Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

Gutcruncher posted:

I’m going crazy. There was a recording of (someone impersonating) William Friedkin talking about an exorcist remake where the possessed girl likes to smoke week. Does anyone know what I’m talking about or where it is located?

I remember this too. I don't think it was an impersonation but I could be wrong. I can't find it either, in any case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

honestly, if scientology wanted to make me a immortal king, i'd do it too

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Yall should watch hundreds of beavers

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

I can't even handle one beaver let alone hundreds of them

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

journey into Kirk's unknown

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Oh my God, it’s the son of Zeus!” A crowd started to form and they wouldn’t let Steve leave until he flexed for them.

:worship: Flex for us Zeus!

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Happy 20th birthday to them

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Gripweed posted:

Remember when Dennis Leary would just show up in a movie and do a couple minutes of his act? Better times.

No, but I remember when Leary would just show up in a movie and do a couple of minutes of Bill Hicks' act.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

poisonpill posted:

I’m 100% back to liking Tom Cruise again

I would like him more if he does a break dance in a random party and breaks his bones.

And wear a cast for half of his space movie.

Didn't know DSP can dance

stephenthinkpad fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Apr 23, 2024

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Founded in Scottsdale? The gently caress

LanceHunter posted:

No, but I remember when Leary would just show up in a movie and do a couple of minutes of Bill Hicks' act.

:lol: the original Carlos Mencia

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It is interesting that the arizona period of the boys remains shrouded in mystery. I guess it needs to be concealed to protect the midwest cred that is core to the brand

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

I could have started a company then but instead I joined SA

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

ah april 2004, I remember that time in my life very well. that was the time when I took a massive poo poo out of my rear end

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Cassian of Imola posted:

shogun finale was pretty limp

Yeah it did not live up to the rest of the show but it was still a better ending than the book/original miniseries.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
there's a deadpool 3 trailer out now. apparently Huge Ackman is in it despite him being like 55. doesn't look too bad and i liked and understood the Liefeld gag in the trailer. will not be going to see it however

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

MacheteZombie posted:

Yall should watch hundreds of beavers

Seconding this.

Best kinda sorta silent film since 1930.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

what should I go see in the theatre tonight. here's what's playing that doesn't look like crap:

• the mask
  • spiderman 2 (2004)
  • monkey man

here's what's playing that looks like crap but I could be convinced I'm wrong:

• civil war
  • sasquatch sunset
  • the first omen
  • abigail

they also have one showing of Dunc 2 at 10 pm and I'm seriously considering it

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

My list if you put a gun to my head and forced me to go to the theater, in decreasing order, would be
Dunc 2
Civil War
Monkey Man

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

kalel posted:

ah april 2004, I remember that time in my life very well. that was the time when I took a massive poo poo out of my rear end

Crazy that RLM and Josh were born on the same month.

ricro
Dec 22, 2008

kalel posted:

what should I go see in the theatre tonight. here's what's playing that doesn't look like crap:

• the mask
  • spiderman 2 (2004)
  • monkey man

• civil war
  • sasquatch sunset
  • the first omen
  • abigail

I liked Monkey Man less than I thought I would overall, but it's still good.

I liked The First Omen wayyy more than I thought was possible for a movie called The First Omen

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

RealityWarCriminal posted:

there's a deadpool 3 trailer out now. apparently Huge Ackman is in it despite him being like 55. doesn't look too bad and i liked and understood the Liefeld gag in the trailer. will not be going to see it however

What is the Liefeld gag? I watched the trailer and of course afterwards Youtube recommended me all the trailer analysis and reactions videos. I didn't watch any of them but half of them had the Liefeld thing circled in the thumbnail.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

counterfeitsaint posted:

What is the Liefeld gag? I watched the trailer and of course afterwards Youtube recommended me all the trailer analysis and reactions videos. I didn't watch any of them but half of them had the Liefeld thing circled in the thumbnail.

There’s a sign for a ‘Liefeld’s feet only massage parlor’

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

kalel posted:

• the mask
  • spiderman 2 (2004)
  • monkey man

• civil war
  • sasquatch sunset
  • the first omen
  • abigail

go see civil war

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

poisonpill posted:

I’m 100% back to liking Tom Cruise again

Never stopped

He can be a weirdo crazy all he wants that man can entertain like nobody’s business

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

kalel posted:

• the mask
  • spiderman 2 (2004)
  • monkey man

• civil war
  • sasquatch sunset
  • the first omen
  • abigail

are you going to the movies alone? going to any of those movies alone is really embarrassing

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

digitalist posted:

:worship: Flex for us Zeus!

No..

Not your arms..

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

dreezy posted:

are you going to the movies alone? going to any of those movies alone is really embarrassing

I'm never alone when I'm posting with my pals in the Red Letter Media thread on the Something Awful Forums

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I just can't imagine seeing a film every drat day basically. It shouldn't come as any surprise at this point but the posters are built different

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

That DICK! posted:

go see civil war
No don't, it sucks

See The First Omen or DUNC2 instead

Or you listed Spider-Man 2, which is one of my favorite comic book movies ever

dreezy posted:

Like 95% of the time I go to the movies, I go alone lol

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Apr 23, 2024

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Sunk Dunk posted:

semi-related I made a list of every movie that has gotten a pinball machine on letterboxd if you wanna see how many dumb movies got machines made for them: https://letterboxd.com/sunk_dunk/list/movies-that-have-their-own-licensed-pinball/

Thank you for this. I didn't know Meteor had a machine, and it was Stern's best seller, even!

AARD VARKMAN posted:

started watching farscape and im kind of amazed by how much i love the muppets & high effort makeup aliens

It could get real goofy, but that was part of the charm.

Still kinda bummed most of the actors didn't go on to bigger things.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

No Mods No Masters posted:

I just can't imagine seeing a film every drat day basically. It shouldn't come as any surprise at this point but the posters are built different
I watch at absolute most like 1 movie per month tbh

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Jose Oquendo posted:

There’s a sign for a ‘Liefeld’s feet only massage parlor’

I saw that.

Let's pretend I'm not a comic book guy and don't have a passing familiarity with a bunch of comic book artists.

I did try to google it, but all I could figure out was that some people really hate his art and some of them are pretty mad about it? I'd assume that applies to most comic book artists but what do I know.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

counterfeitsaint posted:

I saw that.

Let's pretend I'm not a comic book guy and don't have a passing familiarity with a bunch of comic book artists.

I did try to google it, but all I could figure out was that some people really hate his art and some of them are pretty mad about it? I'd assume that applies to most comic book artists but what do I know.

He created Deadpool. He's also not particularly good at drawing feet of all things. Often times he would just not draw them and find ways to avoid doing so.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

No Mods No Masters posted:

I'll do a month of watching a movie I haven't seen before every day in January each year. You really start to appreciate older movies sticking to roughly 90 minutes. It's fun, I catch up on stuff I wanted to see or watch trashy old and new movies that look kind of interesting in some way.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

If I had more time I'd go to the movies every day or at least a few days a week.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Jose Oquendo posted:

He created Deadpool. He's also not particularly good at drawing feet of all things. Often times he would just not draw them and find ways to avoid doing so.

He’s not that great at drawing in general, inexplicably. And yet had so many hugely popular characters and comics runs.

But feet was especially bad, they were usually hilariously small.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

priznat posted:

He’s not that great at drawing in general, inexplicably. And yet had so many hugely popular characters and comics runs.

But feet was especially bad, they were usually hilariously small.

Yeah it's wild. He was extremely successful and one of the vanguards of the independent/creator owned comics push from the 90's.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Liefeld wasn’t good at drawing, but he specialized in “90s XTREME” and supposedly was a joy to work with, partly cuz he was a nice dude and partly cuz he consistently turned his poo poo in on time.

At least that’s what I’ve read on the internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Dude loves huge guns, big titties and tiny pouches