Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

oooo I've been meaning to get around to this, maybe this is the move

It's good, the first dlc was amazing so I'm hype for this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
yeah it's basically co-op dark souls with guns, right?

e: I think I remember playing a lil bit of the first one but it was right before Elden Ring came out and I ended up dropping it for that reason. think I will be installing it tonight.

Pepe Silvia Browne has issued a correction as of 20:00 on Apr 23, 2024

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

anybody playing any good Video Games lately? Been getting kind of bored of Helldivers 2, this latest war bond is kinda doo doo

I'm always playing an "at home" game on my pc and a "travel game" on my deck. the former currently is y8 which I'm making great progress on the completion for, and the latter is octopath traveller 2 which I'm in the late game stages of. I'm looking forward to finishing octopath so I can move on to crosscode, and kingdom come will probably come after y8 but we'll see

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

anybody playing any good Video Games lately? Been getting kind of bored of Helldivers 2, this latest war bond is kinda doo doo

I've been enjoying Kingdom Come Deliverance. It's a game where, if you haven't washed in a while, NPCs will be like "ew you're gross" when you talk to them. The game is weirdly harsh with the hygiene mechanic, while the food/sleep mechanic is very forgiving and easy to deal with. Wandering around for just a few hours is seemingly enough to make you filthy.

Speaking of this game, it seems like I was correct in my assumption that you'd become buddies with the noble guy.

Between this and Dragon's Dogma 2 I think that a very specific form of janky game is appealing to me for some reason.

loquacius posted:

Teaching your child that they can't always have what they want is arguably the most important task in parenting!

Wrong, this is simply a sign that you have failed in your job as a parent. Your child should never want for anything

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

I'm still playing through Stardew Valley 1.6 which is very good. but i have Star Ocean 2make and Horizon Zero Dawn 2 pirated to play

i did beat Blood West recently was excellent, and forced myself to finish Pacific Drive which was great but a bit too frontloaded

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I've been going on about the games I've been playing already.

I finally picked up Rogue Trader in the sale this past weekend but I have a feeling my next modern game will be Baldur's Gate 3. Or Cyberpunk again.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

I figured out some of my food supply problems in Song of Syx: I wasn't engaging with the very necessary trading system to source cheap fruits and grain from other kingdoms to supplement my own production. Turns out they really want you spending money and not just amassing a dragon's hoard of gold; every year, inflation takes out 10% of your cash supply. But if you're in the negative, it cuts 10% of your debt. Right now I'm making most of my money exporting surplus livestock since it's been fairly easy to generate, but I would love to transition to a more metal goods-focused economy in the long run.

The game's good about being upfront about your risk of being raided; I haven't encountered one yet (game says I have a 1% chance per year, influenced by lots of factors within your control), but my emphasis on growth allowed for the rise of a serial killer that targeted my human colonists and cut their tongues out. The humans kept yelling DO SOMETHING, but my only crime fighting options at the time were throwing up a few guard towers staffed with a couple unarmed peons...better than nothing, I guess. Right around the time my guards nabbed a dwarf vandal, the murders stopped. What a coincidence! I had the option of putting the dwarf to death just to be sure, but I'd risk upsetting the other dwarves that are already a pain to keep happy. The humans forgot about the serial killer after I upgraded the bathrooms.

The research system is also kind of wild: you have to assign *a shitload* of researchers to generate research points, and your point generation can not only stagnate, but it can actually regress if researchers stop working. Your colonists' stats influence point generation, and I'm working on building an education system (fueled by paper production!) to make some real strides. I'm nowhere near the tech I need to slow down research regression, but it's there!

Game's good...feels like it's really starting to open up.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

yakuza and orb

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'm splitting my time between CrossCode and some modded X-COM: UFO DEFENSE, the latter using The Final Modpack with another mod that boosts soldier stats but increases their costs tremendously. It's been interesting not having the rookie meat grinder so much but I'm probably going to have to dial it back a bit because just having loads of soldiers and focusing on equipment (harder to do this way) is just way smarter of a strategy.

Also considering making psi stuff line of sight only to make it more interesting, but I want to see if the psi-reliant enemies still are in this one, not looking to trivialize anything, not that such a thing is even possible on a hardmode modpack of an already merciless game. A Hong Kong terror site night mission awaits next time I load it up and I don't even know if I'm even close to getting laser weapons yet lol. Not that you NEED anything other than hi-ex, but things are about to get even trickier because almost all progression is locked behind captures and I finally got alien containment, so now I have to put people on stun rod duty as well!

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

No, not yet. After orb was done I went back to check on my long term number-go-up game: Melvor Idle.

I capped out my mining at level 120, stargazing at level 120, and my smithing to level 120. I'm at 78 Township tasks completed. It is humming along.

I've broken time in that game by modding it. But like... It is a RuneScape made by the RuneScape people, so I don't use time manipulation too much, defeats the point of playing a RuneScape.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

So many games. Maybe I should just play yakuza 4. That'd be one less yakuza

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
One of these days I'll finally play a yakuza game all the way through. its been my one gamer's achilles heel

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I am several chapters into Yakuza 8, have defeated the boss of the biggest gang on Oahu (voiced by and modeled after Danny Trejo), and still haven't unlocked the job system yet

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

quote:

lol

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Lmfao

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
thinking bout thos orbs

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I decided to actually figure out how to do an image editing thing :)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
It was update day. Here is the stuff I found important or cared about.

There was also some story stuff and new lines added to tease star wars event.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

oooo I've been meaning to get around to this, maybe this is the move

it was surprisingly really good. also apparently has a poo poo load of secret content and classes and junk that me and my friends completely missed

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

The first npc in the new dlc sells a ring that immunizes to root rot, 10/10.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

anyway im replaying Grim Dawn with the dlc and it remains secret GOAT arpg, especially after the most recent patch added Diablo IV style evasion and a ton more flex to ur build

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

stumblebum posted:

it's too bad that the fallout show is set after the collapse of the ncr and not during it
yeah i'd have found it much more interesting of a concept to show how the NCR's expansionist imperialism and neoliberalism (in a setting where the "old west" is the best you can have in terms of resources) has hard limits (which are notably alluded to in new vegas) rather than use it as simply background information for a reset button for the setting which some people really like but i'm honestly kind of tired of

a funny aspect of the fallout tv show discourse is that bethesda's much-hated emil p. actually tried to argue with the showrunners against destroying the NCR. the amount of people who recognize this account for probably low hundreds at best.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I've started the new Remnant 2 DLC and already found a dungeon by jumping from a cliff into a waterfall. Hell yeah we're back

To the guy who's thinking about giving it a try, outside of a few very hidden things (like the Engineer archetype which extremely rules) don't look up the secrets. There is so much hidden poo poo in basically every dungeon and it's a joy to solve the puzzles and find the secrets and get rewarded with cool guns, or rings/amulets that enable wild builds.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

SirSamVimes posted:

I've started the new Remnant 2 DLC and already found a dungeon by jumping from a cliff into a waterfall. Hell yeah we're back

To the guy who's thinking about giving it a try, outside of a few very hidden things (like the Engineer archetype which extremely rules) don't look up the secrets. There is so much hidden poo poo in basically every dungeon and it's a joy to solve the puzzles and find the secrets and get rewarded with cool guns, or rings/amulets that enable wild builds.

is it still mostly a co-op only game or does it play well solo? i thought the first game was kinda middling at best while soloing

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

genericnick posted:

So many games. Maybe I should just play yakuza 4. That'd be one less yakuza

You can just skip that one.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

aw sweet they put jolyne cujoh in fortnite

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

MeatwadIsGod posted:

You can just skip that one.

Wrong, 4 is good (though I played it before the terrible removal of the actor who played Tanimura - the new weird fake person Tanimura sucks).

I consider it to be a sort of lesser Y5. It shares Y5's thing where the plot hooks you in a "page-turner" way even though it's dumb as hell and I couldn't tell you what happened in either Y4 or Y5 now. But I thoroughly enjoyed myself playing both games.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

dwarf fortress generated a Poster

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Xaris posted:

is it still mostly a co-op only game or does it play well solo? i thought the first game was kinda middling at best while soloing

It's much better solo than the previous game, though still more fun in co-op.

I recommend being the class that is just "Has a dog", because if you die the dog can bring you a health stone to revive you once every couple of minutes. It's also good in co-op because you can direct the dog to revive your buddies! Also the dog's official name in the data is Very Good Boy.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

Vox Nihili posted:

gelder? like someone who castrates horses?

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

would prefer my operation conducted by a master in that department

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

rudecyrus posted:

Yes.

Also note: Grand Master Biter

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Vox Nihili posted:

rudecyrus posted:

Who said anything about horses?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

A Michael Bay standin keeps popping up in Yakuza 8 sidequests and they named him James Taylor

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
[frank from blue velvet voice] ILL GELD ANYTHING THAT MOVES

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
really though, i'd never gently caress with a novice gelder myself

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Al! posted:

[frank from blue velvet voice] ILL GELD ANYTHING THAT MOVES

[Robert de Niro voice from Meet the Parents] I've got balls, Greg. Could you geld me?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Installing Remnant 2 after a successful forting of nites

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

remnant 2 is one of the many 2023 releases that would have been goty if it were in a normal year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

SirSamVimes posted:

Oh drat nice.