Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Invisible Clergy posted:

ULPT request: How to get buried money out of backyard that isn't my property

This will end well.

Hell yeah a chance to be a Coen Brothers movie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Invisible Clergy posted:

I want to know where this supposed money came from since the friend who buried it was in jail after he buried it.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

Get the guy who knows where it is to come with and claim he and a sibling buried a time capsule when they lived there as kids. The sibling is no longer alive and the friend would like to dig it up because it contains personal memories. Offer the residents money for the inconvenience.

Zteuer
Nov 8, 2009
Use a helicopter to dig up the treasure, be careful to not touch the corn.

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014

Invisible Clergy posted:

This will end well.

I had this almost exact situation happen to a friend of mine from the perspective of the new home owner. Kept waking up to holes dug in his yard until he could convince the sheriff to do a stake out and catch the person mid act. Previous owner had been a drug dealer, apparently.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
What if the new owners found a place in Maine across a highway from an elderly drunk and they just want their cat back?

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

Butter Activities posted:

Wow really thought this polyamory thing through huh

not the same thing but also why would you get into this situation if a full third of the parties involved aren't people you wanna use your mouth on. skill issue.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Obviously you dig down to Earth's core on your own property, then back up to just under the treasure house. They'll never even know you were there

Geddy Krueger
Apr 24, 2008
This is several pages back at this point but Mississippi had these anti-tobacco ads back in the 2000s:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o47j7qvGzwE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENzqPtZS-5I

There were a bunch more and they all ended with the rat's catchphrase. I have no idea how successful they were but they ran them all the loving time.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Eleven guys digging a tunnel to a corn silo in the dark, but the farmer's a war vet who peppered the area with mines

Cast macaulay culkin as the vet and I'm in.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Hire the beans girl as a buried money recovery consultant

https://www.reddit.com/r/tifu/comments/fy06bv/tifu_by_demanding_that_my_girlfriend_show_me/

TIFU by demanding that my girlfriend show me where she buried our beans in the woods, causing her to break up with me.

quote:

I admit I posted a version of this on the relationship subreddit the other day, but they closed it with no explanation, I assume because they just decided it was fake. I can see how they might think that, but this is a true thing that happened and is happening, and now there is more to it because I actually got broken up with over it.
With all that is going on, we had stocked up on supplies, including some canned goods. I ordered a few weeks ago 30 cans of beans. 10 are black beans, 10 are kidney beans, and 10 are pink beans. Also, I ordered 15 cans of chickpeas. I thought this is a reasonable amount of beans and chickpeas to have every now and then and would last for quite some time.
However earlier this week I opened the cabinet because I wanted to make a vegetarian chili using two cans of beans, but all of the beans were gone. What the hell?
I asked my girlfriend and she told me she buried all of the beans in the woods.
At first I thought she was joking, but she explained, no, she had buried the beans in the woods. WTF?
I asked her to explain and she told me she was afraid that "if things get bad" we might have to worry about "looters or whatever" and that the beans would be in danger of being stolen. I said I thought this was completely ridiculous and unlikely. She became angry at me and said she "is protecting our beans."
According to her logic, the beans are safely buried in the woods behind our apartment complex, and if we ever need some beans she will go to the "stash" and dig up a can or two, but would prefer if we save them all for "if things get worse".
I said why only bury the beans, why not bury our more valuable items? She said the canned food was most valuable for long-term means, and that since we get fresh food in our online grocery deliveries, it would make sense to continue to stockpile beans. She intends to go bury more beans in the woods every week.
This was too insane for me and I got very upset. I demanded to know where the beans were buried, and she refused to tell me. She said if I knew she was afraid I'd dig them up, I said drat right I would. She said "I will never jeopardize the beans."
The following day I tried to put my foot down, and I'm not usually a foot downer but there are rare issues where compromise is out of the question, and I foolishly decided this was one of those issues. I demanded to know where the beans were buried and I told her if she was going to bury beans I paid for in the woods that I would move out. We fought about it and I kept insisting.
In hindsight I should have just let it go and created my own hidden stash of beans in the apartment, and given her time to maybe cool down about this bean burying scenario, but I blew it all out of proportion. Yeah it's weird to bury beans in the woods but why did I have to press it? What's the harm at the end of the day? In the grand scheme of things? But I kept demanding her to take me to the beans, or at least draw a map or something, and finally she BROKE UP WITH ME. Over the beans. I have lost the love of my life because I couldn't let the drat beans go. I am in disbelief. She moved out. Not only am I heartbroken but I am now paying full rent instead of 50% which is a huge financial issue for me.
TL;DR - I kept demanding that my girlfriend show me where she buried the beans in the woods and she got so angry at me that she ended our relationship and moved out. My heart is shattered and my finances are jeopardized because of a bean hoard.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Crocobile posted:

Yeah wasn’t this why women were supposed to ride side saddle? I think it’s a common trope in old-timey literature for there to be a thing with women and horses and virginity.
Sidesaddles were because women wore long skirts and the skirt bunches up weirdly when you sit astride, and risks your showing your lower legs. Once this was thoroughly established, riding astride was obviously manly and therefore women shouldn't do it.

Women died fairly regularly because they fell off their horses, the long skirt got caught on the saddle or the stirrup irons, and they were dragged.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
A power move that backfires spectacularly.

AITAH for breaking up with my fiancee after she told me she can give me the best sex of my life but does not want to?

quote:

I(27M) was together with my ex-fiancee(27F) for 3 years. We had overall good relationship but I would say the problematic part was the intimacy. She was not into trying out new things and was very selfish in bed. I went above and beyond to pleasure her while she did not reciprocate. I had many discussions about it with her but all she said was "that's how I am". Well, I came to learn it was just how she was with me.

I had a talk with her about it and asked if she was forced to do non-vanilla things in her past relationships. She told me no and she actually liked these. I asked her if there is a problem from my side and if there are things I can do better to make her more passionate. She told me there is no problem. I asked her why she does not put any effort in bed then. She told me "I can rock your world but I just do not want to". I understood this issue will not be resolved in the future either and I do not want to settle for that kind of thing. I cannot force her to do something she does not want to so we are just incompatible in the end. I told her it's over and she should pack things her to leave the house. She was surprised for some reason and tried to convince me. She tried to have families convince me but I was firm on my decision. She left the house today and has been texting me non-stop.

AITAH here?
I love you and want to spend the rest of my life with you, but also I am intentionally giving you the absolute bare minimum in terms of physical intimacy. Wait, where are you going?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That must have been an interesting conversation with her family

"I broke up with my fiancé"

"aw, what was the issue?"

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

FMguru posted:

AITAH for breaking up with my fiancee after she told me she can give me the best sex of my life but does not want to?

I love you and want to spend the rest of my life with you, but also I am intentionally giving you the absolute bare minimum in terms of physical intimacy. Wait, where are you going?

What the gently caress

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

FMguru posted:

haveblue posted:

That must have been an interesting conversation with her family

"I broke up with my fiancé"

"aw, what was the issue?"

This is really easy for her to frame it as him being a horny perv with unrealistic expectations. These sort of vaguely dead bedrooms can either be the result of partner wanting more sex/intimacy not putting sufficient effort into the relationship or blaming medical issues that limit sex as if those were the partners choice, or the partner avoiding intimacy not actually being interested or attracted to their partner (except for external factors social status/money) and self-deluded/lying about it, and it’s really easy for whoever in the relationship was acting in bad faith to spin it to their friends and family like it was the opposite of whatever was actually the problem.

Also she’s absolutely going to go on the warpath about this. Clearly the relationship existed to fill some socials/status need and breaking up with someone like that is to them a direct attack on whatever image they were trying to build and deep violation of what they see as their person.

Butter Activities fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Apr 23, 2024

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Fairly typical story, made notable by the very sharp language that OP chooses

AITA for telling my mil that she made her bed and she can rot in it for all I care?

quote:

So I (24m) have been with my gf (23 f) for a bit over a year. She is the love of my life and the only problem is the witch of a mother she has.

My gf is very lc with her mom as she is a judgmental, crazy alcoholic. She has constantly criticized my gf to the point of her crying every time she talks to her. Well we are expecting our first child. It was not planned but a welcomed surprise and we are super happy about it.

My gf told her father as she is very close to him and my mil overheard it. She has demanded that we use the name she wants and that it’s her way or no way. I told her that we as parents are gonna choose what name our child gets and she has no part in it.

Well as expected she told my gf that either she uses the name she picks or she won’t ever be in our child’s life. And to that we told her that’s probably for the better.

She then started to cry saying we can’t ban her from seeing her first grandchild. I told her that if she thinks I would ever allow her to be near our child then she must be delusional. She had a meltdown and said we can’t do that to her and to that I told her that she made her bed and she can rot in it for all I care, then we left.

I told my parents about what happened and they told me that they understand my frustration but that I can’t be that disrespectful to someone and just tell her off like that. My gf is on my side but my parents made me second guess my self so Aita?
"You've made your bed, now rot in it" is a hell of a line to throw at your MIL. Girlfriend is lucky to have partner who has her back like that.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Butter Activities posted:

Clearly the relationship existed to fill some socials/status need and breaking up with someone like that is to them a direct attack on whatever image they were trying to build and deep violation of what they see as their person.
I mean, maybe she's just really lazy and selfish in bed and thinks that should be okay.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
AITA for telling my fiancé what his stepmother tried to do after she asked me not to?

quote:

My fiancé Jamie (28m) has a stepmother "Ellen". Jamie isn't close to Ellen or to his dad and this is why she approached me instead of Jamie. Three-ish weeks ago Ellen showed up at our house and asked me if I could help her surprise Jamie with a dance for the two of them at our wedding. She told me she had hoped he would ask or that he would honor her as mother of the groom in some way but as more time passed and she heard nothing from him about the wedding, she had realized he wasn't planning to dance with her or make her feel special. She told me she loved him since he was 3 years old (when she first met him) and becoming his mom officially had meant so much to her but he had never acknowledged her as the sole mother figure since he was 5, and she felt like it was only right and fair that on his wedding day that happen.

For context: Jamie's parents divorced when he was 1, his dad met Ellen when Jamie was 3 and married when he was 5. Jamie's mom died just three months after the wedding and Jamie moved in with his dad and Ellen full time.

I knew Jamie would hate it and would never agree to dance with Ellen. She acknowledged as much and she told me how much it broke her heart that he always rejected and denied her as his mother. So she wanted to do something where he wouldn't say no and they could have a moment and she could have that mother/son moment he had refused to give her his whole life. She told me how much it hurt her that Jamie never returned any love or affection for her and disliked her in a way that stung worse than anything because she always tried to give him the love and affection and mothering he needed and nothing she did was good enough and she always lived in the shadows of his mom. I could see how upset it made her. But I still said no. I knew Jamie wouldn't want to and that was enough for me. She tried to convince me but couldn't and she asked me not to say anything. I didn't agree or disagree. I didn't want a fight with her. But I did tell Jamie.

Jamie wasn't happy but he said nothing at first. Then Ellen asked him directly and after telling her no in the clearest way possible, he also read her the riot act for going behind his back and trying to force this on him via me. And of course she was pissed that I told Jamie. She accused me of making things worse between them. Jamie told her I had done nothing wrong and that supporting him was not making things worse, but her refusal to accept that he will never ever see her as his mom is doing a good enough job of that.

She sent me a text a few hours after the confrontation and she told me I knew it would make things worse and I told him anyway which made me untrustworthy and a troublemaker. I blocked her after showing Jamie the text.

AITA?
Curses, my perfect scheme is ruined!

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Halloween Jack posted:

I mean, maybe she's just really lazy and selfish in bed and thinks that should be okay.

Proudly declaring that to them though is crazy if it’s just that. I think it does much deeper, as a sort of control thing.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Kurieg posted:

AITA for telling my fiancé what his stepmother tried to do after she asked me not to?

loving finally, a partner who actually stands by their partner and doesn't just assume they know better!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Kurieg posted:

She's a real genius.

OP posted:

She tried to claim Jamie as her own and has always hated the love he has for his mom and the fact she didn't get to take over "ownership" once she died. She even interfered in his relationships with his maternal family members because she felt like she needed to be included because he was hers now and she didn't care how much he hated it

quote:

She inserted herself in his relationship with his maternal family because he was hers by then and she decided that meant she had to be included even if he wanted to just see his family and spend time with the people who loved his mom too.

But anything to do with his mom and the love he had for his mom was something she hated. She tried everything to take over his mom's place. She told him that once his mom died he became fully hers and nobody else's.

She would try to correct stuff he wrote about his mom by trying to insert info about herself into it.
Just in case anyone was wondering why he never formed a loving relationship with the woman who raised him from a young age. But you were all probably expecting something like this.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Halloween Jack posted:

Just in case anyone was wondering why he never formed a loving relationship with the woman who raised him from a young age. But you were all probably expecting something like this.

My first thought exactly was "she's trying to force a relationship & replace his biological mom". Crybaby narcissists are the absolute worst.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

FMguru posted:

"I could marry you but I just do not want to."

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Halloween Jack posted:

She's a real genius.

I feel like in most of these kinds of cases if the step mom would just keep a healthy respect for the birth mom's place in their kid's life and be a solid source of support outside of that, they'd probably get the love they want

I guess they're too desperate to see that, or to exercise that kind of patience

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

FMguru posted:

Impossible to say who is the rear end in a top hat until OP tells us what these "new things" are that he wants to try out. Also need to know what he means by "above and beyond," since clearly some men think that washing their buttholes is above and beyond.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Shanghaied posted:

Impossible to say who is the rear end in a top hat until OP tells us what these "new things" are that he wants to try out. Also need to know what he means by "above and beyond," since clearly some men think that washing their buttholes is above and beyond.
Well, since you asked:

quote:

Her being more active and on top, toy play, soft bdsm, costume play and so on. Nothing crazy like anal.

quote:

She just does not feel like it anymore and she is a different person.

quote:

I shower 2 times a day, brush my teeth 3 times and care about my personal hygiene. Smelling good and looking good is actually two of the things that make me high.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Charitably, it's believable that she could have grown to have negative feelings about her sexual experiences if she felt she was used poorly by the partners that she did kinky stuff with. I have no idea why she would choose to phrase it as "I could rock your world but I won't", though.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

the holy poopacy posted:

Charitably, it's believable that she could have grown to have negative feelings about her sexual experiences if she felt she was used poorly by the partners that she did kinky stuff with. I have no idea why she would choose to phrase it as "I could rock your world but I won't", though.

Didn’t he explicitly ask her that question in the OP?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Mr. Lobe posted:

I feel like in most of these kinds of cases if the step mom would just keep a healthy respect for the birth mom's place in their kid's life and be a solid source of support outside of that, they'd probably get the love they want

I guess they're too desperate to see that, or to exercise that kind of patience

Always. Just by living together, a bond will naturally form, but people in these posts always want the full parent child relationship right now, which is not going to happen with a grieving child who has just lost a parent.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

FMguru posted:

Also, from OP's comments:

OP posted:

She offers it to me through text messages now. But the question here is: "Is it a genuine consent?"

To be honest it feels disgusting she offers it now that we broke up. It's not a genuine consent from my point of view.

Sounds like she just got really complacent.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

the holy poopacy posted:

It's a test! If your partner has a spine, they'll break up with you and you'll know they're worth keeping. If they put up with it, you know they're spineless and should break up with them.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

FMguru posted:

This is incel fantasy

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Cloacamazing! posted:

Always. Just by living together, a bond will naturally form, but people in these posts always want the full parent child relationship right now, which is not going to happen with a grieving child who has just lost a parent.

She was stupid and impatient. That said, I read it as the mom died when the kid was 2. It's not like the kid will solidly remember the dead parent at that age, so I'm not really sure how stepmom hosed this one up so bad. Toddlers aren't difficult to befriend. You can hand them cheese and cookies and they'll be enamored with you.

Maybe the kid just has bad vibes.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Wurzag posted:

This is incel fantasy

Yeah. The story is basically "My girlfriend saved all the good sex for the chads and wouldn't give it to me because that's how 'stacys?' are" I don't remember what they call women

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Chattel

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Wurzag posted:

This is incel fantasy

Incel Fantasy VII: Rebirth

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Yeah. The story is basically "My girlfriend saved all the good sex for the chads and wouldn't give it to me because that's how 'stacys?' are" I don't remember what they call women

I dont see it at all, theres zero mention of any other guys while an incel would be hyper focused on that aspect

some people are just selfish

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Scathach posted:

She was stupid and impatient. That said, I read it as the mom died when the kid was 2. It's not like the kid will solidly remember the dead parent at that age, so I'm not really sure how stepmom hosed this one up so bad. Toddlers aren't difficult to befriend. You can hand them cheese and cookies and they'll be enamored with you.

He was 5, so he almost certainly remembered for at least long enough to start resenting her trying to usurp his memory of his mother. As a kid that age I'd expect him not to have a complex understanding of his own emotions but he'd definitely have them and be justified in disliking her if she kept telling him to forget your mom and quit grieving, I'm Mommy now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Scathach posted:

You should reread. The mom died when he was 5 years old, a few months after dad and stepmom married. OP's fiancé still remembered his mom at that point.

It came from Ask a Manager: several business trips that went wrong

The naked man

quote:

I traveled with my boss and grandboss a lot in a former job. One trip I arrived midmorning, got my hotel key, and then headed straight for the meeting in the hotel meeting space. It was a hectic day and I stayed a little late, gathered my belongings including grabbing my key which had fallen under another chair, looked at the key envelope for my room number, and went to my room. I walked into the room and there was my grandboss….naked. I screamed “what are you doing in my room?” While he screamed “you’re in my room!”…and then TRIPPED OVER THE BED trying to run away and was sprawled out buck naked on the floor.

The key and envelope I picked up were his! The room had two keys he’d had one in his wallet and didn’t know he’d lost the other. My key for my room was in my purse all along. He insisted on formally documenting in a letter to HR that he had not attempted to “lure me” to his room and was not “propositioning me professionally or personally.” I wanted to die.

PSA that’s why you should NEVER keep your key in that hotel envelope with the # written on it. You don’t know who is coming to rob or humiliate you.

The grudge

quote:

My old department had an admin, “Jenny,” who was, even by her own admission, a little gruff. But she got the job done and her institutional knowledge was unparalleled. Jenny was easy to work with if you did basically professional things like say please, thank you, and respect her time. Jenny and one of our consultants, “Elizabeth,” did not get along and it was like the Hunger Games when they got going. From my perspective, Elizabeth could be really entitled and Jenny could hold a grudge but there were times it felt like Elizabeth’s personal life goal to get Jenny in trouble for every little thing.

Our field one huge annual conference that changes cities each year. One year it was held about 45 minutes away from our city, which was great and cut down on stressful travel time and costs for all of us. The one issue was that the city names were common like Columbus, Ohio and Columbus, Georgia. Jenny booked everyone for the conference like she did every year and Elizabeth was livid that Jenny didn’t book her flight or hotel. Me and several others did tell Elizabeth that there was no reason for flights or hotels this year as it was being held one city over but she was so angry and focused on getting Jenny in trouble that she booked her own flights and hotels. To the wrong city. Where the conference wasn’t being held.

I don’t know all the details but I do know Elizabeth missed the first three days of the conference because she flew to the wrong city. She got back mid-week and didn’t speak to any of us for the rest of the conference and we got a department-wide email reminding us that the company doesn’t pay personal expenses made in error. I do know that Jenny was in a very good mood for a few weeks after that and Elizabeth quit later that month.