Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
daboll hating dumb loving faces just naked projection, smh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Wesley rules

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Oh no, the Bucs are having Ric Flair announce a 3rd round pick.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

The giants "insiders" have also been repeating for the past hour that the giants already have an agreement with the pats to trade from 6 to 3 for Maye FWIW

It's smokescreen season but these particular people have hit often enough that I was looking for a place to put $5 on it but can't find any odds on dk/fanduel in NY

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

Oh no, the Bucs are having Ric Flair announce a 3rd round pick.

Shouldn't that be Carolina? Ric will do anything for a buck.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I just want to laugh at the team who overpays for McCarthy, he has one Mac Jones decent year and then has a Mac Jones bad career

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Hot Take: Tackle and WR will make up at least 50% of the picks in the first round.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The Broncos will draft the first RB and it will be in the 3rd

e: our traded-for 2nd will be a corner

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

comedy option: first+future+surtain to trade up and then i'm gonna kill myself

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Comfortador posted:

So here's the deal. Brad Holmes loves that number 12 pick. He traded down to it last year to get Gibbs. He traded up to it the year before to get Jamo.

The Broncos might be trading back from the number 12 pick.

Brad's pick.

Come to us T. Arnold or Q. Mitchell... taste the GRIT.

I think the "Mitchell only plays Cover 4" stuff is a pretty big red flag considering Aaron Glenn's scheme.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

3 DONG HORSE posted:

comedy option: first+future+surtain to trade up and then i'm gonna kill myself

give us your first

we give you Taysom Hill

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I'd like to see Maye and Daboll.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Henchman of Santa posted:

I think the "Mitchell only plays Cover 4" stuff is a pretty big red flag considering Aaron Glenn's scheme.

Yeah I'd prefer Arnold myself, but trust in their evaluations.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

EmbryoSteve posted:

There are almost 400 pepeiple reading TFF right now but only the same ol 15 or so running their mouths in this and the other threads. Show yourselves lurkers post your hawt draft takes.

Penix, Daniels, and Nix will drop because of their ages and injury history/running history. QBs are underrated in needing to not have wear and tear on them besides leg injuries.

Latu isn't very good even before the neck injury and would be a 2nd rounder in most drafts.

People are insane for sleeping on Renardo Green.

JJ McCarthy is pretty decent and just needs to learn touch passes or have more experience throwing to WRs. A lot of his deficiencies can probably be made up with a good rapport with a good receiver.

Jackson Powers-Johnson's ceiling is okay center and people are going a bit too gaga over him because of his name. He's solid but not world beating.

Troy Fautanu is a left guard.

McMillan and Polk benefitted hugely from their offensive scheme and having Odunze near them.

Zak Zinter wasn't very good before the injury but will be drafted high because he's a behemoth.

Malachi Corley doesn't fight for balls thrown a little bit away from him.

Jeremiah Trotter Jr. is getting by on name recognition.

Caleb isn't a slam dunk pick and his arm talent on the run is just okay to bad. He has to set before throwing and isn't a dart guy like Rodgers or Mahomes.

The prospects after pick 25ish are mediocre and would be 3rd rounders or later in most drafts, just tons of potential without a lot to show for it or capped out in ability.

Audric Estime is the best RB in the draft but I'm too much of a coward to rate him higher.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
I'm ready for some Penix jokes in Las Vegas baby!

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

EmbryoSteve posted:

There are almost 400 pepeiple reading TFF right now but only the same ol 15 or so running their mouths in this and the other threads. Show yourselves lurkers post your hawt draft takes.

Here are some of mine:

Still believe penixs floor is number 13

JJ McCarthy is manufactured consent and has strong Mac Jones vibes and will not be good

Odunze is the WR1 (Homer take)

There will be no running backs drafted until the 3rd round (probably my hottest take)

Ok fine.

My hot take is that JJ ends up a top 3 QB from this class in four years. I think he's going to end up like an athletic Kirk Cousins. Solid, never an all pro, but better than most of his classmates.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

EmbryoSteve posted:

I wish the NFL draft worked like ESPN fantasy, and the whole thing was done in 3 hours.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Ayudo posted:

I wish the NFL draft worked like ESPN fantasy, and the whole thing was done in 3 hours.

only if some teams are forced to autodraft

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I think JJ will be significantly better than Macorkle

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

kiimo posted:

That's a really low bar!

joe football
Dec 22, 2012

Woozie66 posted:

Ok fine.

My hot take is that JJ ends up a top 3 QB from this class in four years. I think he's going to end up like an athletic Kirk Cousins. Solid, never an all pro, but better than most of his classmates.

An athletic cousins would in fact be an all pro at some point, I think

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

trades are cool and they should do a hundred of them

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Henchman of Santa posted:

Players don't decide what scheme they play in. There is nothing to suggest that he couldn't play man, or press zone in cover 4/6. His technique is insanely good and his athleticism would be a great fit for press. He'd just have to learn it.

Frankly I'd still take him or Wiggins at any spot. I like Arnold a lot but I think he's CB3 for me.

kiimo posted:

JJ reminds me a ton of Baker Mayfield in how he throws the ball. That is, he has zero touch. He's more athletic though which should help his ceiling. Even so, I'm inclined to agree that if there is a big bust from the top 4 guys it will be him, or Daniels.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

joe football posted:

An athletic cousins would in fact be an all pro at some point, I think

there's a difference between all-pro and pro bowl, unless you think he'll be a top three QB in the league at some point

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Iodised QQ posted:

The giants "insiders" have also been repeating for the past hour that the giants already have an agreement with the pats to trade from 6 to 3 for Maye FWIW

It's smokescreen season but these particular people have hit often enough that I was looking for a place to put $5 on it but can't find any odds on dk/fanduel in NY

Gimme Maye at 3, OT at 5, McCarthy at 6 to push Nabers/Odunze down the board please

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Play posted:

Players don't decide what scheme they play in. There is nothing to suggest that he couldn't play man, or press zone in cover 4/6. His technique is insanely good and his athleticism would be a great fit for press. He'd just have to learn it.

Frankly I'd still take him or Wiggins at any spot. I like Arnold a lot but I think he's CB3 for me.

JJ reminds me a ton of Baker Mayfield in how he throws the ball. That is, he has zero touch. He's more athletic though which should help his ceiling. Even so, I'm inclined to agree that if there is a big bust from the top 4 guys it will be him, or Daniels.

But Baker Mayfield is not a bust and is loving miles beyond Mac Jones which was my only real point. I do think Cousins is a better comp

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
big fan of the "broncos trade down and get (pe)nix anyway" scenario, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

alternatively - i wouldn't be shocked if Payton does it, everyone in the Broncos room high fives themselves for being so sensible, and then tomorrow Payton trades a 2025 3rd to move up 5 spots to take some edge rusher he really really likes

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jets beat seems all-in on Odunze and if he's gone or they're unable to trade up, then it's trade back and take OL time.

joe football
Dec 22, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

there's a difference between all-pro and pro bowl, unless you think he'll be a top three QB in the league at some point

Don't rate McCarthy that highly, but a cousins who could run/evade would be an awesome player

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
https://x.com/dmrussini/status/1783552423832764925?s=46

https://x.com/dmrussini/status/1783583135998861684?s=46

E: Rams apparently want Bowers.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Diva Cupcake posted:

Jets beat seems all-in on Odunze and if he's gone or they're unable to trade up, then it's trade back and take OL time.

I am on this side very comfortably. Less so with Bowers

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

kiimo posted:

But Baker Mayfield is not a bust and is loving miles beyond Mac Jones which was my only real point. I do think Cousins is a better comp

Yeah I was more adding to the discussion than negating what you were saying. That being said, Baker is bust-adjacent at least, given that he has been on several teams instead of being the franchise QB of the team that drafted him. He's a decent player, but you would want more picking a quarterback in the top 10 I would say.

A Sneaker Broker posted:

E: Rams apparently want Bowers.

Wow I hadn't even considered them given they were picking pretty low, but if there is a single best landing spot for Bowers, that is probably it

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

True but it also says a lot about the team that drafts him. Like you want a bust in this draft? It's whoever Washington takes

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Play posted:

Yeah I was more adding to the discussion than negating what you were saying. That being said, Baker is bust-adjacent at least, given that he has been on several teams instead of being the franchise QB of the team that drafted him. He's a decent player, but you would want more picking a quarterback in the top 10 I would say.

Wow I hadn't even considered them given they were picking pretty low, but if there is a single best landing spot for Bowers, that is probably it

tbf Baker was kinda absurdly unlucky everywhere he's been besides the Rams and Tampa.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Comfortador posted:

So here's the deal. Brad Holmes loves that number 12 pick. He traded down to it last year to get Gibbs. He traded up to it the year before to get Jamo.

The Broncos might be trading back from the number 12 pick.

Brad's pick.

Come to us T. Arnold or Q. Mitchell... taste the GRIT.

On the one hand it seems like there are a lot of dudes in that EDGE/DT/CB/WR bucket that could be good fits and fall to 29 without having to give up anything extra, moving up like that might cost next year's first and as of now they already don't have any picks between 73 and 164 so that's leaving the cupboard pretty bare

On the other hand GMBH loves to laser focus on His Dudes and do whatever it takes to get them

On the secret third hand this dude is a stone cold psycho and has no problem doing the exact opposite of what everyone wants or expect, so I am forced to throw up my hands and say it will be interesting to see what happens

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
San Fran and Miami are better fits for Bowers

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Amy Pole Her posted:

San Fran and Miami are better fits for Bowers

I mean. Anyone running the Shanahan offense is a good fit. But McVay is the most crafty so.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Dexo posted:

tbf Baker was kinda absurdly unlucky everywhere he's been besides the Rams and Tampa.

A taller more athletic Baker is probably a fairly successful QB so it's definitely not an insult to JJ bc yea Baker's been perfectly mediocre when he's healthy and not getting hosed over

Also Bowers to the Rams would be sick

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

lol if the Rams are rolling with Puka, Kupp and Brock "Sampson" Bowers then Stafford will play into his 40s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

kiimo posted:

lol if the Rams are rolling with Puka, Kupp and Brock "Sampson" Bowers then Stafford will play into his 40s

As dangerous of an offense as any in the NFL especially because of McVay.