Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

SCOTUS

Criminal

criminal trial on recess atm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Almost Smart posted:

Every judge on SC knows exactly how they’re voting regarding the scope of presidential immunity; they’ve been locked into their positions for months at this point if not longer. They could issue a decision this very afternoon. But they won’t. We’re not going to hear poo poo until June 30 at the earliest.

Yeah you don't actually know that and the way the Supreme Court works isn't like any other court so no, they couldn't issue a ruling this afternoon. It's not a trial court.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

Serious_Cyclone posted:

I don't feel like I have the capability or desire to be outraged that Trump's inner circle celebrates an L as a 1488-D chess maneuver, it's sort of their brand

its not an L, the only goal is to delay things until after the election, like they know Trump is guilty and will probably lose every court case and that their only hope is to have him win the election and kill all the investigations. it'll probably work tbh

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Starting to get tired of this "Trump" guy

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

sharknado slashfic posted:

:mods:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Gorsuch sucks rear end

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

kazil posted:

Gorsuch sucks rear end

qft

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

sharknado slashfic posted:

Not possible, according go "TRUMP" everyone loves "TRUMP"

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Peepee President Paid a Price to Publisher Pecker

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

JAMOOOL posted:

its not an L, the only goal is to delay things until after the election, like they know Trump is guilty and will probably lose every court case and that their only hope is to have him win the election and kill all the investigations. it'll probably work tbh

I hope this is obvious to everyone. It's Trump's only play, and it's terrifying. Either he's wrong, he loses the election, all these trials come crashing down on him, and he's done. After the election and he loses, no one is going to make exceptions for him anymore.

But, if he wins, he's betting on full dictatorship, or something resembling it, such that he is truly above the law and none of these trials matter. Nothing matters anymore, except Trump.

That's the stakes as I see them.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

SCOTUS

Very real possibility that this gets remanded to a lower court

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

free hubcaps posted:

Peepee President Paid a Price to Publisher Pecker

How many judgments would Judge Chutkan chuck, since Judge Chutkan can chuck judgments?

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman
LOL

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

They should of course all be rounded up and tried for treason against the US but they won’t be.

I feel like this should be considered evidence in a conspiracy charge

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Yeah you don't actually know that and the way the Supreme Court works isn't like any other court so no, they couldn't issue a ruling this afternoon. It's not a trial court.
Sounds like Explaining…….. close to Endorsing…..

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

:sad:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

:owned:

bemusedchunk
May 10, 2021

this guy didn't trust the plan...

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Would be funnier if DJT wasn't currently at $38 :smith:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

But hey, it helped Trump a bit, right?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

:hellyeah:

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I still love the stock though and am voting for TRUMP

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

It’s back up to $38 a share now, should’ve held on for dear life there, RINO! :trumpsmug:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

He sold at the bottom!

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Seth Pecksniff posted:

https://supreme.justia.com/stages-of-supreme-court-case/

Yeah, it takes on average 4 months to publish and we’re only at Stage 4 of 8 with 2 months left, so even the beginning of July (historically) would be pretty quick.

But…

This is TRUMP god dammit!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Haven't heard much from Barrett

I feel like she made up her mind

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Lost 450k selling at 26.55 means you still have more retirement money than I ever will.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Trump does deserve priority executive service (to jail)

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Haven't heard much from Barrett

I feel like she made up her mind

I think she sides with the liberals but it's not enough to not be remanded back to the DC circuit

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

This is the content I crave, glad to see morons still ruining their lives for Trump.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

kazil posted:

Gorsuch sucks rear end

Yeah, more like Gor-SUCKS

rear end

Gorsucksass

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

redshirt posted:

I hope this is obvious to everyone. It's Trump's only play, and it's terrifying. Either he's wrong, he loses the election, all these trials come crashing down on him, and he's done. After the election and he loses, no one is going to make exceptions for him anymore.

But, if he wins, he's betting on full dictatorship, or something resembling it, such that he is truly above the law and none of these trials matter. Nothing matters anymore, except Trump.

That's the stakes as I see them.

Yeah I don't really get how any of that is something that can be misunderstood. They're not hiding it. They're not even just doing it publicly for everyone to see. They're out and out saying this is exactly what they want to do in their own words, constantly and with no ambiguity.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Alito sucks sooooo hard, god drat. The stuff he's hand wringing about (out-of-line prosecutors) applies to every single citizen.

Aramis fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Apr 25, 2024

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

bird food bathtub posted:

Yeah I don't really get how any of that is something that can be misunderstood. They're not hiding it. They're not even just doing it publicly for everyone to see. They're out and out saying this is exactly what they want to do in their own words, constantly and with no ambiguity.
I guess if we’re loling at Trump giving a courtroom the Dutch oven treatment it must be because we aren’t talking him seriously

Or possibly it’s preemptive gloating at the cringe libs. Could be both!

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

Fat and Useless posted:

Lost 450k selling at 26.55 means you still have more retirement money than I ever will.

not gonna be able to get that double dishwasher setup at this rate

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

bird food bathtub posted:

Yeah but Biden slightly older plus $8 eggs

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Toxic Mental posted:

Some randoms that were in the BLM crowds in my city smashed up the Jimmy John’s during a march and MAGA freaks haven’t stopped talking about it for four years as if it was Sherman burning down Atlanta

They must be jersey mikes fans.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

SCOTUS

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Suck it up, Sally. More's the pity you're not entirely bankrupt, as every MAGA and Qanon freak should have been years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Hobo Clown posted:

Yeah but Biden slightly older plus $8 eggs
The eggs are now $9.05 in my anecdotal experience