Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

a neat cape posted:

Rome and JPJ? I'd loving dance naked in the street

Was this assuming the tampering penalty of the Falcons swapping picks with the Vikings?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

unl33t posted:

Was this assuming the tampering penalty of the Falcons swapping picks with the Vikings?

I have no idea. I can only assume the Chargers traded down with the Vikings and then traded back up with ATL to get to 8

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

surf rock posted:

I've come to believe that Washington will draft Daniels and that he will have a point-for-point recreation of RGIII's career.

Devin Leary can be the next Kirk Cousins.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Peter Schrager is putting it out that he thinks all top 6 QBs go in the first round and apparently, in the top half and there will be a number of teams trading all over the joint.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Peter Schrager is putting it out that he thinks all top 6 QBs go in the first round and apparently, in the top half and there will be a number of teams trading all over the joint.

Let's just have fun

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that sounds like a good idea for 6 qbs and 7 wrs to go in the first 17 picks. i'm wanting something else 😼

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

a neat cape posted:

Let's just have fun

Tryna think how you squeeze all 6 into the top half of the draft without trade wackiness.

1. Caleb Williams
2. Jayden Daniels
3. Drake Maye
6. JJ McCarthy
11. Nix / Penix
12 - denver
13 - raiders
16 - Seahawks

I guess I could see it. pretty easily now I look at it.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
Chargers are gonna begin the Harbaugh Dynasty with two firsts this year and another third next year. Sheesh.

E: Cardinals are asking for a 2025 first in addition to the two-firsts that the Vikings are offering this year.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Cardinals have something like 11 picks in this draft alone, if they play their cards right they could build a serious roster very quickly.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Still kinda feels like the JJ McCarthy trade up will probably only happen in the 8-9 range if at all. Vikings might be able to sit tight at 11.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

kiimo posted:

I traded up for the Jets to take Jayden Daniels no regerts

edit: podcast draft, lots of drinks and trades. Sorry about the format, looking forward to defending dumb picks. gently caress Aaron Rodgers

1 Bears Caleb Williams
2 Commanders Joe Alt
3 Patriots Drake Maye
4 Cardinals Marvin Harrison Jr
5 Vikings JJ McCarthy
6 Giants Malik Nabers
7 Jets Jayden Daniels
8 Chargers Rome Odunze
9 Bears Taliese Fuaga
10 Titans Olu Fashanu
11 Falcons Laiatu Latu
12 Broncos Dallas Turner
13 Raiders Terrion Arnold
14 Saints JC Latham
15 Lions Quinyon Mitchell
16 Chiefs Brian Thomas Jr.
17 Dolphins MA Brock Bowers
18 Bengals Byron Murphy II
19 Rams Johnny Newton
20 Steelers Troy Fautanu
21 Jags Jared Verse
22 Eagles Cooper DeJean
23 Chargers Jackson Power Johnson
24 Cowboys Ariaius Mims
25 Packers Tyler Guyton
26 Buccaneers Nate Wiggins
27 Cardinals Darius Robinson
28 Bills Chop Robinson
29 Colts Adonai Mitchell
30 Ravens Graham Barton
31 49ers Xavier Worthy
32 Seahawks Micheal Penix Jr

Seems like 8/10 mocks put Cooper DeJean on the Eagles. I'm not opposed to it but it did make me want to go in a different direction for the goon mock draft.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Apr 24, 2024

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I am going to be so mad when the Patriots draft JJ McCarthy 3rd

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

BlindSite posted:

The more QBs that go before #25 the happier I (and like 20 other teams) will be.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

If Joe Alt and the three big WRs are gone by 9, I think the Bears either need to take Dallas Turner or trade down with someone.

I can't believe Bowers fell to #17 in that mock.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Still laughing at Brandon Weeden 10 years later

https://twitter.com/JasonLisk/status/1782780308212896071

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

From Graziano and Fowler's notebook.

quote:

I've been told the Giants and Vikings are the two teams that have been most active in discussions with the Patriots about the No. 3 pick, and that if Washington takes Daniels at No. 2, the Giants would be very interested in trading up to No. 3 for Maye. I've also been told in recent days that the Giants like Penix and might even be willing to take him as high as No. 6. There's a lot of chatter flying around, but what is clear is that the Giants have done significant work on the quarterbacks and are very open, if not desperate, to come out of Thursday night with one of them.
-----------
One thing to keep in mind: New Chargers GM Joe Hortiz has a long-standing relationship with Jets GM Joe Douglas from their days together in Baltimore. And Douglas, who picks 10th overall, has proven a willing trade partner, though the Jets aren't hunting for a quarterback and might be less inclined to move. The Cardinals and Chargers both need receiver help big-time, and if Arizona stays put, most teams I've talked to believe Ohio State's Marvin Harrison Jr. would be the favorite there.
-----------
The people I talk to think we're likely to see more trades in the second half of the first round than in the first half. The Colts (No. 15), Jaguars (No. 17), Rams (No. 19) and Eagles (No. 22) are all teams I've heard have been making calls about potentially moving up.

For the Colts and Jaguars, the target would most likely be a cornerback, which might be interesting to a team like Chicago at No. 9 or Denver at No. 12. Having two division rivals battling it out to trade up for the same guy (maybe Alabama's Terrion Arnold?) could drive up the price. People I've talked to believe the Eagles want to try to move up for a receiver, though one theory I found very interesting and potentially hilarious is that they could move up for tight end Brock Bowers, given their recent predilection for Georgia players. If the Rams move up, it would be to get one of their top targets on defense.

The Bengals at No. 18 are also worth watching for a potential trade-up. They like Alabama offensive tackle JC Latham a lot and could stand to bolster the line, but they may need to move up to get someone in that tier. Otherwise, watch for Cincinnati to bolster the interior of its defensive line following the offseason departure of defensive tackle DJ Reader via free agency.
-----------
The Bills will basically scour the Earth for receiver help this draft. Word is that they love Odunze and loosely know what it would take to acquire him. Do I expect Buffalo to trade up for him? No, that's a steep climb into the top 10. But that's a window into the legwork that Buffalo is doing on the WR position.

I can see the Jets trading up for MHJ only if QBs go 1-4. Otherwise he's already gone to the Cards.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1783084094001172969

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Every team above the Bears should follow this chart and not take a WR

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

gently caress you billy price

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

post the podcast I want to hear the reactions to you taking Alt

shock and awe I tell you

a neat cape posted:

I have no idea. I can only assume the Chargers traded down with the Vikings and then traded back up with ATL to get to 8

One of the podcasters is a huge Vikings fan and he's enamored with JJ that's how this happened. And that's exactly what went down.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
that one center miss lol

the bengals are garbage

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

If Joe Alt and the three big WRs are gone by 9, I think the Bears either need to take Dallas Turner or trade down with someone.

You can't? Dude is short, light and there is a long history of first round tight ends being over-valued. I like him but if any position is going to fall I think Tight End is the position to do it.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I'm phone posting so don't have spreadsheets in front of me but uh pretty sure He's the same height as Sam Laporta and roughly the same size as Sam Laporta.

He's sized perfectly fine. Unless you are planning on just having him do nothing but dumbass 90s -00s in line tight end play.

Yeah he's small compared to loving Gronk. Like most dudes are.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Apr 24, 2024

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

kiimo posted:

You can't? Dude is short, light and there is a long history of first round tight ends being over-valued. I like him but if any position is going to fall I think Tight End is the position to do it.

It's more that Bowers is far and away the best TE in the draft, and there's a very steep drop-off after he's off the board. If you need a TE this draft, he is the guy.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Let's say it's 2 QBs, 3 WRs, alt, Bowers, turner for top 8. And no one wants to trade up since the QBs are falling.

Who do you want in that scenario?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

trevorreznik posted:

Let's say it's 2 QBs, 3 WRs, alt, Bowers, turner for top 8. And no one wants to trade up since the QBs are falling.

Who do you want in that scenario?

Trade down for a second rounder, grab an edge with the late first round pick and grab a decent WR in round 2.

But if no one wants to trade, maybe take a risky pick at Laitu, but I'm worried about his neck.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dexo posted:

I'm phone posting so don't have spreadsheets in front of me but uh pretty sure He's the same height as Sam Laporta and roughly the same size as Sam Laporta.

He's sized perfectly fine. Unless you are planning on just having him do nothing but dumbass 90s -00s in line tight end play.

Yeah he's small compared to loving Gronk. Like most dudes are.

LaPorta was also drafted in the second round at #34.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

It's more that Bowers is far and away the best TE in the draft, and there's a very steep drop-off after he's off the board. If you need a TE this draft, he is the guy.

There are a couple of tight ends who I like who obviously aren't nearly as polished as Bowers is but are interesting and similarly athletic.

I would probably rather take them later unless I absolutely needed a player to contribute right away(hey Jets).

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I think it would be swell if four QBs go in order and that Alt and Nabers go next so that the Titans get MHJ

Trying to convince myself that MHJ hurt his stock by not doing public football things all draft process.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

LaPorta was also drafted in the second round at #34.

Yeah and I think Bowers is a significantly better prospect than LaPorta was

Will he end up a better pro I don't know maybe but probably not but just as far as scouting a prospect yeah

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sam Laporta is the exception not the rule I'd say. There's nothing wrong with the top TE going 17 when he's a little undersized.

I like Brock Bowers, just saying if you have a top 10 pick I can see going with something safer when that guy is 6-3 240 which is below prototypical size at a position that busts a lot

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
The last time the Jets took a TE in the top 10 it worked out great. The legend of Kyle Brady.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i know 240lbs is listed everywhere but bowers looks smaller than big 235lb wrs like dk metcalf

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I don't think it's some travesty if he falls to 17.

My general defense of Brock Bowers is I think it is defensible to draft him anywhere past like 7 or so. If you have a plan to use him well. If your OC or playcaller is someone who is creative and knows how use packages and plays to mess with defenses and get them off balance then draft away.

I don't think that about most playcallers in the NFL so that's why I would probably not draft him but if I had an OC that was banging the table for him and could show me how he was going to be used in the offense and maximized I would draft him probably over any of the receiving options past the top three WR.

He is the ultimate beauty is in the eye of the beholder pick.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Trade down for a second rounder, grab an edge with the late first round pick and grab a decent WR in round 2.

But if no one wants to trade, maybe take a risky pick at Laitu, but I'm worried about his neck.

Yep I'm with you. It's a really rough spot to be in and I am very, very excited.

Bowers is one of those guys who has the talent to go top 10, but the top 10 mostly have bad coaches who can't use him right. Catch-22.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Soul Glo posted:

I think it would be swell if four QBs go in order and that Alt and Nabers go next so that the Titans get MHJ

Trying to convince myself that MHJ hurt his stock by not doing public football things all draft process.

If MHJ is not the first WR taken, then I think someone hosed up.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

If MHJ is on the board and the Chargers don't take him then I will be cross

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

If MHJ is not the first WR taken, then I think someone hosed up.

Nabers over MHJ is somewhat defensible. Nabers is a player who to me is capable of like single-handedly winning/stealing a game. That speed is just utterly gamebreaking.

I think MHJ is like the better "Outside Reciever" and technician at the position or whatever. But Nabers is the dude where like he can break one tackle on a slant and just be gone.

If you are seeking explosives, with a QB of questionable quality, I'd definitely go Nabers.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Vikings gonna trade up for Maye eh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/1783140039041466764

6 QB and 8 OT round one, who says no