Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Trent? Vs Sydal 2 1.26%
OC/Shibata vs STP 0 0%
Acclaimed vs BCG 1 0.63%
Pac vs Okada 3 1.89%
HoB vs Adam, Eddie and Mark 0 0%
Willow vs Julia 1 0.63%
Roddy vs Kyle 0 0%
Jericho vs Hook 6 3.77%
Storm vs Rosa 1 0.63%
Danielson vs Ospreay 139 87.42%
Bucks vs FTR 1 0.63%
Joe vs Swerve 5 3.14%
Total: 159 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Did anyone gif okada flipping us all off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Ganso Bomb posted:

I think it was a dropkick from Okada that sent him hurling into the corner and he landed with his legs all over the ropes in an awkward position. He didn’t adjust to lay flat and get in place for a good camera shot so he could sell with his face or anything, just laid there looking loving dead. I loved it.

i believe the last time pac has done the shotgun kick sell was don 2021 main event, it owns

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I think the thing that is making me happiest is knowing how Shane Strickland was one of the earliest Schiavone Guys back when Tony was getting back into the wrestling business. Combine that with Will Washington's interactions with him, how many people saw him on the indies, or Lucha Underground, or worked with him during those times, stuff like Mox being a huge Killshot fan, like...this is a dude who you can truly say earned his shot through hard work and goodwill every step of the way and made connections and turned heads. It's just nice to see. He's a success story in a way that is hard to break down the extent of if just because there were so many parts to it.

gently caress I can't wait for Wednesday.

eagerly in anticipation to hear that "whose house??" to hit

god drat, my favorite dude for like 5 years is the world champ in my favorite promotion. he looks like a god drat superstar and has arenas going nuts for him. it feels so good to see. i have a shirt that i bought from him at a MLW show in, idk, 2018-2019? like i gave some cash to swerve and he handed me a shirt and i very shyly told him he had a great match and shuffled off. i eventually turned the shirt into a backpatch for my jacket after it wore out some, its a beautiful graphic, a traced drawing of swerve doing the fist on the forehead pose thing with angel wings in red and black. i wear that jacket just about every day, every day ive got a huge patch on my back that says "yeah, swerve is my guy"

so yeah im pretty happy with the state of things in aew

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

He's our bastard

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I don't think either of those are inevitabilities. Ospreay/Okada for example would be loving immense in Wembley.

Okada/Ospreay is meh, I want the true sicko option of Shibata vs Okada. GIVE ME WHAT I WANT TONY, I WANT IT TO MAIN EVENT FOR MONTHS!!! :byodood:

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Hearing the He's Our Bastard chants felt really great, PAC is such a great wrestler and while I don't think he'll ever be placed at the very top I enjoy every single match he puts on and he should get some gold every once in a while.

GenghisTron
Dec 5, 2005

i dont live to live homie

Want to give another shout out to the Roddy/Kyle match. Any other show, this would have been match of the night.

Stanley Tweedle
Aug 15, 2001

GenghisTron posted:

Want to give another shout out to the Roddy/Kyle match. Any other show, this would have been match of the night.

they're so good. i yelled "oh gently caress off!" when wardlow showed up. so happy the match stayed clean.

also, Kyle is so handsome.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Mr. Squishy posted:

Did anyone gif okada flipping us all off

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Also

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

his sells are just unreal

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

On first glance I had no idea how he even did that, it's like he turned around in an M.C. Escher motion. Unbelievable.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Okada just kicked him really loving hard you guys it’s very simple

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Pac's DDT sells are fuckin gorgeous too

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
He does the Homer Simpson spine-bent-over-a-fire-hydrant thing IRL it's so good

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

graph posted:

pac/okada was i think the smoothest, cleanest match i have ever seen

It’s the Toryumon edge.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

xbilkis posted:

lol

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

a dumb moron posted:

Has there been anyone as naturally adorable in wrestling as Willow Nightingale?

I am so mad at CEO for constantly interrupting Willows good vibes. I'm surprised the crowds havent turned on her yet, but that has to be coming soon.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

xbilkis posted:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://x.com/CanadaLifeCtr/status/1782847002209878231

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Carwash oval office posted:

I am so mad at CEO for constantly interrupting Willows good vibes. I'm surprised the crowds havent turned on her yet, but that has to be coming soon.

Yeah that was a seriously lovely move coming out after willow beat Julia, willow deserved her pop and her time <:mad:>

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

:yeshaha:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Joke's on us he's just going to challenge the audience to SF6 matches on the big LED screen during all of Dynamite.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://x.com/TonyKhan/status/1782894520469753925

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

So I rewatched the osprey/danielson match while exercising on my stationary bike tonight. First time I've rewatched a match since Hangman/Omega vs Young Bucks. I think that speaks to my opinion about the match

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58FKff6zI00

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Jiro posted:

Joke's on us he's just going to challenge the audience to SF6 matches on the big LED screen during all of Dynamite.

that would rule to me

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://x.com/TonyKhan/status/1782900132502978828

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Jesus Christ, TK :stare:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i am very big on kyle fletcher, he definitely has main eventer potential

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Kylo gonna get a massive home town pop in Vancouver in a few weeks

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i am very big on kyle fletcher, he definitely has main eventer potential

My only problem is I just don't like looking at him

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Sandman from ECW posted:

My only problem is I just don't like looking at him

His inability to have a good haircut, or his choice to avoid them, is part of what makes him the wrestler that he is. Flattering hair would ruin it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://x.com/AEW/status/1782903527280697586

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Chuck rejects both, Kenny returns to a thunderous pop. Men Of Low Moral Fibre have returned.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

oh we are wasting no time with the killer Swerve matches. The era of the working world champ has arrived. :sickos:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/twcworldwide/status/1782856444360159294

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/AIRGold_/status/1782858313396273284

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'