Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Vikings gonna trade up for Maye eh?

They certainly are gonna try. Like they tried for Anthony Richardson last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Dexo posted:

Nabers over MHJ is somewhat defensible. Nabers is a player who to me is capable of like single-handedly winning/stealing a game. That speed is just utterly gamebreaking.

I think MHJ is like the better "Outside Reciever" and technician at the position or whatever. But Nabers is the dude where like he can break one tackle on a slant and just be gone.

If you are seeking explosives, with a QB of questionable quality, I'd definitely go Nabers.

I'd actually prefer Odunze over Nabers for the Chargers.

It's splitting hairs though

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

NO

gently caress OFF

FUUUUUUICK

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Yes, Brad Holmes. Do it.

Trade up for Jackson Powers-Johnson.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Gonz posted:

Yes, Brad Holmes. Do it.

Trade up for Jackson Powers-Johnson.

no wait don't

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Give me all the chaos.
https://twitter.com/PSchrags/status/1783161262769098962

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Dexo posted:

They certainly are gonna try. Like they tried for Anthony Richardson last year.

Tons of rumors in the inner circles that Minnesota jumping to grab him is already basically done. Curious if it’s true

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

Tons of rumors in the inner circles that Minnesota jumping to grab him is already basically done. Curious if it’s true

But jumping up with whom!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

a neat cape posted:

WHO’S THE MYSTERY TRADE PARTNER, BROTHER?!?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

From Jordan Schultz. Sounds like Chargers are leaning Alt if MHJ is off the board.

quote:

• #AZCardinals are driving a hard bargain to move back and are “more than happy” to take Marvin Harrison Jr. at 4
• #Chargers have explored moving down from 5, but are content staying put — likely to take an OT
• #Bears aren’t married to WR at 9 — OT and EDGE are also options, while trading down remains a possibility as well
• #Raiders are a candidate to move up for QB, but it’s going to be tough to get past 9
• #Vikings more likely to keep 11+23 at this point, though they continue to explore all options

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

a neat cape posted:

#3 was the pick he said repeatedly. See if he’s right!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Diva Cupcake posted:

From Jordan Schultz. Sounds like Chargers are leaning Alt if MHJ is off the board.

Taking Alt is such a stupid move

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Also lol

https://twitter.com/ChasingSnyder/status/1782906926667366695

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
That list is bad. It's basically Burrow and kind of Baker. You could maybe make a case for Tannehill.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

wandler20 posted:

That list is bad. It's basically Burrow and kind of Baker. You could maybe make a case for Tannehill.

Listen I just thought the video was funny

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

wandler20 posted:

Reminder, Burrow never got a chance to actually play. Unlike most of those other players. Burrow exploded after his second year of actually playing and went into the draft like most good QB's do.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

SKULL.GIF posted:

LaPorta was also drafted in the second round at #34.

He was also considered the best tight end in last years class by a few people. I think scouting tight ends has gotten better the last few years. If he had been drafted in the first, nobody would be complaining right now.

I will bang the Brock Bowers drum. He is the guy who falls because of positional value in every draft that we all look back on and realize it was obvious he was gonna be a stud.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

a neat cape posted:

Listen I just thought the video was funny

I thought the list was equally as funny and I'm glad you posted it.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

LaPorta is a dog

it can't be measured in graphs

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I saw that Brock Bowers game vs Auburn, absurd amount of dog in him.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Be wild if the Chiefs ended up with Bowers.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

They can both be dawgs

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sataere posted:

He was also considered the best tight end in last years class by a few people.

This seems like a large amount of re-writing history I don't remember seeing ANYONE put LaPorta over Mayer or Kincaid

edit: not that it didn't happen

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Oh, wow. 'Buzz'. Well I for one am totally convinced

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Chargers are gonna begin the Harbaugh Dynasty with two firsts this year and another third next year. Sheesh.

E: Cardinals are asking for a 2025 first in addition to the two-firsts that the Vikings are offering this year.

Been saying this the whole time, 11 and 23, with a future third or something, is not enough, especially since they like their options there so much. A huge gap between talent from 4 to 11. I think it'll take three first rounders.

Sataere posted:

They can both be dawgs

But not if they're in the same kennel. Then one dawg will kill the other dawg

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

kiimo posted:

This seems like a large amount of re-writing history I don't remember seeing ANYONE put LaPorta over Mayer or Kincaid

I paid a ton of attention to last year's TEs because I was convinced the Packers were going to draft two (and I was right :colbert:).

Draft talk had Mayer/Kincaid as the 1a/1b for TE and it was a mild surprise that Mayer fell to the 2nd.

What was considered at the time to be the tier 2 TEs, was some mix of LaPorta, Washington, and Musgrave.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Or, maybe the Vikings part with Jefferson on draft night to make the difference??

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

kiimo posted:

what's up with Mayer anyway? I know it's the Raiders but I can't seem to remember hearing anything about him last season

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I completely forgot he existed

also I talked myself into drafting Zach Kuntz in dynasty last year and lol

edit: no idea who this clown is but I hope he's wrong

https://twitter.com/priceacarter/status/1782822300376571979

kiimo fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Apr 24, 2024

joe football
Dec 22, 2012

wandler20 posted:

Most qbs are going to be bad/disappointing so I think you'd get a similar list sorting for most criteria unless it's like 'was drafted first overall'

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I think a lot of the issues with TE is that most coaches don't know how to use TE.

I remember Tony Gonzales telling a story of when he was traded to a team Mike Malarkey was coaching and Mike told Tony that he didn't believe in using TEa as a pass catcher

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

kiimo posted:

My guy the tight end whisperer on the THFantaC podcast was all over LaPorta. I think the majority had Kincaid, but there were other people who loved LaPorta and Mayer as the the more complete players over him.

kiimo posted:

What's up fellow fourth round flyer on the RAS guy :respek:

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I think a lot of the issues with TE is that most coaches don't know how to use TE.

I remember Tony Gonzales telling a story of when he was traded to a team Mike Malarkey was coaching and Mike told Tony that he didn't believe in using TEa as a pass catcher

Now is as good a time as any to say "gently caress you Mike Martz!"

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

at some point between now and the draft do the rumors become more reliable? obviously there's probably more reliability a few minutes before each pick, but maybe things become more trustworthy tomorrow afternoon or something? so far it all seems like 'sources heard' or 'i'm speculating' or 'this makes too much sense'.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

abelwingnut posted:

at some point between now and the draft do the rumors become more reliable? obviously there's probably more reliability a few minutes before each pick, but maybe things become more trustworthy tomorrow afternoon or something? so far it all seems like 'sources heard' or 'i'm speculating' or 'this makes too much sense'.

You’ll start seeing leaks in the next 12 hours along with DJ’s final mock draft. Then poo poo will start hitting the fan.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

kiimo posted:

I completely forgot he existed

edit: no idea who this clown is but I hope he's wrong

https://twitter.com/priceacarter/status/1782822300376571979

listen to me kiimo: Hollywood Brown, Rashee Rice, Ladd McConkey as the starting 3 WRs.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Pron on VHS posted:

listen to me kiimo: Hollywood Brown, Rashee Rice, Ladd McConkey as the starting 3 WRs.

I think the Chiefs trade up to 25 to grab AD Mitchell. I also think the Packers are gonna trade down and grab Kool-Aid.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Chiefs are 100% taking Xavier Worthy.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

A Sneaker Broker posted:

I think the Chiefs trade up to 25 to grab AD Mitchell. I also think the Packers are gonna trade down and grab Kool-Aid.

I saw a mock where the Chiefs traded up with the Bucs and drafted Brian Thomas and the Bucs got JPJ and a third and that's like a dream scenario for me.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

In my eyes, it goes MHJ > Nabers > Odunze, but I would be absolutely thrilled to have any of those three at 9. I've already convinced myself they'll all be gone by then, though. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Also, Steve Smith SR put out his rankings for the WRs in this Draft Class:

https://x.com/SteveSmithSr89/status/1782790093230559510