Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Tesla investors look at this and say "hmm yes this is a man who should be leading a public company and I want to put my money in it"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Just your reminder that there is no real evidence that AIG will ever exist, much less in the next century, the whole thing is private equity and market speculation...

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Elon's understanding of humor is limited to a list of memes he's learnt.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

thathonkey posted:

the "elon speaks street" tweet heavy contender for the most cringe thing of all time

Jorp’s “you’re pretty drat funny” tweet easily exceeds that.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
grok has been added to the sex offender registry

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

I've seen this before, but what's the story for it? She looks like a bond villain holding a compliance implant that explodes if your income drops below six figures.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

War Wizard posted:

I've seen this before, but what's the story for it? She looks like a bond villain holding a compliance implant that explodes if your income drops below six figures.

it is The Sacred Blood from which all Information flows

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

War Wizard posted:

And?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Elon's understanding of humor is limited to a list of memes he's learnt.

So he keeps posting the same ones because he's trying to train himself on them?

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

War Wizard posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theranos

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

So he keeps posting the same ones because he's trying to train himself on them?

No, these are just the ones he's learned are "funny". He doesn't understand humour, it's magic to him, so the best he can manage is learning a list of memes associated with laugh emoji responses among the people he interacts with.

Ratios and Tendency fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Apr 27, 2024

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

5 years: All electric Zeppelins ferrying 90% of earth shipping

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

War Wizard posted:

That's the theranos lady isn't it

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
That’s either a sample of blood that supposedly her company could do an implausible large number of tests on, or some component of the machine that supposedly did all those tests.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

kazil posted:

I added it. I hate the word very much.

Saw this coming for a while though. He's been replying to tweets that use it more, and his followers are going crazy using it.

as others have said, the hungry maw of the Crushing Sub cannot come for him soon enough

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

redshirt posted:

5 years: All electric Zeppelins ferrying 90% of earth shipping

The balloons blotting out the sun's rays actually manage to stave off global warming. World governments plead with the populous to not stop ordering gadgets through x the everything ap (TM) for fear the smallest gap in the world wide balloon coverage could tip us over the edge to 3 degree.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

War Wizard posted:

It's a "nano" blood vial showing the tiny amount of blood required (described as from a pin prick to the finger) that could be used to run 100s of diagnostic tests from.

Yadayada she lied. They all fake it till they make it, she just got caught.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Love to hang out with my mom at the eyes wide shut event

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Theranos Lady also put on a weird deep voice for "con" mode and its weird because a jornalist eavesdropped on a call and her her normal(woman) voice but as soon as she knew she needed to be in con mode, dropped an octave

also I hate that musk is using _______ mode for stuff, its cringe as gently caress and i hope he fries his brain faster.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

MasterSitsu posted:

It's a "nano" blood vial showing the tiny amount of blood required (described as from a pin prick to the finger) that could be used to run 100s of diagnostic tests from.

Yadayada she lied. They all fake it till they make it, she just got caught.

She invented a mysterious black box which was supposed to do a blood test on people using that tiny bit of blood. It didn't actually work, so she kept sending employees to mechanical turk the boxes, as the boxes did their best to stab random patient HIV blood into anyone interacting with them.

As her turtleneck hints at, she thought she could channel the Steve Jobs reality distortion field. It took longer than it should have for people to notice she was a charlatan psychopath. The whole thing reminds me of a certain someone else...

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Zero VGS posted:

She invented a mysterious black box which was supposed to do a blood test on people using that tiny bit of blood. It didn't actually work, so she kept sending employees to mechanical turk the boxes, as the boxes did their best to stab random patient HIV blood into anyone interacting with them.

As her turtleneck hints at, she thought she could channel the Steve Jobs reality distortion field. It took longer than it should have for people to notice she was a charlatan psychopath. The whole thing reminds me of a certain someone else...

She's not all bad, lots of rich assholes lost a ton of money to her con job.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

I should call him.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
Lol.. handing 700 million to a 19 year old to make a miracle blood tester.

gently caress, these these money people are stupid.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

lol

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

War Wizard posted:

Lol.. handing 700 million to a 19 year old to make a miracle blood tester.

gently caress, these these money people are stupid.

It was either Walgreens or CVS who hired subject matter experts to examine Theranos’ claims. The experts were unequivocal that the device was not plausible and had to be a fraud.

In the end, Walgreens/CVS invested because the other one already had, and “what if we’re left behind?”

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

the chief scientist of theranos was a true believer until he realised how hosed up the product and holmes were which led to him committing suicide, possibly the shittiest thing that company did

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
latestage capitalism : what if we took basic game theory, but we both still invest because what if the other has found legit magic?

also there's probably some horny ness from the dumb rear end men investing.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

The Saddest Rhino posted:

the chief scientist of theranos was a true believer until he realised how hosed up the product and holmes were which led to him committing suicide, possibly the shittiest thing that company did

Chief Scientist and True Believer maybe shouldn't be in the same sentence. If he believed in loving peer review it never would have gone so far.

edit: "Juicero of AIDS"

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Apr 27, 2024

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
It’s a classic tech* story. The product did not work and was always very far from actually working, but the company valuation skyrocketed because they sought investment from people who didn’t know enough about the subject to tell that they were being lied to. She flew too close to the sun and got burned, but lots of CEOs are doing basically the same thing.

*like how Tesla is a “tech company” and not a car company, Theranos was pitched as a tech company and not a medical device company.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

CBO = Chief Believing Officer

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Not only that, committed suicide by acetaminophen overdose, surely knowing it is one of the worst ways to kill yourself. It was basically, I am choosing to have one of the worst deaths possible for what I have done.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Pirate Radar posted:

*like how Tesla is a “tech company” and not a car company, Theranos was pitched as a tech company and not a medical device company.

It's the one thing that gets more funding than tech. Bio tech. Probably why Musk diversified into probing monkeys.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

why does his mom look like the joker

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
musk probes monkeys because he had an episode of locked body and not being able to tiptap his phone to shitpost put the fear of god into him.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

AlmightyBob posted:

why does his mom look like the joker

because she gave birth to a clown

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Funky See Funky Do posted:

because she gave birth to a clown

lol

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Elon hanging out with his scary Mom is to show us how we need to make more babies, since we are running a SERIOUS BABY DEFICIENCY!!!!"

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Three Olives posted:

Just your reminder that there is no real evidence that AIG will ever exist,

AI's improvement in just a couple of years has been measured in exponential growth and abilities. Even art bots can measure tremendous growth in months as opposed to years. The idea that AGI is not possible at all seems more like wishful thinking than a reasonable point of view. I think in the range of 50-100 years it's not only possible, but very probable to have a human level AGI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Nelson Mandingo posted:

AI's improvement in just a couple of years has been measured in exponential growth and abilities. Even art bots can measure tremendous growth in months as opposed to years. The idea that AGI is not possible at all seems more like wishful thinking than a reasonable point of view. I think in the range of 50-100 years it's not only possible, but very probable to have a human level AGI.

Maybe he's a modern day Thomas Watson Sr