Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

fits my needs posted:

so what are the top 3 spots for zelenskys retirement

Apparently there is a bunker for every person in Switzerland so Lake Geneva, Lake Constance, Lake Lucerne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

on the one hand this will probably result in fewer ukranians as affected people decide to naturalize in the countries they ended up in

on the other hand if people do decide to join the army as a result (lol) it will also result in fewer ukranians

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

HallelujahLee posted:

if even 1/4 of that money actually gets to ukraine id be surprised

75% is already america paying itself to buy stuff from american companies (before the rest gets grifted off)

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

on the one hand this will probably result in fewer ukranians as affected people decide to naturalize in the countries they ended up in

on the other hand if people do decide to join the army as a result (lol) it will also result in fewer ukranians

I wonder if it's an acceptable reason to claim asylum - significant risk to life? "If I go home they're going to send me to a trench to catch artillery shells with a 25% chance of survival"

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Z the IVth posted:

I wonder if it's an acceptable reason to claim asylum - significant risk to life? "If I go home they're going to send me to a trench to catch artillery shells with a 25% chance of survival"

what part of "nato will fight until the last ukrainian" is ambiguous?

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

i dont know how fast the naturalisation processes were in other countries but here they take a while

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
I don't imagine that these countries are going to force the Ukrainians out of the country to go to the trenches to die

I mean I'm not sure at this point the way things are going, but that is probably too horrible a spectacle even for this world.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Honest Thief posted:

i dont know how fast the naturalisation processes were in other countries but here they take a while

10 years for Switzerland. my coworker has been here for 5 I think

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Starsfan posted:

I don't imagine that these countries are going to force the Ukrainians out of the country to go to the trenches to die

if your passport expires then I guess it just means no more international travel as long as the policy is in place

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
This is probably an Armchair general comment but

Russia already has significant forces stationed in the Sumy/Kharkov, not actively involved in operations as of now but presumably ready to move.

We've seen lately that Russia has been hitting Kharkov especially hard, and they even demined the front in that direction a few days ago. But rather than launching an offensive from there, would it make sense to make Ukraine think an offensive was imminent? This would have the effect of drawing Ukrainian reserves to that front so that they wouldn't be used in the ongoing battles in Donetsk. With Ukrainian manpower already thin this would likely have an impact

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Starsfan posted:

I mean I'm not sure at this point the way things are going, but that is probably too horrible a spectacle even for this world.

I don't think EU countries could do it even if they wanted to, certainly not in large enough numbers to make a significant difference.

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011

VoicesCanBe posted:

I don't think EU countries could do it even if they wanted to, certainly not in large enough numbers to make a significant difference.

If anything it being a wasted token effort that only results in thousands of dead with no benefit makes it more likely Europe will do it.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Puppy Burner posted:

If anything it being a wasted token effort that only results in thousands of dead with no benefit makes it more likely Europe will do it.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

wasnt trump actively involved in getting the republicans on board for ukraine funding recently

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

The Russian Federation shall persist in its martial exertions until such time as their armed forces are thoroughly depleted and bereft of the capacity for further combat, at which juncture Ukraine shall effortlessly reclaim the territories erstwhile usurped.

Provided that the collective nations of the West continue to furnish Ukraine with the requisite support, victory for Ukraine is an inevitability, albeit the realization of such triumph may indeed require an extended duration.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

mila kunis posted:

wasnt trump actively involved in getting the republicans on board for ukraine funding recently

I thought it was just ex trump cabinet people like Pompeo

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

https://x.com/bbcpolitics/status/1782773672081543340?s=46&t=CkxUTFewBhsxPVoqA_wgtQ

Anglo death drive, GO!

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNSWNgVcUS4

Nobody is dying for the prick who said you can't call in sick to work.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Going to go about as well as German's increase in spending. So best of luck with that, should make for some funny news articles a year or two from now.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
the hms boondoggle, the most advanced warship in the world, is projected to begin construction in 2046 once the engineers have figured out how to not make the hull spontaneously combust when in contact with water

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

That's factually wrong. A lot of people are dying for him.

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Some guy mentioned this YouTube channel before. Think this one is still relevant.

https://youtu.be/8srzfbKhIPI?si=YHbqjQ0aCVkQzVP_

Have fun building those munitions and weapons and having them manned, is all I can say.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Cerebral Bore posted:

the hms boondoggle, the most advanced warship in the world, is projected to begin construction in 2046 once the engineers have figured out how to not make the hull spontaneously combust when in contact with water

the protective properties of sodium-as-armor makes the complexity and cost worth it - general dynamics slidedeck, probably

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
https://twitter.com/Jeff21461/status/1782550176567108048

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lol infantry carriers ok . very useful in retreating

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

60 canoes, dinghys, zodiacs, inflatable kayaks

speng31b
May 8, 2010

im the 60 assorted small boats

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

euphronius posted:

lol infantry carriers ok . very useful in retreating

the ukrainians are short enough atm that they're strictly rationing frontline casualty evacuation. anything's better than nothing i guess

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

one does wonder whether this is all new kit or if some part of these packages are backlogging previously, surreptitiously donated materiel

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

remember when they did actually deliver vehicles they had like 2 years of maintenance backlog

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I'm the 160 huskies

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.

speng31b posted:

im the 60 assorted small boats

hey if those are the suicide drone boats (we already know the UK manages that whole operation) it might be the best cost-benefit ratio of the whole package.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

75% is already america paying itself to buy stuff from american companies (before the rest gets grifted off)

lol

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

quartermasters being quartermasters they are for sure going to be shipping off the most temperamental and maintenance-heavy vehicles they have first

my prediction for this aid is that it will make no major strategic difference but will alleviate the worst of the problems plaguing the ukrainians at the front line atm and may allow them to staunch the bleeding at some point short of outright collapse in the medium term. especially west of avdiivka the russians are taking respectable little chunks of territory on a daily basis right now (apparently against one of the heavier ukrainian "firefighter" brigades), and this might contain that, for instance.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

V. Illych L. posted:

quartermasters being quartermasters they are for sure going to be shipping off the most temperamental and maintenance-heavy vehicles they have first

my prediction for this aid is that it will make no major strategic difference but will alleviate the worst of the problems plaguing the ukrainians at the front line atm and may allow them to staunch the bleeding at some point short of outright collapse in the medium term. especially west of avdiivka the russians are taking respectable little chunks of territory on a daily basis right now (apparently against one of the heavier ukrainian "firefighter" brigades), and this might contain that, for instance.

Ukraine will win

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Don't call it a fat jeep.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
is it true that the average age in the ukranian army is something like 40 now

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010

Al! posted:

Yes but don't worry it will get lower

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Al! posted:

they should do like a Big Brother exchange program with the IDF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Age, life expectancy, what's the difference