Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

The General posted:

Neelix has been around. Avenue 5 and Better Call Saul immediately come to mind.

He was Thurman Mermen’s dad in Bad Santa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

Scratch Monkey posted:

:mods:

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Exactly the one I was thinking of, thank you! :tipshat:

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

PoV: You just handed the EMH a non-medical tricorder.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

You were aroused in MY BODY! :byodame:

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

MFW I realize we're only pretending we're going home at all when all we're really going to do is investigate every cubic millimeter of this quadrant.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
"Bashir would have made a better basis for the EMH"

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

NID Goon

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Tom is in jail for two days and tries to make Harry his prison bitch instantly.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Scratch Monkey posted:

This is a super upsetting picture

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

I'm glad Tuvok embraced Spock's legacy of sass.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

I'm glad Tuvok embraced Spock's legacy of sass.

For a vulcan who suppressed his emotions Spock sure threw around third degree burns that caused the sickbay to get crowded.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Der Kyhe posted:

For a vulcan who suppressed his emotions Spock sure threw around third degree burns that caused the sickbay to get crowded.

Sass isn't an emotion.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

This had a real Captain Holt and Jake Peralta vibe.

Brawnfire fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Apr 26, 2024

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

sweet geek swag posted:

Sass isn't an emotion.

Really it’s a form of grammatical knowledge when you think about it.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
I read the plot summary for "Menage a Troi" today, I probably haven't seen it in 10 years.

It's not a good episode but that caused me to reflect that Majel Barrett was usually really entertaining on these shows, and actually Marina Sirtis shined strong enough in some episodes that I think a lot of the places she comes across really badly are a result of wretched writing.

The Troi/Lwaxana emotional turmoil bits were always fairly boring to me, and I think this is too bad and did not need to be the case, if they had been written better. I think Barrett was often at her best when she got to spend a scene making Picard or Riker uncomfortable.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Cabbages and Kings posted:

I read the plot summary for "Menage a Troi" today, I probably haven't seen it in 10 years.

It's not a good episode but that caused me to reflect that Majel Barrett was usually really entertaining on these shows, and actually Marina Sirtis shined strong enough in some episodes that I think a lot of the places she comes across really badly are a result of wretched writing.

The Troi/Lwaxana emotional turmoil bits were always fairly boring to me, and I think this is too bad and did not need to be the case, if they had been written better. I think Barrett was often at her best when she got to spend a scene making Picard or Riker uncomfortable.

The opening for "Half a Life" (aka "Major Winchester Has to Kill Himself") is still one of my favorites

[ext. shot of Enterprise in orbit] Troi VO: "Counselor's log, stardate xxxxx... My mother is on board..."

[Int. shot of Enterprise corridor. Picard leans around a corner cautiously, peeking to see if the coast is clear, steps into corridor]

Lwaxana: "Jean-Luc! THERE you are!"

The General
Mar 4, 2007

This weeks Disco might be the most boring episode of Star Trek. It's honestly impressive how many shits I could not give for the episode.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

The General posted:

This weeks Disco might be the most boring episode of Star Trek. It's honestly impressive how many shits I could not give for the episode.

There’s nothing to get mad at but it’s just so completely dull.

The emotional moments never land and the macguffin mystery is anemic and lacking in any stakes. I understand you need to keep some mystery around it but if you give us NOTHING then there’s never any reason to care.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

The General posted:

I loved the scene near the end, you can barely make out a very vague outline of a ship through a bunch of glowing space dust, and Rent-guy immediately recognizes not only the ship, but also that it's an alternate universe version of it.

The second badguy dude being a Breen is kind of anti-climatic. His appearance and body language always reminded me of those two brothers from the Morn episode of DS9;

Maybe they were Breen all along as well? Would be kind of funny since their appearance is supposed to be some kind of mystery during DS9.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

counterfeitsaint posted:

I loved the scene near the end, you can barely make out a very vague outline of a ship through a bunch of glowing space dust, and Rent-guy immediately recognizes not only the ship, but also that it's an alternate universe version of it.

That actually has in canon explanation due to his hosed up spore DNA and events that happened to him and his mirror universe counterpart. I'm being vague cause I only vaguely remember it

The General
Mar 4, 2007

counterfeitsaint posted:

There are nerds in the here and now who can do that. It's not much of a stretch that an in universe nerd could do the same.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Lazy_Liberal posted:

they make a whole aside in the first episode about NOT loving THE ALIENS and the human men are clearly going to

i think the girls i know are more horny for aliens than the men i know, on average, so that doesn't check out 1 bit

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

alexandriao posted:

i think the girls i know are more horny for aliens than the men i know, on average, so that doesn't check out 1 bit

It don't matter when it's Arcturian.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I, for one, am glad we're never going to see Mol and Lak again.

They are in an escape pod that is nearly a millennia out of date, and also hasn't had any routine maintenance in centuries. And even when it was up-to-date was such a loser the refugees escaping the trapped ship didn't even bother to bring it along. Not even to hold extra supplies. No way that thing is making Warp 9, much less whatever almost-as-fast-as-discovery drive is cutting edge in their century.

It will take weeks for them to get to a place where they can steal a better ship, and by then Discovery will have solved the puzzle.

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

Cthulu Carl posted:

The opening for "Half a Life" (aka "Major Winchester Has to Kill Himself") is still one of my favorites

[ext. shot of Enterprise in orbit] Troi VO: "Counselor's log, stardate xxxxx... My mother is on board..."

[Int. shot of Enterprise corridor. Picard leans around a corner cautiously, peeking to see if the coast is clear, steps into corridor]

I’ve said it before, best open in all of TNG.

I love most of the Lwaxana and Deanna stuff really.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
When I was younger I always disliked the Lwaxana episodes but now that I'm older I loving love the poo poo out of every single episode she is in.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hollismason posted:

When I was younger I always disliked the Lwaxana episodes but now that I'm older I loving love the poo poo out of every single episode she is in.

It's almost like a sign of maturity, you hate Lwaxana when young, and when old, you're like, Lwaxana made a lot of good points.....

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cthulu Carl posted:

Professing his "love" for Lwaxana was a masterclass of acting, because he had to make it seem semi-convincing with an undertone of total shame and revulsion for himself while doing so.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

The General posted:

it's garbage. watching it now and it's a whole bunch of meh

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
How much does the cast and crew of Disco participate in conventions? Are they received well? How brain poisoned are Trekkies?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Soul Dentist posted:

How much does the cast and crew of Disco participate in conventions? Are they received well? How brain poisoned are Trekkies?

Lots of people seem to like it. A good chunk of the ones that loudly dislike it hate the "woke" and so are garbage people. So if you want to publicly dislike it you have to explain it's for non-garbage reasons. Probably not worth the trouble.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the majority of trek fans either inexplicably like disco or else hate it for the wrong reasons because white nerds are so loving awful

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I forgot Harry is married to and has children with a five year old in an alternate timeline. loving christ.

It's an Ocampan but come on.

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

my sister loves Lwaxana Troi so much. Back years ago I was at a flea market, and suddenly spotted a loving Lwaxana action figure in the packaging, complete with her ritual items. Nabbed that so fast, to this day probably the best gift I ever gave anybody.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Renreeja posted:

my sister loves Lwaxana Troi so much. Back years ago I was at a flea market, and suddenly spotted a loving Lwaxana action figure in the packaging, complete with her ritual items. Nabbed that so fast, to this day probably the best gift I ever gave anybody.

The sacred chalice of Rixx and the Holy Rings of Betazed?? :aaaaa:

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

So there's the sacred chalice of Rixx

Captain Rixx

And the Pleasure Goddess of Rixx

Any more?

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
...What is it with Rixx?