Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

NienNunb posted:

Getting to hear Chuck and Ernie instead of Excalibur is the opposite of a problem.

I don't evenb think it was that, it was just shoes squeaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Critical posted:

Ship Jericho back to his palacial estate, he's cooked

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Main Event Tony Khan

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
NienNunb finally got his wish. Tony Khan is loving dead. 😔

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Wow, that was way worse than anything CM Punk did. I hope those Bucks and the Scapegoat will be fired

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

finally the coward has been brought to justice

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I can't believe Tony didn't get color. Tony! TONYYYYYYYYYYY!

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

the audio was so bad they killed tony on air for it

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Parallax posted:

they need to kill that soundboard and buy a new one

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Hell thread gonna feast good this week!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

that was a drat good show. no notes.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

1glitch0 posted:

Hell thread gonna feast good this week!

We always have been

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

apophenium posted:

Wow, that was way worse than anything CM Punk did. I hope those Bucks and the Scapegoat will be fired

:siren: Who's got the authority to fire them?! :siren:

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

I mostly enjoyed the show but I am legit mad that the new world champion was an afterthought

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

Writer Cath posted:

:siren: Who's got the authority to fire them?! :siren:

:aaa:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Shard posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NVQ8v1P4go

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MJeff posted:

NienNunb finally got his wish. Tony Khan is loving dead. 😔

Real monkey’s paw situation that it came about due to Jungle Ball Sack Perry.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Parallax posted:

:hai: thank god

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Jackie D posted:

I mostly enjoyed the show but I am legit mad that the new world champion was an afterthought

This is one of the very few situations you wish AEW was a little more like WWE. AEW chose to do a stacked show with a bunch of different stuff that advanced a bunch of different storylines but because the world champ went on first and he didn't cut a promo you practically forget he was even on the show. WWE starts from "How can we get our one or two most important stars more over?" while AEW starts from "How can we have the best pro wrestling show possible?"

As much as you can (and as much as I have) criticize MJF, that was something he understood. He felt like the most important thing on the show because his stories had multiple segments. Problem is his content was dogshit.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

i think putting swerve on the very top of the show would have felt bigger. plus it's weird with all the story line set-up all over the show it's the guy swerve was wrestling who got the progression and not swerve

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Yeah, like it's a small part of the show, but it's a pretty drat important part, and it wouldnt have taken much adjustment to the show to fix it. As it is it really feels like they're treating Swerve as second rate, even Joe got more focus after winning the belt, to say nothing of anyone else before that.

I'm glad Tony is dead

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Parallax posted:

i think putting swerve on the very top of the show would have felt bigger. plus it's weird with all the story line set-up all over the show it's the guy swerve was wrestling who got the progression and not swerve

swerve did progress his story, though his story is that he is cool as hell and spends his life exclusively doing cool poo poo

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jackie D posted:

Yeah, like it's a small part of the show, but it's a pretty drat important part, and it wouldnt have taken much adjustment to the show to fix it. As it is it really feels like they're treating Swerve as second rate, even Joe got more focus after winning the belt, to say nothing of anyone else before that.

I'm glad Tony is dead

this isn't a swerve thing. They've done this with Jericho, Omega, Hangman, Punk, MJF, Joe. All the world champs. In fact it was one of the things that struck me about AEW early on, how different things on different nights were treated as the most important thing that night. I understand though if you think the world champ should always be the most important. But it is something I like about AEW because as MJeff pointed out, it allows more than one thing to be pushed. And I like more things than just one or two people being over.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The real answer is, they're starting Swerve's build to Double or Nothing NEXT week, so this was just something to get him on TV next week and probably wasn't though of as much more than that because, again, they had so many other stories to push tonight.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

and correct me if I'm wrong this might be the first time we've had a new world champ and they wrestled on the very next show. I don't know about yall but I like seeing my world champ wrestle. That was a nice change.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think we can hold off on full hell thread fury if Swerve doesn't get mic time next week.

It's a small thing but I think Swerve is just continuing the fighting champion vibe Joe was sorta going for.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/status/1783308941830537539

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Shard posted:

and correct me if I'm wrong this might be the first time we've had a new world champ and they wrestled on the very next show. I don't know about yall but I like seeing my world champ wrestle. That was a nice change.

Jericho wrestled on the next Dynamite after he won the title (this does not count as they were weeks apart).
Moxley was booked for a match but taken out.
Omega didn't.
Hangman didn't.
Punk wrestled a trios match with FTR against the Acclaimed, that's where he broke his foot.
Moxley wrestled in Blood and Guts.
Punk obviously didn't.
I don't think Moxley did.
MJF didn't.
Joe didn't.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Shard posted:

It is but it's also the first time they didn't address the crowd or anything, I remember how pissed people were when Thunder Rosa didn't get to talk after winning the title, and at least that was because of an angle they were doing with her and Nyla! even just a boilerplate I Will Take On All Comers kind of statement would have probably gone a long way.

Shinjobi posted:

I think we can hold off on full hell thread fury if Swerve doesn't get mic time next week.

It's a small thing but I think Swerve is just continuing the fighting champion vibe Joe was sorta going for.

Fair, I swear I'm not that irate about it but it's on my radar. Also the rest of the show was pretty drat good and Hobbs getting hurt just bums me out

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jackie D posted:

I'm glad Tony is dead

:agreed: completely. Especially when they could have at least replayed part of his scrum promo for the audience to fill time and get people hyped for the first black world champ

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

KungFu Grip posted:

hell posting to say why does a company thats 5 years old have audio issues like they did tonight. cant be just because they were outside because the commentary table's audio was hosed up for awhile too

Heard it was a TBS thing(like it usually is) and it was fine elsewhere

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Shard posted:

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
If they're setting up Swerve being one of the primary enemies of the New Elite and maybe even his next challenger is Jack Perry(or Hangman) I think it makes sense that he didn't do much on this show because they had to set up the New Elite first. But otherwise it's gonna be kind of meh.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

What were the sound issues? I didn't notice anything on Triller except that Serena's promo into the camera was a little low.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tbs records and plays back the show audio from inside a warehouse using the cameras that are capturing it as a source, instead of sending the feed directly. the streaming platforms do it normal. the reason they do this is so that they can change any sound that they want to change before it airs on their network, in case someone says gently caress or says poo poo more than a few times

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

flashy_mcflash posted:

What were the sound issues? I didn't notice anything on Triller except that Serena's promo into the camera was a little low.

Every promo seemed like it started low and then was hastily corrected, at least it seemed that way for the opening Elite promo and then the Moxley one.

TK eating a TK Driver was so loving funny, as was Shahid making an appearance. If the Jaguars have a bad draft we can blame the EVPs

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

If Jack Perry is the new leader I'll buy it. He's wayyyyy better at this than the Bucks.

Oh and we called this being Tony's Vince/Bret moment.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I SURE PICKED THE WEEK TO MISS

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

show stank rear end last night

the audio sucked, wtf
no swerve promo????
Jay White reduced to a gauntlet jobber

awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

it was good