Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

:whitewater:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Down with the Republic of srpska

Give it to em bill :blastu:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Lib and let die posted:

"you had a pretty big skill gap with the report building exercise, but i created a position for you at basically the same salary if you want it"

:woop: w00000000t :woop:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
rough draft of a big paper turned in. professor keeps trimming out all my epic philosopher namedrops and quotes. turning it into a Social Science paper. don't like it. ah well.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Smythe posted:

rough draft of a big paper turned in. professor keeps trimming out all my epic philosopher namedrops and quotes. turning it into a Social Science paper. don't like it. ah well.

put them back in the final draft

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

bedpan posted:

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

bedpan posted:

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Smythe posted:

smythe you're a big enough nerd that your grad school professor thinks your a nerd lol

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
i beoke a tooth >:[

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
Peacefully

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

FirstnameLastname posted:

ah it sucks

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

FirstnameLastname posted:

the WORST. nightmare scenario

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

ram dass in hell posted:

smythe you're a big enough nerd that your grad school professor thinks your a nerd lol

im ju8st really bad at writing social science papers. unsure why this discipline exists really

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Smythe posted:

im ju8st really bad at writing social science papers. unsure why this discipline exists really

you chose to do this…

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

just giving all my money to a gambling addict in the vain hope he might give some money to someone needy and getting mad as hell when people point out there are better ways

those people destroyed cspam

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Zodium posted:

drat .. grant miner might be the perfect academic name.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Smythe posted:

it’s economics but for even lazier less motivated faildaughters n sons who don’t want to sit on a Board of Directors one day. there’s a reason why they had to add the word science to there, and it’s no accident or pure mishap

if it were serious, it would be about gibsonian optical arrays and perception

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

The Bear season 3 is really going places

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Went to bed earlier than usual, fire alarm (deafening, epic) goes off an hour later... fire safety is woke.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
hooking up a firealarm to the computer to go off when the report backlog is too big

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

buy a new computer

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

Homeless Friend posted:

hooking up a firealarm to the computer to go off when the report backlog is too big

imagine doing this but for d&d lol

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

it’s what koos deserves

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
THE ukraine

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

tristeham posted:

THE ukraine

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Lib and let die posted:

computer touchin's back on the menu, goons

and no lessons were learned

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
lol

quote:

As a Finnish reservist,

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

tristeham posted:

THE ukraine

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

What those people do is assert that NATO is a US Empire in the same way that Russia is entitled to an empire of its neighbours, therefore NATO expansion was always going to trigger this Russian response.

The way you know you can not take these people seriously is that they're a group who ostensibly have structured their political views around justice and fairness and are rigidly stuck to that... right up until the point until they have an opportunity to say 'US bad' in which case suddenly they become Turbo Kissingers.

Recent case in point: people will say that Ukraine needs to surrender and take whatever terms they can get from Russia but also that the Palestinians need to fight Israel to the last rock-throwing-child, and when the inconsistency is pointed out all they can do is look at Bucha and the mass torture/filtration camps and the kidnapping of children and say 'I don't see any genocide here'.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
mass torture/filtration camps

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

No that's completely circular logic. They had weapons for self-defence in case Hamas militants tried to murder them, that does not convert them into legitimate targets and it's a red herring to get you off the fact that Hamas murdered plenty of people who were completely unarmed.

e: it's also hoping you skip over the fact that when you pick at it, Hamas's definition of 'settlers' is literally all Israeli Jews. Everyone in the area concerned was well inside the 67 lines. #

e2: to be doubly clear, Hamas are trying to craft a narrative where civilians in settlements armed themselves and joined the fight between them and the IDF which would make them legitimate targets, but that's a reversal of the reality that the settlements were the target in the first place and it was IDF forces that arrived on the scene to intervene in battles between Hamas militants and the civilians they were trying to kill/kidnap.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Pro-Israel pro-Ukraine guy. Hell yeah

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Homeless Friend posted:

Ftw

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Homeless Friend posted:

I've never heard this bone before.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

If you shoot at civilians first they are allowed to shoot back in self-defense without being considered combatants

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

DaysBefore posted:

Pro-Israel pro-Ukraine guy. Hell yeah

Dogs of the US empire

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The US empire doesn't actually exist

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

The US empire doesn't actually exist

every country follows our demands willingly because they make the most sense, actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Mr Hootington has issued a correction as of 13:51 on Apr 23, 2024