Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Frionnel posted:

It's a missed opportunity really, to have an empty wall instead of replacing the horny pics with totally normal photos of Lara with her dog, or skiing during vacation or whatever.

they should be sexy pinups of enemies from the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Frionnel posted:

It's a missed opportunity really, to have an empty wall instead of replacing the horny pics with totally normal photos of Lara with her dog, or skiing during vacation or whatever.

that would have been great

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

what kind of lunatic would have pinups of themselves on their own locker

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Hwurmp posted:

Lara Croft

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I ignored all warnings and pulled out Valhalla anyways and an hour later it's exactly what I was expecting: pretty snowy map to explore, all the mechanics from Origins and Odyssey, and decent if not special writing. I expect this will keep me entertained for a while before I forget about it and wander off to other pastures, and honestly I'm okay with that, I just wanted something chill to bop to inbetween bouts of masterpieces like Dark Souls or Rimworld or whatever else I'm getting up to.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

StrixNebulosa posted:

I ignored all warnings and pulled out Valhalla anyways and an hour later it's exactly what I was expecting: pretty snowy map to explore, all the mechanics from Origins and Odyssey, and decent if not special writing. I expect this will keep me entertained for a while before I forget about it and wander off to other pastures, and honestly I'm okay with that, I just wanted something chill to bop to inbetween bouts of masterpieces like Dark Souls or Rimworld or whatever else I'm getting up to.

Mind if I blame you for Ubisoft still existing? I realise the issue predates your purchase, but really, I just want an easy scapegoat.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Hwurmp posted:

a trans person

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

FishMcCool posted:

Mind if I blame you for Ubisoft still existing? I realise the issue predates your purchase, but really, I just want an easy scapegoat.

I'm sorry, you can't blame me, I never preorder their games and only purchase them on the deepest sales

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BisterdDave posted:

I mean, I kiiiind of get why someone would be upset about it, but anytime they alter an older game like this for a remaster my first thought is "well then just play the original". People want older games preserved to the T, but also want them updated with all sorts of QoL improvements.

I might be misunderstanding but to my knowledge the pinups are still there in the 'original graphics' mode.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

I might be misunderstanding but to my knowledge the pinups are still there in the 'original graphics' mode.

Sounds like they might have just not wanted to upscale or recreate those images if they're still around in the original graphics mode (which is literally a button press away at any moment and swaps immediately even during CG cutscenes).

Orv
May 4, 2011

Weedle posted:

a trans person

Hey what the gently caress is this

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Weedle posted:

a trans person

:dafuq:

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Mr E posted:

Sounds like they might have just not wanted to upscale or recreate those images if they're still around in the original graphics mode (which is literally a button press away at any moment and swaps immediately even during CG cutscenes).

They already existed and used to be in the game but got removed in the latest patch, as I understand it.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/command-conquer-invades-european-march-charts-as-sales-improve-european-monthly-charts
But EA's probably still gonna let it languish.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

StrixNebulosa posted:

I ignored all warnings and pulled out Valhalla anyways and an hour later it's exactly what I was expecting: pretty snowy map to explore,

and then you get to England...

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Orv posted:

Hey what the gently caress is this

we like to look at pictures of ourselves looking hot. many such cases

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

kazil posted:

and then you get to England...

I will forever be upset that Norway only lasts for maybe a couple of hours before you get to the most boring game world ever designed.

And then they absolutely outdid themselves on that front with Mirage. :geno:

mystes
May 31, 2006

Maybe they're saying that having a current good photo of themself to look at helps with their gender dysphoria or something? I don't think it's good to jump to a negative interpretation.

mystes fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Apr 24, 2024

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

mystes posted:

Maybe they're saying that having a current good photo of themself to look at helps with their gender dysphoria or something? I don't think it's good to jump to a negative interpretation.

I think people are jumping to that because if someone says "What kind of lunatic" and someone responds "trans people", it isn't really a huge leap to read that as "trans people are lunatics." Which is probably not the intended reading but isn't exactly a huge leap.

mystes
May 31, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

I think people are jumping to that because if someone says "What kind of lunatic" and someone responds "trans people", it isn't really a huge leap to read that as "trans people are lunatics." Which is probably not the intended reading but isn't exactly a huge leap.
I'm cis so YMMV but I think it's not like totally unreasonable to spend two seconds being like "hey maybe this person is trans and talking about their own experience?" before jumping to the worst possible interpretation and deciding that it's transphobic

Edit: Anyway I didn't mean to start a derail and I wouldn't have posted that if I had seen that Weedle had already responded

mystes fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Apr 24, 2024

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

mystes posted:

I'm cis so YMMV but I think it's not like totally unreasonable to spend two seconds being like "hey maybe this person is trans and talking about their own experience?" before jumping to the worst possible interpretation and deciding that it's transphobic

Edit: Anyway I didn't mean to start a derail and I wouldn't have posted that if I had seen that Weedle had already responded

I mean I don't disagree but it's easy to be on edge sometimes. Not trying to say anything about anyone, just saying it was a genuine miscommunication which seems resolved.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

lol

code:
European GSD March 2024 Top 10 (Digital + Physical)

1	EA Sports FC 24 (EA)
2	Helldivers 2 (Sony)
3	Dragon’s Dogma 2 (Capcom)
4	Command & Conquer: Generals (EA)
5	Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege (Ubisoft)
6	Grand Theft Auto 5 (Rockstar)
7	Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 (EA)
8	Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun (EA)
9	Command & Conquer: Renegade (EA)
10	Command & Conquer: Red Alert (EA)

Games Industry posted:

There are 11 Command & Conquer titles in the Top 20.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Weedle posted:

we like to look at pictures of ourselves looking hot. many such cases

Ah okay, sorry about that. ImpAtom is correct that taking it through the lunatic part of the response threw me.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Command & Conquer is back baby

mystes
May 31, 2006

Are the versions of the first game and red alert in the ultimate collection the same as in the remastered collection?

mystes fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Apr 24, 2024

Weedle
May 31, 2006

mystes posted:

Are the versions of the first game and red alert in the ultimate collection the same as in the remastered collection?

no they're the og windows 95 versions although they have been patched slightly to work on windows 10/11. the remaster bundle is a totally separate thing

mystes
May 31, 2006

Weedle posted:

no they're the og windows 95 versions although they have been patched slightly to work on windows 10/11. the remaster bundle is a totally separate thing
Kind of confusing but I guess since I already have the remastered collection and since the ultimate collection is a steam bundle with no discount rather than a single game I should just buy the newer games individually then

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

mystes posted:

Kind of confusing but I guess since I already have the remastered collection and since the ultimate collection is a steam bundle with no discount rather than a single game I should just buy the newer games individually then

Can you, though? If I go on, for example, the Zero Hour Steam page it just tells me to buy the bundle.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Mordja posted:

Can you, though? If I go on, for example, the Zero Hour Steam page it just tells me to buy the bundle.
Oh that's so weird. The Bundle page lists a price of $1.49 for it at a 0% discount which seems to imply that you would be able to but the individual page for it only seems to offer a subscription or the ultimate bundle, so maybe not?

I didn't realize it was even possible to have bundles where it isn't possible to buy the individual items on steam

The price difference in avoiding the items that are redundant with the remastered collection is totally negligible anyway so I guess I should just buy the bundle after all

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
They were able to be purchased individually for a very short span of time back when they started putting them up on the store. After all of them were added, they removed the option to buy them individually.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Hwurmp posted:

they're called called a boudoir photos and doing it is trendy now

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Man, "Spectacle Fighter" and "Character Action Game" has to be the most misused tags on Steam.
Not only is it a genre that rarely has any releases at all, but most people don't even know what those terms mean, so you end up with absolute minuscule number of games that are correctly tagged, even if you generously include ULTRAKILL and the the likes in there.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

oofa doofa even more may releases announced. Baladins on May 15th, The Abandoned Planet on May 23rd, and Synergy on May 21st.

this is easily the biggest month for indie games in years. is silksong going to come out in june or something and so everyone's trying to get their games out before then?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Has anyone played through the last spell? It gets really good reviews on Steam but I don’t know anyone that’s actually played it.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1105670/The_Last_Spell/

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

The 7th Guest posted:

oofa doofa even more may releases announced. Baladins on May 15th, The Abandoned Planet on May 23rd, and Synergy on May 21st.

this is easily the biggest month for indie games in years. is silksong going to come out in june or something and so everyone's trying to get their games out before then?

Erdtree, I would think? Even the Final Fantasy XIV director made a joke about swerving around it just a little.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

hm idk about this one

seems legit...

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

MarcusSA posted:

Has anyone played through the last spell? It gets really good reviews on Steam but I don’t know anyone that’s actually played it.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1105670/The_Last_Spell/

It is very good! Most importantly the soundtrack is incredible: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWkgezteauA&t=2642s

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

The 7th Guest posted:

hm idk about this one

seems legit...

drat its that easy to make money? Time to quit my job

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

The 7th Guest posted:

hm idk about this one

seems legit...

Yakuza -1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

OzFactor posted:

It is very good! Most importantly the soundtrack is incredible: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWkgezteauA&t=2642s

Sold!

It’s not even that expensive and it’s impulse buy territory.