Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Needs just a big collapsed bridge on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

a sexual elk posted:

Needs just a big collapsed bridge on it

Nah, the big collapse happens in the playoffs.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Asproigerosis posted:

Tampering is so loving dumb. Who gives a poo poo you talked to a guy earlier than an arbitrary date? You could wine and dine a dude for a month under the table, but that means nothing when another better team just outright outbids you.

There are extremely obvious reasons you shouldn't be allowed to negotiate with another team's player while they're under contract

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
I was just reminded of this awesome George Carlin quote about football and wanted to share it with everyone because he's the greatest comedian ever and a national goddamn treasure.

"In football, I root for the Oakland Raiders because they hire castoffs, outlaws, malcontents, and fuckups, they have lots of penalties, fights, and paybacks, and because Al Davis told the rest of the pig NFL owners to go get hosed. Also, they don't have a lot of Christians kneeling down to pray after touchdowns. Christians are ruining sports. Someday, the Raiders will be strong again, and they will dip the ball in poo poo and shove it down the throats of the wholesome, white, heartland teams that pray together and don't deliver late hits."

This needs to be carved into a marble statue of Al Davis standing next to an overhead projector and displayed in museums around the world.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The current Raven helmets are pretty bad. It's impressive how much worse those mock ups are.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Black Sunshine posted:

I was just reminded of this awesome George Carlin quote about football and wanted to share it with everyone because he's the greatest comedian ever and a national goddamn treasure.

"In football, I root for the Oakland Raiders because they hire castoffs, outlaws, malcontents, and fuckups, they have lots of penalties, fights, and paybacks, and because Al Davis told the rest of the pig NFL owners to go get hosed. Also, they don't have a lot of Christians kneeling down to pray after touchdowns. Christians are ruining sports. Someday, the Raiders will be strong again, and they will dip the ball in poo poo and shove it down the throats of the wholesome, white, heartland teams that pray together and don't deliver late hits."

This needs to be carved into a marble statue of Al Davis standing next to an overhead projector and displayed in museums around the world.

I suspect he'd find it infinitely less cool to witness the Vegas Raiders

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The337th posted:

I suspect he'd find it infinitely less cool to witness the Vegas Raiders

he'd prefer the Chiefs these days

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Carlin would be a chargers fan. A team without a home

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Android Apocalypse posted:

Not a fan. Birds looking head-on with their mouth open always looks silly to me.

Case in point:

Ok I'm glad I wasn't the only one who instantly went to Big Bird lol

This may have already been on my mind because I went to one of my favorite brunch spots this weekend and they serve https://www.yellowbirdfoods.com/ hot sauce which owns bones

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

that's two time Super Bowl champion Blaine gabbert

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Jack Locker is probably the most forgettable top 10 qb drafted ever in the modern NFL. Even Josh Rosen is more noteworthy just by virtue of being such an amazing failure.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Jack Locker is probably the most forgettable top 10 qb drafted ever in the modern NFL. Even Josh Rosen is more noteworthy just by virtue of being such an amazing failure.

Extremely forgettable.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The current Raven helmets are pretty bad. It's impressive how much worse those mock ups are.

Yeah I haven't had excitement raised and dashed as fast as that tweet managed in a while. Woof.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

mcmagic posted:

Extremely forgettable.

That perfectly fits the decade of the Tennessee Titans that Locker fell into.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Jake.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

From State Farm?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

as far as forgettable first round qbs go i never remember josh freeman as one because of the other journeyman josh partially overriding him to me, which might work the opposite way for some others. in other words he's not highly forgettable as a player but as a first rounder. but i imagine a lot of people are intimately familiar with josh's position and he's certainly not a candidate to be the most forgettable modern first round qb overall. thank you so much for talking to me

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
That's absolutely not the first time someone has said Jack instead of Jake, either.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Asproigerosis posted:

Tampering is so loving dumb. Who gives a poo poo you talked to a guy earlier than an arbitrary date? You could wine and dine a dude for a month under the table, but that means nothing when another better team just outright outbids you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAxfOTUsi2Q

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Blaine Gabbert, Jake Locker, and Christian Ponder being taken between picks 8-12 in the 2011 Draft is like, a total black hole of forgettableness.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Locker was a guy you could kinda sorta see becoming a decent player, but he had an incredible talent for getting injured in utterly random ways the second he threatened to turn the corner.

Shoulder, lisfrac, thumb, wrist, shoulder, quit. Oof.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

sean10mm posted:

Locker was a guy you could kinda sorta see becoming a decent player, but he had an incredible talent for getting injured in utterly random ways the second he threatened to turn the corner.

Shoulder, lisfrac, thumb, wrist, shoulder, quit. Oof.

look forward to seeing this for the next few years with Anthony Richardson lol

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
You guys are just making up QBs now aren't you?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Nervous posted:

You guys are just making up QBs now aren't you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwFsxogUFVc

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Manoueverable posted:

That's absolutely not the first time someone has said Jack instead of Jake, either.

I went to that loving Holiday Bowl.

You know the one

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Going from Christian Ponder to Kirk Cousins is really the same guy when you think about it

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Knew this was going to be one of those Key and Peele skits ;)

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Harlock posted:

Going from Christian Ponder to Kirk Cousins is really the same guy when you think about it

Kirk Cousins was by every statistical metric the second best QB in Vikings history. He's the Jay Cutler of the Vikings: remembered poorly because despite being that good he should have been so much better.

It's honestly beautiful to sandwich Cousins' years between Christian Ponder and Sam Darnold.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Remember when EJ Manuel went in the 1st

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Forrest on Fire posted:

Kirk Cousins was by every statistical metric the second best QB in Vikings history. He's the Jay Cutler of the Vikings: remembered poorly because despite being that good he should have been so much better.

It's honestly beautiful to sandwich Cousins' years between Christian Ponder and Sam Darnold.

The joke is that he's a religious thinker

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I think Jay Cutler is remembered poorly because there is no record of anyone saying anything positive about him as a person and he seems like an enormous shithead.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

He threw the ball far and good though

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

a neat cape posted:

Vividly

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

R.D. Mangles posted:

I think Jay Cutler is remembered poorly because there is no record of anyone saying anything positive about him as a person and he seems like an enormous shithead.

Brandon Marshall loves him

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

a neat cape posted:

The good part was that the Bills traded back.
The bad part was when they drafted EJ Manuel in the 1st round.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
The Cousins signing made me stop being a fan of the Vikings and for that I will always be grateful to him.

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer
My favorite QB bust is Christian Hackenberg, because a lot of people knew he was terrible, but someone was still going to draft him with a premium pick because he looked the part of the big cannon-armed pocket passer.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-why-pff-doesnt-have-a-draftable-grade-on-christian-hackenberg

That someone was the New York Jets, and the 2nd round draft pick burning a hole in their pocket.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

texans new unis are good too and i posted first so it's the official opinion

i like all the redesigns this year good job everyone

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ginger Beer Belly posted:

My favorite QB bust is Christian Hackenberg, because a lot of people knew he was terrible, but someone was still going to draft him with a premium pick because he looked the part of the big cannon-armed pocket passer.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-why-pff-doesnt-have-a-draftable-grade-on-christian-hackenberg

That someone was the New York Jets, and the 2nd round draft pick burning a hole in their pocket.

And then they took themselves out of the QB market in the Mahomes/Watson year because they had him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Kirk Cousins deserves a statue in Minnesota where he's screaming at Adam Thielen over a missed route on the sideline