Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Platystemon posted:

I would simply use radio waves, which naturally move in straight lines and half again as fast as light in glass.

they're literally doing this now, taking over the shortwave radio bands to do HFT from chi to philly. they don't have licensing for it and are infringing on spectrum but nobody can do anything because Money > Laws. They're also talking about resurrecting the old AT&T Long Lines system for HFT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

shyduck posted:

Tesla missed on earnings and revenue

Stock is up 7% after hours

I don’t understand anything about this hosed up planet

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Strong Sauce posted:

sorry if someone already posted this

No emissions so they can't hosepipe through the window their way to Mars, which leaves drowning, shotgun or standing in front of it in a propeller hat and blackface while FSD is on

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Head of investor relations resigned from Tesla at the end of the call

I'm sure it's fine

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
That's incredible

I love Tesla

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jonny 290 posted:

they're literally doing this now, taking over the shortwave radio bands to do HFT from chi to philly. they don't have licensing for it and are infringing on spectrum but nobody can do anything because Money > Laws. They're also talking about resurrecting the old AT&T Long Lines system for HFT

Just play mariachi music on the frequencies they’re using bingo bango problem solved.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

shyduck posted:

I'm sure it's fine

He was pure evil.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

shyduck posted:

I'm sure it's fine

That's another 5% gain, easily.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

I could fix that in 10 minutes with an electric drill

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

redshirt posted:

That's another 5% gain, easily.

Tesla is up 11% in after hours (+$16)

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

some highlights

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

shyduck posted:

I'm sure it's fine

what the lolling gently caress?!

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
I can’t wait to see how crappy a $25k Tesla is

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Gimme 56 billion dollars or the robot gets it

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Stupid Elon sold his own company out to BYD for short term gains. Times up.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

the 25k tesla is just a regular 60k tesla with the promise you'll save 35k on fuel while you spend 80k on extras and maintenance

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

biznatchio posted:

Didn't they have that exact same water pooling issue with their other models?

Of course not! The others have an entirely different water pooling issue. Namely it pools up in the air filters so you get mold.

Teslas are always trying to kill you, if they can't do it directly, they'll do it with respiratory issues

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
lol tesla +12.2%

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
the 25k tesla is a bicycle

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Lol and also lmao

Guy's seriously I need these extra shares in case a sentient robot just shows up and takes over

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

holtemon posted:

Lol and also lmao

Guy's seriously I need these extra shares in case a sentient robot just shows up and takes over

Wasn't it more "I need these shares or else a sentient robot will show up and take over. I could stop it, but without 56 billion what's the point?"

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
If Tesla really thought they were close to solving autonomy, they wouldn't be selling the cars, at best they would be leasing them out until they "solved it".

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

look, if we invent a new lifeform capable of subjugating all of mankind all i'm saying is that i need to be the one in charge of it

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

he needs to be around to make sure it's not woke

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

At the very bottom of this picture, the tip of triangle panel that's curling outwards is the funniest thing. Like an envelope that's not quite sealed.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

gay picnic defence posted:

It's probably Kathy Wood buying even more tesla stock after hours

MKBHD controls the market

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

spunkshui posted:

MKBHD controls the market

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52O3cYsyZMo

By coincidence he has another Tesla video ready to drop just a few hours before the earnings call. Attaboy.

Kale
May 14, 2010

:lol: Elon will die on the hill of allowing a church stabbing video to stay up figuring it's public knowledge and demanding to know if the PM of Australia speaks for everyone, but will completely capitulate before Modi and take down a BBC doc about him because it's critical of him effectively allowing an Indian PM to dictate what a British news agency half way around the world can say about him.

gently caress right off will how blatantly the guy toadies to right wing totalitarians and picks fights with relatively normal democratic leaders around the same issue of who gets to demand takedowns of what. If it was Vladimir Putin, Javier Millei or Viktor Orban asking the video be removed he'd be looking into it faster than you can post (!)

Kale fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Apr 24, 2024

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Honda has announced a three second advertising pause in response to Elon musk tweeting out his collection of gore vids

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Truly his politics are inscrutable; I guess that’s just the nature of a mercurial playboy billionaire

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Sadly predictable.

Crackbone posted:

Looking forward to the 20m of joy when the horrific Tesla Q1 numbers come out, before the sadness when the stock inexplicably rises 10%.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
The stock market is just rich people going "Oh hey I can make a ton of money from this thing" or "I'm sad."

Sometimes being able to make a ton of money means loving over the poor, causing chaos, or making something or someone stupid -very popular.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Oh the person being stabbed was an Assyrian Bishop and probably a hate motivated stabbing so no wonder he wants it to stay up. If it were a white dude he'd almost certainly have no issue complying all the same I imagine either. gently caress Elon Musk so loving hard, he's gotta be the most blatantly racist famous person out their right now that won't ever STFU. He almost makes Trump seem tolerable on some days even.

e: Apparently it's more of a religiously motivated thing and the assailant was Muslim so it's probably more something like he wants it to stay up to portray the religion as hateful for something. Either that or he just gets his rocks off on seeing non-white people getting stabbed live. Every other social media company had no problem complying with requests to remove all videos of the incident unsurprisingly just leaving him to die on the hill of snuff poo poo and glorification of violence.

e2: Yeah this incident sounds extremely like Elon's sort of poo poo in a layered sort of way so no wonder he's dying on the hill. He gets it all with this one, brown people getting stabbed violently and collapsing, religiously motivated violence of Muslim on Christian (allegedly), brown people also being portrayed as violent. Just all around gross on brand Elon "concerning" racism poo poo.

Kale fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Apr 24, 2024

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It’s incredible how Nazi and destructive this guy is

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I hope Musk opens a lot of people's eyes to the reality that billionaires are loving idiots and have way too much influence.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

kazil posted:

yo what in the gently caress

All the professionals and anybody who hangs out online and paid attention knew as of at least Sunday that Tesla was going to miss profits and revenues. (Yahoo Finance published it then.) That means they sold their stock ASAP Monday morning, to get the best price they could before the official statement. That's what people mean about "priced in": by Monday noon at the very latest the stock value was already discounted as much as the earnings could hurt it. Now the earnings statement has come out, the stock's at a low, and if you still want Tesla stock you can buy it at the new low ... driving the price up.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Can't wait to hear about those $25k cars in August

PoPcornTG
Mar 26, 2007

Dogs day afternoon
Bleak Gremlin

morningdrew posted:

He didn't say what year!

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

morningdrew posted:

Infrastructure week is for suckers

get ready for ULTRAstructure week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

morningdrew posted:

Coming out next year! Preorder now, give us deposits, do not buy another company's car.'

Just like he said in 2019 with the semi, "you'll have your truck in 2 years"