Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

mawarannahr posted:

A part of me is actually legitimately concerned if he's trying to do this on purpose to further rally his base and trying to pull a Hitler.

Who's appointing him Chancellor of Germany...? :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

yes, the reason people want their student debt to be paid off is "to uplift our economy." :wtc:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

i am very disappointed that it was not put to a vote, so that i could vote against my own amendment because i loving love the genocide of palestinians.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Legendary comedian shreds anti-Israel college students at Columbia: ‘You’re supposed to be smart'

https://www.foxnews.com/media/legendary-comedian-shreds-anti-israel-college-students-columbia-supposed-smart

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Yeah, I dunno if you’d call him legendary

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Yeah, I dunno if you’d call him legendary

He did some funny stuff back when, shame about the full throated support of genocide

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Uncle Wemus posted:

Legendary comedian shreds anti-Israel college students at Columbia: ‘You’re supposed to be smart'

https://www.foxnews.com/media/legendary-comedian-shreds-anti-israel-college-students-columbia-supposed-smart

this is not the ticket

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
it stinks, imo

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Is there any polling in general for what percentage of jewish people aren’t totally in favor of the current genocide?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Hi! This is Adrianna calling from InSight America. Do you have a few minutes to answer some questions about issues that may be important to your household?

Great!

First, do you or anyone in your household identify as a Jew?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

quote:

"What the hell are you being taught?" the comedian asked, adding, "Think logically and quit being sheep & being used by your professors."

no :ironicat: big enough.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Al! posted:

it stinks, imo

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
lmao @ biden's cannibal story, it's simply factually untrue but pieces of poo poo like yglesias or whoever have to gaslight us as if the issue is cannibalism in new guinea as a broader topic

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
It's gonna be hilarious when against all odds and current recorded history, he cornpops us and it turns out his grandpa did get cannibalized

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I can't tell if Yglesias is being serious. On one hand, he's saying something completely insane and deranged, but it sounds like even his buddies couldn't figure out if he was joking (and it makes zero sense as a joke, since it's literally just "proposing the US invade a country"). And he says "evan as a joke" which implies it isn't?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Calling it now, that's gonna be the October surprise

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
Biden: "And I went to the moon, Jack! Me and Barack played ball up there!"

Anyone: "That's not true."

Media shits: "Heh, you morons think we never went to the moon?"

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The party told you to believe that the leader's uncle had been eaten by cannibals. It was their final, most essential command.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

I can't tell if Yglesias is being serious. On one hand, he's saying something completely insane and deranged, but it sounds like even his buddies couldn't figure out if he was joking (and it makes zero sense as a joke, since it's literally just "proposing the US invade a country"). And he says "evan as a joke" which implies it isn't?

Haha just joking... unless

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

HashtagGirlboss posted:

He did some funny stuff back when, shame about the full throated support of genocide

Mom and Dad Save the World is an all timer

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/mattyglesias/status/1782883696049115646

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Hi! This is Adrianna calling from InSight America. Do you have a few minutes to answer some questions about issues that may be important to your household?

Great!

First, do you or anyone in your household identify as a Jew?

lol

but it's actually ridiculously easy to get people to tell you that stuff over the phone (or online), especially if you're not using it as a screening criteria and can put it with other demographic questions at the end of the survey

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

The party told you to believe that the leader's uncle had been eaten by cannibals. It was their final, most essential command.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
Biden is such a lying sack of poo poo, he belongs back in the '70s bullshitting the Kiwanis or whoever. Totally shameless scumbag to just say oh yeah I got arrested trying to visit Mandela or w/e.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

Biden is such a lying sack of poo poo, he belongs back in the '70s bullshitting the Kiwanis or whoever. Totally shameless scumbag to just say oh yeah I got arrested trying to visit Mandela or w/e.

president aoc age 81: "when I was a senator in 2024, I was arrested at Columbia University for condemning Hamas"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://x.com/thehill/status/1782935101870903617

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

hahahaha

"frustrations" give me a break lol the people support a ceasefire at minimum

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

it's even better in context

vulnerable how!?!?!??!?! she won handily........

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

I think this just how older white men are. They were rewarded for lying constantly and literally began to convince themselves that the lies are truth.

So they end up as old men with a huge list of complete bullshit they constantly tell other people.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Al! posted:

vulnerable in that the party brass doesn't like her and is supporting her challengers. I wouldn't be surprised if they swing behind Hayes or cut her re-election funding for the general

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Al! posted:

Doesn't seem to bode well for AIPAC if they can't claim a "Squad" scalp, but probably Bowman and a few others really are toast.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

mawarannahr posted:

president aoc age 81: "when I was a senator in 2024, I was arrested at Columbia University for condemning Hamas"
she was bartending faujitos at the protests

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

Al! posted:

I was curious what her past results were and it's a substantially greater margin than her 2022 primary in the same district https://ballotpedia.org/Pennsylvania%27s_12th_Congressional_District_election,_2022, which was apparently a close race (41.9 vs 41.0%), so it seems her approval has only gone up.

I wonder what all the media literacy people would say about this flagrant propaganda. She's literally winning over an order of magnitude harder.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

fits my needs posted:

she was bartending faujitos at the protests

So, this bartender thing, how much of it was the real deal, and how much was she left a staff position or something a year out specifically to set up this run?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Gumball Gumption posted:

Haha just joking... unless

what would you do if i was in the bay of pigs right now? haha, but for real…

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

So, this bartender thing, how much of it was the real deal, and how much was she left a staff position or something a year out specifically to set up this run?

she was some staffer or intern, but we purposefully underpay all those people so holding down a second job is normal if you're not from family money

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

mawarannahr posted:

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1782916332771504451?t=beJ7qFY1GsYSsuDDqzUC5A&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

PoundSand posted:

I was curious what her past results were and it's a substantially greater margin than her 2022 primary in the same district https://ballotpedia.org/Pennsylvania%27s_12th_Congressional_District_election,_2022, which was apparently a close race (41.9 vs 41.0%), so it seems her approval has only gone up.

I wonder what all the media literacy people would say about this flagrant propaganda. She's literally winning over an order of magnitude harder.

It's written by an AI trained on Dem party press releases