Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Man, I've had almost no interest in the draft at all, and suddenly it's draft day and i'm planning to stay up till 2am to watch the Dolphins disappoint me again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I think Brock Bowers is stupidly athletic and he cooked the SEC as an 18 year old playing against guys 3-4 years older than him. I don't think there's any rational reason to think his game wont translate.

If the WRs are gone, I'm fine with him.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/iamSauceGardner/status/1783499842095857892
lol

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
My sources are hearing it's actually long snapper at 10 for the Jets.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Oh no

https://twitter.com/HeraldSports/status/1783498127611228179?t=HU9GiToNPrDVP7PmUqF2nA&s=19

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wow he not only came crawling back but he was welcomed lmao

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
My only good Zach Wilson memory is getting off the plane in Seattle and my wife looking to improve my mood was like “hey cheer up the Jets won!” and immediately seeing the QB statline below the score and not knowing why Rodgers only had 1 pass and Wilson had obviously played the whole game. Truthfully going to be tough to top that moment.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

He's gone now. I know you need closure and it's good to express your feelings to help you move on. We're here for you.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Choose your fighter: Pretty Rickey or Tom Curran

https://twitter.com/prettyrickey213/status/1783508659974135927
https://twitter.com/tomecurran/status/1783507799873380467

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

I came around to the idea of Drake Maye. He seems to have the tools and if you get a good QB you have him under team control for 5 years. That gives you some time to assemble a team around him.

Trading back is cool too, roster has lots of holes to fill.

I want no part of JJ McCarthy.

Nov 6, 2002

Maye, MHJ or trade back.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
I feel like the team isn't smart enough to see they need MHJ as the pick.

Just loving trade it. Drafting Maye is just going to be the balloon farting around the room with the air flying out. A pick which will ruin this franchise for years.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I'll basically be happy if the Bills come away with a WR (even Ladd) and will be upset if they don't.

Big hope for a BTJ trade up and would mark out for a Watkins esque trade up for a top 3 guy. Mitchell is my favorite at 28.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
the idea that the wrong draft pick is going to ruin the pats is hilarious

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

I feel like the team isn't smart enough to see they need MHJ as the pick.

Just loving trade it. Drafting Maye is just going to be the balloon farting around the room with the air flying out. A pick which will ruin this franchise for years.

The Patriots fired Belichick and kept all the other cancer it's already ruined lol might as well pray a qb can work a miracle

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

fsif posted:

I'll basically be happy if the Bills come away with a WR (even Ladd) and will be upset if they don't.

Big hope for a BTJ trade up and would mark out for a Watkins esque trade up for a top 3 guy. Mitchell is my favorite at 28.
Yeah, I want a receiver tonight and ideally tomorrow or early Saturday as well.
We definitely need help elsewhere: OL, DL, S, even CB, but none of those is anywhere near as acute a need and this WR class is ridiculously stacked.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

if the pats miss on a QB pick at 3rd they are gonna get plenty of additional shots at it in the near future

Nov 6, 2002

Metapod posted:

The Patriots fired Belichick and kept all the other cancer it's already ruined lol might as well pray a qb can work a miracle

I still can't get over the idea that the Kraft Brain Trust decided the only problem with the team was the greatest coach ever and they didn't need to bring in any outside voices to coach or GM.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

The Patriots are starting from a position of being ruined. Almost anything they do will improve the team.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Jets have to go to 5 and get Nabers. I don't care if it takes the 2025 First.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Mac was the wrong pick and it ruined the last two years for them, this will be year 3

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

if the pats miss on a QB pick at 3rd they are gonna get plenty of additional shots at it in the near future

Which is why there is 0 justification to take a QB @ 3 tonight, let alone Drake Maye

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Mac Jones? edit: EFB

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

Which is why there is 0 justification to take a QB @ 3 tonight, let alone Drake Maye

Mac Jones? edit: EFB

There are literally multiple great WRs coming out every draft. Finding a good WR is way easier than getting a good QB

Nodoze fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Apr 25, 2024

BillsPhoenix
Jun 29, 2023
But what if Russia aren't the bad guys? I'm just asking questions...

fsif posted:

I dislike BTJr above 28, but I'm happy with a WR at 28.

My ideal is trade down to early 2nd and still get McConkey, but add a 3rd round to fill safety/cb. Wiggins or JPJ at 28 would also be great.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Mac Jones alone didn't sink the Patriots either, look how many other bad players were in those drafts...

Nov 6, 2002

Nodoze posted:

Mac Jones alone didn't sink the Patriots either, look how many other bad players were in those drafts...

If they had drafted and coached better the Pats would probably still be stuck running Mac back another season.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

if yall think that Mac ruined the pats you are deluding yourselves

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

If they had drafted and coached better the Pats would probably still be stuck running Mac back another season.

The team would simply be mediocre and "a qb away" instead of needing an entire offense

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Repeating patriots Vikings trade for 3. Making it happen. Making my source legitimate.

Miami who knows. This FO usually picks obvious picks but we can’t know what they’re planning. So much potential.

Been so busy expanding the office that i barely had time to look at The Beast and other draft stuff. Jealous of folks who have time to review prospects let again make their own top 100 lists.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Anderson Koopa posted:

The Patriots are starting from a position of being ruined. Almost anything they do will improve the team.

This is how I took the post. If they gently caress up the draft pick it's not like they can get much worse. They will simply remain poo poo for longer. So hopefully they don't do that!!!

That Schrager mock with the Pats trading back in to pick 32 to take a receiver is interesting. Doing it for Legette seems sketchy though, if the wisdom of the mock draft crowds is to be believed he should easily be there for them in the second and this team really can't afford to be selling picks

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The Pats were ruined by years of bad drafts and lovely coaching hires and no HoF QB to paper over them anymore. Mac didn’t ruin the franchise, he’s just a bad QB which is what they’d have ended up with whether they drafted him or not.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Repeating patriots Vikings trade for 3. Making it happen. Making my source legitimate.

Miami who knows. This FO usually picks obvious picks but we can’t know what they’re planning. So much potential.

Been so busy expanding the office that i barely had time to look at The Beast and other draft stuff. Jealous of folks who have time to review prospects let again make their own top 100 lists.

The most recent Ringer mock has them taking a super speedy WR from LSU, no idea how likely it is he’ll actually be there.

A week ago I’d have said heck no, but after seeing that Amon Ra St Brown deal? We gonna need some wideouts in the near future.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Woof that would have to be signifying the end of Hill in 2025 no?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/1783587488625307847

TRADE UP

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Giants trading up with the Pats is sort of best case scenario for the Pats. Trade down a little, still get a QB you like (assuming they like JJ) and additional picks

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Pats should trade back to 6 then trade back with the Jets. Then trade back with the uhhh Steelers.

Collect all the firsts for next year

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Amy Pole Her posted:

Woof that would have to be signifying the end of Hill in 2025 no?

They have to be planning for that. Given his retirement comments he's either going to actually retire, or demand eleventy jillion dollars

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Or finally be arrested for hitting someone

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/DMRussini/status/1783593333916610713

The Jets are going to get jumped like they did last year if they don't loving trade up.

https://twitter.com/DMRussini/status/1783551792640377049
If Joe Douglas was a good GM he would find a way to get one of these players.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Apr 25, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Okay final thoughts before the draft, largely redundant ones.

The only receivers I want at 28 are BTJ (who almost certainly won't be there) or AD Mitchell. If not those guys, I hope they can trade down into the early 2nd.

Would be cool to be able to pair a McConkey or Pearsall with a Worthy or Legette. Big Franklin fan, too. Fading Keon Coleman and Polk. My scouting is based on JustBombProductions hype videos.