Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
i know what im doing i just choose not to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS

hbag posted:

isnt it a running joke that jared's entire life has been abject misery
Well yeah but he didn't let it break him, and also he fucks.

There isn't really another central cast member that I wouldn't beat with a bar of soap in a tube suck if I had the chance to. Especially Gilfoyle.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i took care of my friend's kid and also rewatched a show with a character that was just like me. it was bert from sesame street

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

yeah you gotta realize that looking at someone else’s thing and thinking “drat i don’t know wtf is going on i couldn’t do that” is just an illusion. it’s like the social media effect, you see people do wild and interesting things or their fun vacations or hobbies or whatever. but it’s not the real, you don’t see the stuff going on around/behind them.

same with code poo poo. you don’t know the whole story of the project so you just see a cool looking artifact and think you can’t do it. but if you had the resources and connections and history you absolutely could.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

gilfoyle has his moments. but yeah the illusion that he knows what hes talking about kind of shattered when he said the only way to securely wipe a hard drive is to drill a hole in it. he doesnt have a loving clue

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

rotor posted:

this is the path of the senior

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

the best code is the code you don't need to write. the second best is the kind you are deleting

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Eeyo posted:

yeah you gotta realize that looking at someone else’s thing and thinking “drat i don’t know wtf is going on i couldn’t do that”

I look at stuff I did 6 months ago and thing that

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

The Fool posted:

I look at stuff I did 6 months ago and thing that
six months? poo poo, i get two at most

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

and what i always tell my wife is if she’s feeling inadequate just look at whatever google is doing at the moment. they hire the “best and brightest” from the “best schools” or whatever. but it turns out that’s actually not important. you look at those people and realize they’re dumb as poo poo and will amount to nothing at google and their products will go nowhere.

i mean it’s nothing against them, just keep in mind that your perception of someone’s ability is never accurate and you’re plenty capable yourself.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

hbag posted:

started rewatching silicon valley and holy poo poo im just big head. an incompetent midwit who keeps succeeding for reasons beyond his knowledge

People tell me I am like Gilfoyle if he wasn't an rear end in a top hat.

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS

hbag posted:

gilfoyle has his moments. but yeah the illusion that he knows what hes talking about kind of shattered when he said the only way to securely wipe a hard drive is to drill a hole in it. he doesnt have a loving clue
Oh it has nothing to do with his skills or lack thereof, he's just the worst kind of bully: a nerd among bigger nerds

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

betty boof posted:

There isn't really another central cast member that I wouldn't beat with a bar of soap in a tube suck if I had the chance to. Especially Gilfoyle.

Lmao. Guess that checks out

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Sagebrush posted:

People tell me I am like Gilfoyle if he wasn't an rear end in a top hat.

strong facial resemblance too

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Eeyo posted:

and what i always tell my wife is if she’s feeling inadequate just look at whatever google is doing at the moment. they hire the “best and brightest” from the “best schools” or whatever. but it turns out that’s actually not important.

SBF was born into Stanford professor family and went to an elite private high school and MIT.

I am infinitely more successful than him by dint of having a steady job, a positive net worth, and also not being in jail for 25 years

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Apr 25, 2024

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

bob dobbs is dead posted:

strong facial resemblance too

Yeah that's the biggest part. You haven't met me when I had long hair but yeah

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

wait there's a bob brush crossover episode

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I sliced my thumb open on the foil around the top of a bottle of port wine :qq:

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
wine packaging and drunk peeps mix surprisingly poorly, for being literally alcohol

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

hbag posted:

he was getting paid figgies to literally do nothing of course he was relaxed and quietly optimistic

no, the point is that he was like that before figgies and would be that with figgies as well. he is awash in the currents of life and is serene about it

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS

PokeJoe posted:

omg stop copying me

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

PokeJoe posted:

Gilfoil :argh:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

bob dobbs is dead posted:

wine packaging and drunk peeps mix surprisingly poorly, for being literally alcohol

I was sober when I opened it!!!!!

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

betty boof posted:

omg stop copying me

twins. blood thothers

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS

PokeJoe posted:

twins. blood thothers
bitches with stitches

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
cjs: gotta completely rewrite an ETL script and ffffff ill start tomorrow

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

etl? extra tight labia?

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS

Tayter Swift posted:

cjs: gotta completely rewrite an ETL script and ffffff ill start tomorrow
sup etl buddy

I said I knew how to do it once and I ended up fuckin stuck with it 😭

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

PokeJoe posted:

etl? extra tight labia?

betty boof posted:

sup etl buddy

I said I knew how to do it once and I ended up fuckin stuck with it 😭

text me

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

cjs: in a really weird and bad mood tonight

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

how it started:

Ciaphas posted:

this is the key. none of us know what we're fuckin doing

how it's going:

rotor posted:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I need to replace my wind shield wipers

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
it's weird because I only got my car in december and they're already gone to poo poo. cheap rear end auto manufacturers

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Silver Alicorn posted:

I need to replace my wind shield wipers

drat, same

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i love jetbrains so much. i used to not be a fan because launching pycharm took forever when i was still on a HDD but god their IDEs are so good

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

hbag sees the light

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Jetbrains > Visual Studio > Notepad++ > Notepad > stone and chisel > stick in the dirt > VIM

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

PokeJoe posted:

hbag sees the light

ive been using their poo poo forever

FlapYoJacks posted:

Jetbrains > Visual Studio > Notepad++ > Notepad > stone and chisel > stick in the dirt > VIM

i would put notepad++ over visual studio tbh. and vim over notepad because i mean that keeps track of your indents so you dont need to mash tab when youre writing something

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

hbag posted:

ive been using their poo poo forever

hbag posted:

i used to not be a fan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

"forever" meaning "several years" not literally forever jesus christ