Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
There is also a bug sometimes where a specific person (or people) simply cannot be reinforced. Have had it happen in the middle of the map on bug missions, throwing reinforce after reinforce and they simply do not come back.
Haven't seen it in a bit though so I thought it might've gotten fixed at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

were they near the edge of the map or a strat jammer? If you throw the reinforcement outside the map or in the jammer's range, it wont go off and it wont give you any indication that it didnt work
There is a bug that just stops you from spawning, no matter where you throw the beacon.

It's at least a 6 week old bug based on when I posted about it

Away all Goats posted:

Just had a bug where I couldn't reinforce at all. Two other people died and when the last guy reinforced us, the 3rd guy to die was the only one who came back.

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Apr 25, 2024

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Yeah I've had that happen at least four or five times. It's not exactly common but I feel like it is commonly known.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Lobok posted:

Ok but the REAL question is what order does your loadout go in?
Always weapons first because I pick my other strats to deal with things my support weapon isn't good against. Sentries first on defense maps but last on offense maps.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Order in my list: Eagles->Orbits->Turrets->Packs->Weapons

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008
I would love an AA sentry that targets gunships, shriekers and dropship engines. Questionable use against bugs maybe but would be a huge benefit against bots.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Eruptor: love it against bots. Still mostly hate it against bugs.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

ijyt posted:

Eruptor: love it against bots. Still mostly hate it against bugs.

I love it against both. I have more success shooting the ground against bugs

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Ive learned to love it against bots but it took me a while to get used to handling it under pressure. With bugs i usually eliminate hordes from afar and handle lone hunters with sidearm.

Bur It's so loving wierd to worry about explosion knockback launching you forward...

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
close range eruptor should just act like a weak single shot rifle, like the shell doesn't have time to arm.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

LazyMaybe posted:

There is also a bug sometimes where a specific person (or people) simply cannot be reinforced.

Thats what i tell players i dont like too

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

bbcisdabomb posted:

Last night I found a bot trooper with way too much HP, like four impact grenades and three people dumping multiple Breaker magazines into it way too much HP. Is that a bug or a T-1000 easter egg? Or both?:thunk:

I thought I was crashing when I encountered one of these too

LazyMaybe posted:

There is also a bug sometimes where a specific person (or people) simply cannot be reinforced. Have had it happen in the middle of the map on bug missions, throwing reinforce after reinforce and they simply do not come back.
Haven't seen it in a bit though so I thought it might've gotten fixed at some point.

I had this happen the other day so it is still around.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

One thing I really like about the eruptor vs bugs is that it can fairly reliably 1 shot stalkers, and because you shoot and immediately move you can effectively kite them. In situations where 4 have spawned at once if you are using a normal gun and have to stand and fire you cede a lot of ground to the survivors.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
eruptor feels pretty mediocre to me, tbh, I can spray down most small fry with the sickle, regardless of the range, and for bigger bots I can just pull my autocannon out and deal with them infinitely faster than the eruptor

maybe if you're not running autocannon it might have a place, I guess? It just feels really bad to have out when some jetpack boys show up and land in your face

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Hazdoc posted:

eruptor feels pretty mediocre to me, tbh, I can spray down most small fry with the sickle, regardless of the range, and for bigger bots I can just pull my autocannon out and deal with them infinitely faster than the eruptor

maybe if you're not running autocannon it might have a place, I guess? It just feels really bad to have out when some jetpack boys show up and land in your face

eruptor is bullshit propaganda, its a bad gun

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

I just think it’s neat

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Do you know what's be real neat?

A game update with the 3rd faction, or a new major order.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hazdoc posted:

Eruptor is mostly good just for shooting the small bots off of dropships; it really shines against bugs

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Infinitum posted:

I want to believe in the Friday Tuesday Patch.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Infinitum posted:

I'd be happy with a higher medal and requisition cap. Getting 0 medals for completing major orders feelsbadman

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Eruptor is fun, and good but it's more like a support weapon than a primary.

The sickle is like 1/2 of a stalwart, and it's like 1/2 of an autocannon or AMR or GL.

It is redundant with the AC though, it pairs well with the Lasercannon.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Hazdoc posted:

I feel the same way when it comes to bots.

But I love it against bugs.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

eruptor is probably too slow for the bots.. but for bugs the only thing autocannon does better is it can spit bullets out faster and can take down a shrieker nest. but you have to reload in place and it occupies both your backpack and your support weapon... and it's not very effective against chargers/titans. eruptors are also not good against heavies but you can still hold a quasar as your secondary since eruptors are the primary. and on top of that you can wear a laser dog or shield that can deal with the riffraff.

autocannon feels great until you get a charger/titan

Strong Sauce fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Apr 26, 2024

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Infinitum posted:

I've played against the illuminates in helldivers 1 and you're gonna love them :stonklol:

Player1 Died to 250m cloaked sniper
Player2 Died to 250m cloaked sniper
Player3 Died to 250m cloaked sniper
Player4 Died to 250m cloaked sniper

alarm, you now have energy walls everywhere, your controls are now reversed, and the melee blob is upon you

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Strong Sauce posted:

autocannon feels great until you get a charger/titan

You can kill a charger in two autocannon shots if you hit one of the back legs twice but it's hard to get the angle just right. Never been able to do it consistently, sometimes it works but at least half the time the shots bounce off the armor and do nothing.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

You can kill a charger in two autocannon shots if you hit one of the back legs twice but it's hard to get the angle just right. Never been able to do it consistently, sometimes it works but at least half the time the shots bounce off the armor and do nothing.
That's because of the bug that makes the charger's removable leg armor stop working during certain animations. Mostly the ones after it misses a charge and stops.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Eruptor is good on bots if paired with the quasar or laser cannon. Autocannon and sickle is definitely superior, but sometimes I wanna mix things up a bit. It's a little bit slower and more methodical, but the eruptor is only slightly slower at taking out devastators than the AC if you aim at their legs.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Sagebrush posted:

But honestly one of my favorite parts about this game is how everybody has a different setup that they insist is obviously the best, and there isn't a single meta loadout that everybody always takes. Aside from a handful of unlocks that are noticeably less useful -- but still often situationally powerful -- pretty much everything is useful and quite well balanced and complements everything else. It's great

There's been plenty of metas but nerfs and new warbonds break them up.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Risky Bisquick posted:

I've played against the illuminates in helldivers 1 and you're gonna love them :stonklol:

Player1 Died to 250m cloaked sniper
Player2 Died to 250m cloaked sniper
Player3 Died to 250m cloaked sniper
Player4 Died to 250m cloaked sniper

alarm, you now have energy walls everywhere, your controls are now reversed, and the melee blob is upon you

Don't threaten me with a drawn out sniping battle good time.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
You can two shot a charger from the front with an eruptor if you can ricochet the round off the ground into its belly.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

the trick to ricocheting an Eruptor round is to not want it to ricochet

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Infinitum posted:

screw major orders! i want either the new faction or new planet biomes.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

probably had my most controller throwing moments right now on a suicide mission.. one of the team members died with a bunch of samples/rares and _had_ to go back to get them. so we cover for him and we end up getting it and getting back to extract... only once the pelican landed... no one could get in. i was literally inside the pelican but it would not trigger.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

You can two shot a charger from the front with an eruptor if you can ricochet the round off the ground into its belly.

I haven't been able to do this bit I'm one of those people that likes the Eruptor much more against bots than bugs. I still take an array of shotguns versus bugs and they feep great. Basically I either always have the Redeemer or the Grenade Pistol on me and the former goes with tue Eruptor and the later with the GP.

I've been trying the laser cannon vs bots again and while I find I use it a lot less than any of the AT supports or the AC it is really quite good against factory striders. Very easy to lance them in the eye until they fall, especially if you've already taken out all their other guns and/or are close enough that their top cannon can't target you. Lets you take them out with using any stratagems which is grrat for the horde thats built up while you've been trying to 1v1 the bot titan.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Laser cannon having no stagger whatsoever and bad kill times unless you are hitting their head makes it way, way worse against devastators than AC/AMR, and tbh I think heavy devastators are the #1 most dangerous bot overall.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
It is super surprisingly good against tanks and turrets and anything with the glowy weakpoint though. But that's a bit niche.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
Honestly just bring whatever you like, and gently caress anyone who says poo poo.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Explain to me how people are recommending the eruptor as a primary when its DPS is so low. You spend so much time cycling the action and reloading.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

it's good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baby T. Love
Aug 5, 2009

Arglebargle III posted:

Explain to me how people are recommending the eruptor as a primary when its DPS is so low. You spend so much time cycling the action and reloading.

Baby T. Love posted:

My favorite things about the Erupter:
-You can run 3-4 meters while chambering the next round while maintaining full DPS
-Next round chambers automagically while you use a different weapon/call in airstrike/use terminal
-Ridiculous damage
-Shrapnel kills baby bugs with nearby shots
-Medium Pen and Explosive!?
-Early reloads don't punish you as much because the chambered round you keep is 20% of a mag instead of 2-4%.
-Reloads don't feel bad since they aren't too much longer than chambering a new round (and you learned to keep moving between shots anyway, so there's no play-flow shift when reloading)
-12(!) reserve Magazines
-120 meter range without noticeable damage fallout
-Closes Bug Holes/Opens shipping containers/Destroys Spore Spewers
-Teaches you through the Trial by Fire to NEVER be close enough to a bug to hit yourself with shrapnel, see first point

e: Above is bug-centric info. I'd say Laser Dog required for bugs. Erupter just frees you from needing to keep shooting, move on after clicking your target once. It's dead or close enough that Laser Dog will mop it up, move on to your next target.
ee: The time spent cycling/reloading is time I spend engaged with analyzing the current situation and moving, instead of having to keep shooting during that time.

Baby T. Love fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Apr 26, 2024