Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

PawParole posted:

https://twitter.com/BakryMP/status/1783236786472231050

An Israeli-Egyptian war would topple the American empure, and this happening under Sisi would be very funny honestly.

egypt hasnt done poo poo, and isnt going to do poo poo, hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

America would do something very bad to Sisi if he attacked Israel, it's just not going to ever happen.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Israel is number two
https://twitter.com/Israel/status/1783492833883586775

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Finland used to be #1 in these happiness statistics, which is the reason why I think they are bullshit

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol you have to be extremely delusional to live in Israel and be happy. Is drug abuse extremely high in Israel?

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

The Alchemist posted:

Finland used to be #1 in these happiness statistics, which is the reason why I think they are bullshit

depends what time of the year they run the survey i guess

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I said come in! posted:

lol you have to be extremely delusional to live in Israel and be happy. Is drug abuse extremely high in Israel?

molly used to be yeah

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

I said come in! posted:

1. Those stats are definitely bullshit
2. Yes

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Fried Watermelon posted:

molly used to be yeah

The only way they can briefly experience love and empathy, I bet

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
make molly mandatory in Israel, imo

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Doesn't Lithuania have one of the highest suicide rates

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Leandros posted:

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
Lithuania has had negative population growth, with deaths and emigration outpacing new births, every year, continuously, since 1994

only 20,000 people were born in Lithuania in 2023

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

Mandel Brotset posted:

trained by the idf

Remember during the BLM protests people got cancelled as antisemetic for pointing out the real fact that Israel trained US police with neck kneeling compliance techniques they developed in Palestine.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Leandros posted:

Only the happy remain to answer the survey.

National Parks
Apr 6, 2016

I said come in! posted:

Why does their list skip 11, 13, 16, and 17?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
oh i didn't notice right away, that poll is specifically young people

zoomers just really want to go to war

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

this guy is a loving clown who loves to yap he's been saying stuff like this from october, hes a massive loving idiot

sisi owes his job to america and israel, he is their tool. full stop.

During the 1911 chinese revolution, a pretty common theme was soldiers kicking in the local commander's front door, putting a gun to his head, and telling him he was now in charge of the glorious revolution against the imperial order. i imagine something similar going down for sisi

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Truga posted:

oh i didn't notice right away, that poll is specifically young people

zoomers just really want to go to war

Nah it's simpler than that. Recently stolen land is still relatively evenly distributed. There's a sense of material future.

And since the people stolen from don't count, the net effect is a feeling of prosperity.

You can be a homeowner in your twenties if you are allowed to just take a home from an innocent family.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

OctaMurk posted:

Hey now that’s not fair I’m sure they’re going to be hard at work grinding the Palestinians that actually made it across the boarder into dirt

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

When I worked in IT there was a yearly employee satisfaction survey among all the major multinationals on which company was the best place to work and despite everyone being miserable we won it repeatedly. Feels similar.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

paul_soccer12 posted:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Retromancer posted:

Dick Cheney is not walking through that door! George W Bush is not walking through that door! Donald Rumsfeld is not walking through that door!

I love a good Pitino Game quote

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

OctaMurk posted:

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

gently caress, man

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

WoodrowSkillson posted:

DTA DTI Free Palestine

paul_soccer12 posted:

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
As a parent, I think about the story of the Palestinian girl that cried about school being dismissed back in October, the teacher assuring her it wouldn't be permanent, and her dying in a bombing the next day a lot

Dti dta

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

dead gay comedy forums posted:

Neoliberalism produced a very peculiar condition of "morality of conflict" that makes actual strategy in the great sense of the word impossible. As in: establishing clear terms of political-economic outcomes, what is required to do so, alternatives to consider etc. But also very importantly, terms of defeat. The concept of strategic loss seem to have vanished in the minds of neoliberal elites (thankfully so).

imo, this is inseparable from the American moral attitude, which craves and seeks the mythologized high of WW2. Everything has become a struggle for civilization itself. The American state seem to never have actually realized, as a whole, that they became imperial. There's this constant rhetoric of the plucky republic against the crown that got amped up back during the tail-end of the 20th century and definitely this one, but it is clearly ridiculous to anyone who knows a bit of History.

Then a Palestine uprising happens. Civilizational struggle, democracy, etc. But one side has an air force and the other doesn't. So doing an Operation Linebacker in 2024 seems a pretty good idea, until it succeeds only in breaking the entire strategic arrangement of the region and making the international order show its own rear end in uselessness, showing to everyone that can see its farcical nature for what it is. Heroic resistance against all odds inspire defiance elsewhere, like the brave Yemeni challenging control of the Red Sea and causes a hell of a scramble. And things keep escalating and people keep resisting and the plucky republic simply is having continuous blue-screens and tries to keep doing the same thing.

By historical measures, Israel and the United States have been already defeated, the question is how much worse they want to make this be. Answering this problem seems to be a critical difficulty for the neoliberal condition, as it requires the admission of a lot of things - especially a reckoning with material-historical things - and the risk of ideological collapse.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

hubris.height posted:

As a parent, I think about the story of the Palestinian girl that cried about school being dismissed back in October, the teacher assuring her it wouldn't be permanent, and her dying in a bombing the next day a lot

Dti dta

loving hell

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fell Mood posted:

I want so badly to know what they actually told that guy.

he most likely showed up and said:
"ok so we're gonna need you to evacuate the areas you are gonna attack like i did in falujah when i let 300k out before killing every living thing stuck in town"
and the israelis probably were like
"lol this guy really doesn't know"

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

PawParole posted:

https://twitter.com/BakryMP/status/1783236786472231050

An Israeli-Egyptian war would topple the American empure, and this happening under Sisi would be very funny honestly.

Egypt will not allow the Palestinian cause to be liquidated at the expense of Egyptian land. If the criminal Netanyahu thinks about violating the peace agreement and seeks to cross the red lines, this will be a disaster for him and his masters. Egypt is unbreakable, and the land of Sinai is a sacred land that cannot be neglected. Sisi is not alone, behind him is the great army and people of Egypt in the face of everyone who threatens Egyptian national security.

I mean, realpolitik and all, but I would not come out and say "genocide is fine as long as you stay on your side of the border".

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Egypt will not allow the Palestinian cause to be liquidated at the expense of Egyptian land. If the criminal Netanyahu thinks about violating the peace agreement and seeks to cross the red lines, this will be a disaster for him and his masters. Egypt is unbreakable, and the land of Sinai is a sacred land that cannot be neglected. Sisi is not alone, behind him is the great army and people of Egypt in the face of everyone who threatens Egyptian national security.

I mean, realpolitik and all, but I would not come out and say "genocide is fine as long as you stay on your side of the border".

not that i'd defend mustafa bakry (he's an incredibly dumb state hawk mouthpiece) but it doesn't say genocide is fine, they just don't care to do anything to help Palestinians unless it impacts the regime's survival even if they're against the genocide

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

hubris.height posted:

Dti dta

jesus christ

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

hubris.height posted:

Dti dta

A friend of mine talked about sniper rifle stuff and how focused you have to be to hit a target and hearing the stories about IDF intentionally shooting limbs and even the heads of children that are being carried by their parents broke something in me because the dedication to precision like that is from an absolute evil and dta dti

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

DesertIslandHermit posted:

A friend of mine talked about sniper rifle stuff and how focused you have to be to hit a target and hearing the stories about IDF intentionally shooting limbs and even the heads of children that are being carried by their parents broke something in me because the dedication to precision like that is from an absolute evil and dta dti

Weren't there stories of guys notching their guns after kneecapping march of return protesters back in 2015?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

DesertIslandHermit posted:

:negative:

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

HallelujahLee posted:

were all friends in cspam

nope

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

paul_soccer12 posted: