Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Kurgarra Queen posted:

Alternatively, ban everything except SA and the worst legally-permissable alternative.
People who can shitpost well can enjoy our walled goon garden, the rest are thrown to the wolves.

So SA and LinkedIn, got it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Joey Freshwater posted:

Ban all social media plz

SA is social media

Imagine if SA did a blanket bam on posts solely containing Twitter links and nothing else...

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I’d been using an ad free YouTube acct. a friend gave me for a long while and started hating the suggestions. Luckily that ran out and subbed into my old personal account I hadn’t touched in years and it was like all the old classics popped back up. Gonna be way more careful when I’m buzzed surfing now

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Now I’m picturing Emeril as a mod

BAM! BAM! Show me pictures of underage kids! BAM!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

seiferguy posted:

Imagine if SA did a blanket bam on posts solely containing Twitter links and nothing else...

it would probably be a good thing

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I have saved so much money doing home repairs myself after learning on Youtube. Learned all the undergrad math I needed for grad school from youtube, learned how to shoot from youtube, learned R coding on youtube, it is the best resource for knowledge out there. Also, learned how to fix tennis elbow on youtube just last week!

Nov 6, 2002

Pron on VHS posted:

I have saved so much money doing home repairs myself after learning on Youtube. Learned all the undergrad math I needed for grad school from youtube, learned how to shoot from youtube, learned R coding on youtube, it is the best resource for knowledge out there. Also, learned how to fix tennis elbow on youtube just last week!

You used to be able to find that kind of help on normal websites but enshitification has ruined the ability to find those types of resources now.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

You used to be able to find that kind of help on normal websites but enshitification has ruined the ability to find those types of resources now.

Related: https://www.wheresyoured.at/the-men-who-killed-google/

quote:

In the March 2019 core update to search, which happened about a week before the end of the code yellow, was expected to be “one of the largest updates to search in a very long time. Yet when it launched, many found that the update mostly rolled back changes, and traffic was increasing to sites that had previously been suppressed by Google Search’s “Penguin” update from 2012 that specifically targeted spammy search results, as well as those hit by an update from an August 1, 2018

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Pron on VHS posted:

You accrue knowledge at a frightening rate. Unstoppable knowledge. You grow your mind and your muscles.

I am inspired.

Nov 6, 2002

Anyone remember those tv commercials for home study courses in topics such as TV/VCR repair?

I guess that's another thing the internet/YT must have put an end to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj23I8hgj28

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Pron on VHS posted:

Same. My proudest is a washing machine repair I did. It was leaking on some part inside so I looked it up and the part was like $200. Turns out the part was for a feature we didn't even use and I found someone else had the same issue and he showed how to reroute some of the water lines inside the machine so it bypassed that part. It worked flawlessly and we got several more years out of the machine.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

fartknocker posted:

I clicked this and it’s an interview with Weird Al :allears:
I caught this stream a few days ago and it was the Fire Ant episode, which I forgot was actually the Conan O'Brien interview episode. Sadly they did the short version, so Space Ghost wasn't following the ant for 10 minutes or whatever.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

I see that TikTok ban doesn’t take effect until January 19th. Plenty of time to rescind that ban in court and not have TikTok-less teenagers becoming single issue Trump voters.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

dirty shrimp money posted:

I see that TikTok ban doesn’t take effect until January 19th. Plenty of time to rescind that ban in court and not have TikTok-less teenagers becoming single issue Trump voters.

Young people still don't vote (at least compared to olds) which is in large part why we are where we are. Would be funny if this was the thing that finally activated them though

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
TikTok isn't going anywhere. They're going to divest to an American holding company that (surprise!) still has deep ties to ByteDance.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Docjowles posted:

Young people still don't vote (at least compared to olds) which is in large part why we are where we are. Would be funny if this was the thing that finally activated them though

Isn't that somewhat outdated thinking? I thought that while younger people do not vote as much as older people, the trend is increasing year over year.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

swickles posted:

Isn't that somewhat outdated thinking? I thought that while younger people do not vote as much as older people, the trend is increasing year over year.

About half of eligible voters18-29 voted in 2020. up from 39% in 2016, but I suspect that won't be true this year, they also still vote way less in non presidential elections, and they don't vote for local poo poo like school boards, city council and judges anywhere near as much as older people.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Hell yeah mayor Pete coming through

https://x.com/unusual_whales/status/1783176345360687608?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Holy poo poo, he actually did something vaguely useful? Took four loving years, but I'm impressed.

Nov 6, 2002

This is bad for Biden because

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

The one time I had a bag go missing I simply said, "Well, you better find it as that has my firearm in it."

It was promptly recovered in 10 minutes.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

The one time I had a bag go missing I simply said, "Well, you better find it as that has my firearm in it."

Aren't you required to tell them there's a gun in it when you check in?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Android Apocalypse posted:

So you’re implying they know where the bags were the whole time, they just couldn’t be bothered?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
wow, this is probably the best thing the government has done since gay marriage or something

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Democrats finally learning after 15 years of forgetting that consumer rights issues are the easiest slam dunk ways to both better America and please voters.

Seriously, after all the fights they had to create the CFPB, they just gave up on the whole shebang.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Amy Pole Her posted:

So you’re implying they know where the bags were the whole time, they just couldn’t be bothered?

May be they couldn't be bothered doing a thorough search for it because gently caress the customer

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I'd like to see actual details, but I assume delays are if it's extremely delayed like several hours, and probably doesn't apply to bad weather.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

GD_American posted:

Democrats finally learning after 15 years of forgetting that consumer rights issues are the easiest slam dunk ways to both better America and please voters.

Seriously, after all the fights they had to create the CFPB, they just gave up on the whole shebang.

I genuinely believe Joe Biden could win by one of the largest popular voter margin in history if he could do something about spam texts and calls trying to steal money from us.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

This is bad for Biden because

It’s an unalloyed Good Thing but CSPAM foreigners being like “wait this wasn’t the case already???” is pretty jarring. Apparently this is standard practice in the first world. Glad we are catching up.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Air Skwirl posted:

I genuinely believe Joe Biden could win by one of the largest popular voter margin in history if he could do something about spam texts and calls trying to steal money from us. would legalize marijuana.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Remember how I said I didn't think the under 30s would vote at the same numbers this year as they did in 2020. I don't think legal weed would help them remember to vote.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Air Skwirl posted:

Aren't you required to tell them there's a gun in it when you check in?
Yes I do when I check in the bag. That said there's no other communication with the arrival airport on what's in luggage. You'd think the non-TSA locks would be a sign that that bag is kinda important, but I've had one instance where my case went thru the regular carousel instead of being held at oversize baggage. :chloe:

Amy Pole Her posted:

More that it became priority #1. The last thing an airline wants to deal with is the actual cops getting involved with being held liable for losing a firearm, especially if it's stolen and then used in a crime.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

May be they couldn't be bothered doing a thorough search for it because gently caress the customer
Pretty much this.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

3 DONG HORSE posted:

This reminds me of when United forced my wife to gate check her carryon and then a bunch of poo poo got stolen out of it. Their only response was "shouldn't have checked anything you don't want stolen, idiot". Motherfuckers you made us check it! Also how is straight up telling a customer that they should definitely expect to be robbed an acceptable response

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Pron on VHS posted:

Reminds me of when my car was randomly making a loud squealing noise and nobody could diagnose it correctly. I took it to 4 different shops and they all had a different solution which means you're basically throwing money at it until eventually the right problem is fixed and I wasn't about to drop multiple thousands replacing poo poo that didn't need replaced. I decided to try and tackle the cheapest thing first which ended up being a $14 part called a camshaft synchronizer. Never heard of it before and the shops wanted a fortune to replace it so I fired up Youtube, watched a few videos, took note of them stressing "the new one needs to go back in the EXACT position it came out in or you'll gently caress your poo poo up" so I nervously did that, expected to blow up my engine and then was so happy when that ended up being the solution and nothing bad happened.

$14, some bravery and Youtube saved me thousands of dollars swapping out good parts for no reason, I was proud of myself that day.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I’ve been thinking about women’s asses all morning. Love my girlfriend, a smart sweetheart through and through. She got a fit peach to boot!!!

I am sincerely concerned because I’m extremely hornery and I haven’t been this hornery in years. There’s no explanation because everything in my life is about the same. Why am I so hornery today?!? Is this testicular cancer or something? It’s legitimately distracting me from my daily responsibilities lol

rear end!!!!

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I’ve been thinking about women’s asses all morning. Love my woman, a smart sweetheart through and through. She got a fit peach!!!

I am sincerely concerned because I’m extremely hornery and I haven’t been this hornery in years. There’s no explanation because everything in my life is about the same. Why am I so hornery today?!? Is this testicular cancer or something? It’s legitimately distracting me from my daily responsibilities lol

rear end!!!!

great post/avatar combo!

Nov 6, 2002

I’ve been thinking about women’s asses all morning. Love my girlfriend, a smart sweetheart through and through. She got a fit peach to boot!!!

rear end!!!!

maybe go jerk off or something

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Amy Pole Her posted:

I've started putting an AirTag every piece of luggage I travel with now. It was incredibly helpful to jump the line and tell them my pink-tagged stroller was in Mexico and not DC.

Of course, it still took them 3 days to get it back to me.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Bird in a Blender posted:

I'd like to see actual details, but I assume delays are if it's extremely delayed like several hours, and probably doesn't apply to bad weather.

https://nypost.com/2024/04/24/lifestyle/passengers-can-soon-expect-an-automatic-refund-when-a-flight-is-delayed-or-canceled-dot/

NY Post posted:

The Department of Transportation reminded airlines on Wednesday that they must provide “prompt” automatic refunds to customers who miss their flight due to cancellation or delay.

“Passengers deserve to get their money back when an airline owes them — without headaches or haggling,” said US Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg.

According to the DOT, passengers will be entitled to a full refund if their flight is canceled or significantly changed, if they do not accept alternative transportation options or deny travel credits offered.

The department defines “significant change” as flight departure or arrival times that are moved more than 3 hours domestically and 6 hours internationally, flight departures or arrivals from a different airport, increases in the number of connections, passengers being downgraded to a lower class, updated connections at far-flung airports and flights on another plane that are less accessible to a passenger with a disability.

The regulation applies not only to canceled flights.

Airlines that fail to provide passengers with the extra services they purchased — such as WiFi, seat selection, or in-flight entertainment — must also offer a refund in cash, airline miles or the original form of payment.

“Airlines and ticket agents must issue refunds within seven business days of refunds becoming due for credit card purchases and 20 calendar days for other payment methods,” the DOT statement stated.

Full refunds must include government-imposed taxes, fees and airline-imposed fees.

Passengers who are delayed due to checked baggage issues, such as lost or mishandled luggage, are entitled to a full refund for their checked bag fee if the luggage does not arrive within 12 hours of the domestic flight or 15-30 hours of an international flight, though the refund can vary depending on the flight duration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

rear end!!!!

speaking of oversized baggage