Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Jen X posted:

is this really the place lol

ol bob kraft can't resist the chance to tug at peoples heats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Lol the stand up to jewish hate commercials after this week

What do you mean?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Harbaugh can't help himself for much longer can he?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
jesus the constant reaching didn't stop when Belichik left for the pats

what does that mean

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Yudo posted:

What do you mean?

There’s been a wild police crackdown on college campuses this week from people, including Jewish college groups, protesting the genocide in Gaza

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Nice pick

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Don’t love that both Wash and Pats went QB at the top of the first and then waited this long to go o-line when its a desperate need

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Relentlessboredomm posted:

There’s been a wild police crackdown on college campuses this week from people, including Jewish college groups, protesting the genocide in Gaza

A bunch of people at Emory - one of the universities represented up there - were arrested today

Yudo
May 15, 2003

I'm not sure I follow the sentiment. How does that negate "standing up" to antisemitism? Is Bob Kraft funding the crackdown or something?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Don’t love that both Wash and Pats went QB at the top of the first and then waited this long to go o-line when its a desperate need

they are gonna pay for that, no doubt

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

RC and Moon Pie posted:

A bunch of people at Emory - one of the universities represented up there - were arrested today

Sigh, that’s a shame. Idk what the powers that be are so terrified of that they feel the need to entirely overreact to these protests.

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
I really thought Payton would be tempted to trade up into the 2nd round with future picks, or at least move up in the 3rd with one of their 3 5th rounders, but I was wrong.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Great pick, big fan of Andru Phillips. Better than the a bunch of the corners who were taken before him

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I could jump over a car

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Love the Colson pick for the Chargers

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Yudo posted:

I'm not sure I follow the sentiment. How does that negate "standing up" to antisemitism? Is Bob Kraft funding the crackdown or something?

He announced he was going to stop giving to Columbia because students were protesting. Most of the Stop Jewish Hate campaign has really been "Stop criticizing Israel"

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Play posted:

they are gonna pay for that, no doubt

Agreed. It feels like a very very risky move when you’ve got a young dude. Wash at least invested in the interior o-line this offseason but still.

Yudo posted:

It doesn’t negate it but there’s a growing sense that AIPAC and other Israeli lobbies have been wielding the antisemitism charge as a cudgel against mild criticism of horrific military policies. This week watching college kids do simple sit ins and getting a response that’s entirely out of proportion with their protests is more evidence to that feeling.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Yudo posted:

Israel is making a large effort to depict the protests against genocide as, specifically, anti-Semitic. Netanyahu directly compared the protests to 1930s Germany and there's been a fairly substantial media push to try to rustle up the idea that there's a massive wave in antisemitism.

===

Who takes Blake Corum? He's gotta go soon here I think.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

a neat cape posted:

Teo 2.0

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Yudo posted:

some of the protestors are yelling poo poo like "go back to poland" at jews, but also there's a long history of conflating criticism of israeli violence and colonialism with antisemitism

ol bobby rub and tug is doing that even if he's also saying antisemitism sucks, which is otherwise a good sentiment considering hate crimes are up

- - - - - - -

bears are at 74 and I have no idea who the gently caress they want lol

Jen X fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Apr 27, 2024

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Silly Burrito posted:

I could jump over a car

hot wheels or matchbox?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

I could jump over a car

:toxx:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

solarjetman posted:

I really thought Payton would be tempted to trade up into the 2nd round with future picks, or at least move up in the 3rd with one of their 3 5th rounders, but I was wrong.

That would've been cool

Dance McPants
Mar 11, 2006

a neat cape posted:

can't imagine how jazzed Harbaugh is right now

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Trevin Wallace over Payton Wilson, that's wild

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
gently caress the Cowboys

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Play posted:

Trevin Wallace over Payton Wilson, that's wild

Wilson is old and injured

skeletons!
Mar 28, 2013
aaaaa gently caress you cowboys

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
gently caress the cowboys

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

drat great pick by the disgusting cowboys

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

drat great pick by the disgusting cowboys

Imagine we got Beebe to play LG

Play
Apr 25, 2006

wandler20 posted:

Wilson is old and injured

Yeah but Trevin Wallace is loving terrible, some of the worst tape in terms of linebacker recognition and instincts I've ever seen

Jen X posted:

gently caress the cowboys

Beebe is a big time steal though. I thought he was gonna go early second

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

gently caress the Cowboys

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Really like Beebe sad he's a cowboy

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Henchman of Santa posted:

He announced he was going to stop giving to Columbia because students were protesting. Most of the Stop Jewish Hate campaign has really been "Stop criticizing Israel"

Columbia has plenty of money. That is not the message I got from said commercial.

It doesn’t negate it but there’s a growing sense that AIPAC and other Israeli lobbies have been wielding the antisemitism charge as a cudgel against mild criticism of horrific military policies. This week watching college kids do simple sit ins and getting a response that’s entirely out of proportion with their protests is more evidence to that feeling.

If you say so.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Play posted:

Yeah but Trevin Wallace is loving terrible, some of the worst tape in terms of linebacker recognition and instincts I've ever seen

Beebe is a big time steal though. I thought he was gonna go early second

Hey I drafted him in the Goon draft, he's good! And young!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Bears take a Yalie

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Let's go Broncos! Do something cool and good

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Yudo posted:

Columbia has plenty of money. That is not the message I got from said commercial.

If you say so.

Of course that’s not the message you get from the commercial, that’s the entire point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Amegadjie has good measurables

well, long arms anyway