Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

At least she said "on a horse" and not "with a horse."

Edit: Oh goddamn you loving page snipe. Have some content:

My (35M) fiancé (32F) doesn’t want a mother-son dance at our wedding causing drama. How to diffuse?

quote:

My finance and my mother used to get along great. When we got engaged my mom was overly excited and tried to help plan the wedding more than she should. My finance is anti confrontational and instead of telling her to stop, just blocked her and got mad and complained to me about it.

I agree, my mom tried to get too involved. But she has apologized and my finance absolutely hates her now and won’t let it go. Any time the subject of my mom comes up, there is a fight between us.

Fast forward to the dance. She is doing a father daughter dance, I assumed we’d be doing a mother son dance but my fiancé refuses to add it to the schedule and gets mad at me every time it comes up. She uses the excuse “well my dad is paying for the wedding so I get what I want”

Cool but my parents are paying for the rehearsal dinner. Granted it’s not the same cost but to use that as an excuse to not spend 3 minutes of the day for a dance?

Bottom line is I feel it’s straight up insulting to me and my family and she is unwilling to compromise.

How can I diffuse this situation and make both parties happy?

Troublemaker fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Apr 23, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Have a double dose of parents living with their children.

AITA for kicking my broke parents out of the house?

quote:

I’m 20 years old and live in a 2 room apartment, one of those rooms is my room, and the other one is the kitchen/main room. Since my parents lost their jobs last year, I offered for them to stay in my apartment until they found another job. My parents sleep on the floor of the kitchen/main room. When my parents and I finish up with dinner, we socialize for a couple hours and then head off to bed. My parents usually go to sleep at around 10:30 to 10:45 while I usually stay up until 12:15. My dad keeps complaining about how my tv is too loud, even though it’s at 15 volume. I thought this was rather odd, but I complied with him and turned it down to about 5 volume. He still kept complaining and I kept telling him back that it wasn’t that loud, hell I went over to where they slept, laid down, and couldn’t even hear a thing, just the slightest of mumbling. His bright idea was to unplug my router and not give it back, even in the morning, or after work. I told him “it’s my house, and I bought that router and the wifi here, you have no right of taking it from me!” He responded back with “I am your father, I control this house!” which is obviously not true because I own the drat place. My mom didn’t help me out, hell she made it worse, she was defending my father and pushing me whenever I tried to take it from him. This had been going on for about 3 days already, and I decided to kick them both out. I told them to pack their stuff and go, but both of them said that they had full authority over me, that I can’t kick them out because I’m still their child. I called the cops on them and got them trespassed from my apartment complex. Over the past couple days they’ve been texting me of how selfish I am and how over sensitive I am about everything. Is this true? AITA?

"I control this house"

AITA for asking my roommate’s mom when she plans to end her stay with us after her apartment was flooded?

quote:

My (21 F) roommate’s (22 F) mother has been staying with us after there was a small flood in her apartment. Nothing was seriously damaged, especially since she had been home at the time and managed to mop up most of the water with towels and blankets. However when it happened my roommate told me her mom needs to stay with us a couple of nights while it was sorted. I was fine with a couple of nights, as it was a bad thing that happened to her and she is my roommate’s family and needed somewhere to stay.

However when her mom showed up, her mom told me that her landlord had actually offered for her to stay at a hotel under his cost, as the flooding was due to plumbing issues within the house. I was a little confused as to why she chose to stay in our little two bedroom apartment instead of a hotel, but I figured she may just want to be near her daughter with all the stress.

It has not been a couple of nights. She is coming up to her eighth night of being here. She has also been an incredibly rude house guest (I’ve made previous posts about this woman’s behaviour actually) she has been loud late at night,(which is frustrating for me who needs to get up early in the morning to work 10-12 hour shifts) causing a lot of dishes and not cleaning them, taking long hot showers multiple times a day, leaving the heater on full blast, lounging around watching tv at times I would like to, constantly in the kitchen or bathroom when I need to be. Even when I need to get ready for work in the morning, almost every morning she is in the bathroom for 20 minutes during times I need to be. Every time I ask her to get out she says “I’ll just be a few more minutes!” And stays in there for a while longer. When my roommate and I go to work, she sits around in our apartment as she’s unemployed so she doesn’t need to go to work.

I have spoken to her about things several times. Asked her to not be in the bathroom when I need to be, asked her to do her dishes, asked her to turn the heater off when it isn’t necessary. We live in a very expensive city, so since my rent is already expensive I don’t exactly want a super high power bill either. She has also offered no kind of gesture of appreciation to me.

AITA for asking when she plans on leaving?

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

EDIT: I have not idea what's happening here. Sorry for the double post!

Troublemaker fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Apr 23, 2024

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Ok let me clarify: it does say ON a horse, not TO a horse. My first thought wasn't "hey she's getting dicked down by Mr. Ed" it was more "huh...did she have an unexpected orgasm while riding?"

Ridicule it all you want but it was nice to see a story about horses that didn't involve full-blown furry insanity or dying to ants

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Ok let me clarify: it does say ON a horse, not TO a horse. My first thought wasn't "hey she's getting dicked down by Mr. Ed" it was more "huh...did she have an unexpected orgasm while riding?"

Ridicule it all you want but it was nice to see a story about horses that didn't involve full-blown furry insanity or dying to ants

That's also what I assumed, but the fruit, it is low hanging

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Troublemaker posted:

My (35M) fiancé (32F) doesn’t want a mother-son dance at our wedding causing drama. How to diffuse?

Okay so either we're missing a lot of info here about how mom is treating the DIL, or DIL is just crazy.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Scathach posted:

Okay so either we're missing a lot of info here about how mom is treating the DIL, or DIL is just crazy.

Maybe she is just high. Finance.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

AITA for sabotaging my husband's relationships?

quote:

In my country, arranged marriages are very common and this was how I (24F) got married with "Jason" (24M) (note that I said ARRANGED marriages, not FORCED marriages. An arranged marriage is basically when your family plays matchmaker with you and someone else, but it isn't forced). It's important to say I never wanted to get married and am for sure placed somewhere in the ace spectrum, because sex was never something important to me. But I knew Jason since we were kids and he was always nice to me, so I accepted to spend some time with him and see where it would go.

Turns out Jason and I had a lot in common. Our country is pretty religious, but neither of us saw that much importance in religion and just pretended to our families to not cause problems. We are both more on the introvert side and don't like crowds or big family reunions. When I told him about my feelings about sex and sexuality, he was sweet and understanding. We ended up becoming good friends and it was obvious the idea of marrying each other seemed appealing for us.

So we got married two years ago. We made a deal to be basically good friends who are married, to not have sex and sleep in different rooms. He was allowed to sleep with whoever he wanted since he was not getting this from me. Everything was perfectly fine.

Our families, however, really started to pressure us to have children this last year. Since this was so important to them, we agreed to, well, try. But first I asked him to make an STI exam since he had his fair share of casual sex and, even though he reassured me he always used protection, I wouldn't feel safe otherwise. After the exam showed he was clean, we had our first time together and it was great. Way better than I could ever imagine. After that, he noticed I liked it and asked if sex was in the equation of our relationship now. I said yes.

This was a few months ago and since then we've been having sex pretty regularly, but we also started to spend more time together outside of that, and I think my feelings of friendship for Jason are starting to change. Not only that, but I started to feel jealous of his casual relationships, especially his affair with this "Anna" girl (20sF) who he's been seeing regularly for the past months. I'm scared he starts to fall in love with her, because he always speaks highly of her and he seems to like her.

So I kinda started to sabotage his dates with her and other girls, in a way? I pretend to have headaches, to feel sick or sad or any other excuse so he has to stay with me instead of go see them. I know it's childish and maybe I should just talk to him about it, but I'm so scared he doesn't feel the same and things get weird between us. It's not like we can escape each other.

AITA?

:thunk:

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

BOOTY-ADE posted:

"huh...did she have an unexpected orgasm while riding?"

Isn't this kind of fairly common?

mystes
May 31, 2006

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

AITA for sabotaging my husband's relationships?

:thunk:
She needs to actually tell him that she wants him to be monogamous now and they need to divorce before they have kids if he doesn't want to be monogamous.

He may have incentive to lie but at least at that point he will be in normal cheating territory.

As it stands she gave him permission to sleep with other people because she assumed they weren't going to be romantically involved with each other.

Honestly I think they should just divorce but maybe that's hard because of their parents

mystes fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Apr 23, 2024

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

mystes posted:

She needs to actually tell him that she wants him to be monogamous now and they need to divorce before they have kids if he doesn't want to be monogamous.

asexual arranged marriages are a whole angle of poly drama I hadn't imagined

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

wheatpuppy posted:

Maybe she is just high. Finance.

Sorry I misread ages I guess?

I wonder what country the poly people are in? Sounds like it would be a fiasco if their families found out.

Scathach fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Apr 23, 2024

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Scathach posted:

Sorry I misread ages I guess?

I wonder what country the poly people are in? Sounds like it would be a fiasco if their families found out.

I was just making an awkward terrible joke about the constant misspelling of "fianceé."

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

Scathach posted:

Sounds like DIL is just crazy, and OP is putting up with it because he wants kids and thinks he's running out of time. And supposedly he thinks this controlling, grudge-holding, unwilling to compromise, treats-his-family-like-dirt finance will be a great mother to them.

OOP Posted:

quote:

I’m old. I feel like if this ends that’s it for me and having kids ever. Maybe that’s what’s keeping me in

Edit before the responses flood in on this one: I’m completely aware that is a bad reason to stay in a relationship. Just kinda thinking out loud and processing my feelings.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

wheatpuppy posted:

I was just making an awkward terrible joke about the constant misspelling of "fianceé."

Honestly I read yours like three times to make sure I read "finance" right lol.

E man that's sad if that's the case with this dude. I can not imagine having a ticking clock over my head and basically forcing myself to choose someone spiteful. I mean he's only 35, that's not really old. We have 80yo celebrities having kids out there.

Scathach fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Apr 23, 2024

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Mordiceius posted:

Yeah, when I read that the kid wouldn't sit still, was a picky eater, had a lot of oddly specific knowledge, I immediately leapt to "he's undiagnosed neurodivergent"

And it comes off as the very familiar experience nearly all neurodivergent people have of random people singling them out for common neurodivergent traits and taking wildly disproportionate offense at them, seeing them as targeted personal slights.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Instead of persecuting neurodivergent personalities, society should persecute people with the personality trait that makes them go to events and look for a child to annoy.

I remember a lot of these people. They see a child reading a book and think they should walk up to the child and ask them what they're reading. If it's currently summer, they'll ask you if you're looking forward to going back to school. They have opinions about how much light you have to read by and if it's enough. I think these people thought that they were parenting me in some way; I remember them the way you remember somebody else's dog that won't stop coming up to you with a slobbery rubber ball.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
At least the dog just wants you to throw the ball and isn't judging you for not participating in the activities with the rest of the humans.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Ugh I had totally forgotten about that. When I was little adults would come up, see how quick I was going through some book, then quiz me on every aspect of it because I was "reading it too fast" or reading stuff they didn't think I should read. Being a neurodivergent kid sucked. I just wanted to hide in my books and learn about dinosaurs without the stress of adults being loving weird.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Boy, am I glad I realized that I was completely incapable of raising a child by the age of 30, so I don't have any of this ticking clock things.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Yeah none here, never wanted kids. I got lucky, husband is sterile. Honestly that was a dream come true for both of us.

Not a kid hater, happy aunt to a bunch of lil kids, just don't want em myself.

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

Mordiceius posted:

Still slightly lovely of him but... they had been broken up for a month.

I don't know, if someone broke the heart of a person I describe as my best friend, I'd probably resist the urge to gently caress them.

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

Pantaloon Pontiff posted:

And he knew more about child development than actual parents, like some kind of sick adult-embarasser.

The guests were just unprepared to have to play the home wedding version of Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Bolding mine.

AITA for constantly telling my colleague to get her carbon monoxide detector inspected?

quote:

My colleague (26F) has been super annoying at the office lately. She has been telling everyone that her house is haunted and all the weird stuff that keeps happening in it. It’s a small office as there are only 6 of us there typically. Everyone feeds her delusions but I (24M), the only man there except my boss who’s rarely there, always shut her down when she speaks of her paranormal stories to me or when she’s being super loud and annoying about them.

Her first story was about seeing a shadowy figure in the corner of her bedroom. Her second story was about her toothbrush sometimes being in the kitchen when she knows she put it in the bathroom. Her third story was about was about her blanket being on the couch after coming home from work when she knew she used it to sleep in her bedroom the night before.

I keep telling her every time that these are all plausible experiences when you have a carbon monoxide leak and that she should get her carbon monoxide detectors inspected. I told her to look it up. She never does and she keeps telling me that she is certain that her house is haunted. No one in the office agrees with me and they keep telling me to stop belittling her experiences. Will send her the link to this thread in a few hours when it’s full of NTAs. Thanks.

After the very expected responses

OP posted:

Way to ruin my thread with a YTA

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

r/relationships: Way to ruin my thread with a YTA
:hmmyes:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
In the spirit of the guy who tried to do Don Draper cosplay in his 21st century office, we have this story (from 2021):

AITA for ordering Tequila shots for my work colleagues at Friday lunchtime?

quote:

I (26M) work in a busy lab (medical diagnostics), and every Friday we go as team (6-7 people) to a local sports bar to have a 'team-building' lunch on the boss's company card. Yesterday our boss was swamped with deadlines, but said the rest of us could 'go anyway', as long as we paid for any alcoholic drinks ourselves.

Usually, the boss + 1-2 other people will order a small beer with their lunch, so I have consumed alcohol on the clock before in this job. I was even thinking that without the boss there that I might order a big beer this time.

When we arrived though, me and my work-bro (25M) were drawn to a new offer the bar had on tequila shots (5 for $10). In our defence, we had just had a very stressful morning - so we proposed to the team that we buy a single round of shots to commemorate it. A couple of our colleagues were a little reluctant, but after a little convincing we were soon toasting to a morning of hard work.

That's when my work-bro proposed we order a second round of shots. I have a pretty high tolerance to alcohol, so it was no problem with me. I knew for a fact we have a couple of 'lightweight' colleagues - for example, a diminutive Asian lady who rarely drinks (23F) - but we still managed to convince the rest of the table to drink with us a second time.

After that, the two females with us tapped out, but the three remaining guys (myself included) decided to split 10 further tequila shots. In our defence - as far as 'team-building' goes - the outing was a roaring success. I think I learned more about my colleagues in those 1.5 hours than I have in the last 2 years.

Unfortunately, when we got back to the office, our boss could smell the tequila on my breath. My work-bro, very stupidly, decided to be honest, and told him that some of us had had 5+ shots of alcohol at lunch. My boss's face turned bright loving red and he told us all to 'go home' immediately, and that it 'wasn't safe' for us to be working in a lab while inebriated. I calmly explained to him that I infact still felt 'very sober', (I have very high tolerance remember,) but he wasn't having it.

I'm genuinely worried about what's going to happen on Monday morning. The two female colleagues called me and my work-bro assholes for 'taking it too far and getting everyone into trouble'. I see their point of view - but on the other hand, we did have a really good time while at the bar.

Help us out Reddit - who is the rear end in a top hat here?

quote:

Well, I'm sure a lot of you will be happy to know that me and my (out of) work bro got fired this morning. HR asked us 'why exactly' we thought we could drink 6 tequila shots and then go back to the lab. All we could think of was that in college we used to 'work hard and play hard', and it didn't affect our grades. They didn't like that excuse.

Anyway, we were offered a plea bargin. HR accepted our resignations and promised a 'passing' (but not glowing) reference for future employers, on the condition we don't mention what happened to anyone ever again.

I want to thank all those that commented on the original thread. I now accept that me and my work bro made a grevious error of judgement. We're not alcoholics (as some people suggested), but we're not in college anymore either. Personally, I will be laying off the hard liqour for a while to focus on rebuilding my career in medical diagnostics. And if in the future someone offers me a shot while I'm on the clock, I will say 'no thank you'.
A lab having its techs doing paying diagnostic work after taking 5-6 lunchtime shots of tequila would probably lose all their clients, if not their operating license, if that sort of thing became known.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
This one made its way to r/AmITheEx in record time

AITAH For Deleting My Girlfriend's Sims Save Files?

quote:

Let's just start by saying that I (24M) love my girlfriend, "Aaliyah", (20F) very much. She's a super hard working girl, and she spends a lot of her time on classes trying to get the highest grades possible for applying to nursing school in the near future. When she's not doing that, she's doing chores or cutting down on her ever growing to-do list. And when she's not doing THAT she's spending 2 hours a day playing the Sims. This is where the problem comes in.

After all the stuff she does, Aaliyah doesn't have as much time to spend with me as she could. She's a perfectionist too, so when she's doing the more serious stuff like school, she puts in more effort than necessary, which is time consuming. It really got to me that even knowing this, she'll spend so much time on the Sims. It's something frivolous she's doing when we already only get so little time together. She's also an adult, so essentially playing digital dolls almost every day is kind of something she ought to grow out of by now. I decided to step in and have her cut back on this. I obviously didn't delete the whole game, but I figured deleting the little save files she was working on would deter her from spending so much time on it.

That decision backfired tremendously. When she logged on to her game she thought there was some glitch going on and kept restarting it until I explained to her that I removed the saves. She absolutely flipped out on me, saying she'd been playing in that save file since like 2017 and I had ruined years of game progress. (Sims isn't even a goaled game???) I told her she was overreacting, because she still HAS the game and she could just remake her same little characters if it mattered so much, but it doesn't need to and maybe now she can focus on more adult interests, like loved ones.

Basically she left immediately, saying she was so stupid to leave her gaming laptop at my place, and now she won't answer my calls. I know that this is a total overreaction, but I started to feel a little bad once I realized it may not be as easy to redo her characters as I initially thought. So, AITA for deleting my girlfriend's Sims saves?
Yeah, she's totally overreacting OP, she'll realize how wrong she is once she cools down and come back to you. Just sit tight and wait.

FMguru fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Apr 23, 2024

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

FMguru posted:

Yeah, she's totally overreacting OP, she'll realize how wrong she is once she cools down and come to you. Just sit tight and wait.

Acid vatput him in a pool and delete the ladder

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

FMguru posted:

A lab having its techs doing paying diagnostic work after taking 5-6 lunchtime shots of tequila would probably lose all their clients, if not their operating license, if that sort of thing became known.

I support various flavors of FDA-regulated GxP environments and the word I'd use for what we'd do to this guy is "turbomurdered". And when I say "turbomurdered" I'm thinking "soup-like homogenate" and "we have a lot of vats" and "we dispose of a lot of biowaste every week" and "nothing of value was lost".

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

FMguru posted:

Yeah, she's totally overreacting OP, she'll realize how wrong she is once she cools down and come back to you. Just sit tight and wait.

Make versioned backups! This game regularly eats its own save files!

But yeah, also feed this guy to a cowplant.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

big black turnout posted:

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Isn't this kind of fairly common?

Yeah wasn’t this why women were supposed to ride side saddle? I think it’s a common trope in old-timey literature for there to be a thing with women and horses and virginity.

Also uh you get bounced around a lot at higher speeds (which you’re supposed to brace by posting, which is kinda bobbing up and down with the horse with your hips). I did horseback riding for a couple months when I was 12 (and quit the day we tried cantering, too scary lol). I remember people telling me that horseback riding can break your hymen. 🙃

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

lock him in a broom closet without a toilet

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Crocobile posted:

Yeah wasn’t this why women were supposed to ride side saddle? I think it’s a common trope in old-timey literature for there to be a thing with women and horses and virginity.

Also uh you get bounced around a lot at higher speeds (which you’re supposed to brace by posting, which is kinda bobbing up and down with the horse with your hips). I did horseback riding for a couple months when I was 12 (and quit the day we tried cantering, too scary lol). I remember people telling me that horseback riding can break your hymen. 🙃

i remember galloping on a horse when i was a kid & a) I had no idea how to ride a horse other than hold on and b) my legs didn't reach the stirrups anyways and my rear end hurt for like 2 days afterwards. If a girl is having her first orgasm to that, fuckin more power to her

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
It's not even a goaled game??!!

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FMguru posted:

This guy is basically responding to every single person who responds to him. Good to know he is doing useful things with his life, unlike his GIRL and her GAME

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Give the man a Murphy bed

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Midnight Voyager posted:

This guy is basically responding to every single person who responds to him. Good to know he is doing useful things with his life, unlike his GIRL and her GAME

He's actually accepted that he hosed up really badly. She's ghosting him and it looks like he'll come to term with that in time.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

FMguru posted:

In the spirit of the guy who tried to do Don Draper cosplay in his 21st century office, we have this story (from 2021):

AITA for ordering Tequila shots for my work colleagues at Friday lunchtime?

I remember this one but I don’t remember it being a loving diagnostic lab. Jesus Christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

FMguru posted:

quote:

I decided to step in.
Wow. What an rear end in a top hat. Destroys her poo poo so she'll pay more attention to him while pretending he's doing her a favor. People can have unhealthy relationships with games, ie poop socking. But the key is to talk to them about it.