Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Joementum posted:

how does the DCCC still manage to convince two or three of these type of guys to lose every two years?

https://x.com/ike4co/status/1771212681334145467?s=46

lol this guy

Colorado District 4 Democratic candidate arrested for allegedly violating protection order

www.cbsnews.com posted:

2024-01-05T10:31:00-0700
/ CBS Colorado

Colorado Congressional District 4 candidate Ike McCorkle was arrested earlier this week in Douglas County on suspicion of violating a protection order.

The Douglas County Sheriff's Office confirmed that on Jan. 2 just before 7 p.m., deputies responded to a call at a home with a Parker address on an alleged restraining order violation. 

Dispatch advised responding deputies that McCorkle's uncle stated that he had a restraining order against him, and that Ike had sent him an email on New Year's Eve, which violated the terms of the protection order. His uncle had filed the order in November 2022 after receiving threats over a family dispute. That order was granted, and Douglas County deputies served Ike with the no-contact order that same month. 

McCorkle's uncle stated over the phone that the email stated "Love you. Please withdraw your court filings against me. I am really busy as you can imagine and don't have time to deal with it. I apologize if you were unnerved. Perhaps we were both a bit in the wrong. Happy New Year! Ike." 

Deputies reviewed the order, which was put into effect on Sept. 24, 2022, with an expiration date of Sept. 24, 2024. The order states the defendant "shall have no contact with the plaintiff or protected persons except through attorneys, legal process, or court hearings." 

On Jan. 2, when contacted by deputies, McCorkle admitted to deputies that he sent the email on Dec. 31, 2023, and that he was aware of the protection order that was in place. He was taken into custody and booked into the Douglas County Jail. 

According to Colorado statutes, violation of a protection order is a Class 2 misdemeanor. McCorkle is scheduled to be in court next on Feb. 27 at 10:30 a.m. 

McCorkle provided the following statement to CBS News Colorado:

"As many often do at the end of the year, I was reflecting on my relationships and their importance to me. In doing so, I reached out to friends and loved ones to share a message of love and support. This yearly outreach included my uncle, which is now the subject of a legal matter. No one who knows me could ever deny that I love my family deeply. This includes my uncle. Our closeness was unfortunately overshadowed by family tragedy when my grandmother (his mother) passed away, to which he has never fully recovered. I will continue to be guided by my values and will use my platform to pursue mental health awareness. Meanwhile, my focus remains unchanged – to assist and support the people of Colorado; to help unify government and policy in a way that benefits our community; and to enable our citizens to find the voice to challenge ineffective leadership and fight for the future of Colorado. Together, we can preserve this great state and unite under a common goal."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Truthfully that's probably one of the reasons they can't get a handle on this
it's not left/right or lower/upper class fighting
the colleges are explicitly upper class v. upper class so they can't just trot out some gaslighting bullshit or say "Russia's seeding this chaos" and sweep it away, nor can they just threaten to blackball the privileged kids because they're literally the elite class

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
nm

B B
Dec 1, 2005

The Oldest Man posted:

you're confused and think harvard and columbia are schools rather than multi-billion dollar, tax-sheltered investment funds with a side gig in enforcing ideological compliance in the next generation of court functionaries

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

These are ivy league colleges - they're grooming the next generation of the ruling class
noncompliance at such an early stage of their evolution cannot be tolerated for fear of what it may lead to when they come into their inherited power

joepinetree posted:

The "ask" of these protests is for their universities to divest from Israel. Columbia university has an endowment of almost 14 billion dollars. Harvard is 50 billion.

Truthfully that's probably one of the reasons they can't get a handle on this
it's not left/right or lower/upper class fighting
the colleges are explicitly upper class v. upper class so they can't just trot out some gaslighting bullshit or say "Russia's seeding this chaos" and sweep it away, nor can they just threaten to blackball the privileged kids because they're literally the elite class

People are fighting with riot cops because they want the schools to sell stocks????

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

B B posted:

People are fighting with riot cops because they want the schools to sell stocks????

yup

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

i have never once drunk emailed my uncle

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

B B posted:

I didn't make that claim. I don't know how you're reading that from my posts at all?

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

B B posted:

Why do college presidents have any sway over the Israeli government? I’m really confused by this whole thing. If Harvard asks to end the war then the Israeli government will just stop?

And yes, to preempt your response: I am indeed a drooling, smooth-brained moron who is completely ignorant of history.

Minouche Shafik served as deputy governor of the Bank of England and also previously as permanent secretary of the United Kingdom Department for International Development from 2008 to 2011. She has also served as a vice president at the World Bank and as deputy managing director of the International Monetary Fund.She was gazetted as Baroness Shafik, of Camden in the London Borough of Camden and of Alexandria in the Arab Republic of Egypt, in the 2020 Political Honours and was introduced to the House of Lords on 15 October 2020. She sits as a crossbencher and made her maiden speech on 28 January 2021.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

RealityWarCriminal posted:

it's a depressing reminder that nothing will ever change and they will destroy your life for trying. makes me want to leave for another better country

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Minouche Shafik served as deputy governor of the Bank of England and also previously as permanent secretary of the United Kingdom Department for International Development from 2008 to 2011. She has also served as a vice president at the World Bank and as deputy managing director of the International Monetary Fund.She was gazetted as Baroness Shafik, of Camden in the London Borough of Camden and of Alexandria in the Arab Republic of Egypt, in the 2020 Political Honours and was introduced to the House of Lords on 15 October 2020. She sits as a crossbencher and made her maiden speech on 28 January 2021.

this is why we need to ratify the Titles of Nobility Amendment

i really wish i could get elected on a platform of abolishing animal agriculture, gun ownership, and promoting constitutional crankery in Vermont, but alas

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

The Oldest Man posted:

all those blm organizers who committed suicide by shooting themselves in their cars that they also set on fire?

the boeing guy who very definitely committed suicide after being asked by boeing to stay in town and telling everyone he knew that if he was found dead it wasn't suicide was more recent and could have been the feds doing their pals in the private sector a favor

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
ahahaahah i just saw the "four more years pause" video ahahahaahahahaah we're so hosed

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

atelier morgan posted:

the boeing guy who very definitely committed suicide after being asked by boeing to stay in town and telling everyone he knew that if he was found dead it wasn't suicide was more recent and could have been the feds doing their pals in the private sector a favor

that had more "one guy on the boeing board who is definitely going down for criminal conspiracy hired someone to blackmail this guy and something went horrifically wrong" energy i m o

B B
Dec 1, 2005

Joementum posted:

ahahaahah i just saw the "four more years pause" video ahahahaahahahaah we're so hosed

it loving rules

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Joementum posted:

btw, i called that guy an animated recruitment poster.... and then i visited his website

why your hand look like this

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010
I just lurk here so this is probably obvious to all the posters but it's crazy to me how the Democrats have completely dropped any pretense of believing in any liberal/progressive cause that a Dem voter of 2000-2016 would have identified with.

quote:

Hochul, who called the Columbia protest “visceral” following a visit on Monday, told reporters on Wednesday that Johnson was politicizing the issue, adding: “I’d encourage the speaker to go back and perhaps take up the migrant bill, the bill to deal with closing the border, so we can deal with a real crisis that New York has.

I guess people would say "they never believed in any of those things, you fool, you idiot", but it's very stark how the party and the whole nation relies on liberals having a goldfish memory.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

trump will simply be president again

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

I guess Fight With Ike was a promise and not a request

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The Demilich posted:

lol at that Jim Carrey looking mofo.
Telling Boebert to get McCorkled though sounds hilarious.

aitee biden

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

what the gently caress is a sephardic jew?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Nichael posted:

why your hand look like this

glazing your hand then going door knocking

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Scarabrae posted:

specialized role you can spec into

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

The funniest thing is these ivy League kids are directly drawn from to be congressional pages and staffers too

im afraid due to their infirmity of character congressional pages will now have to be drawn from fresno and chico state, who did not protest due to working 3 jobs and tending to their sickly abuela

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Al! posted:

trump will simply be president again

i mean, there's still a pretty good chance one of their hearts / heads explode before november but if that doesn't happen yeah obv

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

a helpful bear posted:

lol that's the videogame review guy from G4. he's getting dragged and ratiod in the replies. Also lamenting how "my audience can't read the subtlty in my posts about how they all deserve to have their teeth kicked in"

https://twitter.com/AdamSessler/status/1783275589383905724?t=lYSeCoDteFK2YiWW7Q4bmw&s=19

https://x.com/dril/status/1783289375738192326

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

I didn't make that claim. I don't know how you're reading that from my posts at all?

we need a succ thread graphic for getting got by syq.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Some Guy TT posted:

if you or anyone else finds out anything let me know i can get to chicago relatively easy to protest but not having any place to sleep is a bit tougher

maybe someone should start a thread on resources for this, as I imagine a lot of people here would want to go

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
the buchanan joe admin is going to deploy psychic dominators in chicago for the convention

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The Oldest Man posted:

you're confused and think harvard and columbia are schools rather than multi-billion dollar, tax-sheltered investment funds with a side gig in enforcing ideological compliance in the next generation of court functionaries

yup

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Scarabrae posted:

Catholic work ethic installed instead of Protestant

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

Willa Rogers posted:

:aochloe:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

HallelujahLee posted:

the buchanan joe admin is going to deploy psychic dominators in chicago for the convention

weather control device seems more like their speed

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

aclu & other groups are already trying for an injunction for various police plans.

Maybe they'll get those, but then the cops will just all "spontaneously" decide to do all those actions anyway. Not like a democrat is gonna actually take the police to task

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Nichael posted:

lol

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Nichael posted:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Willa Rogers posted:

that feels unfair if it's a reply non-sequitur :smithmouth:

B B
Dec 1, 2005

yeah, this is it

that feels unfair if it's a reply non-sequitur :smithmouth:

sorry buddy it was a blind fire at anyone who replied to me :glomp:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Joementum posted:

i mean, there's still a pretty good chance one of their hearts / heads explode before november but if that doesn't happen yeah obv

trump will be immortal as long as they keep feeding him speed. this was a theory lou reed had, and so far trump has borne it out

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the second trump misses a dose hes going to end up looking like.......lou reed after he stopped doing speed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
trump is secretly working with nod