Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

Take it to the catty bitch thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

Good morning.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Good morning judakel

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Mr Hootington posted:

The US empire doesn't actually exist

Yeah, I was sent out in my late teens to put the boot on England's neck for pageantry. Empire is going basically via interia.

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Good morning mcu

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

fix the timg...

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Croup Coughfield posted:

i have not and will not have sex with a khajit or any other sort of man-animal hybrid, same goes for mer. also i side with the imperials every time even tho its all horse poo poo

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Megamissen posted:

fix the timg...

Works fine on my phone

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

Mr Hootington posted:

Works fine on my phone

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

hes right

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

also good morning

selec
Sep 6, 2003

gm. woke up not stoked for work, but hell, it’s just work. gonna keep on trucking and get my rear end some exercise in this afternoon. feeling the saudade that comes between finishing a project and releasing it and starting the next one.

next project is very, very ambitious and I’m excited to dive in. it’s got a video component which is new for me, and is intended to be performed in front of an audience, which is terrifying. but the subject matter is loving so good.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

slept like a baby last night

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

also slept like a baby (woke up every couple hours, screamed at the alarm clock)

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
My CPAP app informs me that I slept like a kitten in a sun patch

selec
Sep 6, 2003

External Organs posted:

My CPAP app informs me that I slept like a kitten in a sun patch

CPAP brother! mine has been my friend again after I got it adjusted. it was wild for a minute there.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

selec posted:

CPAP brother! mine has been my friend again after I got it adjusted. it was wild for a minute there.

I probably need to get mine adjusted (or replaced) since it's been years since my last sleepytime appointment but I need non-lovely insurance again before that can happen.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

selec
Sep 6, 2003

docbeard posted:

I probably need to get mine adjusted (or replaced) since it's been years since my last sleepytime appointment but I need non-lovely insurance again before that can happen.

the thing I learned is that you can adjust settings yourself on the machine. I dunno what insurance would think about this (if it’s phoning home) but you could definitely claim ignorance.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

updating my spreadsheet with this cpap info

selec
Sep 6, 2003

lobster shirt posted:

updating my spreadsheet with this cpap info

I will send you the details of my new pressure settings and the login for my chart

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

remember what happened to the last mod with a spreadsheet

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Lib and let die posted:

remember what happened to the last mod with a spreadsheet

for a canonical reading, please flip on greenpos and put the following song on in the background

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNc95hq5hwY

code:
===== qcs psa =====
so, i've been named in a few qcs stories in recent days, and would like to set the record straight for those who are interested in reading

1) statistics post in the jeff guidelines thread

featuring the forbidden crime of ~using microsoft excel~, it was a poorly written, terse post that defended the people whose head it went over, by large, who ironically then tried executing me for it. i had admitted as much, posting whole 6 clarifications for it in the thread, but the illustrious moderation of qcs still saw me likened to a serial transphobe for doing maths, going into a subsequent crescendo of this being equated to Radia getting doxxed. without these nuclear comparisons seeking to drive me off the website, we could've talked more about it.

2) Lady Radia getting doxxed by freeasinbeer

this was hosed up, but also in no way am I going to assume responsiblity for a crazy moron posting a screenshot of their conversation with Radia, that featured personally identifying information of Radia.

3) Lib and let die's alt account being connected to their main account

correct, i did name in a post their alt as LALD to inform the d&d feedback thread they were making GBS threads up of whom exactly the thread is dealing with. now, this has a lot of exotic rumours floating about it, as is par for the course when qcs moves into the phase of killing someone as a poster, which admins usually avoid moderating. Fritz tried, bless their hooves, and got burned for it by the same rubbish, when it should've been multiple senior admins, or just a closed thread.

but i digress, and would like to instead address a few increasingly popular, libellous rumours, in an effort to clear the account of other modmins on this subject. for clarity of reference, lald got doxxed in autumn 2022, and registered the alt account after getting banned in cccc, mid-march 2023. so:

mods can see ip addresses - false, only admins can
lald had made anti-doxxing arrangements with admins - false, admins can clarify this further
i edited the autoban before gassing - false, here's proof that mod edits carry over
admins told me that the poster was lald - false, it was ordinary deduction

to prove the latter, which is standard fare for modding hot d&d threads, here's the logic. inevitably, the first point does name the account again, but the identity of it is already public knowledge, and this doesn't add any further information to my call-out, which lald had then confirmed from their alt account.

something i posted in mod forum for a similar explanation posted:
LALD before getting banned had an avatar of Matthew Yglesias, an annoying political commentator who happens to be fat. The avatar more specifically was head of Matty edited into a spermatosoid. This is the first clue, "Turgid Flagella" - fat spermatosoid.

The second clue is that the first post of the account did attack Discendo Vox over vaping in D&D. As far as tiers of knowledge of Discendo Vox's body of posts are concerned, this is very deep. The flowchart is roughly like this, in descending order of notoriety: federal government >> mass media and disinformation >> food industry >> vaping industry.

The third clue is that someone registered an account in D&D in the current year and said "Joe Biden raped Tara Reade" and "Ukrainian nazis are still nazis". The latter is a minor strike, however the former is a giant flare that this an established D&D mod "hunter".

Putting 1+1 here was trivial, specifically since LALD is exceptionally obssed with DV, and kept posting all over SA about DV almost every single day, using references like "you know who" or "professor".

to be fully clear, i feel no remorse about flagging lald's behaviour publicly for the feedback thread. the point i'm making here is that this disclosure required no effort and was something I could do alone, as lald is a dim poster with unmistakeable grudes and posting patterns, like the permabanned sexpig

also, to be fully clear, i am not enjoying any modmin support on my interaction with lald, and have already been demodded for it accordingly, with a side dish of attracting attention with (1) used in the reasoning

code:
===== message to the dnd ukraine thread =====
it's been a great ride, and administrating a charitity drive of $45k to people suffering immensely will unmistakeably be the high point of my life as a poster. in general, thread has a++ reputation on the mod forum, and largely self-regulates, so i trust that it can sustain itself without external influence.

external influence is a problem, however. as seen in qcs, politics-based tensions are running quite high, and i was the sole outspoken advocate for ukraine threads remaining in mod forum, since Kit's demodding. multiple modmins have specific aspersions for ukraine discourse on sa, rooted in ther disinterest in putting the effort into moderating it well, so it may get ugly.

ugly as in you may have post in qcs. as seen by the bm thread, qcs threads have real influence, but as seen by the same thread, the violent content posting thread, and the jeff thread, it's also no longer a meaningful improvement over the old "kill or be killed" qcs. my suggestion is to just repeat the same point politely and repeatedly, if it comes to it, without making political accusations against anyone.

at least i can rest easy in that i'd like to think i've meaningfully contributed to quite a few massive pieces of poo poo getting permanently ejected from the website for their derangement over ukraine

also, to address the lore over how i got modded, resigned, and volunteered to mod again

getting modded - assorted modmins wanted to overrule me and let pegleg post freely, so i took the star to get access to mod forum and yell at them, dropping multiple pages long post on landing. stayed because some problem posters were immune to sixers, when ultimately it turned out that hardly anyone is immune to being knocked offline for a day+

stepping down - almost burnt out with the dubmass idea to write summaries, which made me reflect on the thread, well, being calm

getting re-modded - admins tried making GBS threads the the thread up again by just closing the gbs ukraine thread without warning even gbs mods, instead of banning long-known pieces of poo poo

basically, this loops back to the ugly bit - no old admin is interested in understanding or moderating politics discourse on sa. the same gbs thread closure could've been, e.g., averted by admins having a functional review process in place, and spotting early that there are problem posters who Kit did not ramp as harsh as the mod forum consensus would likely have these posters be ramped.

code:
===== closure =====
my posting persona at this point is quite toxic, meaning that yet another time qcs hooting and hollering reigns triumphant. coincidentally, i mean to cease posting on sa, in particular to avoid attracting undue attention to the thread i would care posting in the most, the bookmark-browsing j4g that i am.

however, it's also fair to see admins interested in having me gone from the website, since my interaction with lald may have consequences regardless of my intent, admins' inability to properly inform lald of available recourse, and lald's inability to refrain from throwing tantrums against discendo vox and their many other forums enemies from d&d. further reviews of punishment have similarly happened before anywya

all in all, as with my modding term, this comes ironically short to an anniversary. would-be 1 year of modding when ir resigned the first time, and would-be 10 years of posting on sa. it's been a fun ride, and i'll definitely miss my favourite threads - d&d ukraine because the plight of ukrainian people is close to my heart, d&d chat thread where i could discuss food with like-minded gourmands, yospos terrible programming thread for teaching me a lot about my job, and yospos apple thread because friends don't let friends use a anroid. also big thanks to the photo forum for showing me how to buy a used camera in europe, saving me half a grand.

without further ado,
yospos bithc

ps. you can find me here if i'm further necessary

pps. i think docbeard and pog senator are good sad iks. the pink rear end goon too is decent enough. lmao @ everyone else "moderating" it tho, in particular the admin team with reservation made for no one but Fluffdaddy, Fritz, and the sex ghost, who all do care about it being something more than what late QCS was

ppps. ukraine thread posters with lego and barbie avatars, sorry. i was counter-whaling whoever was the piece of poo poo spamming thread with red texts at the time, out of my pocket, and the "free forums avatars" gallery i was copy-pasting everything from to beat the hooligan on the clock had the most insane mix of things possible

pppps. feedback to jeff, in addition to dismal opinion on moderation in sad – your inability to take firm stances on timelines shorter than "years" will keep causing issues, since people will abuse it. also, it's kind-of cringe to have mods come into mod qcs making GBS threads their pants because they got anxiety from reading sad and want to repost some goon telephone crap

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
It's such a an Anime Villain Speech.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Ugh. Good lord

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

lol @ d&d mod "hunter "

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Applied for job at place where I'm currently contracting (having been encouraged to do so by my current manager). Application got kicked out because I indicated I was a current employee and needed to apply through the internal system instead, which I can't access because I'm a contractor and not a real employee. There's probably a way to thread this particular needle but hosed if I can be bothered to figure it out right now.

I love shenanigans.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

speng31b posted:

pog senator

I will never not laugh about this

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

docbeard posted:

Applied for job at place where I'm currently contracting (having been encouraged to do so by my current manager). Application got kicked out because I indicated I was a current employee and needed to apply through the internal system instead, which I can't access because I'm a contractor and not a real employee. There's probably a way to thread this particular needle but hosed if I can be bothered to figure it out right now.

I love shenanigans.

you're not an employee you're a contractor, that was your mistake. important distinction to hr/legal folks

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

docbeard posted:

I love shenanigans.

i can smell the Workday coming off of this post

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

bless their hooves

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

docbeard posted:

I love shenanigans.

tell your manager and ask them to forward it to HR on your behalf

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

you're not an employee you're a contractor, that was your mistake. important distinction to hr/legal folks

Yeah, there just wasn't a very clear way to indicate that. (I should possibly not try to apply for jobs when I'm only half awake, either.)

Al! posted:

i can smell the Workday coming off of this post

yuuuuuup

Buck Wildman posted:

tell your manager and ask them to forward it to HR on your behalf

I may at the very least ask for ideas about how to navigate this particular labyrinth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i was counter-whaling whoever was the piece of poo poo spamming thread with red texts at the time, out of my pocket, and the "free forums avatars" gallery i was copy-pasting everything from to beat the hooligan on the clock had the most insane mix of things possible