Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Getting my money's worth out of the NHS while we have it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Jose posted:

👍

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
People say all of New York City smells like piss. I am happy to report that throughout my whole journey only two places smelled like piss.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Ohtori Akio posted:

while m,any people understand the importance of Bangs not everyone understands the value of Cheek Bangs/Sidelocks/Whatever you call those hair tentacles

it's a running joke that every time my partner gets bangs she immediately regrets them

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I should definitely exercise more, it helps ADHD a lot naturally but I am just so loving tired all the time thanks to these accursed children

I'll get back into it eventually I'm sure

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i should start running again, that was a fun hobby

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

also my wife took a very cute picture of our son last night that i am enjoying looking at today

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

My son may or may not be talking now :)

It's weird, kid #1 had a very clear "first word" moment in which she pointed at a book of dogs and clearly said "dog", and repeated this a few times upon request before losing patience and screaming as if to say "I TOLD you it's a goddamn DOG, stop ASKING"

Kid #2 has been babbling semi-coherently for a while, says syllables starting with M when he wants his mama and syllables starting with D when he wants his daddy, but it's hard to say whether it's really intentional as such. He's saying what may or may not be "more" when he finishes his food and is still hungry, and "again" when you finish doing something he enjoyed, but it's hard to say because he's not very intelligible yet. There's a lot more ambiguity there in other words

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

KirbyKhan posted:

People say all of New York City smells like piss. I am happy to report that throughout my whole journey only two places smelled like piss.

let me guess... both were ur MIRRORS??? 🤣😂😂🤣😂🤣😭😭

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

KirbyKhan posted:

Depending on where you are and what day of the week it is there ARE huge piles of trash everywhere but as cities go the smell isn't really noticeable IMO

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

loquacius posted:

Depending on where you are and what day of the week it is there ARE huge piles of trash everywhere but as cities go the smell isn't really noticeable IMO

cope

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

yeah there's garbage everywhere and the stench of decay inescapable but you can only get a real slice of pizza in new York the greatest city in the world and definitely not a seething hemorrhoid on the rear end hole of the great satan

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

peacefully

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

loquacius posted:

but as cities go the smell isn't really noticeable IMO

me on the three days a month that it smells like a loving sea hag is stalking me because i live next to a river

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

ram dass in hell posted:

yeah there's garbage everywhere and the stench of decay inescapable but you can only get a real slice of pizza in new York the greatest city in the world and definitely not a seething hemorrhoid on the rear end hole of the great satan

lol I am not the guy this post was made in mind of

NYC nationalists are ridiculous especially about the pizza thing, you can get a good slice of pizza literally anywhere

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

A bodega is like a gas station except there's no gas pumps and sometimes a cat lives there. I am totally in awe of this concept and will bring it up at any opportunity I get

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
when the wind is going the right direction all i can smell when i get home from work is all the incredible food being cooked a block away from my house and when it's not it smells like DEAD. FISH.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

choppin it up with oye como va in the background

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
worth it, imo

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Jose posted:

"now let the Yemenis see what happens when an empire actually has Healthcare for its citizens"

/destroyer parks for a few days in the red sea before leaving without having accomplished any goals

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
They say it's special because of the water. They never say if they are using Hudson Bay trash water or if they are using stolen upstate waterfall water.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

KirbyKhan posted:

They say it's special because of the water. They never say if they are using Hudson Bay trash water or if they are using stolen upstate waterfall water.

I have had really good pizza in NYC and also really bad pizza in NYC, but theoretically both places were using the same tap water so I dunno how much it really helps

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
gowanus canal water pizza

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

it's cool that there are, like, windows in buildings where you can walk up and get a slice of cheese pizza for $1.50 without having to go inside or wait in a long line or anything, but, the $1.50 pizza is not, like, "good" or anything

To get good pizza in NYC you have to look up "good pizza near me" and go wait in line and pay too much money for it like anywhere else

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

New Yorkers in the bodega: wow a gas station but hipster, can't imagine anything better!

Texans in a buccees: yeah can I get my jerky dipped in the slushie mix?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
disagree, the $1.50 pizza is good, you just have to be drunk

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

KirbyKhan posted:

it's water from the toilet because they are loving with tourists and the locals loving love toilet water so everyone wins

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

loquacius posted:

I have had really good pizza in NYC and also really bad pizza in NYC, but theoretically both places were using the same tap water so I dunno how much it really helps

:jp:

quote:

The presence of copepods in the New York City water supply system has caused problems for some Jewish people who observe kashrut. Copepods, being crustaceans, are not kosher, nor are they quite small enough to be ignored as nonfood microscopic organisms, since some specimens can be seen with the naked eye.

:barf:

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

looking forward to this job interview today:

https://twitter.com/seungminkim/sta...ingawful.com%2F

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Bleecker St. Pizza is my go-to but last time I was in town I ate more tacos than pizza

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Oh wow the Wack Pack just keeps getting wacker...

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

loquacius posted:

it's absolutely noticeable

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

copepods and seethepods

Dokapon Findom posted:

Bleecker St. Pizza is my go-to but last time I was in town I ate more tacos than pizza

can confirm this place is good

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

lobster shirt posted:

i should start running again, that was a fun hobby

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

listen booey

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I get why comedians talked about Jay Walking being a bullshit crime. I've never seen so many people disrespect the little red hand so vigorously and effortlessly.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

loquacius posted:

it's cool that there are, like, windows in buildings where you can walk up and get a slice of cheese pizza for $1.50 without having to go inside or wait in a long line or anything, but, the $1.50 pizza is not, like, "good" or anything

To get good pizza in NYC you have to look up "good pizza near me" and go wait in line and pay too much money for it like anywhere else

no pep? no thanks

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

*extremely bravely* bangs rule

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

really queer Christmas posted:

New Yorkers in the bodega: wow a gas station but hipster, can't imagine anything better!

Texans in a buccees: yeah can I get my jerky dipped in the slushie mix?

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

Dumping beaver nuggets into my tumbler full of cherry dr. pepper, I dub it the Texas Slush. Human civilization has led up to this moment