Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Keep Austin Weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Junk posted:

im gagged by my own balls ARGGURGLARGRLAARGARG

I'm a big fan, Mr. Tingle

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Lucky Guy posted:

Wasn't Mr. Tingle that one Primus song?

Oh no. Please don't tell me that's a nickname Trump previously used. No. Noooooooo

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
Real sophisticated politics we got like if you’re not for one genocide it means you’re for the other

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice

Catastrophe posted:

Wasn't Mr. Tingle that one Primus song?

Oh no. Please don't tell me that's a nickname Trump previously used. No. Noooooooo

Nah, the song was Mr. Krinkle

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

TulliusCicero posted:

:lol:

This explains Arizona :stonklol:

This is loving Apocalptic for the GOP, holy poo poo
i mean, the public has been largely on board with abortion for quite on a while. check the gss trends on abortion https://gssdataexplorer.norc.org/trends. it isn't really surprising.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

One more Scott post because he mad

Why he’s mad

Trump primary results from PA

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Lucky Guy posted:

Fun fact, I got Meta's AI to write me a "love letter in the style of Chuck Tingle" that has the verb "pounded" used more than once. I was pretty proud of that.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If you want to make Americans support something real fast tell them they're not allowed to

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.
The NABTU ad is a really good watch.

https://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/-donald-trump-is-incapable-of-running-anything-union-slams-trump-in-new-ad-209600581807

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Sedgr posted:

Abbott is pathetic. Maybe someday Texas will be better. But not with dipshit fascists running the place.

Like Trump in court, trying to force a confrontation with the federal government by acting out isn't the win they think it is.

Abbott tries to show strength and instead highlights how weak he is and that he and his cronies are the problem.

College students protest, break out the riot squad. We're tough guys! Very tough guys! Don't you see! We're strong! So strong!

:lol:

i feel like the GOP while entrenched in texas might very well fracture at some point. lots of factions hate each other and abbot keeps pushing on gutting schools which keeps dying over and over and over in congress. i think when abbot leaves it starts to unravel. both patrick and paxton are moron psychos

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
holy crap does PA really have 50 days of early voting?

even my fanfic of a better US only has like 30 days of early voting.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

I forgot about the flag hugging. That was a weird four years.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

One more Scott post because he mad

Hold on, the story keeps changing. I was led to understand that mail-in voting is a complete, totally corrupt scam and should be avoided. Now it's good?

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

PhazonLink posted:

Red states absolutely despise early voting because it tends to favor Democrats more, which is why they're always strangling it. Really weird to see ol' Scotty Pres run the dance of "Use this tool before we kill it!".

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Supposedly the Idaho attorney was super condescending to the female justices (not a shocker)

https://twitter.com/ReproRights/status/1783241255201157219

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Scags McDouglas posted:

Red states absolutely despise early voting

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

PhazonLink posted:

Well I got my mail in pretty drat early for the PA midterms. Theres also in person early voting in my county which iirc opens up a few weeks before Election Day.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Nessus posted:

I believe Jesus says explicitly that if you make a big show out of public prayer, you have already received your award with the performance, so God gives no points for the Heaven Club.

To slightly nerd it up: to me it is always like the scene in 'a horse and his boy', where the goodwjite people worship aslan, and the evil arabic people worship a cockroach monster thing. At the end, aslan goes to the prince of the evil people and says "eventhough you nominallyworship the cockroach monster, because you have a good heart and have worshipped fsithfully. Then actually you have been worshipping me" and the cockroach monster goes to the aslan-ian head priest and says the inverse.

To me, aslan/jesus wants no part of any Republican, whilst the cocroach monster greedily accepts their offerimgs.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1783273501014511821

It was the day of finding out in AZ.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Supposedly the Idaho attorney was super condescending to the female justices (not a shocker)

https://twitter.com/ReproRights/status/1783241255201157219

yeah i dont think they get this ban they want. even barret doesnt sound impressed.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Reading about Barrett, I often wonder if the SCOTUS is, like Congress, an organization split between people who believe in the institution and people who hate it more than anything but both need to keep the institution going so that they can feed their ego/pocketbooks. I mean, Thomas has the utmost disdain for the legal profession, his own legal career, and the SCOTUS itself-- more than anyone would care to admit. But unfortunately to do the most damage to it and get money, he has to be on the bench, lol

The irony of conservatism (and fascism) is that the things they want exist because they don't get those things-- like how every republican hates hollywood but desperately wants to be a celebrity. If republicans were popular, they wouldn't be republicans.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Trump rampaging through Manhattan:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Also. On early voting: one federal election, i was visiting my ex-girlfriend in NSW a month or so before theactual election date. Whilst I had some free time I was wandering the city and came across an early voting booth.

Despite the fact i lived in Melbourne, and the election wasnt for weeks. I was in and out of the booth on about 20 minutes. With the nive lady finding my electorated ballot papr easily emough.

If we, a colonial backwater at the arse end of the globe, can do this. Why cant America?

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Burning_Monk posted:

It was the day of finding out in AZ.

quote:

BREAKING:

Arizona AG Kris Mayes announces the State Grand Jury has returned indictments in the state's 2020 fake electors scheme.

The following individuals are named as defendants, per the AG: Kelli Ward, Tyler Bowyer, Nancy Cottle, Jacob Hoffman, Anthony Kern, James Lamon, Robert Montgomery, Samuel Moorhead, Lorraine Pellegrino, Gregory Safsten, and Michael Ward.

Charges include fraud, forgery, and conspiracy – class 2, 4, and 5 felonies.

So no one else has to click on the nazi bird website to get the full text.

Hell yeah, felonies.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

this is funny until you realize Trump will win and pardon all of them, then it's even funnier

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

smoobles posted:

this is funny until you realize Trump will win and pardon all of them, then it's even funnier

Pres can’t pardon state charges

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Magnetic North posted:

So no one else has to click on the nazi bird website to get the full text.

Hell yeah, felonies.

Thank you for this

Get hosed idiots

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Regalingualius posted:

kind of hard to prosecute when the president has nuked the entire state. you ever think of that?

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Regalingualius posted:

President Trump turning the White House into a battlefield between the NY state police trying to arrest him to come back to NY to face his prison time and the secret service trying to stop them would be riotously hilarious poo poo that would be worthy of watching on CCTV cams for days at a time.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://mcusercontent.com/cc1fad182b6d6f8b1e352e206/files/fa85cddf-ccc6-7dee-dd58-ff5e80d53b15/Indictment.03.pdf

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Strong Sauce posted:

kind of hard to prosecute when the president has nuked the entire state. you ever think of that?

The first good thing he does as president is destroying Arizona, it is an affront to God

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

BrigadierSensible posted:

Also. On early voting: one federal election, i was visiting my ex-girlfriend in NSW a month or so before theactual election date. Whilst I had some free time I was wandering the city and came across an early voting booth.

Despite the fact i lived in Melbourne, and the election wasnt for weeks. I was in and out of the booth on about 20 minutes. With the nive lady finding my electorated ballot papr easily emough.

If we, a colonial backwater at the arse end of the globe, can do this. Why cant America?
Gotta keep the poor from voting (also, black ppl etc)

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Is there any reason they didn't indict Trump too?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Regalingualius posted:

trump will find a way, Believe in Tumrpipm

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Vire posted:

probably waiting to hear from the supreme court on what they think of as immunity

comedy option: Trump sang and ratted them all out

gwarm01
Apr 27, 2010

Vire posted:

Convict the minions, legally establish what happened, then go for the big guy? Pretty much what happened in the NY criminal trial it seems.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

BrigadierSensible posted:

To slightly nerd it up: to me it is always like the scene in 'a horse and his boy', where the goodwjite people worship aslan, and the evil arabic people worship a cockroach monster thing. At the end, aslan goes to the prince of the evil people and says "eventhough you nominallyworship the cockroach monster, because you have a good heart and have worshipped fsithfully. Then actually you have been worshipping me" and the cockroach monster goes to the aslan-ian head priest and says the inverse.

To me, aslan/jesus wants no part of any Republican, whilst the cocroach monster greedily accepts their offerimgs.

Close, that was actually The Last Battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!