Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
It is legitimately boring and tedious how good the Nuggets are down the stretch lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

illcendiary posted:

It is legitimately boring and tedious how good the Nuggets are down the stretch lol

Nothing boring about that finish IMO

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Vox Nihili posted:

Seriously it kicked rear end

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i dont think i agree

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

de curry GOAT posted:

Ham saved a couple of timeouts at least

thats good

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

de curry GOAT posted:

Ham saved a couple of timeouts at least

you know what they say, you can take it with you

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

Yeah the game was great but I find Jokic’s brand of dominance uncompelling in a way that I never felt about LeBron, Curry, etc. Only 3-4 more years of this before Wemby is consistently making GBS threads on him though, I’ll survive

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
i endured the long dark road from the karl to the shaw years and now to malone it's such a huge difference jn how much better the decision making is with jokic, murray and malone. i used to have to worry about jr smith off balance 32 footers late in the 4th quarter with 20 seconds on the clock or melo chucking a contested jumper while karl melted down on the sidelines

which is to say: let's loving go nuggets :haibrower:

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

illcendiary posted:

Yeah the game was great but I find Jokic’s brand of dominance uncompelling in a way that I never felt about LeBron, Curry, etc. Only 3-4 more years of this before Wemby is consistently making GBS threads on him though, I’ll survive

this post only makes sense as a decade long bitterness about people calling the spurs boring

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

illcendiary posted:

keep your kinks to yourself imho

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

illcendiary posted:

I've learned to appreciate the whole "lumber around and then be a ballerina" routine, it's vaguely Shaq-like while being simultaneously less dramatic but more graceful.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

illcendiary posted:

It will take another couple rings for the Nuggets to hit the point the Warriors are at as far as me not wanting them to win rings goes, joker is fun to watch.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Jokic owns, long live the Jokic era.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Ghost Dog posted:

i mean he played the best defense of anyone in the playoffs this year tonight, probably over multiple years tbh

Yeah it was really good and the game pretty much came apart when he got his fourth foul. Hell it was good D on the last shot, Murray just made a tough one.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Drafted during a taco bell commercial

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Probably Magic posted:

I've learned to appreciate the whole "lumber around and then be a ballerina" routine, it's vaguely Shaq-like while being simultaneously less dramatic but more graceful.

I mean he’s clearly and obviously the best player in the league and has been for the past four years or so. I’m just saying I don’t find it particularly interesting to see a guy make the right decision over and over and over. He’s just so clearly better that it’s like :shrug: haven’t felt that way about anyone that was best in the league before

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the referees wont ever let the small market family owned lakers win in the playoffs again. big denver and their diva superstar made the call to adam silver and the dream is over

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
that missed three is gonna haunt LeBron for the rest of his life isn't it

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

illcendiary posted:

I mean he’s clearly and obviously the best player in the league and has been for the past four years or so. I’m just saying I don’t find it particularly interesting to see a guy make the right decision over and over and over. He’s just so clearly better that it’s like :shrug: haven’t felt that way about anyone that was best in the league before

what in the hell

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
It's too early in the playoffs for the playoff posters to be like this.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

verbal enema posted:

I always forget that lol

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

verbal enema posted:

*organ stab*

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

illcendiary posted:

Have you not noticed that he's big and doofy looking or

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

big boi posted:

That’s the ideal male body, whether I like it or not

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

big boi posted:

don't forget about how he doesn't really seem to give a poo poo about basketball and just wants to race horses

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

illcendiary posted:

I think this mostly stems from how bored Jokic appears to be. He couldn’t wait to be done with the trophy celebration last year so he could go home and ride horse
e: to be clear I personally love this

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Like even when he flopped for free throws the ball pinballed around and led to a game tying three, the guy’s out of control

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

someone at work told me Jokic doesn't even touch a basketball during the off season. Like no practice games or anything.
I don't think that's true but man it would be really funny if it was.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
They're thinking of Andre Miller

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

someone at work told me jokic goes into a fugue state on the court and his off court personality doesnt even know hes ever played basketball

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

fart simpson posted:

someone at work told me jokic goes into a fugue state on the court and his off court personality doesnt even know hes ever played basketball

I believe this 100%

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
I saw a comment on a Jokic highlight video saying that he looks like he’s ready to pass out from exhaustion three minutes into the game and then just stays like that for the whole thing.

He’s easily my favorite player in the league right now, just like Duncan back then.

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Orange Crush Rush posted:

someone at work told me Jokic doesn't even touch a basketball during the off season. Like no practice games or anything.
I don't think that's true but man it would be really funny if it was.

does Lebron James lift weights?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

xbilkis posted:

You're gonna wanna have more than 0 points in the last 19 minutes if you're Anthony Davis

He's not Giannis, or Jokic, he is dependent to some extent on offense being run for him. Like coming out and trying to get Reaves or Rui going makes some degree of sense but they never at any point went back to what was working.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Just caught up.. that was a great first half lmao. nice competitive game though, least it wasn’t a blowout.

But there’s no way Jokic isn’t mvp this season. It would be an utter disgrace if he isn’t.

Also requesting a couple of gifs.. that Lebron block on murray and that KCP dunk on Prince.

Only 2 more games until the pain is over.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

toggle posted:

Just caught up.. that was a great first half lmao. nice competitive game though, least it wasn’t a blowout.

But there’s no way Jokic isn’t mvp this season. It would be an utter disgrace if he isn’t.

Also requesting a couple of gifs.. that Lebron block on murray and that KCP dunk on Prince.

post season doesnt matter for mvp, idiot. moron.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

fart simpson posted:

post season doesnt matter for mvp, idiot. moron.

That’s nice.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

toggle posted:

Lakers in 6.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Rick posted:

Lakers in 6.

yep. just makes the series a little longer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

illcendiary posted:

As someone who hated the Duncan-era Spurs, I get it.