Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
ah the eternal question, 'can [man] beat [woman]'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Play posted:

ah the eternal question, 'can [man] beat [woman]'

Its very much a "are you still beating your wife?" question and it's kinda super dumb. Not "is your mum still a whore" levels of dallas dumb but its dumb.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Yeah but the correct answer here was “no way man, she’s the GOAT, go Iowa.”

It costs him nothing.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

No Butt Stuff posted:

Yeah but the correct answer here was “no way man, she’s the GOAT, go Iowa.”

It costs him nothing.

It may actually cost him something. The idiots asking the question may be looking for the stupid meathead mentality of "I can beat everyone at everything."

That being said, I do agree with your correct answer.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
T-Minus one hour till Daniel Jeremiah's final mock draft.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Happy draftsmas eve!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

A Sneaker Broker posted:

T-Minus one hour till Daniel Jeremiah's final mock draft.

Hornery for content

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Woozie66 posted:

It may actually cost him something. The idiots asking the question may be looking for the stupid meathead mentality of "I can beat everyone at everything."

The types of people who don't want Caleb Williams because he paints his nails.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Anderson Koopa posted:

Happy draftsmas eve!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4TbQfgfzvoE

The Glumslinger posted:

Who the gently caress would be dumb enough to take that rumor seriously?

As a Pats fan I would very much like to trade back with Minnesota or someone and still come away with our QB of the future.

I also acknowledge it is one of the dumbest rumors in football history and will never happen

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Docjowles posted:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4TbQfgfzvoE

As a Pats fan I would very much like to trade back with Minnesota or someone and still come away with our QB of the future.

I also acknowledge it is one of the dumbest rumors in football history and will never happen

Trade back would be awesome and probably ideal. That way we can hopefully get an OT / WR. I'm still scared of drafting QBs in the first round, but that's a me problem. I can understand the rationale behind going QB with #3 overall, but that would be my least preferred scenario.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Anderson Koopa posted:

Trade back would be awesome and probably ideal. That way we can hopefully get an OT / WR. I'm still scared of drafting QBs in the first round, but that's a me problem. I can understand the rationale behind going QB with #3 overall, but that would be my least preferred scenario.

Why are you scared of drafting QBs in the first round?

That’s where good qbs come from!

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

I'm personally hoping the Patriots take MHJ or trade the pick down. Too many holes on that roster for a rookie QB to fix.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

https://x.com/MoveTheSticks/status/1783282328103436682

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I would take Drake Maye and simply let him sit for a year(I'm not actually that worried about him, I don't think he's a "project" I just think his footwork needs cleaning up which like is something you can do in the league.

I also think extremely highly of Drake Maye, and think he's a better prospect than anyone in next year's draft by a large margin though. Let Brissett be the sacrifice.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Dexo posted:

I would take Drake Maye and simply let him sit for a year(I'm not actually that worried about him, I don't think he's a "project" I just think his footwork needs cleaning up which like is something you can do in the league.

I also think extremely highly of Drake Maye, and think he's a better prospect than anyone in next year's draft by a large margin though. Let Brissett be the sacrifice.

This is a logical take but when they open the season 1-4 the calls for the rookie to start will be deafening. Probably loudest of all from Kraft

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Docjowles posted:

This is a logical take but when they open the season 1-4 the calls for the rookie to start will be deafening. Probably loudest of all from Kraft

Even then I'd be fine playing Drake Maye, it's not like he's not used to playing behind a lovely offensive line with no weapons.

The Patriots are probably an upgrade over what UNC was rolling out especially when Tez was hurt.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2024-nfl-mock-draft-4-0

Here we go

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Why are you scared of drafting QBs in the first round?

That’s where good qbs come from!

Spreadsheet of QBs drafted.

I put together a little spreadsheet showing the status of the last QB drafted team by team. In the AFC if I am counting correctly 7/16 starters were drafted by their original team in the first round. Baker Mayfield was a first round pick, but the Browns cut him loose a little too early it appears.

In the NFC only 3 teams still have their first round QB still on the roster. Those teams are the Giants, Cardinals, and the Packers.

I also learned in this exercise that the Saints don't really like to draft that many QBs.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Anderson Koopa posted:

Spreadsheet of QBs drafted.

I put together a little spreadsheet showing the status of the last QB drafted team by team. In the AFC if I am counting correctly 7/16 starters were drafted by their original team in the first round. Baker Mayfield was a first round pick, but the Browns cut him loose a little too early it appears.

In the NFC only 3 teams still have their first round QB still on the roster. Those teams are the Giants, Cardinals, and the Packers.

I also learned in this exercise that the Saints don't really like to draft that many QBs.

That’s good data and I salute your effort.

Still, the majority of the great qbs were drafted in the first round, and early in the first round.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The commies are really going to take Daniels even if he doesn't want to be there?

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Ornery and Hornery posted:

That’s good data and I salute your effort.

Still, the majority of the great qbs were drafted in the first round, and early in the first round.

Thank you! I agree it's fairly straight forward to identify who has a good chance at being a QB in the NFL, but some guys never really make the leap. I think if anything first round draft picks that failed to catch on with previous teams are where I would try to do my QB shopping. I like a good reclamation project like Baker Mayfield resurrecting his career.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daniel Jeremiah's Final Mock Draft:

1. Bears: Caleb Williams
  2. Commanders: Jayden Daniels
  3. Patriots: Drake Maye
  4. Cardinals: Marvin Harrison Jr
  5. Chargers: JC Latham
  6. Giants: Malik Nabers
  7. Titans: Joe Alt
  8. Falcons: Dallas Turner
  9. Bears: Olu Fashanu
  10. Jets: Rome Odunze
  11. Vikings: JJ McCarthy
  12. Eagles (Trade): Taliese Fuaga
  13. Raiders: Michael Penix Jr
  14. Saints: Troy Fautanu
  15. Colts: Brock Bowers
  16. Seahawks: Terrion Arnold
  17. Jaguars: Quinyon Mitchell
  18. Bengals: Byron Murphy II
  19. Commanders (Trade): Amarius Mims
  20. Steelers: Tyler Guyton
  21. Dolphins: Johnny Newton
  22. Broncos (Trade): Bo Nix
  23. Vikings: Chop Robinson
  24. Cowboys: Graham Barton
  25. Packers: Cooper DeJean
  26. Buccaneers: Jared Verse
  27. Cardinals: Laiatu Latu
  28. Bills: Brian Thomas Jr
  29. Lions: Kool-Aid McKinstry
  30. Ravens: Nate Wiggins
  31. 49ers: Xavier Worthy
  32. Chiefs: Adonai Mitchell

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Schrager: there will be a river of trades, trades like we’ve never seen before, some are calling it the most trades maybe ever

DJ: eh there might be like 2 and none of them are in the top 10

Nobody knows anything despite thousands of hours of coverage lol. Not that it stops me from following it

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Endorsed. I’ll take Odunze without having to trade up right now.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Endorsed. I’ll take Odunze without having to trade up right now.

Yeah this is a good outcome. I'd rather trade up for Nabers or MHJ though because I think they are a tier above Odunze.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
The Chargers taking Latham at #5 is wild to see in a mock.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

I'd be giddy if it broke down that way and it allowed the Giants to get Nabers

But I think the more likely outcome, because I'm a pessimist at heart, is gonna be:

Bears: Williams
Commanders: Daniels
Pats or Vikings: Maye
Cards: MHJ
Chargers: Nabers

Leaving the Giants to choose from Odunze or Mccarthy and I feel like JJ is gonna be the guy at which point I really, really hope my edible has already started to kick in

24 more hours!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZSsHKhAN2c4pQDV9HP1Dxxt4swaJAScTGPryEF4xMBQ/edit?usp=sharing

Final 150 I think and redid the top 10s

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Daniel Jeremiah's Final Mock Draft:

1. Bears: Caleb Williams
  2. Commanders: Jayden Daniels
  3. Patriots: Drake Maye
  4. Cardinals: Marvin Harrison Jr
  5. Chargers: JC Latham
  6. Giants: Malik Nabers
  7. Titans: Joe Alt
  8. Falcons: Dallas Turner
  9. Bears: Olu Fashanu
  10. Jets: Rome Odunze
  11. Vikings: JJ McCarthy
  12. Eagles (Trade): Taliese Fuaga
  13. Raiders: Michael Penix Jr
  14. Saints: Troy Fautanu
  15. Colts: Brock Bowers
  16. Seahawks: Terrion Arnold
  17. Jaguars: Quinyon Mitchell
  18. Bengals: Byron Murphy II
  19. Commanders (Trade): Amarius Mims
  20. Steelers: Tyler Guyton
  21. Dolphins: Johnny Newton
  22. Broncos (Trade): Bo Nix
  23. Vikings: Chop Robinson
  24. Cowboys: Graham Barton
  25. Packers: Cooper DeJean
  26. Buccaneers: Jared Verse
  27. Cardinals: Laiatu Latu
  28. Bills: Brian Thomas Jr
  29. Lions: Kool-Aid McKinstry
  30. Ravens: Nate Wiggins
  31. 49ers: Xavier Worthy
  32. Chiefs: Adonai Mitchell

This draft sucks. Seahawks stick and pick a fuckin corner ??? The Seahawks are trading fuckin back to someone who wants to take a corner at 16
Chargers don't take the WR2??? BEARS DONT TAKE ODUNZE?

Draft is this dudes life and he just shits this poo poo out??? God I wish I could get into his grift

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

EmbryoSteve posted:

This draft sucks. Seahawks stick and pick a fuckin corner ??? The Seahawks are trading fuckin back to someone who wants to take a corner at 16
Chargers don't take the WR2??? BEARS DONT TAKE ODUNZE?

Draft is this dudes life and he just shits this poo poo out??? God I wish I could get into his grift

It’s lame that seattle takes a cb and it’s lamer that they don’t pick the tall strong fast Mitchell cb!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Byron Murphy at 18 is robbery.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it kicks rear end

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Cavauro posted:

it kicks rear end

I would bet a lot of USD that he wont be there at 18

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I’m excited for the Chiefs to trade out of the first round when Mitchell and McConkey are gone.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The best part of this draft, at least to me, is that it seems nobody can agree on how it will go past the top 2. It will suck if it goes chalk to someone's prediction but the chaos factor seems higher this year than previously

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I like Latham more than most but the Chargers taking him at 5 would be hilarious

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

kiimo posted:

I like Latham more than most but the Chargers taking him at 5 would be hilarious

Harbaugh will establish the run.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

My cynical but sincere take is that Schraeger is an NFL employee and is just doing his part to hype up interest in the draft.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

fsif posted:

My cynical but sincere take is that Schraeger is an NFL employee and is just doing his part to hype up interest in the draft.

I’m pretty sure he’s picked the superbowl winner for the last 5 years prior to the season starting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

mcmagic posted:

I would bet a lot of USD that he wont be there at 18

i bet all of your money that he will be there and that the bengals will gain the mysterious bonus first round pick by selecting the player who it was assigned to