Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Alex Salmond knows what a woman is. He just walks into the room and checks who covers their drink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Rarity posted:

Alba exists cause the SNP weren't terfy enough

Well yes, but it's not like Fergus Ewing & Kate Forbes & Joanne Cherry aren't still in the SNP, there's plenty of anti-trans bigots there already. But I was more asking why Salmond would be deluded to think his vanity party would pick up more seats than last time out, which was nil.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Alballbags.

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

Scotland getting its VONC on. Life sure comes at you fast. Reckon he'll scrape through but depends how pissed off the Greens are. Pretty embarrassing if he needs the presiding officer to decide. That one Alba MSP is going to be after some bizarre concessions most likely.

Zalakwe fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Apr 25, 2024

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Seems apparent that Sturgeon was holding the SNP together by sheer force of will. Shame about that whole police investigation thing.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

If I were the Greens I would bloc vote no and then stamp on his balls to get concessions if he wants a saving vote within the 28 day window.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/PA/status/1783483008097415217

:gary::lol: and :lmao::yarg:

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Assume Fox will double down and also call the judge a paedophile.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
The guardian has an article about reactions to the youth mobility thing.

British youth: We'd loving love to escape the uk
EU youth: Uh, no thanks

also
:lol:

quote:

Goldsmith, who is 85 and lives in London, said: “I feel even more betrayed by Labour on this.
“I’ve voted Labour all my life and I keep having to persuade myself that Starmer is playing the long game and trying to form the next government before he can take a position on it.

:lmao: :smith:

quote:

“Dynamic young European people are lucky as they have the whole of Europe to roam around. We’re confined to this little island.”

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
really feels like the snp could have saved the agreement from the green membership vote by just making any kind of mild concession on anything, but no pissing them all off even further is the way to go i guess

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

As funny as this is, this has happened so many times now that I assume he loses a trial once or twice a week now.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Gorn Myson posted:

As funny as this is, this has happened so many times now that I assume he loses a trial once or twice a week now.

Lawsuits Georg, who loses 47953 lawsuits a day, is an outlier and should never have been counted.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

£180k damages means there's probably hefty legal costs too. I've been F5'ing for news on this, but nothing so far

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

Lawsuits Georg, who loses 47953 lawsuits a day, is an outlier and should never have been counted.

Law-Rinsed Fox.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

sinky posted:

The guardian has an article about reactions to the youth mobility thing.

quote:

I’ve voted Labour all my life and I keep having to persuade myself that Starmer is playing the long game and trying to form the next government before he can take a position on it.
I am so loving sick of hearing this. Starmer is dangerous because he just wants to be in power and will do whatever to get there. That's an incredibly backwards way for a politician to operate.

I honestly think we might end up seeing a CON/LAB coalition because of that soulless gently caress.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I honestly think we might end up seeing a CON/LAB coalition because of that soulless gently caress.

To be fair, that's exactly what Labour is at the moment. It's just a different group of middle managers who want to touch the buttons.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Does that guy genuinely believe he's going to flood the legal system with libel suits and he will get the law changed in his favor or something along those lines? He's rather strange.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Mom (the electorate) said it's my turn on the xbox (the big dial taht says racism).

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Popbitch are saying that Fox has lost the backing of his sugar daddy as well, so he is proper hosed.

It costs about £300k to lose a libel case, but that is usually 1:1. This case is at least 2:1 so I would guess he is looking at £450k legal costs, add on the £180k damages he is at about £630k.

That's a lot of money.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Nonsense posted:

Does that guy genuinely believe he's going to flood the legal system with libel suits and he will get the law changed in his favor or something along those lines? He's rather strange.
Doing so many torts that the counter rolls over to negative numbers.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Fox isn’t going to have much cash left for those 3 weekends a year Billie lets him see the kids

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
Lawrence Fox gets his next criminal trial free having got 6 stamps in his loyalty card.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

smellmycheese posted:

Fox isn’t going to have much cash left for those 3 weekends a year Billie lets him see the kids

Maybe he's gonna get sponsorship from the Grim Grey Sausages and Dry Mangetout Meal Company

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

OwlFancier posted:

Law-Rinsed Fox.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/LozzaFox/status/1783501374321308151

OwlFancier posted:

Law-Rinsed Fox.

Funka
Jan 4, 2006

lol is that from CICA compensation? Which is notoriously low. I suspect he's considering selling a leg.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Lady Justice when it comes to Lozza: :staredog:

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
brb losing both my legs at work so I can libel people for free

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

He's not even slightly appealing.

Eugh.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

smellmycheese posted:

quote:

Fox disputed some of Piper's claims. He also said that the pair had been to court many times since their split and criticised the family court system as biased towards the mother.

:rolleyes: I mean maybe it is but dudes like you are why they tend to be that way. I've met this kind of guy, they suck

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
They're about 50:50 except when the guy keeps on going on about how child safeguarding laws were invented by the deep state to punish men, in which case their 'not a child abuser' tshirt...

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Runcible Cat posted:

He's not even slightly appealing.

Eugh.

He hasn’t got a leg to stand on etc

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Imagine spending your life like Lawrence Fox losing all your money libeling people and protesting with the ugliest sections of humanity possible when you could be off in the sunset sipping margaritas somewhere, jeezo. I will never understand these people.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I assume the Fox family sit on a big pile of money, so he’s never going to be destitute.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Anyone got any experience of the Independent Workers Union?

My niece works for a non-unionized small charity and emailed her line manager with some concerns re training & staff support (which I also find a bit concerning when she told me about them - she's talking to people online in the evenings in very emotional situations and there is no support - counselling or supervision - for those doing the individual 1-1 stuff which can be incredibly draining) and now they've put her on sick leave (SSP only) and are doing some sort of grievance procedure against her (I'm not 100% sure whether they're grievancing against her or whether they've taken her email - which was supposed to be private between her & her LM - as an official grievance against them.)

We (me, my sister-her mum, & step dad) have all said she should be in a union but were wondering which one & I seem to remember this one being recommended on here at some point? Or is there another union that might be more suitable?
Though as this is now an ongoing situation it's probably too late for this particular instance.

VVV I thought that but then saw they are doing something with the Rooted Finance charity - some of the complaints seem comparable with my niece's situation.

https://iwgb.org.uk/en/post/rooted-finance-strike/

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Apr 25, 2024

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

IWU is for I think, gig workers and the like.

But yeah, I don't think unions generally will deal with ongoing stuff.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

The_Doctor posted:

I assume the Fox family sit on a big pile of money, so he’s never going to be destitute.

“Help! help! I’m being oppressed!” I screech, safe in the knowledge that Paters trust fund is always there if things get really rough.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

OwlFancier posted:

IWU is for I think, gig workers and the like.

But yeah, I don't think unions generally will deal with ongoing stuff.

most unions will offer advice on pre-existing issues to new joiners but won't directly represent you for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

The_Doctor posted:

true, but generally these families do not appreciate hundreds of thousands of pounds of their fortune being burnt through for literally no reason