Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2024/apr/26/trump-kristi-noem-shot-dog-and-goat-book

Just a fantastic read. Lol upon lol. Kristi Noem leading a succession of animals to a construction site next to a school bus stop to fill them with lead.

Disco Pope fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Apr 26, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Disco Pope posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2024/apr/26/trump-kristi-noem-shot-dog-and-goat-book

Just a fantastic read. Lol upon lol. Kristi Noem leading a succession of animals to a construction site next to a school bus stop to fill them with lead.

I don't want to read anything like that :smith:

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Lmao "if I was a better politician, I probably wouldn't tell that story."

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Disco Pope posted:

what the gently caress is with chud psychopaths killing/torturing dogs :smith:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I feel like when Trump dies we are going to witness the most visible “gently caress decorum” from democrats a dead president has ever gotten and I’m all for it. I would be shocked if prior democrat presidents attend the funeral

Hell I don't even think the Bushes would attend

They loving hate him too

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Disco Pope posted:

Interesting read... not lol at all. lovely owner being a lovely trainer and killing a goat in a way that caused the poor animal unnecessary pain

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Stoatbringer posted:

His rallies barely even seem like "campaigning" at all. Just a couple of hours of whining and bitching about how hard his life is to the same collection of delusional cultists because he wants and needs constant attention and adulation, going over the same old complaints all the time.

It's always this^

His rallies are almost always the same couple hundred-thousand retiree boomers reliving Woodstock because they refuse to loving die already too

Like it's a thousand or so dipshit chud retirees/ "small business" owners that follow his dumb gently caress rear end around

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
does 3O have two offices is that why he's both down the street and next to dubya's office? could go well with the two dishwashers and two phones

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Vampire Panties posted:

what the gently caress is with chud psychopaths killing/torturing dogs :smith:

For the same reason they promote bigotry and have fantasies about killing liberals/gays/progressives/etc - they are out and out psychopaths.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Anders posted:

Interesting read... not lol at all. lovely owner being a lovely trainer and killing a goat in a way that caused the poor animal unnecessary pain

Oh, please understand - the lols were dark ones from her being a piece of poo poo, not what happened to that poor dog and goat.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They should rename president TRUMP to president Truth

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

ShredsYouSay posted:

does 3O have two offices is that why he's both down the street and next to dubya's office? could go well with the two dishwashers and two phones

I was reading the thread when I saw that dishwasher bullshit and had to check if it was 3O.

I don't know why I did. It couldn't have been anyone else.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

John Wick of Dogs posted:

They should rename president TRUMP to president Truth

As well as Mr Brexit, and Sir John Barron? How many names does this rear end in a top hat have?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Yes, I know, the Nazis were very, very, very stupid. I still think Trump is dumber. Hitler had ideals - terrible ones but still - and interests beyond self-aggrandizement. Like Trump truly is a howling void with no internal life or interests besides himself. He's not political in any way because he lacks the emotional and social awareness for political belief. He's a fascist only by way of his actions, but not his beliefs. He's racist, sure, but in a sort of lazily passive way rather than an active and ideological one. He's simply co-opted an existing political movement rather than made or shaped one.

My point is that Hitler was politically minded in a way Trump is not, and wanted to be seen in a certain heroic light that Trump doesn't really care about - Trump doesn't care why you worship and serve him, merely that you do. It's why I honestly believe Trump - the one and only time - when he says that he didn't try and order the SS to take him to the capitol during the coup; he's too cowardly and lazy to have wanted to risk leading from the front, even if it would be heroic optics for him.

But yeah, Nazis were dumb as rocks and - sadly for the world - Hitler lucked out that Speer turned out to be as savvy as he was.

Yeah it's always kind of made me go *sideways wavy hand movement* "weeeeell" when people talk about Trump being racist. Like yeah he is but calling him that won't stick with anyone. His fans will just brush it off and point to all the plausible deniability he gets from just not caring about race in the slightest beyond how many BLACKS FOR TRUMP he can put behind his podium. And among Trump opponents it ends up just fading into the noise, like calling him fat. Yeah of course he's racist, that's kind of the least of his issues.

A country always ends up hyper-prepared to fight the previous war. And so we're all on guard against a conniving, scheming, supervillain-grade Hitler type dictator who in one way or another has been the archetype for so many of our fictional Big Bads for decades. McCarthy and Nixon went down because we were still of a mind to be mortally ashamed of allowing such an obviously power-hungry opportunist to come to power such that we could at some point say "have you no decency, sir" and the tide would turn. But nothing has prepared us for having our entire politics eaten by Stupidity, just a screaming avatar of selfishness and greed and solipsism on whom all the worst people can project all their worst aspirations. Trump is like a prion, self-perpetuating and eating its way through every institution we have by allowing people to dispense with shame and restraint because now they have a role model telling them, far more damagingly than that things like racism are okay, that utter rejection of the very idea of community or cooperation is okay.

deoju posted:

My first thought in response to this was "omg an ex president defecting to an adversary would be a disaster for military intelligence." My second thought was "Never mind. It's Trump. He couldn't recall any specific information, and if he did he'd lie about it bigly."

Lol at this though. "We finally bought ourselves a US President! :dance: " "... oh. Oh my god. Oh gently caress no. He's a loving idiot and we can't trust a goddamn thing that comes out of his mouth :negative:"

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

MrQwerty posted:

authoritatively stating what SCOTUS is going to rule on immunity should be a retroactive toxx, to make things itt spicy

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Data Graham posted:

[...] just a screaming avatar of selfishness and greed and solipsism on whom all the worst people can project all their worst aspirations. Trump is like a prion, self-perpetuating and eating its way through every institution we have by allowing people to dispense with shame and restraint because now they have a role model telling them, far more damagingly than that things like racism are okay, that utter rejection of the very idea of community or cooperation is okay.

He's like a sort of... reverse Jesus...

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
He just a rich old rear end in a top hat with mush for brains. It's not his fault your institutions were all broken long before he took office. It was always going to be someone.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
yo guys am i going crazy or was SCOTUS actually, literally, straight-up debating whether a president is allowed to murder whoever they want yesterday? Like, thats a grey area where we have to debate it for several hours? Is that what actually happened yesterday? Am I going crazy?

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/1783816301749686633

Donald Trump’s allies are quietly drafting proposals that would attempt to erode the Federal Reserve’s independence if the former president wins a second term, in the midst of a deepening divide among his advisers over how aggressively to challenge the central bank’s authority.

quote:

Former Trump administration officials and other supporters of the presumptive GOP nominee have in recent months discussed a range of proposals, from incremental policy changes to a long-shot assertion that the president himself should play a role in setting interest rates.

A small group of the former president’s allies—whose work is so secretive that even some prominent former Trump economic aides weren’t aware of it—has produced a roughly 10-page document outlining a policy vision for the central bank, according to people familiar with the matter

:stonklol:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Rest easy friend, if he gets elected, we're all hosed. The specific plans don't really matter.

So let's make sure he doesn't get elected.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Well that seems inevitable. I'm surprised he didn't try to do that in his first term actually, I'm sure it's basically what everyone who voted for him on the basis of RICH BUSINESS MAN RUN AMERICA LIKE A BUSINESS expected him to do

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

lol at looking at what lizz truss did in the UK and being like "yeah this is a great idea but what if we amped it up even further?"

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

yo guys am i going crazy or was SCOTUS actually, literally, straight-up debating whether a president is allowed to murder whoever they want yesterday? Like, thats a grey area where we have to debate it for several hours? Is that what actually happened yesterday? Am I going crazy?
No, that ended up not being the question. The question is are there in fact any official acts you can immunize the president for, because the concern is that dipshit is going to go after a president for having the temerity to do things like sign a law or some poo poo. When and how you can go after a sitting president for a criminal act is something worth discussing because we've already got moron DAs saying they'll indict Biden for something. Of course 99% of those will never get past even the stupidest grand jury for lack of evidence/jurisdiction, but this is definitely a way to delimit both the extent of executive power and the reach of other government entities in checking it.

Basically Trump raised a question that was only a somewhat theoretical matter and buried since Ford pardoned Nixon and now here's the opportunity to fully litigate it.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Data Graham posted:

Well that seems inevitable. I'm surprised he didn't try to do that in his first term actually, I'm sure it's basically what everyone who voted for him on the basis of RICH BUSINESS MAN RUN AMERICA LIKE A BUSINESS expected him to do

He was constantly whining about their decisions when he was president

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Disco Pope posted:

The cruelty is what they feed on.

I guarantee when she goes to a steakhouse and they ask her what cut of meat she wants she just replies:

"I don't care about cuts, I just want to know that the animal died with lots of fear in its eyes."

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

kw0134 posted:

No, that ended up not being the question. The question is are there in fact any official acts you can immunize the president for, because the concern is that dipshit is going to go after a president for having the temerity to do things like sign a law or some poo poo. When and how you can go after a sitting president for a criminal act is something worth discussing because we've already got moron DAs saying they'll indict Biden for something. Of course 99% of those will never get past even the stupidest grand jury for lack of evidence/jurisdiction, but this is definitely a way to delimit both the extent of executive power and the reach of other government entities in checking it.

Basically Trump raised a question that was only a somewhat theoretical matter and buried since Ford pardoned Nixon and now here's the opportunity to fully litigate it.

wait that sounds reasonable but im just here to get mad

No, actually, thanks for clearing that up

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

also it's like "my dog was having too much fun chasing pheasants which is what I was training it to do and then it killed some other birds, so I shot it"

that goat also sounds awesome, just running around knocking kids over lmao

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Data Graham posted:

Yeah it's always kind of made me go *sideways wavy hand movement* "weeeeell" when people talk about Trump being racist. Like yeah he is but calling him that won't stick with anyone. His fans will just brush it off and point to all the plausible deniability he gets from just not caring about race in the slightest beyond how many BLACKS FOR TRUMP he can put behind his podium. And among Trump opponents it ends up just fading into the noise, like calling him fat. Yeah of course he's racist, that's kind of the least of his issues.

A country always ends up hyper-prepared to fight the previous war. And so we're all on guard against a conniving, scheming, supervillain-grade Hitler type dictator who in one way or another has been the archetype for so many of our fictional Big Bads for decades. McCarthy and Nixon went down because we were still of a mind to be mortally ashamed of allowing such an obviously power-hungry opportunist to come to power such that we could at some point say "have you no decency, sir" and the tide would turn. But nothing has prepared us for having our entire politics eaten by Stupidity, just a screaming avatar of selfishness and greed and solipsism on whom all the worst people can project all their worst aspirations. Trump is like a prion, self-perpetuating and eating its way through every institution we have by allowing people to dispense with shame and restraint because now they have a role model telling them, far more damagingly than that things like racism are okay, that utter rejection of the very idea of community or cooperation is okay.

Lol at this though. "We finally bought ourselves a US President! :dance: " "... oh. Oh my god. Oh gently caress no. He's a loving idiot and we can't trust a goddamn thing that comes out of his mouth :negative:"

yeah. most of our Hitler types are weird asocial nerds who have the charisma of school shooters, they can make it in deep red states where the deck is stacked but burn out nationally or in purple/blue states. trumps a bigoted piece of poo poo but there is no grand idiology behind him except wanting to be a reactionary mob boss who pretends he is al capone. types like desantis and uber true believers dont work nationally. hitler won because of way more circustances mixed with no body on either side wanted the weimar/democracy germany to succeed. most people in the US right now want the status quo(as in not a facist dictatorship) to continue, if only bcause they can make money and live comfortably enough. trump won because people hated clinton, thought trump was faking poo poo or stayed home.

blackmet
Aug 5, 2006

I believe there is a universal Truth to the process of doing things right (Not that I have any idea what that actually means).

Non paywalled version of the article.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/04/26/trump-advisors-are-considering-plans-to-dramatically-revamp-the-fed-wsj-report-says.html

I wonder if his goal is just to lower interest rates back to zero so he gets charged less on his various fines and leveraged to the hilt assets.

Oh, who am I kidding. That's DEFINITELY his goal.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

also it's like "my dog was having too much fun chasing pheasants which is what I was training it to do and then it killed some other birds, so I shot it"

that goat also sounds awesome, just running around knocking kids over lmao

yeah goats do that. its how they play, if your worried about that. just get a small one. also Tortoise do the same poo poo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaeCDmlwPoI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBXBE8S3Zs4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrkpoAxZYkQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU9dY_4Adso

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

blackmet posted:

Non paywalled version of the article.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/04/26/trump-advisors-are-considering-plans-to-dramatically-revamp-the-fed-wsj-report-says.html

I wonder if his goal is just to lower interest rates back to zero so he gets charged less on his various fines and leveraged to the hilt assets.

Oh, who am I kidding. That's DEFINITELY his goal.

He's going to gently caress this up making interest rate 0% instantly and take america back to 70s inflation.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Late night Trump Truthing

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Tree Bucket posted:

He's like a sort of... reverse Jesus...

Your own. Reversible. Jesus/

Saudi Arabia/
Reebedoo-awwhhh/

Stroke out and poo poo pants

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Don't give her ideas for cuter animals to murder in her next children's book! It wasn't illustrated was it?

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

FMguru posted:

Jim Anchower!

My favorite recurring character was terrible single mom Amber Richardson, with overly chipper (but clearly miserable) local columnist Jean Teasdale following close behind.

I used to love Smoove B

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

kw0134 posted:

I feel like this is going to be some weird rear end Frankenstein of an opinion, with three justices joining the main opinion fully, two concurring in the judgment except to parts II-A and III-C, three separate opinions concurring in the judgment, five justices joining the concurrences the concurrences except to parts IV-B and Alito dissenting

Seth Pecksniff fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Apr 26, 2024

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Props to this dude for fighting his way through COMPLETE LOCKDOWN MODE to support his favorite president (Trump!)

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

trump... telling the truth? I'm about to short circuit, I need a drink

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. most of our Hitler types are weird asocial nerds who have the charisma of school shooters, they can make it in deep red states where the deck is stacked but burn out nationally or in purple/blue states. trumps a bigoted piece of poo poo but there is no grand idiology behind him except wanting to be a reactionary mob boss who pretends he is al capone. types like desantis and uber true believers dont work nationally. hitler won because of way more circustances mixed with no body on either side wanted the weimar/democracy germany to succeed. most people in the US right now want the status quo(as in not a facist dictatorship) to continue, if only bcause they can make money and live comfortably enough. trump won because people hated clinton, thought trump was faking poo poo or stayed home.

calling trump hitler always reminds me of rightists here that call trudeau mao or stalin or a commie or whatever. as an actual socialist, when i hear trudeau called that, i scoff heartily. its just a bludgeon for the leftists to use i think. trump is nothing like hitler (aside from his odd charisma maybe) and jan 6 was nothing like bavaria in november 1923

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

calling trump hitler always reminds me of rightists here that call trudeau mao or stalin or a commie or whatever. as an actual socialist, when i hear trudeau called that, i scoff heartily. its just a bludgeon for the leftists to use i think. the man is nothing like hitler (aside from his odd charisma maybe) and jan 6 was nothing like bavaria in november 1923

....nah, he's much like Hitler, and he has similar goals as far as the way they want to take America further into xenophobic dictatorship ruled by a cult of personality with no real ties other than the strap of the party.

I think its an apt comparison even if Trump is lazier and less intelligent.