Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

(and can't post for 9 days!)

i am the guardian of a colony of copepods, as well as their good friends the ostracods. several years ago now i accidentally brought them home in some pond water and now a lot of my time and energy goes into maintaining an ever-increasing number of water receptacles because they have multiplied wildly and i feel personally responsible for their happiness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

they should have him sit on the sybian

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

i just wanted some water in a wading pool to grow duckweed and use on the garden, but now whenever i want to water the plants i have to go through an elaborate gravel-filtering ritual to minimise copepod mortality

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

You must pay the price for this post.
that is a very beautiful way to cultivate mindful empathy

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

that is a very beautiful way to cultivate mindful empathy
invertebrates deserve to be loved

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

Ive got this wild eyed theory that human hatred starts with hatred of bugs and is solvable then only by correcting hatred of bugs first. Even vegans loving hate bugs.

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

Ive got this wild eyed theory that human hatred starts with hatred of bugs and is solvable then only by correcting hatred of bugs first. Even vegans loving hate bugs.
that's profound. non-hatred needs to be universal and extend to smallest, weirdest creatures. the irrational human hatred of bugs has caused enormous damage to the biosphere and is symbolic of a lack of understanding of how life itself is perpetuated

selec
Sep 6, 2003

in the current spirit of the thread, a song that I normally find saccharine and corny. this version brought tears to my eyes last night. this is my beloved invertebrate.

https://youtu.be/lBgljxxGOYk?si=5Lv8RJGgekueWunH

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

do they still have the sybian used that time

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

mahershalalhashbaz posted:

i am the guardian of a colony of copepods, as well as their good friends the ostracods. several years ago now i accidentally brought them home in some pond water and now a lot of my time and energy goes into maintaining an ever-increasing number of water receptacles because they have multiplied wildly and i feel personally responsible for their happiness

Congratulations, you've become a God

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

Bugs are gross and deserve to be oppressed.

500 bad dogs
Nov 22, 2023

i will eat the bugs

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

I'm a loving idiot. Ive hurt my back a few times in the same spot and hurt it again at work last Friday. Took immediate corrective action, found a way to keep doing what I was doing without putting strain on my back, took ibuprofen, was feeling a bit sore over the weekend but otherwise fine.

On Monday I figured I was good to go and tried incorporating pull-ups into my exercise routine again. That re-hosed up my back worse then before and I'm still in a lot of pain

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

that tracks imo. It's a primal aversion towards living things that are both like and unlike us, and they can threaten safety, comfort, cleanliness, ego (being more important or lovely than a bug). so there's a lot of poo poo wrapped up in a little bug

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

Also just in the sequence of events in a human life, it precedes all other (edit) learned aversions

Stinky Wizzleteats has issued a correction as of 17:09 on Apr 26, 2024

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Im getting in on the ground floor of a new musical genre

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

titty_baby_ posted:

I'm a loving idiot. Ive hurt my back a few times in the same spot and hurt it again at work last Friday. Took immediate corrective action, found a way to keep doing what I was doing without putting strain on my back, took ibuprofen, was feeling a bit sore over the weekend but otherwise fine.

On Monday I figured I was good to go and tried incorporating pull-ups into my exercise routine again. That re-hosed up my back worse then before and I'm still in a lot of pain

hmmm gonna recommend weed

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

ram dass in hell posted:

hmmm gonna recommend weed

That's already his job!!!

Titty baby that sucks. I'm hoping for modern medicine to fix my back before it's Too Late but I don't have high hopes.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

there should be meets and greets with every b*g.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Lpzie posted:

there should be meets and greets with every b*g.

you’re posting in it. the thread for insects.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histeridae

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I've died on this hill before and I'll die on it again

Any slice that needs to be folded to eat is a slice of garbage pizza

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Lib and let die posted:

🤌

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

god drat right

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

going to lunch with my wife

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Lib and let die posted:

Exactly, that's why I only eat square cut thin crust pizza

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lunch with the wife style guy

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

titty_baby_ posted:

Tcc steroid thread will no doubt have a concoction to help

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

lald looking at a huge slice of pizza: fake, it cannot support its own weight at that size.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
portnoypilled and loving it. you know the rules.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
I refuse to ever be "portnoypilled" on anything.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

this place opened around the corner from me 2 days ago so of course i got one tonight, the one pictured in this days old facebook photo and friends. It loving ruled

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

lobster shirt posted:

they should have him sit on the sybian

lol this

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I like most bugs. There are a few I could do without.

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

Those are the bugs that need loved the most

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I will kill the ticks with no remorse

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

Well theyre a key little guy in the vital process of protein dispersal but ok

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

Yeah you don't need all that blood, that's right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Mr Hootington posted:

I like most bugs. There are a few I could do without.

ants are cool and they get a pass until they invade my home