Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Tesla also indicated that the Model 2 will (probably) be coming out sooner than expected

makes sense to trust the word a company that never overpromises and underdelivers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bull_trap

MasterSitsu fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Apr 23, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
It's probably Kathy Wood buying even more tesla stock after hours

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

profits dropping by 55% surely is a sign of a healthy company and that number should indeed go up

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1782873385300590631

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Lol $435B market cap

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

CBD Corndog posted:

profits dropping by 55% surely is a sign of a healthy company and that number should indeed go up

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1782873385300590631

:fap:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Wonder if it has anything to do with their CEO spending 16 hours a day replying "!" to Nazi tweets

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
I thinks stock numbers bounce like that specifically to give a window for the wealthiest investors to bail out and leave the pension people holding the bag. Classic rug pull poo poo.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

tesla is a tech company

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

kazil posted:

Wonder if it has anything to do with their CEO spending 16 hours a day replying "!" to Nazi tweets

Actually you'll find that if Henry Ford was alive today he'd do the same thing

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Tesla also indicated that the Model 2 will (probably) be coming out sooner than expected

Sure

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

sorry if someone already posted this

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

kazil posted:

TBF, the less time he's in the Tesla factory telling them to make more poo poo like the cybertruck, the better Tesla will do.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

not as funny as when one spontaneously falls apart, but pretty funny since getting it fixed is gonna be next to impossible.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

He;lp I totaled my $100k car that I can't see out of, it is supposed to drive itself while I make money off it

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Were they backing up to the loading bay to put their 6 bags of dirt in the truckbed?

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

LifeSunDeath posted:

not as funny as when one spontaneously falls apart, but pretty funny since getting it fixed is gonna be next to impossible.
"Hey, buddy, you park your truck that's 18 inches wider than a regular car in the loading dock, you brought it on yourself. I gotta schedule to meet!"

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

LifeSunDeath posted:

That is just the easy to remove mirrors that were promised.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

You're looking at the Tesla Semi.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Elon Musk: I can stay homeless longer than the market can stay irrational

e:

LifeSunDeath posted:

If you get in a fight with another car, you'll win

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

You can see at the bottom of this pic how the corner of the Cybertruck turned into a little razor blade that sliced opened the side of that truck.

Cyberbeast becomes cyberblade when threatened.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

General Bullshit › Elon Musk: I can stay homeless longer than the market can stay irrational.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Live from the Tesla earnings call:

"Elon Musk" posted:

eh erm, eh eh erm AI power was added erm eh em New AI autodrive is profound, and erm eh erm on vehicles with cameras

"Tesla Guy" posted:

Optimus will make more money than everything else to date and there is literally no limit to how much money this Cyberintelligent Robot will earn us. Guaranteed

e: Your car will earn you money as a robotaxi. And the computer in your car will earn you money as part of a global supernetwork when not being used as a robotaxi.
:420:

I Greyhound fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Apr 23, 2024

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

LifeSunDeath posted:

I thinks stock numbers bounce like that specifically to give a window for the wealthiest investors to bail out and leave the pension people holding the bag. Classic rug pull poo poo.

I have never bothered to find out, but are after hours values usually very out of whack because they are such low volume compared to the daytime trading, so it just takes a few lunatic true believers to make the stock seem like it is climbing because they put in stupid high bids.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
fun fact, stock brokers spend millions to get an office that has the shortest fiber line to data centers because the speed of light is literally the limiting factor.

tbh we should probably just limit trades to once an hour because lol at traders saying they(their computer algorithms) can galaxy brain "company value" on nano second timespans while physicists at particle smashers are actually working with nano, pico, femto, or even altto (-9, -12, -15, -18) seconds and dont pretend to know 100% whats happening.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
I live in fear of Elon's cult of cyber-hobos

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

PhazonLink posted:

fun fact, stock brokers spend millions to get an office that has the shortest fiber line to data centers because the speed of light is literally the limiting factor.

tbh we should probably just limit trades to once an hour because lol at traders saying they(their computer algorithms) can galaxy brain "company value" on nano second timespans while physicists at particle smashers are actually working with nano, pico, femto, or even altto (-9, -12, -15, -18) seconds and dont pretend to know 100% whats happening.

Well, I think you found Neuralink's future market. Just plug those fiber lines into stock brokers' skulls

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

PhazonLink posted:

A company spent hundreds of millions of dollars to run a fiber line perfectly straight from NJ to Chicago so they could do high frequency trading price arbitrage between the two markets.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

biznatchio posted:

The cvbrtrkk, just like its creator, leans to the right.

:elon:

you have spoken the actual truth

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Three Olives posted:

A company spent hundreds of millions of dollars to run a fiber line perfectly straight from NJ to Chicago so they could do high frequency trading price arbitrage between the two markets.

I would simply use radio waves, which naturally move in straight lines and half again as fast as light in glass.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Three Olives posted:

straight or straight while following the curve of the earth's crust?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/BlastYoBoots/status/1782542416949457370

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

the fun part about layoffs is that studies have shown it rarely ever helps the company become more profitable

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Starting to think that Cybertruk won't be a good boat for any amount of time

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

jfc

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord
Didn't they have that exact same water pooling issue with their other models?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol at CA engineers thinking their historical dry climate is the norm every where.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Platystemon posted:

I would simply use radio waves, which naturally move in straight lines and half again as fast as light in glass.

Ironically someone else figured that out and there is a parallel microwave line owned by someone else. I'm not kidding.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Apr 23, 2024

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

PhazonLink posted:

lol at CA engineers thinking their historical dry climate is the norm every where.

they're just thinking ahead

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord
Your car can function briefly as an inverse boat.

Until the frame rusts through and all the water falls out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

biznatchio posted:

Didn't they have that exact same water pooling issue with their other models?

people incorrectly assumed that "move fast and break stuff" involved learning anything along the way