Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

i'm kinda interested in these other stories about Mark Wahlberg and Rahm Emanuel that Pecker admitted to catching and killing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Nobody Interesting posted:

This is the third piece Ripburger-related content I have seen today.

Can't beat a Corley!™

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Titus Welliver going deep undercover for a role.

ianskate
Sep 22, 2002

Run away before you drown!

Ron Perlman, noooooooooo

efb :agesilaus:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

nobodygetshurt posted:

i'm kinda interested in these other stories about Mark Wahlberg and Rahm Emanuel that Pecker admitted to catching and killing

I mean Wahlberg is a well known aggressive and racist dude so probably more of that, and Rahm Emanuel is a well-known giant shitface so probably more of that.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

man he sounds like poo poo here
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1783595845285191926

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

kazil posted:

*sigh*

another hearing

court is adjourned

Ah okay this explains why it went no where they where being accused of improperly impeaching the witness lol. So much for this guy being more competent.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

same

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Breathtaking stench

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
The trial is going to be over before he rules on the gag order at this rate lol. Like what they only have like 10 witness tops to get through?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Thank you for your service to the thread.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
I'd forgotten about Hope Hicks!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1783600220653191619?t=Lkvw45MUirzT_bOJN6sAow&s=19

Lol

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

He’s just repeating the same poo poo he/his team posts constantly on Truth

He’s so blatantly stupid and evil and it’s bonkers that upwards of 30% of Americans think this demented racist is literally god

sarcastx
Feb 26, 2005

kazil posted:

man he sounds like poo poo here

well yeah he just woke up

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Title IX changes are big loving deal

What were some of the old rules?

quote:

For cases of sexual assault, they stipulated that schools only had to investigate claims that met a certain threshold of sex discrimination and were made through a formal reporting process. It also raised the bar of proof for sexual misconduct on college campuses. They prohibited investigations of cases that occurred off campus.

New rules

quote:

The new rules expand the definition of sexual assault and harassment. That means schools could investigate more cases of discrimination, abuse or harassment filed by people on school campuses under the scope of the law.

College student survivors will no longer be required to attend live hearings or go through cross examinations. And people will be given the right to "prompt and equitable grievance procedures," the rule reads.

LGBTQ+ students will be guaranteed protection under the law if they are discriminated against for their gender identity or sexual orientation.

The new regulations officially add "gender identity" onto the list of protections from sex-based discrimination for the first time, though the administration said it has already been applying this standard.

Pregnant and parenting students who might receive unwanted sexual attention, shame or punishment at schools will also be granted more protections from sex discrimination in the admissions process and on campus.

These changes roll back the narrowed definitions of sexual harassment implemented by former President Donald Trump’s Education Secretary Betsy DeVos.

The regulations update also enhances protections for students, employees, and applicants against discrimination "based on pregnancy, childbirth, termination of pregnancy, lactation, related medical conditions, or recovery from these conditions."

Schools will be required to train employees "about the school’s obligation to address sex discrimination, as well as employees’ obligations to notify or provide contact information for the Title IX Coordinator" and strengthen requirements for schools conducting "reliable and impartial" investigations of all complaints.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

so he's just saying that because he didn't pay any attention and was asleep, I assume

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Following states have said they won’t follow Title IX

Florida
Oklahoma
South Carolina
Louisiana

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Rip highway funding out from under them IMO like the federal drinking age fight

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Fuckin amazing. I was flabbergasted that Merchan's reaction was "lemme think about it", then "maybe another hearing". Boggles my mind.

But if he's just toying with Trump and penalizing him for currency that matters (adoration at a rally) then loving game on.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Scags McDouglas posted:

Fuckin amazing. I was flabbergasted that Merchan's reaction was "lemme think about it", then "maybe another hearing". Boggles my mind.

But if he's just toying with Trump and penalizing him for currency that matters (adoration at a rally) then loving game on.

I could be wrong, but I believe the new hearing is for new gag order violations he's racked up since the ones discussed at the prior hearing, so Merchan can rule on those before, during, or after the new hearing.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Nessus posted:

I assume that they are complaining that urban voters were counted despite being

Yknow

Not REAL Americans.

https://youtu.be/eX_k5_egUAo?si=T8Apvq5jgfXOFxw0

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
SCOTUS is gonna rule in Trump's favor, aren't they?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
do Don rallies have any sort of paid entry or a paid tier of supa fans?

lol if(when?) Don cancels those rallies and the people that paid cant get a refund.(oh and vendors that paid for (china made)merch to sell)

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Posting for a better future, today!
In a sane world Merchan is waiting till tomorrow afternoon to remand Trump into custody for the weekend

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

root beer posted:

Of course he does, but the point is, had he not been pardoned and actually gone through the justice system as he loving should have, we wouldn’t be in the hellscape we’re in right now. So not only gently caress Nixon, but gently caress Ford too. Not nearly enough people say that.

Seconding this. I know older people who, 15 years ago, said that what ford did was for the good of the nation. Those people sound really loving stupid now, in 2024.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Trump's argument is absolute immunity, and they are not going to rule that at all.

They could rule that there is immunity for official acts and kick it back down to a lower court to define if inciting an insurrection counts as an official act.

Either way, I don't expect a ruling anytime soon so the trial will likely have to wait until after the election

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Nah. Like they'd basically destroy our democracy if they ruled in his absolute immunity favor.

JeffLeonard
Apr 18, 2003

TV Violence

Shadowgate posted:

Looks like MAGA Oscar the grouch in human form

loving :lol:!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That could be an effective gag. Violate my gag order and I will gag you by print you in court during your rallies

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

They have, like, eight different options on how to rule on the appeal. Trump wants absolute immunity from all crimes related to all current and past actions in any way tied to the presidency. They are, 100%, not going to vote for that. They might say "Immunity for core official acts, prosecution bears the burden to prove that any acts related to the presidency are not core official acts," which frankly would be very reasonable.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Well, that's going to get at least one table flipped at wherever Trump is staying at. He coulda been out campaigning, but his dumb rear end got himself another court date instead. lols

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Hollismason posted:

Nah. Like they'd basically destroy our democracy if they ruled in his absolute immunity favor.

You act like that's not their goal already.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Probably not.

Thomas is skeptical that there is constitutional support for Trump's argument. The constitution is silent on presidential immunity because they deliberately did not want the president to be immune to criminal law. It is not silent on immunity for other parties - just the president. He is not a vote to say that the president has absolute immunity but might be a vote that there needs to be a determination of official vs unofficial acts.

Roberts seems skeptical of all of Trump's arguments.

Alito wants to kiss and hug Seal Team Six and would say that Trump (the ultimate cop) can do no wrong ever. Sotomayor twice called him a dumbass today.

Kavanaugh is cop lover #2 and will never say a republican did a bad thing.

Gorsuch wants a bright line so they can write an opinion that can be used going forward. He said plenty of times things that indicated that he knows this case will not get immunity, but he wants to figure out how to set up future precedent.

Barrett seemed skeptical of 100% of Trump's poo poo and was grilling his lawyer in Tandem with Sotomayor.

Kagan, Sotoymayor, and Jackson are all ruling against Trump.

Based on the overall questioning today, I could see Trump losing anywhere from 8-1 to 5-4. He does no have five justices saying that he's got immunity. There may be some quibbling over where lines get drawn, but every single justice except Alito took at least small time in their questioning to dunk on Trump's lawyer. Alito tried to lob up softballs and got called stupid for it each time.

There could be further delay from the SCOTUS, but they aren't ruling in Trumps favor on either of his core two arguments. He does not have absolute immunity, and he doesn't have to be impeached and convicted first to be prosecuted.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

You act like that's not their goal already.

Yeah but that would destroy it in a "killed in the ensuing machete genocide" way

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Hollismason posted:

i wish i was this optimistic

they’re going to grant immunity and then a bunch of Twitter shitlibs are going to post that “this is how democracy dies…” scene from revenge of the sith so hard that the entire internet will crash

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014

Squiggle posted:

Rip highway funding out from under them IMO like the federal drinking age fight

This could potentially affect federal funding for higher education in these states too, as well as federal student loan eligibility, sports funding, etc. Hell's the limit for how deep this funding hole could get.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Trial breaks for the day. Trump comes out. Says some poo poo.

That is horrible for him, because Trump like gop and maga;
they love to surprise people at random time saying their same old poo poo.
It's how they rile people up despite saying the same thing.

But if everyday is the same boring thing:
it's like "okay, here comes word vomit. Cool. Please pass the butter."

HAHAHAHAHA!
Are there saturday courts?
Or can the gag orders extend indefinitely?

mazzi Chart Czar fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Apr 25, 2024

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Rockman Reserve posted:

i wish i was this optimistic

they’re going to grant immunity and then a bunch of Twitter shitlibs are going to post that “this is how democracy dies…” scene from revenge of the sith so hard that the entire internet will crash

If they did, Biden has it too

Which means some WIERD poo poo could go down

Like "Biden has Thomas and Alito arrested, puts in new judges" wierd

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Apr 25, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Did any of you doomers saying SCOTUS will give Trump immunity listen to oral arguments?