Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

Nichael posted:

looking good sir

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

RealityWarCriminal posted:

the university crackdowns are bumming me out, but not surprising. the status quo must be maintained at all costs

let the defiance of the students inspire you instead.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Thanks, helldivers NPC 🫡

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Dixon Chisholm posted:

dude, even the old (40-60) construction workers i see are about 50/50 using it. this is hilarious.

Everybody I know who uses tiktok is older than me so they're working hard at pissing off Actual Voters™ by banning it

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

HashtagGirlboss posted:

but Clymer instead of the frog

where is the normie supposed to sit

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

the university crackdowns are bumming me out, but not surprising. the status quo must be maintained at all costs
just remember that if these people were left alone they'd grow up to be the very same people calling for another kent state incident. that future has just been closed for many of them now

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

silicone thrills posted:

I dont like weed at all and it makes me feel miserable. I still think it should be legal and has a very low societal harm level.

I neutralize your trap card.

I mean the first time someone used this argument on me they told me my concerns about illegal searches and police brutality were clearly insincerely held as a smokescreen for my own desire to smoke weed in public. I live in a legal weed state and the one time in my life I've ever been high in public (in Amsterdam) I was racked with anxiety the whole time. But it doesn't matter, the second you criticize the Democrats they've already decided which of their college classmates from fifteen years ago you are and that's all there is to say about it

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

where is the normie supposed to sit

nigel farage's lap

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
my roommates in college said they hated the smell of weed smoke and made me go out on the balcony to smoke. but i never hated them for it.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

When was that peace and prosperity we've been in a war my whole life

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Uncle Wemus posted:

War is Peace, OP.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

His boss wants to kick everyone who even slightly criticizes Israel out of the party

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Dixon Chisholm posted:

let the defiance of the students inspire you instead.

it's a depressing reminder that nothing will ever change and they will destroy your life for trying. makes me want to leave for another better country

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Thanks, helldivers NPC 🫡

the writing is so over the top!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

genocide and a tiktok ban is what biden, the most progressive president since fdr, has delivered on.

oh and he once saw two gay dudes with his dad. lgbt win.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

the beatings will continue until morale improves

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

it rules that libs can't even get their worship of the founding fathers right.

ben franklin would have loved tiktok

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

likewise, due to ongoing theft, all prices have gone up

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Trabisnikof posted:

it rules that libs can't even get their worship of the founding fathers right.

ben franklin would have loved tiktok

We'd never hear from ben except for occasional posts on libertarian message boards in between marathon gooning sessions

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Joementum posted:

how does the DCCC still manage to convince two or three of these type of guys to lose every two years?

https://x.com/ike4co/status/1771212681334145467?s=46

OMG! The male stripper for the bachelorette party just arrived!!!!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I cast Phoenix Down to restore Roe to 20% of max HP.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Nichael posted:

I mean trips to Chicago in some kind of bulk rate to save on transport or something.

nice try fed

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

I cast Phoenix Down on Joe Biden, killing him instantly

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Sapozhnik posted:

nice try fed

i'm just a half-(good)jewish guy being cheap and trying to save money so i can protest the (bad) jewish fascists and joe biden, a rapist :smith:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

undead type? hm makes sense, but seems a bit op

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Joe Biden suplexing an Amtrak

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I love Joe Biden..... ON OPPOSITE DAY!

ha ha ha he'll never recover

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

i hope they raise all the bridges into downtown chicago again like a big moat and block the freeways with giant blocks of concrete

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
btw, i called that guy an animated recruitment poster.... and then i visited his website

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://x.com/HuffPostPol/status/1783256231471165673

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Nichael posted:

genocide and a tiktok ban is what biden, the most progressive president since fdr, has delivered on.

oh and he once saw two gay dudes with his dad. lgbt win.

can't even credit him with ending the afghanistan war. that was a treaty trump negotiated

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

you don't cast phoenix down you loving posers it's an item not magic

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Uncle Wemus posted:

1997, when History Ended

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Democracy becoming so totemic that that expression can coexist with cracking down on peaceful student protest is pretty cool.

Democracy is not allowed to address any material conditions, not allowed to actually change how things work in society, nor allowed to alter foreign policy, can only be expressed by voting once every for years for one of two parties, both of which frequently go against the wishes of their electorates... it's so loving abstract at this point that if they just had a ritual that reaffirmed that daimones, rather than demos, blessed the government for another four years, like oracular rituals with the little tickets, that would probably be more satisfying, you know in terms of phenomenology.

They're appealing to belief in something that has been purposefully removed from material reality and the expression of power or will, so why not just make it fully mystical or whatever?

Nobody cares about (this form of) democracy. It's not real, it doesn't matter. The Democrats themselves actively destroyed that system of belief, which was pretty shortsighted and stupid on their part, in hindsight. They could have kept throwing people bones and kept the thing chugging along, but nobody cares about the preservation of a system that doesn't do anything for them.

I know Toynbee offered passages that are relevant, but I would be putting more thought into this than West Pointer Clymer.

Joementum posted:

btw, i called that guy an animated recruitment poster.... and then i visited his website

The colour scheme is unfortunate

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Joementum posted:

christ

I misread this for a moment and thought I'd have a succ heart attack.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Joementum posted:

can't even credit him with ending the afghanistan war. that was a treaty trump negotiated

he also kind of did it in the lowest effort, shittiest way possible

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Nichael posted:

he also kind of did it in the lowest effort, shittiest way possible

its pretty obvious that he and the pentagon thought they could just stop it from happening if they ignored it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010