Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I've never played FF7 original or otherwise, but I've had the heavily modded version of the original installed on steam for over 2 years now. I will play it eventually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The one ff7 related thing I really need to try is the retranslated version everyone loved

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

is steam the best way to play ff7 these day or should i emu

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...

Dongicus posted:

PS1 is the only version that has properly working music loops + correct syncing in specific sequences. Plus it has all the really funny spelling and grammatical errors, which are essential parts of the experience

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Dongicus posted:

Steam lets you install mods to improve graphics/sound/UI if you care about that. I'm playing FF7 right now for the first time and it's rad as hell.

https://7thheaven.rocks/

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The one ff7 related thing I really need to try is the retranslated version everyone loved

What's this. Tell me more

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
ffx is far superioer.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
FF9 is my favorite but I did not mind how slow the combat was as much as others do..... vivi ftw.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Stux posted:

ffx is far superioer.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Stux posted:

ffx is far superioer.

:yeah:

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

aaoouueegghh?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
mothman is real and my friend

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
the remake project works for pretty much any background honestly ive got a friend who played through intergrade with me recently who has zero ff7 exposure and they loved it

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Stux posted:

ffx is far superioer.

This is the indicator if you are an old millennial or a not as old millennial.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

issue?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
whichever final fantasy is your favorite is valid

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

FF9 is my favorite but I did not mind how slow the combat was as much as others do..... vivi ftw.

i'm having a sick weekend on the couch with a brutal case of bronchitis so i am thinking it's time to do another ff9 playthrough while on crazy european cough medicine. there's just something so comforting about that entry in the series for me.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

yup.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
but you're all wrong its 8

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

NoiseAnnoys posted:

i'm having a sick weekend on the couch with a brutal case of bronchitis so i am thinking it's time to do another ff9 playthrough while on crazy european cough medicine. there's just something so comforting about that entry in the series for me.

i dont think any long RPG has ever nailed the ending as well as FF9 did..... what a game.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

also man, i do not know how all those opioid goons manage to function, typing this post takes like forever and i keep fuciking it up. codiene and final fantasy!

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i dont think any long RPG has ever nailed the ending as well as FF9 did..... what a game.

yeah, man, i'll be honest, i don't know if im ready for it again.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

final fentanyl

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

I've been playing through all the final fantasy games (pixel remasters for the early ones cos ughhh originals are too much of a slog, especially to stream!)
Gonna start FFIV tonight probably and I'm excited b/c I think it's one of the better ones even though I don't think it ever gets rated that highly??

I used to play some fan made FFIV online game on BYOND when I was a teenager so the game makes me super nostalgic for those days

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Still thinking about Shogun.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

ff xii ftw. Especially the zodiac edition that fixes most of its flaws.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i think a lot of people like FF4, its just that FF5 is the common FF nerd's choice for the best of the SNES/SFC games, and FF6 is the common normie's choice

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Kefka is still my favorite FF villain.

Tactics is my second favorite ff.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
4, 6 and 7 are all major life events for my childhood self

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
vi is an extremely valid fav final fantasy

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
using da joose to fast travel

Beet
Aug 24, 2003
About 15 years ago I beat Bahamut on the moon in FFIVDS while blackout drunk on Four Loko-adjacent malt liquor

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Beet posted:

About 15 years ago I beat Bahamut on the moon in FFIVDS while blackout drunk on Four Loko-adjacent malt liquor

Cool