Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

23 Skidoo posted:

Does anybody reckon that the Switch successor will be announced at Nintendo Live Sydney 2024?

As an Ausgoon, I hope so.

Tokyo Game Show, September.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Rocket Pan posted:

Forsaken isn't on Switch, only PC and Xbox.
I actually googled to check first, but I was at the pub on my phone so I probably misread.

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

The Kins posted:

I actually googled to check first, but I was at the pub on my phone so I probably misread.

I warned you about having 8 rum and cokes.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

23 Skidoo posted:

Does anybody reckon that the Switch successor will be announced at Nintendo Live Sydney 2024?

As an Ausgoon, I hope so.

Interesting little article from GameSpot published yesterday

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Incredible that people can turn 'don't know' into so many words.

Well I dunno if actual people were involved in that.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I'd go ahead and postulate that Betteridge's Law of Headlines has a corollary stating that all console news leaks are wrong

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Soul Dentist posted:

I'd go ahead and postulate that Betteridge's Law of Headlines has a corollary stating that all console news leaks are wrong
I mean when you have people guessing that the Switch 2 is coming out or getting announced every day since March 4th 2017, eventually someone's going to hit the dart into the bull's-eye, even if they're blindfolded and wearing noise-canceling headphones. :v:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mister Facetious posted:

Tokyo Game Show, September.

Nintendo direct special presentation in January, announced like ten hours in advance

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mephesto Zieg posted:

I really like strategy games in theory but am terrible at them, I've purchased and attempted to play few of them but never get very far. I made it through about half of Mario Rabbids 1 and a few missions into the sequel and made it through the first few levels of Into the Breach. Any recommendations for something that will hold my hand a bit more until it clicks? Basically babies first strategy game?

If you don't mind the other half of the game being a (very good) visual novel, 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim has some excellent tower defense strategy gameplay.

Gorilla Radio posted:

They released Extreme-G and Iggy's Reckin' Balls on NSO.

With Acclaim/Iguana games now getting put on, wonder if we'll get the Turoks?

Edit: vvv Are they? Phone posting so didn't have chance to look.

Actually, gently caress Turok. FORSAKEN!!!

Oh poo poo, I love me some Extreme G! :stwoon:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Tried playing Battletoads in Battlemaniacs last night and level five is impossible even with rewind. What the gently caress.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They never expected anyone to get that far

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mephesto Zieg posted:

I really like strategy games in theory but am terrible at them, I've purchased and attempted to play few of them but never get very far. I made it through about half of Mario Rabbids 1 and a few missions into the sequel and made it through the first few levels of Into the Breach. Any recommendations for something that will hold my hand a bit more until it clicks? Basically babies first strategy game?
Give Fire Emblem Engage a try, it's a great game and very forgiving

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Actually, If we're getting Acclaim N64 games, I wonder if we'll see the South Park game turn up as well.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Actually, If we're getting Acclaim N64 games, I wonder if we'll see the South Park game turn up as well.

Nobody could actually "see" anything in that foggy-rear end game.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Sakurazuka posted:

They never expected anyone to get that far

Game development is like Mario Maker in the sense that it is illegal for developers to release a game they cannot beat for themselves.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Rocket robot on wheels
Space station silicon valley
Mega Man 64
Body harvest
Castlevania 64 and Legacy of Darkness

These would be good games for the N64 app that don't have valuable IP attached to them

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

DLC Inc posted:

Nintendo would rather die than put Ogre Battle or Mischief Makers on the service, fully expecting Chameleon Twist and Fighter Destiny 2 to be next lol

Chameleon Twist is good begone with this slander

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Rocket robot on wheels
Space station silicon valley
Mega Man 64
Body harvest
Castlevania 64 and Legacy of Darkness

These would be good games for the N64 app that don't have valuable IP attached to them

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that, if you haven't played it in the last 5 years, Body Harvest might live a better life in your memories. It is janky af.

I had a similar experience recently with Rise of the Triad. Yes, the Ludicrous Edition looks like a nice package, but at its core, ROTT is a game that I had way more fun with back in the day when I wasn't allowed to play Doom (ROTT snuck in under the radar, since it wasn't as publicized as Doom was, plus I never played it around my parents).

Once you play literally any other shooter made after, say, Doom 2, with a few exceptions, ROTT is just so, so tedious. And any open world after Body Harvest likely did that to it, respectively.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Looking forward to when it's time to rock with the bickety Buck Bumble.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Body harvest is historically interesting as a predecessor to the 3d GTA games

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

jackhunter64 posted:

I thinking that right about now it's time to rock.

I just want SF RUSH please!
And Vigilante 8.

I miss arcade racer games.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Body harvest is historically interesting as a predecessor to the 3d GTA games

No argument there.

To me, it's like seeing a toothbrush from like 1800 in a museum.

"Huh, neat. What? No, I don't want to use it, ugh."

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gorilla Radio posted:

They released Extreme-G and Iggy's Reckin' Balls on NSO.

With Acclaim/Iguana games now getting put on, wonder if we'll get the Turoks?

Edit: vvv Are they? Phone posting so didn't have chance to look.

Actually, gently caress Turok. FORSAKEN!!!

Would love to play the Extreme G sequels and will give Iggy out of curiosity at least. Was one of those N64 games I saw in the magazines and thought looked so weird but would never waste money on.

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007
Is there a case that snugly fits the Switch console without the Joy-Cons?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

Nintendo would rather die than put Ogre Battle or Mischief Makers on the service, fully expecting Chameleon Twist and Fighter Destiny 2 to be next lol

Both of those are third party games, Nintendo can't do poo poo unless the studio(s) involved want to.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

Nintendo would rather die than put Ogre Battle or Mischief Makers on the service
Those are both under the Squeenix umbrella. I don't think any of their library is on Switch Online?

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
I remember renting Iggy’s when I was a kid and being underwhelmed, but this is fun (if a bit janky) and the music slaps.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

jackhunter64 posted:

Argonaut's defunct, but Ubisoft published it, so it's not entirely impossible we could see a similar twofer of Buck Bumble and Rocket: Robot on Wheels.

It's incredibly unlikely, but a man can dream, dammit! :negative:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

The Kins posted:

Those are both under the Squeenix umbrella. I don't think any of their library is on Switch Online?

OB64 was on Wii and WiiU so I’ve just assumed it was something Squeenix was fine loaning out. For all I know it’s on the docket but everything is dripfed to an excruciating level.

In reality my dream pick is Flying Dragon which might be possible given it is Natsume, would be the weirdest and most unique game they could add.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Argonaut's defunct, but Ubisoft published it, so it's not entirely impossible we could see a similar twofer of Buck Bumble and Rocket: Robot on Wheels.

It's incredibly unlikely, but a man can dream, dammit! :negative:

Rocket was fun when I rented it from Blockbuster back in the day.

I want Space Station Silicon Valley. Take-two published it, so it's possible.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

This thread's been real good at willing game ports into existence, now

beer gas canister posted:

Gimme Tetrisphere

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Whens Hatris

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

chibi robo remaster

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Wetrix and chill

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

beer gas canister posted:

Gimme Tetrisphere

Calgary Alberta Canada.

1995 or 1996. Looking for work. Stumbled right into h2o's office building floor. Silicon Graphics workstations everywhere. Played an early alpha or beta with David Pridie, who absolutely kicked my rear end.

Met Neil Voss who wrote the soundtrack with Fasttracker 2 on a then state of the art Pentium machine.

Shadowed there for a bit. They even set up a developer profile for me on one of the Indy's.

I remember being rushed out of the room because someone from Nintendo wanted to see the game and I was just a guest.

e:I wrote a game for my Amiga and demoed it live for some of the team there. The game was awful, but it was cool to get feedback from real professionals.

Very cool memories.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Apr 24, 2024

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

chibi robo remaster

Please Nintendo, don't make me hook up the Wii or Gamecube just to do a playthrough again.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

SilentChaz posted:

Please Nintendo, don't make me hook up the Wii or Gamecube just to do a playthrough again.

i rented it and thought it was neat, but never bought it and now i never will cuz pricing for it is thoroughly hosed

at least i bought cubivore back then

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

DLC Inc posted:

hatty posted:

Chameleon Twist is good begone with this slander

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Clayfighters 63 1/3 or bust!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT