Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Stunning Honky posted:

What do courtroom sketchers generally work with. Like some sort of crayons that cost a lot or somethjng

Pencils and chalk I believe

EDIT: https://ask.metafilter.com/373814/What-medium-do-courtroom-sketch-artists-generally-use

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

It's cool how courtrooms have two unique positions, the sketcher, and the person on the strange keypad typing everything in real time.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
lol
https://twitter.com/BidenHQ/status/1783965571999993991

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

What the gently caress like read the room goodness

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

lol perfect

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

When Biden's dogs bite people they actually go live on a farm

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Devor posted:

When Biden's dogs bite people they actually go live on a farm

Commander (the German Shepherd in question) had 24! separate incidents where he bit White House staff. That seems like a lot of biting.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
I can’t claim I wouldn’t do the same in the same environment. Politics is stressful.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Powershift posted:

What would Trump be like if he was never president? would he just be an irrelevant bully on twitter?

I vaguely remember in the before times Obama clowning on him and some news stuff about his birther bullshit but i don't fully remember what the news was like before it became this 24/7 Trump train wreck.

He was certainly always present - I'm rewatching The Sopranos from 2002 and they mention him when a character buys some property as a (shady) investment. He maybe became less relevant between the late 80s and The Apprentice, though?

He has particular relevance in my area of Scotland because his golf club here was a deeply unpopular decision (there's a documentary about it). A university I once worked for gave him an honorary degree, but stripped him of it when he said some Islamaphobic stuff in 2015.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

JFC

"I don't think a toddler should be given a loaded gun, but I'm going to give the kid one anyway."

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme

Anderson Koopa posted:

Commander (the German Shepherd in question) had 24! separate incidents where he bit White House staff. That seems like a lot of biting.

I thought it was zero WH staff and all Secret Service?

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Jalumibnkrayal posted:

I thought it was zero WH staff and all Secret Service?

I apologize, I lumped the Secret Service in with the White House staff. At any rate 24 chomp chomps from a dog is a lot.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Anderson Koopa posted:

I apologize, I lumped the Secret Service in with the White House staff. At any rate 24 chomp chomps from a dog is a lot.

And yet not enough cops bitten

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The Republican Party summarized in a "Chyron".

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

I'm the baby, gotta love me!

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
Still love the truck Trump!

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Another day, another plan to dismantle another government agency:

https://twitter.com/guardiannews/status/1783798702530036133

Trump will dismantle key US weather and science agency, climate experts fear

quote:

Climate experts fear Donald Trump will follow a blueprint created by his allies to gut the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (Noaa), disbanding its work on climate science and tailoring its operations to business interests.

Joe Biden’s presidency has increased the profile of the science-based federal agency but its future has been put in doubt if Trump wins a second term and at a time when climate impacts continue to worsen.

The plan to “break up Noaa is laid out in the Project 2025 document written by more than 350 rightwingers and helmed by the Heritage Foundation. Called the Mandate for Leadership: The Conservative Promise, it is meant to guide the first 180 days of presidency for an incoming Republican president.

The document bears the fingerprints of Trump allies, including Johnny McEntee, who was one of Trump’s closest aides and is a senior adviser to Project 2025. “The National Oceanographic [sic] and Atmospheric Administration (Noaa) should be dismantled and many of its functions eliminated, sent to other agencies, privatized, or placed under the control of states and territories,” the proposal says.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'm so tired of every election being a civilization defining event, but, alas, here we are again.

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
I trust my president and his sharpie more than those woke science nerds!

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Anderson Koopa posted:

He's just defending himself from dogs biggest natural predator.

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
gently caress’s sake America, get your poo poo together

Reading about the scotus today is making me nervous

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Commander looking for Secret Service people to bite.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

jet sanchEz posted:

gently caress’s sake America, get your poo poo together

Reading about the scotus today is making me nervous

Nervous in that you think they'll give Trump total immunity? Won't happen.

Nervous that they'll delay his trials? That was always going to happen.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

loving Kissenger junior piece of poo poo.

I mad sorry posts suck.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Commander stalking the halls of the White House, clicking his jaw to try and echolocate ghosts in order to send them back to hell

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

key difference here being that Commander at least knows how to hunt (Secret Service agents).

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Get 'em Commander!

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Durf posted:

I could imagine that Boebert never grew past the poor 17 year old who was sexually harassed in a bowling alley then groomed into pumping out a bunch of kids. I kind of feel bad for her in the same way I do the wives of Crowder or Matt Walsh. if she was ever given the opportunities to grow as an adult she might have turned poo poo around.

I have more sympathy for her than MTG who has never faced challenges or consequences, and took up bible thumping to ignore a past of rampant drug abuse and sleeping around. hobbies typical of a spoiled nepo-failchild of small business tyrants

TBF she wasn't the one sexually harassed in the bowling alley.

She witnessed a guy sexually harass an underaged girl at a bowling alley and then decided that was the man she wanted to marry.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

She was already with him at that time iirc, I believe she was pregnant with their criminal son when that happened

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Apr 27, 2024

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

MrQwerty posted:

She was already with him at that time iirc, I believe she was pregnant with their criminal son when that happened

This is correct.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

redshirt posted:

I'm so tired of every election being a civilization defining event, but, alas, here we are again.

It feels like a portion of the population wants to try out the mad max thing.

It's so weird to see Barr say Trump has no business being in the WH, but he'll vote for him anyways. There is a non-zero chance the entire country could collapse if Trump goes full dictator. Does Barr think he'll be running Barter Town? He'll be one of the dudes shoveling poo poo if he isn't just straight up ground into pigfeed.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

MrQwerty posted:

Romantic I say

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Anderson Koopa posted:

I know you're trying to find an excuse to shoot the dog, but it's actually good that it specifically bites cops.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

uh, mr biden, i'm pretty sure the mods said we're not supposed to talk about that incident anymore 😬

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
The Republican Party today would be far better as a tv sitcom than the current real life circus we get to experience every day.

At least if it were on tv I could just turn it off

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

GOP platform:

Buy a pack of squares
Arrive at the apartment
Confront the investor
Explain the situation
Have him sign the documents
Bind him to a chair
Handcuff him
Place him face down on the bed
Shoot him once
Remember gloves
Scan apartment
Kill the dog
Kill the dog
Kill the dog
Emphasis
Kill the dog
Kill the dog
Kill the dog
Emphasis
Kill the dog
Emphasis
On kill the dog
Emphasis
Kill the dog

blackmet
Aug 5, 2006

I believe there is a universal Truth to the process of doing things right (Not that I have any idea what that actually means).
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/4624817-maine-threat-winner-take-all-nebraska-electorial-college/

Basically, if Nebraska goes through with its hackneyed plan to change how they allocate their electoral college votes, Maine will try to change theirs as well to counterbalance.

Republicans: NO, NOT LIKE THAT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Lend me your scissors bitch