Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

sb hermit posted:

maybe this will get me to actually play through wind waker

wind waker was v special to me both times I played thru it. have fun yo :yayclod:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quadramind

I like in Lego City Undercover when officer Honey tells you about the hood ornament up his arse

Helluva

Balatro is the perfect game to get trashed to. Amazing!

Prof. Crocodile

Quadramind posted:

I like in Lego City Undercover when officer Honey tells you about the hood ornament up his arse

Spoliers! :mods:

Quadramind

Helluva posted:

Balatro is the perfect game to get trashed to. Amazing!

It rules. The higher stakes are a bit of a pain, but it's lovely to break those runs up by dipping into the challenges. So much game.

Bobby Deluxe

does baldurs gate 3 ever speed up because i have been playing it for 2 or 3 months and am only just into act 2

karlach says her heart is going to explode and i havent even got to moonrise towers yet

Ass-penny

Bobby Deluxe posted:

does baldurs gate 3 ever speed up because i have been playing it for 2 or 3 months and am only just into act 2

karlach says her heart is going to explode and i havent even got to moonrise towers yet

not really. in spite of all of the "we need to goooooo" rhetoric there isn't actually a timer on anything I don't think. take your time

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Bobby Deluxe

well thats good news because i have to reload about the last hour and a half of playing because stupid wyll and his stupid pact broke karlachs romance options

Finger Prince

I guess it's realism, but I broke Karlach's romance plot (kind of*) myself, by doing a long rest just before an encounter and not initiating dialog with her, not realizing that if someone wants to talk to you in camp and you ignore them because you're just stopping to heal and regain spell slots, they won't want to talk to you ever again and won't tell you why they're suddenly not interested, and they won't ever bring the subject up again, while you try to figure out what you did wrong.

*there are still lovey dovey dialog options later on, but sex is completely off the table.

Ass-penny

yeah the table isn't really rated for that, it's much safer on the ground or in a bed

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Bobby Deluxe

stopping in the middle of a hostile duergar camp full of slaves and lava monsters to quickly get off with my large demon girlfriend

Helluva

Quadramind posted:

It rules. The higher stakes are a bit of a pain, but it's lovely to break those runs up by dipping into the challenges. So much game.

I had so much fun with the basics, can't wait for things to roll.

Finger Prince

I finally beat FF16 the other day. Even for a final fantasy game it felt like playing though an interactive movie melodrama.
I did like the "time to kill God, because gently caress that guy, he's an rear end in a top hat" finale though. It had good parts, but not enough to recommend it or call it a good game.

Quadramind

How come I'm so bad at og Street Fighter?

Shine

No Muscles For The Majority

Quadramind posted:

How come I'm so bad at og Street Fighter?

Try One Must Fall: 2097. It's the fun type of cheesable compstomp game, at least I thought so when I was 11. After the story mode, the tournament mode adds stat and championship progression. OMF rules.

Quadramind

This is great. I love old dos games and very surprised not to have heard of it before.

Music rules, art is awesome.

Areola Grande

I'm playing Animal Well on switch. this is a weed game :cloudnine:

DoomCroissant

Roll D3 for Delicious Flaky Crust
final fantasy xi is a good game

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

Between Tunic and Animal Well, it's a good time for blissing out in front of the videogames box and just making a critter do stuff

deep dish peat moss

DoomCroissant posted:

final fantasy xi is a good game

hell yeah. I would play it again but I don't want to spend like 300 hours going through all the missions to unlock all the content

DoomCroissant

Roll D3 for Delicious Flaky Crust

deep dish peat moss posted:

hell yeah. I would play it again but I don't want to spend like 300 hours going through all the missions to unlock all the content

yeah, i'm finally doing a story run after playing on and off since launch, and there are so many prerequisites you have to get done to make any sort of progress

trusts help mitigate a lot of the most frustrating parts, though

can't wait for the new alliance raids in ffxiv! i will probably cry through the whole run

Farecoal

There he go
Hideo Kojima don't be extremely weird about women challenge 2015 (IMPOSSIBLE)

Shine

No Muscles For The Majority

Farecoal posted:

Hideo Kojima don't be extremely weird about women challenge 2015 (IMPOSSIBLE)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87YXRvfMDlM

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

Animal Well update : beat the "main path" but that's only scratching the surface. insane amount of detail, baffling how this is the work of one guy. possible GOTY

madmatt112

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

Animal Well update : beat the "main path" but that's only scratching the surface. insane amount of detail, baffling how this is the work of one guy. possible GOTY

I’m so excited to get my gongers into this game soon

Areola Grande

madmatt112 posted:

I’m so excited to get my gongers into this game soon

it owns. i'm almost at the credits but there's so much more afterwards from what i've been hearing :peanut:

deep dish peat moss

Been playing a bunch of Rabbit & Steel lately

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZfcz9XtYVQ

It's basically co-op roguelite FFXIV raiding I guess? It's cool. Took me a while to start understanding the visuals and how everything is telegraphed but the game is real good once you get it down.

kalel

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

looks pretty shweet, and it's on sale! thanks for calling this out.

Shard

Hello BYOB. I don't usually post in here but the hootin and hollerin thread made me want to dip in. I've been playing two different games right now - Cyberpunk 2077 and Mass Effect Andromedia. I've beaten both but currently I'm kinda in the mood for a space game that lets me tick off icons on a map. I played Outer Worlds and Starfield for a few weeks but quickly got tired of those so I moved onto ME:A.

When my kids want the tv I play Cyberpunk on PC. I haven't beaten the new expansion yet and I've heard nothing but good things. I love that game. Love the voice actress for V love the setting and the game feels great to play now.

Once Patch 6 drops for Baldur's Gate 3 I am gonna do another playthrough of that - it was easily my favorite game last year and my favorite RPG of all time. I'm excited to see how evil I can get.

Bobby Deluxe

if you enjoyed mass effect and baldurs gate i can see you enjoying outer WORLDS (outer WILDS is also good but is a bit different)

Shard

Bobby Deluxe posted:

if you enjoyed mass effect and baldurs gate i can see you enjoying outer WORLDS (outer WILDS is also good but is a bit different)

Outer Worlds starts great but I can never make it to the end these days. I beat the game and all its dlc once but since then I always taper out around getting to my third world or so.

Bobby Deluxe

i am still trying to finish baldurs gate 3, latest setback was where i finished the act 2 boss, spoke to everyone afterwards and then realised i should probably have had shadowheart with me

then reloaded, got all the way through the fight, spoke to everyone, got outside and tav developed a bug where she could not interact, there was no ui and just the word skip in the lower right like she was stuck in a cutscene

went to reload my save, it was from before going into the act 2 boss fight :smithicide:

this was after having to redo most of act 2 after doing the crypt / gauntlet first and then discovering that this kills the hostages because you are supposed to march into the main boss area first, discover he's invincible, break out the hostages, buy a bunch of stuff, and then do what seems like a sidequest

although if me freeing the prisoners in front of a scrying orb that called for reinforcements twice doesn't make j jonah jameson turn hostile, i don't know why an aasimar who he instaknocks out twice would

i have found baldurs gate 3 to be incredibly well written in terms of plot and characterisation but it feels like i have had to restart a whole hell of a bunch of times because the sequencing is weird

karlach tho :3:

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 19:02 on May 16, 2024

Shard

I just remembered Ghost of Tsushima comes out today on PC. I'll be putting Cyberpunk on the backburner and playing that for sure.

Farecoal

There he go
Outer Worlds is the most mid game I've ever played

Shard

Farecoal posted:

gotta disagree. It's way better than going back and playing like 80 percent of video games made between 1978 - 1997.

Scuba Trooper

outer worlds i really want to enjoy but my interest always peters out by the time i've gotten a full crew :/

Finger Prince

Bobby Deluxe posted:

i am still trying to finish baldurs gate 3, latest setback was where i finished the act 2 boss, spoke to everyone afterwards and then realised i should probably have had shadowheart with me

then reloaded, got all the way through the fight, spoke to everyone, got outside and tav developed a bug where she could not interact, there was no ui and just the word skip in the lower right like she was stuck in a cutscene

went to reload my save, it was from before going into the act 2 boss fight :smithicide:

this was after having to redo most of act 2 after doing the crypt / gauntlet first and then discovering that this kills the hostages because you are supposed to march into the main boss area first, discover he's invincible, break out the hostages, buy a bunch of stuff, and then do what seems like a sidequest

although if me freeing the prisoners in front of a scrying orb that called for reinforcements twice doesn't make j jonah jameson turn hostile, i don't know why an aasimar who he instaknocks out twice would

i have found baldurs gate 3 to be incredibly well written in terms of plot and characterisation but it feels like i have had to restart a whole hell of a bunch of times because the sequencing is weird

karlach tho :3:

I ditched Shadowheart in camp in act 1 and never spoke to her again. The only place I missed having her was her specific character quest content in act 3, but I managed.

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Farecoal posted:

idk its full of moments and details that put it at least in pretty good tier for me. i don't love it but i'd play it over almost anything bethesda has made or the like. i'm trying to think of the most mid game i've ever played but its really hard to remember something so unmemorable

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

Finger Prince

watho posted:

idk its full of moments and details that put it at least in pretty good tier for me. i don't love it but i'd play it over almost anything bethesda has made or the like. i'm trying to think of the most mid game i've ever played but its really hard to remember something so unmemorable

Assassin's Creed: Every Assassin's Creed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince

The only fallout I've played is fallout 4, and that's probably the second best bethesda game I've played, the first being skyrim, and that's a pretty loving incredible track record imo. (I've only played 2 bethesda games (apparently doom and hexen are bethesda games, but I'm not including those))