Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ogma
Jun 6, 2003

Let the festivities commence!

Cacator posted:

You wouldn't be laughing if Mr. T ate your balls.

r/relationships: My balls!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

why do the Bene Gesserit keep their bread in a fancy box. and why do they keep it so hot

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Steve Vader posted:

A promo item for the Dune movie was a popcorn bucket that looked like a gaping rectum.
If your rectum looks like that, please go to a hospital immediately. If you can't drive, text your girlfriend and tell her that your butthole hurts.

Pantaloon Pontiff
Jun 25, 2023

PookBear posted:

did she use medical terms or did she call it a hoo-ha, because saying "ouchie in my balls" reads very differently from "debilitating pain in my groin/testicles"

edit: "my balls" sounds like a bad punchline

You really think it's reasonable to expect someone in such incredible pain that they're just throwing up on the floor to use multi-syllable medical terminology? If anything, I'd be less likely to believe that someone was in insufferable pain and needed to go to the hospital if they had the presence of mind to type "there is a debilitating pain in my groin/testicles" instead of something like "my balls hurt" - especially if they include the /, since that's usually extra effort to text and not get an inconvenient space.

If someone I'm dating texts me that they think they need to go to the ER and tries to call me multiple times, I'm not going to nitpick their word choice and insist that they're lying and block them, especially if I'm five minutes away. I might verify that it's for real, but I'm going to be on my way. If it turns out that this is their idea of a prank it's probably over between us with me recommending they read "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" as part of the breakup, but I'm definitely not going to block them and just go about my day like nothing happened.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Pope Corky the IX posted:

So, uh, what’s a gom jabbar pain box?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbTp1vlRqYA

The Gom jabbar is the needle she holds at his neck that will kill him if he pulls his hand out of the box that stimulates all the pain neurons in his hand all at once.

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023
Fun fact: It is entirely possible to make your own gom jabbar pain box. For the pain box look up how to perform the thermal grill illusion. For the Gom Jabbar just coat a regular needle in cyanide and presto, your ready to start testing people's humanity.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Kenshin posted:

I don't have Slate Plus so I can't see the whole article but lmao:

We Left Our Child With His Grandpa and a Teenage Babysitter. I Wish I Didn’t Have to Say the Rest.

Mom: "Dear Care and Feeding, my sicko pervert father-in-law hosed the babysitter…"

Grandpa: "Dear Penthouse, I never thought it would happen to me…"

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Most Power Alex posted:

Fun fact: It is entirely possible to make your own gom jabbar pain box. For the pain box look up how to perform the thermal grill illusion. For the Gom Jabbar just coat a regular needle in cyanide and presto, your ready to start testing people's humanity.

I read that as coating the needle in cyanide and pesto

Give them a delicious death

Anyway gom jabbar is fun for the whole family. Even good for beauty pageants

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf1C6BUkWaA

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

Halloween Jack posted:

If your rectum looks like that, please go to a hospital immediately. If you can't drive, text your girlfriend and tell her that your butthole hurts.

My rectum is ribbed with teeth, for nobody's pleasure

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Halloween Jack posted:

Tony Lazuto says hello.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Darkhold posted:

AITA for secretly eating takeout food my pregnant wife cannot eat because she has gestational diabetes?

Well you're probably thinking you hate this guy right now. Buckle up.

How much do you hate him now?

I think this guy sucks but her getting that upset over the fact that he was eating Cheesecake Factory (lol) in his car, away from her, without her knowledge, is kind of insane.

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

Magic Hate Ball posted:

I think this guy sucks but her getting that upset over the fact that he was eating Cheesecake Factory (lol) in his car, away from her, without her knowledge, is kind of insane.

It's not about the cheesecake factory. It's never about the final straw that triggers the meltdown, it's about a long term pattern of behavior.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

At least it wasn't Old Spaghetti Factory

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Silly Newbie posted:

It's not about the cheesecake factory. It's never about the final straw that triggers the meltdown, it's about a long term pattern of behavior.

I know it wasn't, but now I'm imagining it was and that's much funnier.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

Kurieg posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbTp1vlRqYA

The Gom jabbar is the needle she holds at his neck that will kill him if he pulls his hand out of the box that stimulates all the pain neurons in his hand all at once.

For all it's flaws I still really like the Alan Smithee version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJsYKhEV6o0

bonus remix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqW4Cz5CW94

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

I threw away my husband's collection and now he won't speak to me

Original Post - April 15, 2024

quote:

My husband considers himself an art connoisseur, when he's not.

He filled his home office and the hallway with his collection which he inherited from his grandfather. The point is that his grandfather got scammed and most of the paintings, statuettes and artifacts (fake guns, books, ship models) are fakes or reproductions. Very few real pieces.

My husband knows, but he liked it as a kid and so he kept it, adding stuff over the years. He always bought fakes or repros too, saying he likes how they look and he wouldn't bankrupt us like that. To be honest, I couldn't stand that assortment of random knick knacks, especially because they aren't worth a thing. His hallway and office looked like a kid's idea of a museum.

He was away on a trip two weeks ago and I seized the occasion to put all the stuff in storage and give a restyling to his office. I figured he'd get upset but eventually accept it. When he came back, he got silent. I reassured him I didn't throw any of his knick knacks, just put them in storage and that I liked his room much better now, and his grandmother should have done the same for his grandfather.

He said that the rest of the house is already in my style and he accepted it, but the office and hallway were "his" space. I reassured him he will like it better with time, but a week has passed and he looks depressed. He stopped spending time in his room, barely talks to me and even refuses intimacy. He acts indifferent and told me I can get rid of the few things I kept.

I am starting to think I overstepped. Did I make a mistake? I am considering apologizing and get his stuff back in his office.

Update

quote:

Guys, I hear you. I hosed up big time and I know it. I'll ask him if he can forgive me and I will get back all his stuff. I'll also offer to display some of his stuff in the living room as a peace offering.

Top Comments

quote:

UnevenGlow: Yeah you disrespected him big time

OOP: I see that now. I will apologize and bring back his stuff. I am also going to ask him to display some stuff in the living room.

SleepyDreamer16: You did overstep. This is major disrespect. These things were important to him and it doesn't matter if you like them or not. Even if it was the ugliest object you have ever seen, you should still accept his feelings about it. This is about something more than just objects, this is showing him that his opinion doesn't matter to you and that he can't trust you. You should apologize immediately and let him know that you really do realize it was a wrong thing to do.

TrashCranberry: Yes, you made a mistake. You have been crapping on his hobby for a long time and now you finally took the final step and converted his space into what YOU want. How selfish of you.

Not only should you apologize, you should help him restore his space and buy him a few bad art pieces that he would like.

Update - April 16, 2024

quote:

Hey guys I know I hosed up big time and your comments just reinforced that feeling. I went to my husband, gave him a massive apology and told him I would really like to get back his collection and get his office and hallway like they were before. I also apologized for going behind his back and violating his safe space the way I did.

I also offered to let him display some pieces in our bedroom and living room and next time he spots something he would like to add to his collection, I am paying for it. He accepted my apology and forgave me. We spent the afternoon getting his stuff back in place.

It's not worth it to create a rift between us for this. I might not like his taste in art, but I love this man and if he's happy I am happy too.

Thank you all for the comments and the though love, I really needed it.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Troublemaker posted:

I threw away my husband's collection and now he won't speak to me

Original Post - April 15, 2024

Update

Top Comments

Update - April 16, 2024
It's nice to have one where the OP actually realizes they hosed up and potentially saves their relationship as a result

I'm slightly confused why the title says "threw away" though

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah like, did you put put it in storage or did you throw it away?

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I agree. Something's not adding up. I think she killed her husband and is using ugly art storage as some kind of cover.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

house of the dad posted:

I agree. Something's not adding up. I think she killed her husband and is using ugly art storage as some kind of cover.

She completely misunderstood the context of 'meet me in the art room'

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

She stole everything to sell, but then was embarrassed when she found out it was all cheap knock offs.

windex
Aug 2, 2006

One thing living in Japan does is cement the fact that ignoring the opinions of others is a perfectly valid life strategy.

Darkhold posted:

AITA for secretly eating takeout food my pregnant wife cannot eat because she has gestational diabetes?

Well you're probably thinking you hate this guy right now. Buckle up.

How much do you hate him now?

I just want to note as the adoptive parent of a kid who grew up with food insecurity (I've had her since she was 13 and she's 20 now), that poor kid cannot eat the last of anything in the house to this day, because she is still terrified that there will be no more if she does. No access to food for long enough seriously screws with people's minds.

I myself can't eat gluten anymore and my kids can and I often am frustrated by food in my house I can't eat, but I don't take it out on the kids.

I guess I feel like everyone in this one is overreacting but I also understand how both of them can be seriously frustrated with each other and there really needs to be more empathy from both of them for the others position, I suspect.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

DemoneeHo posted:

I read that as coating the needle in cyanide and pesto

Give them a delicious death

DemoneeHo posted:

a delicious death

Where....exactly do you think taste buds are located :raise: ?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

SyNack Sassimov posted:

The anus.

Albino Broccoli
Aug 5, 2022

veepfake posted:

im guessing they have one of those relationships where it's like an inside joke to like, playfully annoy the other person. i saw them a lot in my 20s, especially early 20s. she might even have feelings on that herself. that could've been the gf's position

but yeah i mean, his pain was in his balls and she asked where the pain was, not sure what else he could have said. she had to have considered it mightve been bad to be ignoring him, if annoying her is something he never does when she goes out. hard to know when something serious is going on with pranks so set in stone, especially at 22

anyway a lot of that is not in the text, i just find it hard to believe she'd be so randomly uncaring after 5 years. it's probably more likely she cares a lot and it was just about all the wrong stuff in an unfortunate situation she couldn't and didn't want to imagine

If only there was some kind of way for him to communicate his emergency to her, like a sort of handheld device they both have which could allow him to talk to her despite not being in the same room together. Alas, the only choice she had to him calling was to reject the call and force him to communicate through text which makes it SO HARD to tell what kind of emotional state they're in! And when he presses with his joke obviously instead of telling him to stop she just blocked him!

jfc goons

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

TBLALV posted:

If only there was some kind of way for him to communicate his emergency to her, like a sort of handheld device they both have which could allow him to talk to her despite not being in the same room together. Alas, the only choice she had to him calling was to reject the call and force him to communicate through text which makes it SO HARD to tell what kind of emotional state they're in! And when he presses with his joke obviously instead of telling him to stop she just blocked him!

jfc goons

When you put it that way, this would make an incredible new ad campaign for LIFE ALERT.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

SyNack Sassimov posted:

Next to the neck gills, duhhhh :eng101:

E: vvvvv wait lemme change my answer to that. Thats where they are. Thats why hurt balls is no laughing matter; you won't be able to taste properly

DemoneeHo fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Apr 25, 2024

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

SyNack Sassimov posted:

On the scrotum, or at least some people believe.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Tobermory posted:

When you put it that way, this would make an incredible new ad campaign for LIFE ALERT.

"Oh gently caress, the balls are flashing BRIGHT RED. I gotta get home."

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

AITA for telling my son that he acts too much like a woman.

quote:

I have a son (18M).

Ever since he was like 6, somehow most of his friends have been girls. His current group of friends is like 7 girls and 2 boys. He also has a 'best friend' relationship with my wife and daughter.

This has just happened due to coincidental circumstances as he got pulled into a girl friend group as his first good friend as a kid was a girl. He is not gay so this is unconventional.

I don' t have a problem with his friends, they are good people. However I feel like he has not been able to develop socially because of this and has developed personality traits that are woman like.

He acts too overly considerate of everything, always offers to help people and has way too much patience for everything. He recently learned to drive and when he drives, he never gets upset in any way when others mess up on the road. I am not saying he should have road rage but he should have a little more personality.

Despite this he has the normal hobbies of any boy, he wants to study engineering, plays video games, likes tech and cars etc.

I thought this would fix itself in college, but most of his hs friend group went to the same college and did either engineering or comp sci and he is somehow friends with all the girls in his major now.

I basically had a chat with him and told him he acts too much like a woman and this could impact him later in life, at the workplace for promotions etc and he could be seen as someone weak and easy to push over. However he got upset at me and thought I was criticizing his friends when I just wanted him to either act a little different and understand the real world and / or make some new friends with guys. He has never experienced what it is like to hang out with a group of bros.

I hate my son, he's patient, considerate, helpful, doesn't road rage, he should be an rear end in a top hat like me.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hughlander posted:

I am not saying he should have road rage but he should have a little more personality.

personality = anger

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
r/relationships: he is somehow friends with all the girls

Lagomorph Legion
Jul 26, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

You cannot rely on someone who will automatically assume you're lying about needing help or having problems.

After all, OP did not mention being Elim Garak

mystes
May 31, 2006

Hughlander posted:

I hate my son, he's patient, considerate, helpful, doesn't road rage, he should be an rear end in a top hat like me.
This one has to be fake

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hughlander posted:

He's wrong about job opportunities. You can have incredible longevity in a company and be regularly promoted just by being a guy nobody has any beef with who never has outbursts.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

No, people who are level-headed and helpful never get anywhere. Especially not if they have a close group of friends they've cultivated in their career field. The only way to the top is to punch and scream your way through your superiors

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

r/relationships: He is not gay so this is unconventional.

GTD Aquitaine
Jul 28, 2004

emSparkly posted:

On the scrotum, or at least some people believe.

umami is stored in the balls

Pantaloon Pontiff
Jun 25, 2023

Hughlander posted:

I thought this would fix itself in college, but most of his hs friend group went to the same college and did either engineering or comp sci and he is somehow friends with all the girls in his major now.

That sounds like an awful college experience, he should definitely be on bad terms with all of the girls in his major. Poor guy must have no social life at all, imagine if he raged more and hung out with bros instead of women his age who like him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Hughlander posted:

It'll make him a pushover! I told him this and he said no, and now I don't know what to do!