in history if it weren’t for Jason Schwartzman. There was some monologue where Chris Rock is yelling at his wife and trying to be Tony Soprano and it comes off like a parody

I couldn’t make it past episode 3 or so of that season, yeesh. Season 5 was great though.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

priznat posted:

I couldn’t make it past episode 3 or so of that season, yeesh. Season 5 was great though.

I am powering through it. There are some bright spots. The crazy serial killer lady and the young daughter are great. The mob stuff is garbage though

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Appaloosa is a supremely good modern western that feels very grounded.

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

Everyone knows the best Western is Last Man Standing starring Bruce Willis.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The Good Queen Clitoris posted:

Everyone knows the best Western is Last Man Standing starring Bruce Willis.

That's just Yojimbo you maroon!

Wrageowrapper
Apr 30, 2009

DRINK! ARSE! FECKIN CHRISTMAS!

Barudak posted:

I watched like 15 shitass hercules films and Id like them all stricken from the record

But did you watch this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS-YFfNrK28

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Not yet, holy poo poo thanks for this recommendation.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Barudak posted:

quote:

Here’s a story I heard about Steve Reeves: while filming a Hercules movie in the late 1950s, he left the set in costume and went into a small Italian town nearby to buy some milk and bananas. The moment he stepped into the grocery, the old beshawled Italian lady behind the counter started pointing and screaming “Oh my God, it’s the son of Zeus! He is here, you can tell by his arms! Oh my God, it’s the son of Zeus!” A crowd started to form and they wouldn’t let Steve leave until he flexed for them.

:hmmyes:

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

it's way too easy to trick italians into thinking you're a god

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

it's way too easy to trick italians into thinking you're a god

Brb gonna try something out

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
If an Italian asks if you're a god, you say YES

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
i vaguely remember a vhs trailer for a i think comedy western that had guys behind cover and had someone say something about hating the look on the other cowboys face because that meant they had a stupid plan

never could find out what western it was

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Frank Frank posted:

Chris Rock has been a distractingly bad actor in most things I've seen him in. It's weird because there are way better options that must be cheaper, feels like deciding to cast Seinfeld or something.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Remember when Dennis Leary would just show up in a movie and do a couple minutes of his act? Better times.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Filming a movie causes Italians to toss Catholicism and go back to the pantheon of (jacked, swole) Roman gods.

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

Keeping her memory alive!
shogun finale was pretty limp

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I wonder if the old Italian lady was just a little horny and cleverly used her old person pass to talk a little crazy and prolong things.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I’m going crazy. There was a recording of (someone impersonating) William Friedkin talking about an exorcist remake where the possessed girl likes to smoke week. Does anyone know what I’m talking about or where it is located?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
started watching farscape and im kind of amazed by how much i love the muppets & high effort makeup aliens

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

AARD VARKMAN posted:

started watching farscape and im kind of amazed by how much i love the muppets & high effort makeup aliens

Owns bones

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
lol dude just does whatever he wants
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1782480704946782684

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I’m 100% back to liking Tom Cruise again

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

AARD VARKMAN posted:

It's fantastic, Rygel is a literal rubber puppet yet I love the guy.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Jar Jar was just lines of code but he was loved by everyone makes u think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Well he was a funnier character than I think we’ve ever had before