Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Trent? Vs Sydal 2 1.26%
OC/Shibata vs STP 0 0%
Acclaimed vs BCG 1 0.63%
Pac vs Okada 3 1.89%
HoB vs Adam, Eddie and Mark 0 0%
Willow vs Julia 1 0.63%
Roddy vs Kyle 0 0%
Jericho vs Hook 6 3.77%
Storm vs Rosa 1 0.63%
Danielson vs Ospreay 139 87.42%
Bucks vs FTR 1 0.63%
Joe vs Swerve 5 3.14%
Total: 159 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I don't think either of those are inevitabilities. Ospreay/Okada for example would be loving immense in Wembley, and Mariah/Toni would have a ton of momentum behind it because of how the story has been building. If Hayter is ready to return, she can wrestle Mercedes or Willow, depending on who is TBS Champion. Swerve's opponent depends on a lot of things we just don't know right now - hell, it could be someone like Takeshita, or even a C2 rematch against Moxley. There's a lot of exciting stuff up in the air right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I feel like Hangman is a big X factor in a lot of future booking. Does he go after Swerve when he comes back, or does he go after the Elite for suspending him?

Hangman vs Okada or Hangman vs Perry would both kick rear end. We know Hangman vs Swerve kicks rear end.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1782761340140192056

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Yeah, I think it makes logical sense that the big UK guy wins the belt in the UK but at the same time, there’s no big rush. There are so many matches and stories you can tell with Ospreay as part of the Callis Family and United Empire that can be told without/before the World Title.

And I don’t think it’s a situation like with Swerve where you need to strike while the iron is hot because if Swerve hadn’t won at Dynasty it would have been disastrous for him. There’s still so much to do with Ospreay and the crowd is not going to cool off on him.

Mostly I just selfishly want a long Swerve reign before inevitably dropping it to Ospreay. And they can both be faces going into the match; nobody wants to boo either of them so there’s no need to shoehorn Ospreay into a heel toady for Callis.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Miss her.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Women's division is loving cooking right now, when Hayter's back it's going to be on a whole new level. Imagine her and Mariah May just beating the tar out of each other.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I don't think either of those are inevitabilities. Ospreay/Okada for example would be loving immense in Wembley, and Mariah/Toni would have a ton of momentum behind it because of how the story has been building. If Hayter is ready to return, she can wrestle Mercedes or Willow, depending on who is TBS Champion. Swerve's opponent depends on a lot of things we just don't know right now - hell, it could be someone like Takeshita, or even a C2 rematch against Moxley. There's a lot of exciting stuff up in the air right now.

You could even hold Adam Page back and do something like a Page/Swerve cage match or something in Wembley.

(I genuinely think Okada/Ospreay is a better than average bet)

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I was reading a review of the show and it really proves how deep the roster is.

Think about it. No Kenny, Mox, Hanger, Shida, Britt, the Lucha Bros, Christian, all these huge main event players that have anchored PPVs before and I won't say they weren't missed but they put on an all timer ppv without them with a bunch of folks who weren't in the same position a year ago in some cases. It's cool.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjBs4pKwzhU&t=63s

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

My Lovely Horse posted:

All In is in four months and even that wouldn't be an amazing run.

my dream sees swerve holding until all in, huge main with ospreay, sold as another dream match between mostly faces, and swerve just goes sicko mode on will, doing whatever he needs to retain. extends swerves reign by giving it a heel leg, ospreay is gonna get there eventually but I think you could have him lose the first go

I mostly just want to see swerve have a good reign filled with awesome poo poo

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

We've had such good little trios party matches lately. Would love Top Flight to feud with the Bang Bang Gang, and now STP is a trio too, and while Cope is definitely gonna be feuding with HoB and Malakai he would be a fun trios guy in the future if the matches he's been in have been any indicator. There are so many good pieces going right now, let's light it up

The trios division should be the insane lucha party match division. Someone teach the rear end Boys how to do flips. Shane Taylor can do big beefy boy stuff with Mortos or whatever they're calling Black Taurus these days.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
We're probably getting Okada/Ospreay at Wembley and I'm extremely good with that

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Elephant Ambush posted:

We're probably getting Okada/Ospreay at Wembley and I'm extremely good with that

Tony's a mark so it'll be Okada vs Suzuki in the rain again :v:

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Do Swerve/Osprey soon but Swerve does something absolutely deplorable to win & turn heel for the Wembley rematch imo

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I would do Ospreay/Swerve at DoN and just have Swerve win. Ospreay then deals with Don Callis and goes on a year long quest to win the title at All In 2025.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

Tony's a mark so it'll be Okada vs Suzuki in the rain again :v:

Honestly, August in the south of England in 2024? Be lucky if it's less than 100 degrees F.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

First thing I thought of. The second?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9_zEQ7e6Ik

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I forgot that this happened.

https://twitter.com/GetLoussss/status/1782375327626375305

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

Ospreay should have lost to Danielson to set up a best of three PPV series. It’s the one flaw of an otherwise perfect match

you keep saying people should have lost like osprey and swerve and I'm starting to think I don't agree with your wrestle opinions very much sir!

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
emf did u somehow miss the part where they did a huge dramatic injury angle at the end of the match? usually the kind of thing that would imply further matches, just as a viewer of professional wrestling programmes throughout the years

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

shiksa posted:

emf did u somehow miss the part where they did a huge dramatic injury angle at the end of the match? usually the kind of thing that would imply further matches, just as a viewer of professional wrestling programmes throughout the years

emf also wanted Swerve to lose and become a 100 percent babyface and fight his way back up. Which was funny because Swerve directly responded to this idea in the scrum about how later down the line usually means the iron isn't hot anymore.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I keep thinking about that journalist who asked swerve if he would start doing media appearances now that he's champ and swerve was like I have been for like 2 years. Then the journalist is like ok tony are you going to put it on tv. And I've been thinking about how a lot of wrestling publications online have taken a harder stance against AEW. Not only is aew doing the thing you asked them they aren't but it apparently isn't good enough? Why would I care about media appearances being on the show?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Shard posted:

emf also wanted Swerve to lose and become a 100 percent babyface and fight his way back up. Which was funny because Swerve directly responded to this idea in the scrum about how later down the line usually means the iron isn't hot anymore.

Swerve was great in that scrum. I also liked how the one reporter was questioning if Swerve was going to do more outreach to sports teams and stuff and Swerve was like "i've been doing that for 2 years now".

Shard posted:

I keep thinking about that journalist who asked swerve if he would start doing media appearances now that he's champ and swerve was like I have been for like 2 years. Then the journalist is like ok tony are you going to put it on tv. And I've been thinking about how a lot of wrestling publications online have taken a harder stance against AEW. Not only is aew doing the thing you asked them they aren't but it apparently isn't good enough? Why would I care about media appearances being on the show?

Yeah exact same thought here.

If you've had AEW in your area you know they do a ton of charity work and local appearances when they show up. I dunno if this guy wanted them to air that on Dynamite every week or what, it was really odd.

A Fancy Hat fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Apr 23, 2024

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

A Fancy Hat posted:

Swerve was great in that scrum. I also liked how the one reporter was questioning if Swerve was going to do more outreach to sports teams and stuff and Swerve was like "i've been doing that for 2 years now".

I think there is a perception online that aew doesn't do outreach and they don't even think to actually look it up. To them if it isn't featured on the show it didnt happen

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Shard posted:

Worked for the GOAT Babyface Cody Rhodes

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

swerve is 10x the wrestler that Cody rhodes is and its not even particularly close thats my stance

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Shard posted:

People whined for months that WWE didn't air footage of Bryan Danielson at the Giants World Series parade.

You don't need to show everything but I liked when WCW would show the fun crossover stuff even at poo poo I didn't care about like Nascar. Wrestlers being wrestlers in society is kind of fun.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Swerve needs to beat John Cenas Make-A-Wish record before I’ll say that AEW is pushing him properly

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

AEW should bring back the WCW MTV BeachBrawl for a modern era

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Eat My Fuc posted:

No it didn't. Cody lost... and just kept being booked as if he'd won, wrestling top guys in main event matches with Lesnar et al. That's not the same as 'lose and work your way back up the card'.

But even that aside, at some point, you can't keep chasing the 'perfect' peak to pull the trigger, because more often than not, you've already missed it, or you won't know it until you do pull it and the pop is bigger than expected. Sometimes you just have to actually do the thing.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Apr 23, 2024

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

AEW should bring back the WCW MTV BeachBrawl for a modern era

Question.

Can I throw rocks at Kevin Nash?

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

shiksa posted:

I don't know why people keep talking about the story being "Bryan got freak injured". The story is Will beat the piss out of Bryan so bad he started crying. The story has to be that Bryan somehow betters himself to take on and beat Will. I'd personally have had Bryan win so that Will has a mountain to climb, maybe eventually putting Bryan into semi-retirement. BUT I'll not judge the story yet, it was probably the greatest match ever.

Eat My Fuc posted:

The babyface that hugged and thanked the rape enablers? WWE babyfaces must be doing things differently

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I don't think that's the Ospreay/Danielson story. I'm not sure Bryan has the time (or the possible opponents) for a hero's journey mountain to climb. It's the younger man trying to work out how rude a dude he is, and probably that it's not very nice to break someone's neck and then hit it very hard with your elbow.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Ospreay's gonna hit the Tiger Driver in the second match, be absolutely distraught with doing it, hesitating long enough that when he goes for the Hidden Blade, Bryan counters into the LeBell Lock or Cattle Mutiliation and wins.

I think you can absolutely have this play out over 2 or 3 matches, even if one of them is Bryan as a part-timer

(I'm also half expecting Bryan to pull a Mark Henry, to be fair.)

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

the all time GOAT babyface story of

enter the royal rumble at 30
heroically kick a guy in the balls to win a title shot
lose the title shot
spend a year spinning wheels until the next time
win the rumble again (idk what happened, didn't watch)
tell the rock he could have the title shot instead
actually no I lied
finally eventually get to wrestlemania where a bunch of more popular old guys save the day so Cody can get the belt his daddy didn't have
a bunch of slimy middle managers for the rape company come out and Cody kisses all of their rings

wow throw a limp bizkit track on there and you've got a Cinematic Classic

e like for real what is the through line besides "i want this belt my daddy never had!" and why should I care

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Ospreay didn't hit the Storm Breaker. Other than that they did pretty much everything I'd expect from that matchup

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Swerve: everyone's gonna die...
Willow: -of FUN!
https://twitter.com/WillWashington/status/1782793412028027167

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

MassRafTer posted:

People whined for months that WWE didn't air footage of Bryan Danielson at the Giants World Series parade.

You don't need to show everything but I liked when WCW would show the fun crossover stuff even at poo poo I didn't care about like Nascar. Wrestlers being wrestlers in society is kind of fun.

i liked it when we saw Penta give a Penta mask to George Kittle(?)

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Shard posted:

Swerve: everyone's gonna die...
Willow: -of FUN!
https://twitter.com/WillWashington/status/1782793412028027167

hell yeah dude. swerve looks so good w big plat. just one "ain't nobody" entrance in a packed arena tony, I beg of u

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/youngbucks/status/1782777955003044248