Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

fits my needs posted:

but she wants to do the opposite!

yeah, there were times where Buffy had sex with vampires instead of slaying them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

WampaLord posted:

kind of like how voting for biden isn't enough to the most hardcore liberals, you must have deep love for him in your heart and not utter a word of criticism. Also you should defend him through posting online, especially when he does bad stuff. In fact, you need to explain to the dumb voters that the bad stuff is actually good simply by the fact that biden did it
Yeah, this is something I haven't seen before and it explains a lot of acrimony (beyond the fact that he's a terrible leader and a terrible human being). In the past it was acceptable to hold your nose and vote Democrat, and say so. But to the Blue MAGA Boomers online, you have to vote for Biden and you also have to be a fanboy for Epic Sunglasses Ice Cream Dark Brandon and say that he's the best most progressive president ever. It's starting to look the same as the Trump diehards, where if you put enough of them in a room they will feel the urge to sniff out the person who's insufficiently loyal because they need someone to hate.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Rectal Death Alert posted:

I think the more deluded you demand to be the more threatening contrary opinions are. Even if someone votes with you they can still disturb things by being critical.

Biden is obviously unfit for office and the best thing you can say, honestly, is he needs to step down. If you have chosen the narrative that he is amazing because you need him to be ideologically then you are going to be personally attacked when people disagree.

It's why most of our democrat moderators have aggressively purged criticism of Democrats under the outright lies that they don't allow politics posting certain places while also allowing people to go openly insane over Trump.

It's pure team sports mentality. Which is why I wish so many of these freaks would just transfer all of that energy to actual sports and get their tribalism out in a much healthier way

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Halloween Jack posted:

Yeah, this is something I haven't seen before and it explains a lot of acrimony (beyond the fact that he's a terrible leader and a terrible human being). In the past it was acceptable to hold your nose and vote Democrat, and say so. But to the Blue MAGA Boomers online, you have to vote for Biden and you also have to be a fanboy for Epic Sunglasses Ice Cream Dark Brandon and say that he's the best most progressive president ever.

It feels like this is a direct reaction to seeing Trump and trying to recreate his meme magic

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Those people have always existed but as the party loses people the only ones left are the ones who have that home team mentality.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/WRAL/status/1780780808757821579

Hillary Clinton and Malala Yousafzai producing. An election coming. ‘Suffs’ has timing on its side
NEW YORK (AP) — Shaina Taub was in the audience at “Suffs,” her buzzy and timely new musical about women’s suffrage, when she spied something that delighted her.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

I think you're misremembering the FTV stuff, because AOC never supported it (and I think most other Squad people ignored it). Her opposition to it was actually the main reason it blew up into something people talked about for a while in the first place.

So all the FTV situation did was force them to show their true colors, since they were presented with a situation where they had leverage, but they never had any desire to actually use it.

Not so much misremembered but poorly phrased. What I mean to say was it seemed that some sort of backroom deal or threat was made sometime before ftv, and the event itself made it clear we could never expect anything good from AOC ever again.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Nichael posted:

The world is on fire.

Thats the way I like and Ill never get bored.
hey now

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
really gotta watch which thread im posting in

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004
when a woman says something's not funny, you better not laugh your ass off

gradenko_2000 posted:

My hot take is that actually showing what life was like before the bombs dropped was a mistake - a big part of the pre-Bethesda (and even pre-FO4) writing is that you're supposed to look upon the pre-war days as a hazy, indistinct Good Old Days that's open to all sorts of interpretation with only very limited peeks into it, but by showing that life really was a sort of idyllic 1950s atomic-punk suburbia (even with all of the undertones of conflict lying just beneath), you get into all sorts of debates about how whether it really was China that launched the nukes first when the point is that none of it matters and you can't go back to the past anymore.

But then we would have less Walter Goggins. We need more Walter goggins, not less.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
suffs lol

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

Rectal Death Alert posted:

I think the more deluded you demand to be the more threatening contrary opinions are. Even if someone votes with you they can still disturb things by being critical.

what kills me about this is that almost nobody bothers to criticize lost causes. if someone takes the time to offer sincere criticism, it means they think the audience is receptive to it. ultimately it's a sign of good faith in their cause. obviously wreckers exist so this isn't a perfect or correct analysis, but dems swinging all the way over to "all critics are wreckers" doesn't help them at all

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Jen heir rick posted:

But then we would have less Walter Goggins. We need more Walter goggins, not less.

:hmmyes: I read a study once saying this

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

SixteenShells posted:

stancil I am begging you to learn about the ecological fallacy

He doesn’t want to it’s mean to him :(

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
i wonder how much usaid money malala is getting

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

https://twitter.com/Vanessa_ABee/status/1782585733464891482

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

yes but surely he doesnt write all of his other columns by drawing a conclusion then hunting down whatever data might vaguely support it, spurious or not

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

[blade runner voice] it's too bad they wont win.....but then again, who does?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Citation needed

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

king

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

It feels like this is a direct reaction to seeing Trump and trying to recreate his meme magic
I don't think it's a conscious strategy by most of the people engaging in it, but they definitely want the same ecstatic feeling of being part of a crusading movement. And like Gumball said, as the Party sheds loyalty from ordinary reasonable people, the ones left are the kind of person who spends an entire football game wearing a costume and screaming at the top of their lungs.

I think part of it is also that the Party lacks vision, and to the extent that they have one, it's quite bleak. If you reject both the Left and the Right, the Center is just a sucking void, unless you inject its hollow propaganda with mysticism and make a virtual religion of it.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

silicone thrills posted:

Thats the way I like and Ill never get bored.
hey now

i knew someone would do this lmao

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Hey folks, I hate Joe Biden. He is a rapist. He likes (loves?) genocide. His family keeps dying.

Bye!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Hi! Me too. He is, and he does, and it does, but not fast enough.

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

Nichael posted:

He likes (loves?) genocide. His family keeps dying.

that's how you know his commitment is real

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG
i refuse to believe that has ever stopped eggy

this must be photoshop

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

Hi! Me too. He is, and he does, and it does, but not fast enough.
:pray:ing for an October Surprise where another gets turbo brain cancer

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
There's no way Matty would look something up much less admit that the numbers contradicted his vibes

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

"Antisemitic hate on college campuses is unacceptable. I am deeply concerned by what is happening at Columbia University," Education Secretary Miguel Cardona said in a social media post.

Columbia is almost a week into the "Gaza Solidarity Encampment" that students created, refusing to leave until demands, such as divesting from Israel, are met.

https://thehill.com/homenews/education/4615233-cardona-columbia-antisemitic-hate-unacceptable/

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Uncle Wemus posted:

"Antisemitic hate on college campuses is unacceptable. I am deeply concerned by what is happening at Columbia University," Education Secretary Miguel Cardona said in a social media post.

Columbia is almost a week into the "Gaza Solidarity Encampment" that students created, refusing to leave until demands, such as divesting from Israel, are met.

https://thehill.com/homenews/education/4615233-cardona-columbia-antisemitic-hate-unacceptable/

America is doing no favors to Jewish people by conflating "loving genocide" with said identity. It confuses the issue and it will predictably create actual anti-semitism.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

[me summoning lib and let die] what if america continually said that people who come out against loving their own moms are anti-italian

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

I don't think it's a conscious strategy by most of the people engaging in it, but they definitely want the same ecstatic feeling of being part of a crusading movement. And like Gumball said, as the Party sheds loyalty from ordinary reasonable people, the ones left are the kind of person who spends an entire football game wearing a costume and screaming at the top of their lungs.

I think part of it is also that the Party lacks vision, and to the extent that they have one, it's quite bleak. If you reject both the Left and the Right, the Center is just a sucking void, unless you inject its hollow propaganda with mysticism and make a virtual religion of it.

Yeah, that's definitely another part of it too. The lack of vision requires you to then invent these fantasies about how they're helping if you're a homer. But I remember people like this during Obama's second term so I don't think it's that new, just increasing and getting worse as the party and government in general hollows out. Your two choices are to stop believing or start believing with the most belief you've ever had.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Uncle Wemus posted:

lol these people were so primed for there to be one, just one single incident of antisemitic hate that they glommed on to some girl getting brushed by a flag and having a temper tantrum about it

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

where's Laura loomer when you need her most?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

biden comes out in favor of chris chan and their strong display of italian heritage

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Lawmakers in California want to double the penalty for protesters who block highways.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/04/22/double-fines-protesters-california-00153778

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

guidoanselmi posted:

where's Laura loomer when you need her most?

palestinian protesters beat this woman's face into unrecognizability, it's now a lumpy mask of bruises and plastic surgery disast......hold on im getting a note